PDA

View Full Version : prediction based on #783...

Causality
2011-03-26, 03:05 PM
I predict that the OOTS will take on Enor, and help him find a way to raise Gannji. During the process, the OOTS earns Enor's respect, and he sticks with them after raising Gannji. Gannji goes along out of his sense of brotherhood with Enor, but takes on more of the role of "outside agitator" that Belkar currently holds. Belkar starts to believe in Ray's mission. Gannji and Enor represent all the non-humanoid but conscious life forms on the planet, much like Redcloak does for the Goblinoid races, but Gannji and Enor work from the "good" side instead of the "evil" side, and it is the blurring of these lines of what is "good" and "evil" along the traditional mindset that will be one of the big points at the close of the strip.

Asarlai
2011-03-26, 03:24 PM
I think they'll be recurring characters, but certainly won't join the OotS. I just don't see that happening. Elan might help by trying to persuade his father to let Enor go (assuming he survives), but I think the positive interaction will be fairly limited.

Maralais
2011-03-26, 03:27 PM
Who's Ray?

sims796
2011-03-26, 03:29 PM
I think both Enor and Genji will die horribly.

But that's just me. I clearly hold the minority opinion on this particular subject, and I apologize to everyone for my wild theories.

t209
2011-03-26, 03:34 PM
Who's Ray?

I think he meant Roy and he is the leader of the order of the stick! (The black guy with a sword)!

Swordpriest
2011-03-26, 03:35 PM
My thought on the matter?

They're dead, Jim. :smallfrown:

Causality
2011-03-26, 03:46 PM
Sorry- Roy.

Yeah, they could die in the second panel of #784, but there was something about the artwork of the tears of Enor that moved me, and I think they will join OotS on some level, and represent something larger than just a couple outcast bounty hunters living on the edge of society...

HappyBlanket
2011-03-26, 03:55 PM
Sorry- Roy.

Yeah, they could die in the second panel of #784, but there was something about the artwork of the tears of Enor that moved me, and I think they will join OotS on some level, and represent something larger than just a couple outcast bounty hunters living on the edge of society...

I don't think oots is that optimistic of a webcomic.

G-Man Graves
2011-03-26, 04:02 PM
My thoughts:
Enor and Ganji are deader than a cracked light bulb.
Belkar is NOT going to be replaced upon dying.
This is because he will get killed in the climax, as is fitting of a major character in the series.

ThePhantasm
2011-03-26, 05:28 PM
Why oh why oh why oh why is this not in the main strip thread?

Dr.Epic
2011-03-26, 05:32 PM
I predict that the OOTS will take on Enor, and help him find a way to raise Gannji.

Yes, let's help someone who captured 3 of our party member by raising an enormous amount of diamonds to bring back another person who helped in the kidnapping process instead of working on the not so important task of protecting the world from either an epic lich who delightfully kills anyone or an abomination that can kill deities with ease. Of course!

Alex Warlorn
2011-03-26, 06:10 PM
Depending if Enor survives the next attack and DOESN'T die with her best friend or doesn't use himself as a giant shield he could replace the 'attack dog on a leash' statue that Belkar has. (After either random dumb luck or Belkar's karma bite Belkar where it hurts.)

Kish
2011-03-26, 08:37 PM
Don't let Roy hear you call him Ray. He has traumatic memories of his first adventuring party...

stemfish
2011-03-26, 08:43 PM
Roy?

You mean Greenhilt? or Red Pommel?

FujinAkari
2011-03-26, 09:04 PM
The Giant has been pretty clear in stating that there are exactly six members of the Order of the Stick, no more and no less.

While the Order will have occasional helpers or allies, this is ultimately their story.

sims796
2011-03-26, 10:27 PM
The Giant has been pretty clear in stating that there are exactly six members of the Order of the Stick, no more and no less.

While the Order will have occasional helpers or allies, this is ultimately their story.

Soon to be five.

NegativeFifteen
2011-03-26, 10:31 PM
I honestly hope Gannji and Enor are both dead. Its not that I don't like them, but if they lived, it would take a lot away from the emotional impact 783 had.

Asarlai
2011-03-27, 01:49 AM
I honestly hope Gannji and Enor are both dead. Its not that I don't like them, but if they lived, it would take a lot away from the emotional impact 783 had.

If only Enor survived (or jumped to save his friend), then there would still be an emotional impact (the former for Enor's emotions/reaction, the latter for his moment of death).

ThePhantasm
2011-03-27, 07:44 AM
Soon to be five.

Belkar will be a member forever, even if only in our hearts.

Who149
2011-03-27, 11:31 AM

That actually supports the theory. If there is no less, then after Belkar dies then someone has to take his place.

ThePhantasm
2011-03-27, 11:37 AM
That actually supports the theory. If there is no less, then after Belkar dies then someone has to take his place.

Belkar's death won't erase the fact that he was a member. There are six OOTS members. If one doesn't make it to the end of the story there were still six. A Belkar replacement would be a seventh member.

NerfTW
2011-03-27, 02:10 PM
I predict that the OOTS will take on Enor, and help him find a way to raise Gannji.

That wouldn't take very long. Durkon is quite capable of casting resurrection, as we've seen. And acquiring the necessary amount in diamonds is a trivial matter for adventurers of their level. Especially given that Tarquin isn't likely to object to just giving them the diamonds if they ask. Well, not successfully. It's not like he can stop them from just raiding the treasury on their way out. :smallwink:

All the trouble with raising Roy was entirely due to them being split up with the cleric and body on opposite teams AND the cloister spell being cast, preventing them from just making a place to meet. Like Roy pointed out, death is trivial when you're an adventurer.

HappyBlanket
2011-03-27, 03:54 PM
That wouldn't take very long. Durkon is quite capable of casting resurrection, as we've seen. And acquiring the necessary amount in diamonds is a trivial matter for adventurers of their level. Especially given that Tarquin isn't likely to object to just giving them the diamonds if they ask. Well, not successfully. It's not like he can stop them from just raiding the treasury on their way out. :smallwink:

All the trouble with raising Roy was entirely due to them being split up with the cleric and body on opposite teams AND the cloister spell being cast, preventing them from just making a place to meet. Like Roy pointed out, death is trivial when you're an adventurer.

Diamonds aren't cheap. And Res is even more expensive. Woops, for some reason I thought it had exp cost. Makes Res more likely, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Durkon has as much incentive to raise Enor and Gannji as he had to raise the CPPD chief.

Kareasint
2011-03-27, 07:09 PM
It's not like he can stop them from just raiding the treasury on their way out. :smallwink:

Knowing haley, she already robbed the treasury or was thinking about it.

skim172
2011-03-27, 07:40 PM
I'd say even if one of them survives, there's no way they join the Order. Not just for the reasons above - only six members, etc - but also because from their viewpoint, the Order is clearly responsible for them being in this situation.

They got into this because they took a contract out on Elan - even if it was a mistake. They're in prison because Roy and Belkar got into it with them at the bar. And the guy who screwed them in court, well, he's Elan's father, the guy sitting up there in the balcony right next to Elan and his girlfriend.

And when you're bleeding on the arena floor next to your dead best friend and you can barely make out the despot and his family up there through the haze of blood and tears, well, the family tensions beneath the surface aren't really going to be obvious.

nonamearisto
2011-03-27, 09:39 PM
Why is it that so many people think that Gannji will join the OOtS? He seems like a recurring or temporary character, like Miko, Celia, and maybe even Hinjo, depending on how you define it.

To be fair, if Belkar dies soon, he seems like a viable replacement, but so do a number of other characters (Celia, O-Chul, etc).

I will point out that Gannji is probably a lot less evil than Belkar ever was, and is capable of fighting on the level that the OOtS does, although I'm still skeptical about there being a replacement.

Zmflavius
2011-03-27, 11:30 PM
Don't let Roy hear you call him Ray. He has traumatic memories of his first adventuring party...

Wait, seriously? Was there someone called Ray in Otoopcs?

Heksefatter
2011-03-27, 11:37 PM
They can't survive this crossbows unless someone directly intervenes with magic. I much doubt that would happen. Either it would have to be V and why should s/he or someone entirely else, such as Gairard, which would be pretty Deus-ex-Machina.

They are dead. Deader than dead dodos. The Order has no more reason or opportunity to raise them than any of the other prisoners in the dungeons who are far more innocent.

Sarco_Phage
2011-03-27, 11:41 PM
Belkar will be a member forever, even if only in our hearts.

Speak for yourself, man, the sooner the little psychopath is dead and gone, the better. There is literally nothing Belkar brings to the table that makes him worth keeping around.

Hell, Roy aced him in a single hit.

TheSummoner
2011-03-27, 11:54 PM
They can't survive this crossbows unless someone directly intervenes with magic. I much doubt that would happen. Either it would have to be V and why should s/he or someone entirely else, such as Gairard, which would be pretty Deus-ex-Machina.

They are dead. Deader than dead dodos. The Order has no more reason or opportunity to raise them than any of the other prisoners in the dungeons who are far more innocent.

Not necessarily. If the first volley doesn't kill both of them, Elan might be able to stop the second. Chances are atleast one of them is going to die (personally, I'm betting on Enor shielding Gannji with his body)... Its pretty much impossible to stop the first volley without magical intervention but it doesn't mean they're both doomed from that alone.

nonamearisto
2011-03-28, 12:38 AM
They could survive either way. Characters have gotten out of worse scrapes than having crossbows shot at them before. I would not be surprised at either outcome. Still, relatively well developed characters generally don't die so easily. It took a giant explosion to take out Miko, and her relevance to the plot would likely have ended with the destruction of the gate and fall of Azure city in any event. And Therkla's importance was tied to her attempts to get at Elan, and when those ended, so did she.

Something tells me Enor and Gannji are another set of these "themed" characters, who generally are tied to a single plot liner or other character and usually do not leave it. Same thing with Crystal and Greysky city. Even Celia is tied to events that revolve around Roy, at least, after she was "upgraded" from being a one-off character in the very early comics.

The only thing which might make a difference would be if Belkar's death occurs really soon, which is not at all impossible. Then there would be an opening to fill. Even so, I don't see a lizard and/or dragon jumping in at the last second to fill the last leg of the adventure. I could be wrong though. If anyone played Dragon Age Origins (not the crappy sequel!), you might know of a very unlikely replacement for one of the main characters who can come in at the very last leg of the game, so the same principle might apply here. I doubt it, though.

snikrept
2011-03-28, 12:39 AM
I'm thinking mayyyybe Enor might shield Gannji with his body long enough for some interaction between Tarquin and the others in the royal booth to halt the rain of arrows. Magic 8 Ball says "signs point to dead" though

Kish
2011-03-28, 05:49 AM
Wait, seriously? Was there someone called Ray in Otoopcs?
No. The leader of Roy's first adventuring party kept calling him Ray, to Roy's ever-increasing annoyance.

Heksefatter
2011-03-28, 05:54 AM

Not necessarily. If the first volley doesn't kill both of them, Elan might be able to stop the second. Chances are atleast one of them is going to die (personally, I'm betting on Enor shielding Gannji with his body)... Its pretty much impossible to stop the first volley without magical intervention but it doesn't mean they're both doomed from that alone.

Well, I stand corrected. I totally discounted the allosaurian option.