PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Demon Princes [IC]

Bridgar
2011-03-26, 05:31 PM
The world around you suddenly fades out. There is nothing but darkness. Your life as it was is gone now. You look around to see four other people, somehow perfectly lit in the vast expanse of darkness. You look down and feel queasy, as there appears to be nothing supporting you. There is a brief sensation of falling before your eyes quickly snap back up, level with what would be the ground. There is a writhing ball of pure energy in front of you that was not there before. It is cannot be described as white, black, blue, red, green, prismatic, metallic, or any other comprehensible visual interpretation. It is simply a huge mass of energy hovering in front of you. Your feet suddenly fall out from under you and your knees buckle. You land on all fours, nearly puking from being so disoriented. After you recover from the nausea, you try to stand up but realize that you can't. You look around and see that the four others are in the same position. They appear to be bowing to the energy and now that you think about it, so are you. Shortly after this realization, a series of loud, guttural tones ring out in the darkness. You don't quite understand what the noises mean but you feel compelled to listen. After a few minutes of listening to the droning sounds, they stop and you suddenly realize what they all meant.
"You will serve me or die. I am a Primordial Lord. I am speaking to you in my own tongue, which I will teach you rather than stooping to your level. I have brought you here to bend your will to mine. If you do as I say, you will be put through four trials to test your power. If you don't, I will kill you right here and now. The trials shall be those of stone, fire, ice, and lightning. Decide now before I rid myself of your pathetic existence."

You effectively gain the language of Primordial. It is a more advanced form of Primordial and every word you speak in it is heard by this Primordial Lord.

horngeek
2011-03-26, 07:03 PM
Birel doesn't hesitate.

"Before I make the choice, I need knowledge of what you wish for me to fight, because I would rather die than harm my home."

Bridgar
2011-03-26, 07:08 PM
The Primordial Lord crackles with power.
"If you do not do as I command of you not only will you die, but your entire plane will be wiped out. I will inform you of your mission once you have proven yourself worthy. It is of universal importance."

horngeek
2011-03-26, 07:12 PM
"...in that case, very well. I will see how this goes."

A'den
2011-03-27, 12:04 AM
Nyx

Did we loose all our items?
Making a save against whatever mental affect we are under.[roll0]

Nyx looked around for a moment from her position she could see some others why the old blather mouth kept talking, it reminded her of an over talkative ghost. She was obviously under some effect.

"Test me then," and I'll find a way to make you choke.

Codemus
2011-03-27, 12:12 AM
Vondal

Vondal snorted. "I know when I am outmatched. Very well, bring on your tests! I will... submit." Being so powerless left him fuming, but thankfully not enough for the haze to take hold. That would only get him killed for sure.

PolkaBear
2011-03-27, 10:57 AM
Varonigs

Justance coughed and shook his head, then spat to one side in a futile attempt to clear the taste of bile. Still on his hand and knees, he looked up at the ineffable energy.

"You're obviously powerful and lord of this realm. I don't dispute that, sir. But you should know that my will is not my own: I am an instrument of my god. You might have no qualms about challenging a god. Likewise, I have no qualms about facing your challenges. Let us both learn what purpose Pelor has for bringing me here. And if I perish, I perish."

"There are many who style themselves 'Master' or 'Prince.' By what name do you wish yourself known to the world?"

Bridgar
2011-03-27, 11:20 AM
"I am a Primordial Lord and I shall not be known to the world. You will not speak of me to anyone else, as you don't have the power to do so. If you attempt to, you will die. As for your youngling god, Pelor plays his own role in this conflict. He's not helping but he's not hurting. If you wish for him to continue existing, you'll help with the problem as I tell you to. He has not brought you here, I have. He does not know of this place and I have made sure of that. It is imperative that you keep our business from him. An angel you may be, but you still have free will."

A'den
2011-03-27, 12:59 PM
Nyx

Nyx couldn't help but keep some of the jest out of her voice, they were all probably gonna die anyways. That's what came of mixing with Primordials and Gods.

"So what's so friggin important in the multiverse anyways, loose your Primordial chamber pot?"

Knowledge Aranca: Know who this is? Comprehend what sort of being this is. [roll0]

PolkaBear
2011-03-27, 03:25 PM
Justance Senneset

"You say it's outside of Pelor's concerns? Fine. I'm willing to submit to that answer unless I learn differently. I make my own choices, but they are principled ones; and among those principles is a readiness to give help when needed. If you're willing to tell us, I'd like to know what the problem is. If necessary, we'll sort out the whole 'unlimited cosmic power' versus 'needing our help' part later, although I'm guessing it has something to do with your desire to remain hidden."

"In other words, I'm willing to hear your request--or demands, if you prefer."

Bridgar
2011-03-27, 08:38 PM
Nyx's neck bends to an unseen power until he again faces what would be the ground, vomiting.
"No, but now you've lost your lunch. Watch what you say to me, whelp."

Hahaha you rolled a 1 for the second roll of the game.
He is a Primordial Lord. You don't, however know what one is. It was a stretch to even recognize the name.

"As for you, Justance, I will tell you what I need of you after you have proven your worth to me. You will go through the trials before I go divulging secrets of cosmic importance."

PolkaBear
2011-03-27, 10:30 PM
Justance Senneset (He's feeling very vulnerable and not particularly angelic right now.)

"Fair enough."

A'den
2011-03-28, 04:38 AM
Nyx

"Blargh!" Nyx rolls over whipping the vomit off her front, she's shut up for right now but a calculating look has come over her face.

Religion: [roll0] History [roll1] Dungeoneering [roll2] Same question. Get the 1's out of the way early.

Bridgar
2011-03-30, 06:26 PM
OOC: He's had enough time. He'll be NPCd until his return.

Verrinor grudgingly agrees to submit to the will of the Primordial Lord, knowing that he is no good to Bane dead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your first trial is that of stone. Reach the peak of the mountain without leaving the ground. That means no flying, jumping, teleporting, portal hopping, or any other means of transportation that do not involve a test of your physical endurance." As the Primordial Lord speaks, the darkness around you gives way to a world beneath you, the sun just barely rising over the plains to the south. You appear to be floating among the clouds but your feeling of nausea is gone, replaced by awe at the beauty of the landscape beneath you. There lies a large mountain to the north, the peak of which you can barely see. To the east and west lie oceans, as the mountain juts out onto a peninsula. To the south is a vast and empty expanse of plains.
"You have twenty-four hours to reach the peak. The sun will rise at midnight and set at midnight. If the sun sets before you reach the peak or if your feet leave the ground for more than a moment, you will be executed and I shall replace you with no remorse. We will next speak when I kill you or congratulate you. Goodbye." Immediately after the Primordial Lord utters his last syllable, he winks out, nowhere to be seen. Alerted by the feeling of your insides rising, you realize that you are no longer floating and that the world beneath you is rising to meet firmly with your legs. You shield your eyes and wince before the impact but there is no pain. You now stand facing the base of a mountain that appears to be at least a mile high.

How much do you guys like skill challenges?

PolkaBear
2011-03-31, 12:23 PM
Varonigs

Feeling his angelic majesty returning, Varonigs stood straight and commented, "Well, that's a bummer. I was looking forward to trying out my wings. I'm still not as proficient with them as I'd like to be. I guess we'll need to try the overland route. Is anyone any good with wilderness stuff like this?"

He looked at the mountain and tried to get a sense for its dangers, challenges, and opportunities.

Nature check to try and identify a likely route to the top, what obstacles to expect or avoid, and other pertinent information: [roll0]

Codemus
2011-03-31, 09:59 PM
Vondal

Vondal stood stairing at the top of the mountain, then looked down to the others. "Moradin has looked poorly upon me indeed. Maybe it's because I'm thalaknich? Vorum dwarkar geddum? It makes no difference. We better start moving now. He have a lot of ground to cover."

I'm okay with skill challenges. Oh, and that was some dwarven phrases I spoke. Means "clear-chinned", and "What would my ancestors say?" respectively.