PDA

View Full Version : Custom Atrocities.

Angry Bob
2011-03-27, 12:52 AM
So far, I've got a pack of three-headed pyro feral tauric troglodyte/displacer beast barbarian/fighters for use against my PCs.

Any similar ideas from the playground? Any such monsters you have on hand that you've actually used in a game? How'd they work out?

Can a displacer beast's tentacle strike adjacent enemies as well as those 10 ft. away?

Kuma Kode
2011-03-27, 02:24 AM
My players once fought what was essentially an advanced fiendish housecat of legend. I made sure that none of the townsfolk this creature was terrorizing ever called it "large." :smallamused:

The best part was that it had frightful presence.

adecoy95
2011-03-27, 02:35 AM
i once ran a game using this random monster generator i found online. there were some really terrifying things on that.

cr2 diminutive maggot vampire lord

cr 4 half dragon war pony

Thurbane
2011-03-27, 08:23 PM
I once used an advanced, Spellwarped Worg with levels of Soul Eater as a minor villain in my game. He managed to be a thorn in the parties side for a couple of encounters.

sonofzeal
2011-03-27, 10:25 PM
My favorite is pretty simple. An 8 HD Gibbering Mouther, with the non-elite array, and better feat choices.

Somehow this manages to cause a TPK every time I use it. Two separate groups, both full teams of ECL 7 characters, got wiped by this allegedly CR 7 atrocity.

He is my baby. :thog:

arguskos
2011-03-28, 01:26 AM
Mine is Anos, the Advanced Half-Red Dragon Sentry Gelatinous Cube. Anos is a favorite every time he sees play. Not only is he smarter than the party (not kidding, once he was actually more intelligent than the ENTIRE party >_>, though this is more because I rolled his stats like I do for all NPCs), but he can fly (something they can't do) and breath fire (again, something they can't do)!

Last time Anos came out, he had taken up mercenary work and had a partner who used an amulet of ooze riding to ride around inside of him and blast people with magic from inside the flying red dragon cube. The party pretty much just had a beer with him and his partner, and parted ways amiably. That was a few years back though. I think Anos needs to return for my new party.

I just made the Sarcophagus Legion, a horde of Incarnate Construct Stone Golem Fighter/War Hulk Hooded Pupil Evolved Mummies (base: Stone Golem, templates applied in order of Incarnate Construct->Hooded Pupil->Mummy->Evolved). They're pretty scary, though that stupid fire vulnerability remains an issue. I think I'll have to give them rings of fire immunity or something to get around it.

Necroticplague
2011-03-28, 05:29 AM
When I have nothing planned in epic campaigns, I pull out a Gheden Tarrsque. Impossible to defeat normally, so it keeps them busy long enough for me to think of something.

Eldan
2011-03-28, 06:33 AM
Made it once for a "stack as many templates as you can" thread, but:

Spawn of the Elder Night: Half-air elemental Dark Shadow Chameleon Wendigo Tarrasque.

It flies and is basically invisible, despite it's size, thanks to it's huge stealth modifiers.

Makiru
2011-03-28, 06:39 AM
I once made a living spell that used Apocalypse From The Sky, Mordenkain's Sword, and Crushing Fist of Spite, then had Sentry Ooze tacked on top. My players have never actually fought it, but it does serve as a good motivator in certain situations.

Angry Bob
2011-03-28, 10:55 AM
My favorite is pretty simple. An 8 HD Gibbering Mouther, with the non-elite array, and better feat choices.

Somehow this manages to cause a TPK every time I use it. Two separate groups, both full teams of ECL 7 characters, got wiped by this allegedly CR 7 atrocity.

He is my baby. :thog:

What exactly are the better feat choices?

TroubleBrewing
2011-03-28, 10:59 AM
Weapon focus: bite, obviously. WotC wouldn't put it on every animal, dinosaur, or dire animal without good reason. I don't know how they missed putting it on a monster with 6 (technically numberless) mouths.

Lyndworm
2011-03-28, 07:07 PM
I love playing around with templates. So far my favorites are:

Tiamat's Necrotic Warspawn:
A Half Dragon x5 5-Headed Hydra Zombie (technically CR 1, but I'd put it at CR 10ish, myself). Being a Zombie they can't full-attack, but being a Hydra they can make five 2d6+24 bite attacks at a +26 bonus as a standard action. They only have 30hp, but they have DR5/Slashing and an AC of 38.

Vuaca Fintirioth:
A Half Dragon x5 Multiheaded Ettin (CR 18, but it has 16RHD and LA +28). Str 63, Dex 8, Con 31, Int 16, Cha 21, and Superior Two-Weapon Fighting. He's a former PC that I plan to bring back to life as an NPC at some point. The concept is basically a bipedal aspect of Tiamat that rebelled.

Grichk'ta K'chak:
An Insectile Winged Feral Non-Psionic Thri-Kreen (CR 4-6+Extra HD (minimum +2)). This dude is a monster. Str +6, Dex +10, Con +2, Int -4 (minimum 2), +8 Wis, -4 Cha, plus flight and the ability to add 4.5x Str on Two-Handed damage rolls (or a vicious 1d8 Claw/Claw/Claw/Claw/Rake/Rake/1d4 Bite + Rend routine if you want it to be more monstrous), and Pounce. It has a +8, Natural Armor bonus, 50ft Land and Climb speeds, 70ft Fly speed (Perfect), Darkvision 60-120ft, and d10 HD with full BAB. It's my baby. :smallredface:

Last Laugh
2011-03-28, 08:18 PM

Now I want there to be vampiric flatw.... I couldn't finish that without gagging.

GoatBoy
2011-03-28, 08:24 PM
My gaming group still talks about the player I once had, and his Half-Dragon Half-Minotaur Human Rogue. His strength score was higher than his total hit points. He either destroyed encounters, or got shut down on the first turn when he had to make a Will save.

The Rabbler
2011-03-28, 08:36 PM
Grichk'ta K'chak:
An Insectile Winged Feral Non-Psionic Thri-Kreen (CR 4-6+Extra HD (minimum +2)). This dude is a monster. Str +6, Dex +10, Con +2, Int -4 (minimum 2), +8 Wis, -4 Cha, plus flight and the ability to add 4.5x Str on Two-Handed damage rolls (or a vicious 1d8 Claw/Claw/Claw/Claw/Rake/Rake/1d4 Bite + Rend routine if you want it to be more monstrous), and Pounce. It has a +8, Natural Armor bonus, 50ft Land and Climb speeds, 70ft Fly speed (Perfect), Darkvision 60-120ft, and d10 HD with full BAB. It's my baby. :smallredface:

That is the scariest thing I've ever seen. What's the LA?

Angry Bob
2011-03-28, 08:52 PM
Grichk'ta K'chak:

With this post, I dub thee... The Grasshopper of Doom.

Flickerdart
2011-03-28, 09:02 PM
Udoroots advanced by a few HD, so they can manifest the better Astral Constructs. A few of these waiting until the party comes close and then unleashing their constructs is TPK.

sonofzeal
2011-03-28, 09:25 PM
What exactly are the better feat choices?
The key ones are Ability Focus: Spittle and Ability Focus: Gibbering. Improved Natural Attack: Bite, Lightning Reflexes, Improved Natural Armor, and Improved Toughness are worth considering as well. Every time I build it I seem to end up with something slightly different.

Here's one version of the statblock I made a couple years ago...

Size/Type: Large Aberration
Hit Dice: 8d8+72 (108 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), swim 20 ft.
Armor Class: 20 (+1 Dex, +10 natural, -1 size), touch 11, flat-footed 19
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+14
Attack: Bite +10 melee (1d2+4) or spittle +7 ranged touch (1d6 acid plus blindness)
Full Attack: 6 bites +10 melee (1d2+4) and spittle +7 ranged touch (1d6 acid plus blindness)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Gibbering (DC 19), spittle (DC 25), improved grab, blood drain, swallow whole, ground manipulation
Special Qualities: Amorphous, damage reduction 5/bludgeoning, darkvision 60
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +7
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 12, Con 28, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 16
Skills: Listen , Spot , Swim
Feats: Lightning Reflexes, Ability Focus (Spittle), Ability Focus (Gibbering)
Environment: Underground
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 7
Treasure: None
Alignment: Usually neutral
Advancement: 5-12 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: —

Thurbane
2011-03-28, 10:01 PM
Almost any melee based monster can benefit from Blind Fight (since the PCs will often use spells like Blur or Displacement). Also, any moster with reach and decent DEX should take Combat Reflexes - it's amazing how often PCs will provoke AoOs assuming the creature has already used up it's allotment for the round.

If you want to be really nasty, throw Willing Deformity and Deformity (madness) on a monster with a low Will save, and watch them stare open jawed after it weathers a barrage of Confusion, Charm Monster and similar spells.

Lyndworm
2011-03-28, 10:36 PM
That is the scariest thing I've ever seen. What's the LA?
Thank you kindly. 2 RHD, LA +6. I loves it so muches. :smalltongue:

Angry Bob
2011-03-29, 12:02 PM
Just hammered out a new one: A Corrupted by the Abyss Symbiotic Ogre (Barb 1/Fighter 2/Warhulk 3//Dromite (Egoist 10).

If I'm doing the symbiosis correctly, The resulting creature gets the best of both worlds: A big hulking body to walk around in and a collection of psionic powers. Of course, psychometabolism doesn't synergize well, since it's already a beast, but I don't want it to slaughter the players, just give them a hard time. He did get expanded knowledge(schism) to duplicate the double actions it feels like he should be getting but doesn't.

Just consider it: This big, nasty looking ogre with a little dromite growing out of the flesh of its back and driving it around.

flabort
2011-03-29, 02:03 PM
Lyndworm:
Did the math on the first one:
5-head hydra= 5HD, cr 4
5x half-dragon= +/-0 HD (5 HD), +2*5 CR (cr 14)
Zombie= New HD=HD*2=5*2=10, CR= HD applied to table: 10 HD=CR 3.
Shouldn't be CR 1 or 10, but 3. :smallconfused:

Also, Grichk'ta K'chak sounds like he should take druid levels, with an ACF to dispose of wildshape, since he's more powerful now than any shape. sure, he loses 8 levels, or 4-6 if you use CR instead of RHD+LA, but man, that would make him more than appropriate for any encounter. :smallamused:

Lyndworm
2011-03-29, 03:37 PM
Did the math on the first one:
5-head hydra= 5HD, cr 4
5x half-dragon= +/-0 HD (5 HD), +2*5 CR (cr 14)
Zombie= New HD=HD*2=5*2=10, CR= HD applied to table: 10 HD=CR 3.
Shouldn't be CR 1 or 10, but 3. :smallconfused:
You're totally, totally right. I forgot to double the HD for being a Zombie, so the HP are actually 58, not 30. I still place the CR closer to 10, myself, simply because of the sheer damage these things can inflict. 2d6+24 five times a round each, with a 38 AC. Ridiculous.

Also, Grichk'ta K'chak sounds like he should take druid levels, with an ACF to dispose of wildshape, since he's more powerful now than any shape. sure, he loses 8 levels, or 4-6 if you use CR instead of RHD+LA, but man, that would make him more than appropriate for any encounter. :smallamused:
This one (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#druid)? Yeah, I suspect it would be pretty mean. Up his speed even more and add his considerable Wis to AC, plus favored enemy and an Animal Companion... Nasty.

flabort
2011-03-29, 03:56 PM
Yeah. You could also use ACF stacking to further break him.
If you then throw this one (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#druidVariantDruidicAve nger), AND This one (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/spontaneousDivineCasters.htm) (in that order) on top of that, it probably gets even worse. He doesn't get an animal companion, but he becomes even faster, and gets rage. Swapping that out for Whirling frenzy is questionable, but you could do that, for even more attacks.
Due to taking Druidic avenger before spontaneous caster, you keep all your casting. Otherwise you would lose everything you gain from the one. Now, both lose the same feature, but one (spontaneous druid) gains spells known for losing that, so just say he doesn't gain summon natures ally spells as bonus spells known, since he lost it for the previous ACF. But, he doesn't have to prepare spells, now.
Now, ACF stacking is very questionable, and ACF chaining moreso, but doing that could make Grichk'ta K'chak the scariest druid ever.

But, yes, that is the ACF I meant. Or, there are other ACFs that lose wildshape, but none in the SRD.Such as aspect of nature, which only adds to base shape, as opposed to completely switching shapes. Take poison, or after 8th take either poison + speed, or agility + vigor. I'd still prefer the one you chose instead, though.

Lyndworm
2011-03-29, 04:10 PM
I always liked spontaneous casters, and if he were a PC I'd certainly take that variant. For an NPC I'm not certain. I'm a huge fan of variant chaining and inverting, and I was thinking about chaining this variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#barbarian) to this variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#ranger) to this variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#druid). The result is a Barbarian without Rage, and with two versions of its own Fast Movement (you can use another ACF to trade one and keep the other), a Monk's Fast Movement and AC, and a Ranger's Favored Enemy and Tracking.

All will fall to the might of Grichk'ta K'chak!

Angry Bob
2011-03-29, 04:18 PM
I always liked spontaneous casters, and if he were a PC I'd certainly take that variant. For an NPC I'm not certain. I'm a huge fan of variant chaining and inverting, and I was thinking about chaining this variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#barbarian) to this variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#ranger) to this variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#druid). The result is a Barbarian without Rage, and with two versions of its own Fast Movement (you can use another ACF to trade one and keep the other), a Monk's Fast Movement and AC, and a Ranger's Favored Enemy and Tracking.

All will fall to the might of Grichk'ta K'chak!

Is this thing a single NPC or a species?

I've found spontaneous casters are convenient for NPCs, since you as the DM know what spells he needs.

Lyndworm
2011-03-29, 04:26 PM
Is this thing a single NPC or a species?
I'm not always sure. It's technically an Aberation, and that coupled with the fact that it has ten limbs and at least two wings (I like to imagine four ala dragonflies, but your mileage may vary) makes it a cool "monster" to have been summoned by a cult or something. It also makes a good NPC race. My perception of this creature varies to fit the circumstances.

I've found spontaneous casters are convenient for NPCs, since you as the DM know what spells he needs.
I can see where that would be a benefit.

flabort
2011-03-29, 04:29 PM
The race+templates are a species (albeit an extremely rare, perhapes unique, one), the class levels are an NPC.

And, yes, I'd definitely more likely tag spontaneous caster onto an NPC than a PC. You know which ones he has to know, and don't have to worry about which ones he has prepared this encounter (which is why many DMs use sorcerer BBEGs as opposed to wizard), and you can choose them all for the first encounter, meaning he doesn't have to be limited by the spells you chose a few weeks back, unless he's a recurring villain, but even then...

Gnoman
2011-03-30, 07:47 AM
This thing turned out to be much more effective than I planned, largely because the PC's ran into it while riding Giant Eagles (I had expected tis to be one of several possible land-based encoutnters, and the idea of fighting tiny dive-bombers was a fun one), so the STR poison on the first pass really slowed them down.

Helldiver
Tiny Construct (Scout Automaton)
Hit Dice: 7d10 (70 hp)
Initiative: 0
Speed: Fly 20 (Average)
Armor Class: 21 (+2 size, +9 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+0
Attack:
Full Attack:
Face/Reach:
Special Attacks:
Special Qualities:
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 11, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1
Skills:
Feats:
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary, Flock (2-4), Murder (4-8), artificial
Challenge Rating: 6.5
Alignment: True Neutral
Advancement:
Level Adjustment: NA
Helldiver
The helldiver is a dead raven stuffed with magically animated clockwork. It is a savage scout often used for patrol and assassination.

Magic Missile (1d4+1 Rounds) Caster Level 1
Breath Weapon 30ft Cone (Sonic) 2d4 + Deafen 2d4 rounds (fortitude DC 17)
Needlestorm (10x10 area Struck by 2d4 needles (Reflex half). Each needle does 1 damage and increases poison DC by 2, Uses 10 needles per attack. Creatures with +2 or higher armor bonus take half damage, ngeated completely with successful save.) 100 rounds. Medium spider venom

Source: Construct

Necroticplague
2011-03-30, 09:14 AM
Shouldn't it be int- and con- (which makes them mindless things with no metabolism), not int0 and con0 (which would make them helpless and dead).

Tengu_temp
2011-03-30, 09:20 AM
There is a whole, easily available list of atrocities that you could use for inspiration.
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbq7zbtJrc1qbkmr8o1_500.jpg

Volthawk
2011-03-30, 09:31 AM
I love making templated monstrosities. The only one I have to hand is this thing: (I got rid of a load of little creatures I've templated up a while ago. Most used homebrew/3rd party anyway)

Multiheaded Arachnoid Seismosaurus
Colossal Aberration
HD 90d8+3600 (4005 HP)
Speed 20 ft. (4 squares); climb 10ft
Init: +6
AC 66 (+2 Dex, +54 natural); touch 11; flat-footed 64
BAB +67; Grp +98
Attack Bite +74 (4d6+15 plus poison)
Full-Attack 30 Bites +74 (4d6+15 plus poison) and Tail Slap +74 (4d10+15)
Space 30 ft.; Reach 25 ft.
Special Attacks Trample 1d10+22 (DC 70), Poison (DC 100, 2d8 Str/4d8 Str), Mighty Roar (1/day, 30ft, DC 57 vs panicked for 2d6 rounds)
Special Qualities Darkvision 90ft, low-light vision, scent (60ft), DR 20/-, Immunity to Poison, Fast Healing 15, Blinding Speed
Saves Fort +49 Ref +85 Will +32
Abilities Str 40, Dex 14, Con 88, Int -, Wis 14, Cha 14
Skills Hide -11, Jump +21 Listen +107, Spot +113
Feats Improved Multiattack B, Open Minded, Ability Focus (bite), Virulent Poison, Deadly Poison, Improved Toughness, Roll With It x10, Poison Resistance, Poison Immunity, Improved Scent, Mighty Roar, Greater Mighty Roar, Improved Constitution, Improved Dexterity, Improved Initiative, Dire Charge, Blinding Speed, Toughness, Fast Healing x5
Environment Underground
Organization Solitary
Challenge Rating 22
Treasure None
Alignment Neutral Evil
Advancement by HD (91-122, Colossal)
Level Adjustment -

Skills: +64 Spot, +58 Listen and Search, +6 Jump, +4 Hide

Gnoman
2011-03-30, 09:34 AM
Shouldn't it be int- and con- (which makes them mindless things with no metabolism), not int0 and con0 (which would make them helpless and dead).

More accurately, yes. The campaign software I use does not allow a null-score, but does not automatically apply the penalties for scores of 0.

gomipile
2011-03-30, 09:57 AM
i once ran a game using this random monster generator i found online. there were some really terrifying things on that.

cr 4 half dragon war pony

The random encounter generator at www.monsteradvancer.com just generated a CR3 Fiendish Flame-Spawned Camel.

flabort
2011-03-30, 01:00 PM
That Damned Half-dragon Zombie
The briny smell of rotting sea-plants and crusted salt wafts off this shambling monstrosity. Much of the flesh has rotted out of this giant crab's bone-white shell, which has become encrusted with dead sea life and flotsam. It's giant claws are exaggerated, quite capable of slicing through a grown man, a horse, or even a young dragon, and bone white scales fleck off as it shambles towards you. Thick, rotting fleshy wings sprout from it's back, fluttering weakly.
It is unknown why there are half-dragon Monstrous Crabs, but there are theories, usually involving large amounts of strong alcohol or wizards. When one dies, a necromancer would be a fool not to add one to his growing army of undead. And several have managed to get loose in the wild afterwords, unleashed against the world, often returning to their original coastal habitat.
A zombified Half-dragon Monstrous Crab is an ever starving scavenger, always hungry, never able to quench it's thirst for flesh. They will attack anything that moves in an attempt to find food, as they usually will pick the areas that they roam absolutely clean of food. Should they be unable to find food, they will often take flight, looking for new territory. Sometimes, if they go without food for long enough, they'll perch in trees, waiting for prey to pass underneath.

Large undead
14d12+3 (65 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 40 ft (8 squares), fly 80 ft (clumsy), swim 30 ft
armor class: 25 (-1 size, +1 dex, +15 natural), touch 10, flat footed 24
Base attack/grapple: +7/+22
Attack: Claw +17 (1d8+11)
Full attack: 2 Claws +17 (1d8+11), Bite +12 (1d8+11), Slam +12 (1d8+11)
Space/Reach: 10 ft/10 ft
Special attacks: None
Special Qualities: Damage Reduction, Single Action Only
Saves: Fort +12, Ref +6, Will +7
Abilities: str 32, dex 12, con -, int -, wis 10, cha 1
Skills: --
Feats: Toughness
Environment: Any Coastal
Organization: Single, group (2-4), Necrotribe (1-4, 1-4 skeletons/zombies, 1 necromancer)
Challenge rating: 4
Treasure: none
Alignment: Always neutral evil
Advancement:15-20 (Large)
Level Adjustment: --

Damage Reduction (Ex): A zombie has damage reduction 5/slashing. Zombies are lumbering masses of flesh.

Single Actions Only (Ex): Zombies have poor reflexes and can perform only a single move action or attack action each round. A zombie can move up to its speed and attack in the same round, but only if it attempts a charge.

Don't have time to finish right yet. You get the idea, though. It basically loses 3 hp (loses from con, gains from hd), gets halfdragon benefits, including flight, gains a higher AC, a better Base attack, MUCH higher str, etc., all for an additional single CR. :smallamused:
Edit: Finished it. It does indeed get toughness, so +3 hp, so it actually only loses ~ 1. It also loses most of it's special attacks/qualities due to zombie (maybe not best choice after all), But it's still a nasty grappler (worse, even), has a nasty selection of natural attacks, and is pretty ****ed under CRed.

Lyndworm
2011-03-30, 02:15 PM
Did you factor in the Toughness feat that all Zombies get as a bonus? If not, then add back your three missing HP. :smallwink:

Thurbane
2011-03-30, 07:17 PM
Here's another I've been working on:

ELDER EIDOLON ADVANCED OWLBEAR

Huge Construct

Hit Dice: 15d10+40 (123hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 26 (–1 size, +2 Dex, +12 natural, +4 deflection), touch 14, flat-footed 24
Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+33
Attack: Claw +24 melee (2d6+14, 19-20/x2)
Full Attack: 2 claws +24 melee (2d6+14, 19-20/x2) and bite +21 melee (3d6+7, 19-20/x2)
Space/Reach: 15 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab, insanity aura
Special Qualities: Construct traits, damage reduction 7/adamantine, darkvision 60 ft, fast repair 5, immunity to magic, low-light vision, otherworldly geometry
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2
Abilities: Str 38, Dex 14, Con -, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 1
Skills: -
Feats: Improved Critical (bite), Improved Critical (claw), Improved Natural Attack (bite), Improved Natural Attack (claw), Multiattack, Weapon Focus (claw)
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 10
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: -
Level Adjustment: —

COMBAT

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, the Eidolon must hit with a claw attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Insanity Aura (Su): DC 17

LOTRfan
2011-03-31, 02:21 PM
This isn't legal, but an Advanced 96 HD Colossal Vampire Thorny Spellwarped Lich Landwalker Half-Fiend Bronze Half-Dragon Copper Half-Dragon Brass Half-Dragon Silver Half-Dragon Gold Half-Dragon Red Half-Dragon Green Half-Dragon Blue Half-Dragon Black Half-Dragon White Half-Dragon Ghost Flame-Spawned Fiendish Dire Celestial Solar is CR 90.

I never got to use it, though. :smallfrown:

druid91
2011-03-31, 02:44 PM
This isn't legal, but an Advanced 96 HD Colossal Vampire Thorny Spellwarped Lich Landwalker Half-Fiend Bronze Half-Dragon Copper Half-Dragon Brass Half-Dragon Silver Half-Dragon Gold Half-Dragon Red Half-Dragon Green Half-Dragon Blue Half-Dragon Black Half-Dragon White Half-Dragon Ghost Flame-Spawned Fiendish Dire Celestial Solar is CR 90.

I never got to use it, though. :smallfrown:

Why isn't it legal?

LOTRfan
2011-03-31, 03:26 PM
Why isn't it legal?

For starters, the Vampire, Lich, and Skeleton templates cannot be stacked on top of each other by RAW.

Also by RAW, celestial extraplanar creatures cannot have the fiendish, Half-Fiend, or Celestial.

Oddly, though, it is legal by RAW to have as many Half-templates as you wish. This dilutes the creature's bloodline considerably.