PDA

View Full Version : A Time of War, need help with battletech rules

Jallorn
2011-03-26, 08:13 PM
So I'm a little confused by the wording in the explanation of Stage 0:Affiliation

Regardless of their original affiliation, all characters in A Time of War must purchase a mandatory universal allotment of fixed XPs in Stage 0 that establishes a minimum level of Attributes, as well as the character’s general awareness of his surroundings and his ability to understand at least one of his home realm’s main languages. Also provided are XPs toward the common tongue of English (which is spoken in virtually all corners of human occupied space). Thus, in addition to all XPs awarded from the character’s starting affiliation, all characters using Life Modules must purchase the following (at a cost of 850 XPs): +100 XP to each Attribute, Language/Affi liation Primary or Secondary Language Skill (+20 XP), Language/English Skill (+20 XP) and Perception Skill (+10 XP).

So what exactly is the required expenditure?

Randomatic
2011-03-26, 10:16 PM
Every character that is generated with life modules has to pay 850 xp for their basic attributes and those listed skills, to set up a base for the character. That will be paid regardless of what the affiliation costs. Each of the affiliations will then be a separate expenditure with a listed cost for the entire package.
I separated it as two steps mentally for myself.