PDA

View Full Version : 3.X Monster Mythology

Blackjackg
2011-03-26, 02:23 PM
I went through my old 2e Monster Mythology book and pulled out all the deities who don't seem to have been updated to 3rd edition. Can anyone here point out an official source for these figures that I have missed?

Balador (Werebears)
Damh (Satyrs)
Daragor (Evil lycanthropes)
Eachthighern (Unicorns)
Emmantiensien (Treants)
Ferrix (Weretigers)
Gzemnid (Beholder)
Koriel (Ki-Rin)*
Nathair Sgiathach (Pseudodragons)
Oberon (Fae)
Persana (Tritons)
Psilofyr (Myconids)
Quorlinn (Kenku)**
Remnis (Giant eagles)
Stalker (Goblinoids)
Surminare (Selkies)
Syranita (Aarakocra)**
Trishina (Dolphins/Sea Elves)
Verenestra (Dryads/Nymphs/Sylphs)

* Ki-Rin is only official in 3e in the Oriental Adventures supplement, which doesn't use the traditional D&D pantheon
** Kenku and Aarakocra are specifically noted as typically following deities other than these.

These deities are mentioned in passing in official material, but as far as I can tell, they haven't been statted anywhere:

Jazirian (Couatl) -- Serpent Kingdoms
Diinkarazan (Derro) -- FCI
Eshebala (Foxwomen) -- FCI
Meriadar (Mongrelmen) -- Races of Destiny
Ramenos (Bullywug) -- FCI
Skiggaret (Bugbear) -- FCI
Titania (Faeries) -- Dr359

I don't believe any of these monsters has been updated to 3.X, so it makes sense that the deities would be axed too. But correct me if I'm wrong.

Caoimhin (Killmoulis)
Kuraulyek (Urds)
Squelaiche (Leprechaun)

And these two gods were killed or revealed to be dead in other editions. I just include them for completeness' sake (but do let me know if they have official 3rd edition material-- WotC has done stranger things).

Gorellik (Gnolls) **Revealed to be dead in Demonomicon of Iggwilv (4e)
Maanzecorian (Illithids) **Killed in Dead Gods (2e)

Any input? I'd love to shrink this list.

KillianHawkeye
2011-03-26, 09:47 PM
Selkies are in Fiend Folio, but it doesn't mention anything about their deities.

Thurbane
2011-03-26, 10:09 PM
Did Kanchelsis or Mellifleur get statted out? I know Kanchelsis is mentioned as the lord of the 487th layer of the Abyss in this (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060620a&page=3) article...and I believe Mellifleur is referenced as Melif in the section on Gehenna in MoTP.

Blackjackg
2011-03-27, 05:34 AM
Did Kanchelsis or Mellifleur get statted out? I know Kanchelsis is mentioned as the lord of the 487th layer of the Abyss in this (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060620a&page=3) article...and I believe Mellifleur is referenced as Melif in the section on Gehenna in MoTP.

Kanchelsis and Mellifleur are both statted out as lesser deities in issue 359 of Dragon.

Thanks for the note on the Selkies. I'll update the op.