PDA

View Full Version : Module making

Doomboy911
2011-03-26, 04:05 PM
I was wondering how might one go about writing a module for Dungeons and Dragons?

Eldan
2011-03-26, 04:09 PM
In a very general fashion:

You need:

-Hooks. Way for the characters to get involved. Since this is supposed to be a module, you need a broad variety, since you won't know who's playing in the end.
-Plot. Here, it's important that you should not have a situation where the PCs can easily get stuck. Never involve a single clue they might miss and, then, never get on with the adventure.
-Encounter. Both of the violent and the flavourful kind. People to interact with and get information from. Things to compete against.
-Locations.

stabbitty death
2011-03-26, 06:45 PM
In a very general fashion:

You need:

-Hooks. Way for the characters to get involved. Since this is supposed to be a module, you need a broad variety, since you won't know who's playing in the end.
-Plot. Here, it's important that you should not have a situation where the PCs can easily get stuck. Never involve a single clue they might miss and, then, never get on with the adventure.
-Encounter. Both of the violent and the flavourful kind. People to interact with and get information from. Things to compete against.
-Locations.

that is how you make a good module. All you really need is a pen, some paper, and a 12 pack of booze.

dsmiles
2011-03-26, 06:50 PM
and a 12 pack of booze.
It usually takes me a little longer than that. :smallwink:

I kid, I kid. Eldan's got it right. He just missed one thing: Playtesting. Playtesting is very important.