PDA

View Full Version : Guidance Necro/Summoner build

Aravir
2011-03-27, 08:39 AM
I have seen many posts regarding these builds seperately. Has anyone come across a great build that brings the best out of both of these specialities?

Thanks in advance for an sage advice...

Aravir

Urpriest
2011-03-27, 08:43 AM
Hmm...

Off the top of my head, you'd want to do this with a Cleric, as they're the only ones with both decent access to Animate Dead and the full Summon Monster line. Cleric necromancy doesn't require all that much in terms of build resources, so for example a Malconvoker with the Corpsecrafter feats would be both a capable Necromancer and Summoner.

adecoy95
2011-03-28, 01:43 AM
i have never experimented with a summoner build, but i have found a few builds for necromancy that are just downright awesome.

fell drain metamagic + undead torch = whenever your undead hit the enemy gains a negative level with no save.

spell storing weapons are really inexpensive and you can probably find alot of fun spells to put on them for your minions to use on their attacks.

go dread necromancer, the bonus in str/dex/hp is really, really good for your minions, (not to mention the massive increase to your maximum controllable undead)

if you read guides i guess there isn't alot else to say. those are the two things i found most helpful.

while having your undead army come up to the front while you spend your rounds summoning in the rear sounds awesome. if you just focus on necromancy, you can get somewhere like 200 hit dice worth (+6 cha, rod of necromancy or w/e its called) of at most 20 hit dice skeletons by level 10. there might not be alot of room for summons, or any of your party members at that point.

just make shure you get your transportation in order. i recommend trying to aquire as many extradimensional spaces as you can. there is also an online source you can use to get some minion coffins (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/dx20021031x)