PDA

View Full Version : Monopoly Deal

autumn1971
2011-03-26, 11:08 PM
So, my family is now addicted to this game, which is a card game based on the board game Monopoly.
My concern is that the rules are ambiguous.
I was introduced to the game, as wa my family, over the winter holidays, and we all (and we a contentious bunch,) read the rules a certain way.
I'm interested in knowing if any others play this game, and, if so, what their interpretations of the scant rules are.

Of particular interest, everyone in my family assumed that one card may be played in each category (action, property, or money,) each turn, excepting the "Just Say No" cards and the "Double The Rent" cards, which must be played in conjunction with other cards, thus excepting them from the three-card rule.
The official site demonstrates up to three cards being played in a single category in a single turn, which I think is silly, as it makes the game ludicrously short; any player with two property sets could win in a single turn by playing only properties.
Anyway, feedback by other players is appreciated, and letting me know that I'm an obsessed dork is also helpful.

DBear
2011-03-27, 02:57 AM
Boardgamegeek (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/40398/monopoly-deal-card-game) has all the feedback you'll need.