PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Magazine Question (Star Pact Warlock)

Lord Loss
2011-03-27, 07:30 AM
I don't know if I can get my hands on the star Warlock without subscribing to DDI, by downloading a single issue or something? I know I could get a subscription for a short period of time in order to print that off, but I was wondering if there was a way to just get that specific article/issue. Also, which issue is it in, anyways?

Kurald Galain
2011-03-27, 07:39 AM
No, you can't subscribe to just a single issue; you either get the full subscription, or nothing.

I'm assuming you're talking about a 4.4 warlock? Because for the 4.0 warlock, you can find the Star Pact right in the Player's Handbook.

Lord Loss
2011-03-27, 08:41 AM
I am indeed using the 4.4 Warlock, but I might use the 4.0 one instead (I wasn't aware it was in the PHB, thanks for telling me).

EDIT: 4.0 is compatible with essentials, right?

Kurald Galain
2011-03-27, 09:11 AM
EDIT: 4.0 is compatible with essentials, right?
That depends on what you mean. Yes, in that both can be played at the same table without many problems. No, in that several classes (e.g. the fighter) cannot mix 4.0 powers or class features and 4.4 powers or features in the same character, except for utility powers.

Lord Loss
2011-03-27, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the answer, my question was if they could be played at the same table with no balance issues. Thanks for the help.

RTGoodman
2011-03-28, 10:17 AM
The Star Pact Warlock IS in the first Player's Handbook.

However, there is a single issue of Dragon Magazine (#366 from August '08) that gave a ton of new feats and powers for them. You can find it HERE (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/TOC.aspx?x=dnd/4new/drtoc/366), and as a bonus, it was one of the early 4E Dragons and is still available for free.

shadowmage
2011-03-28, 11:30 AM
I wonder if he means the Star Pact Hexblade Warlock sub-class.

hamishspence
2011-03-28, 02:35 PM
I wonder if he means the Star Pact Hexblade Warlock sub-class.

This post:

I am indeed using the 4.4 Warlock,

does suggest that it's the Star Pact, for the Hexblade Warlock.