PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody knows of a good english to arabic translator?

Dusk Eclipse
2011-03-26, 05:19 PM
I have a character who is of Arabic origin and as such I want to name his techniques (he is a character for Anima Beyond Fantasy) in his native tongue, the problem is that I haven't found an English-Arabic on-line translator that shows the translation in English alphabet, not in Arabic alphabet.

So can anyone help?

Ravens_cry
2011-03-26, 05:27 PM
Google Translate has a text to voice function. Run that a few times to figure some Latin letters that would be most appropriate, though I can not vouch for it's accuracy one way or the other.

Baalthazaq
2011-03-26, 05:56 PM
If it's a one off, you could PM me.

Do you mind if some of them might be "Emirati Arabic" translations rather than "Fas-ha Arabic"?

Dusk Eclipse
2011-03-26, 06:11 PM
If it's a one off, you could PM me.

Do you mind if some of them might be "Emirati Arabic" translations rather than "Fas-ha Arabic"?

Thank you very much, just one question... what is the difference between Emirati Arabic and Fas- Ha Arabic?

Baalthazaq
2011-03-26, 06:19 PM
Written Arabic (Fas-ha)is still akin to "Ye Olde English" and is universal (used on pan-Arab tv).
Spoken differs from place to place. Emirati is from the United Arab Emirates.

Baalthazaq
2011-03-26, 06:22 PM
I'll try Fas-ha, but may have to settle for Emirati occassionally. Though I could always find out.

Alternatively sending me what the translator says will mean I can read it.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-03-26, 06:28 PM
Written Arabic (Fas-ha)is still akin to "Ye Olde English" and is universal (used on pan-Arab tv).
Spoken differs from place to place. Emirati is from the United Arab Emirates.

I'll try Fas-ha, but may have to settle for Emirati occassionally. Though I could always find out.

Alternatively sending me what the translator says will mean I can read it.

Great thanks, just give me a few minutes while I write the techniques to be translated :smallsmile:

Baalthazaq
2011-03-26, 07:09 PM
I gtg sleep but I'll be up in 4 hours if you still need it. Remember to PM it to me. If you have the Arabic in Arabic and just want it "read" I can do that for you too.