PDA

View Full Version : Plant Manipulation?

NineThePuma
2011-03-27, 10:24 AM
I wanna build a character who has a major plant theme. Druid is an obvious choice, but I'm not sure if there is support for a druid who focuses more on plants than animals. Help?

HalfDragonCube
2011-03-27, 10:31 AM
A cleric with the plant domain gets to rebuke plants. That one is fairly obvious though...

The entangle spell is really good for catching stuff you don't want getting away, however!

AmberVael
2011-03-27, 10:32 AM
Well, one amazing thing you could do that would really open up some options would be to pick the Greenbound Summoning feat, on page 8 of Lost Empires of Faerun. Gives any animal you summon with Summon Nature's Ally the Greenbound template, which turns them into a plant among other things.

It's a really good feat, too.

Leon
2011-03-27, 10:51 AM
Holt Warden PrC is rather plant focused

NineThePuma
2011-03-27, 10:52 AM
Holt Warden PrC is rather plant focused

Source for that?

Finkmilkana
2011-03-27, 11:09 AM
Also there is the feat Greenbound Summoning from Lost Empires of Faerun which adds the greenbound template to Summon Natures Ally which, among others, grants plant type to the creatures, though I'm not sure if that's what you are looking for.

Edit: Holt Warden should be Complete Champion

AmberVael
2011-03-27, 11:11 AM
Also there is the feat Greenbound Summoning from Lost Empires of Faerun which adds the greenbound template to Summon Natures Ally which, among others, grants plant type to the creatures, though I'm not sure if that's what you are looking for.

Gee, this post looks kind of familiar. :smalltongue:

Edit: Holt Warden should be Complete Champion

Page 84, to be specific.

Finkmilkana
2011-03-27, 11:21 AM
Gee, this post looks kind of familiar. :smalltongue:

Hmm, somehow I seem to have missed your post.:smallredface:

According to Google, it seems that Dragon 357 has a Plant Companion for Druids (and Ranger).

Darrin
2011-03-28, 06:49 AM
Masters of the Wild (3.0, but still legal) had some plant-based support. For example, there are two feats, Plant Defiance and Plant Control, that allow you to turn or rebuke plants. However, in 3.5 just taking the Plant domain does the same thing, and doesn't waste two of your precious feat slots. (Druids can pick up the Plant domain power by using Planar Touchstone linked to the Catalogues of Enlightenment.)

There's also the Verdant Lord PrC, which is pretty much a "master of plants" PrC. Unfortunately, one of the requirements is you have to be able to cast control plants, and when 3.0 was updated to 3.5, the spell level was increased to Druid/Plant 8. This means only a Druid 15 or Cleric 15 can get into Verdant Lord (a 10-level PrC, btw).

So... Druid 5/Holt Warden 10 would probably be best, although you don't get much wildshape that way, particularly Wildshape (Plant) at Druid 12.

If you can get your hands on Dragon #357, I recall the Plant Companion thing was pretty neat. Sort of "build your own plant". Otherwise, ask your DM if he'll allow you to take a Violet Fungus as your "animal" companion.

Amphetryon
2011-03-28, 06:50 AM
Landforged Walker ends up with plants growing all over his (warforged) body.

ShriekingDrake
2011-03-28, 08:38 AM
+1 on the Greenbound Summoning recommendation.

I would stick with Druid and take the Initiate of Nature feat, which will let you rebuke plants (and animals) and it will give you access to several pretty good plant based spells.