PDA

View Full Version : Cool/epic stuff you characters have done

Turok117
2011-03-27, 02:12 PM
As the title

I'll start:
>>Party is taking downtime in a small town after closing a portal to the elemental plane of fire that was messing up the towns environment and trashing an underground church of Hextor (the church was accessed through an abandoned house that was previously owned by an evil guy that got run out of town, but due to local laws was never knocked down).
>>Party consists of NG Cleric of Pelor (me), CG Sorc, NG Rogue, and TN Ranger, all level 5.
>>My character aids in defusing a riot (that intended to knock down the aforementioned house) with the help of the local priest, who asks me to take the sermon this evening.
>>The Sorc derps out and flaming spheres the abandoned house.
>>OH WAIT, THERE ARE HOUSES EITHER SIDE OF IT, MADE OF WOOD.
>>Villager runs into the sermon, shouting about a fire that threatens to engulf the houses.
>>We run over to there, villagers work efficiently under direction of the priest to start putting out the fires.
>>I start casting create water, and one house is extinguished.
>>However, as we put out the fires on that house, we hear screams from the other inhabited house.
>>It sounds like a child.

>>I run up to the door and cast resist energy on myself, before entering the house.
>>Fire everywhere
>>Listen check reveals scream coming from upstairs
>>I run up the stairs, foot goes through one of the boards but I pull myself up
>>A piece of wall has collapsed and is blocking the way
>>Feat of Strength (domain power)
>>Natural. ****ing. 20.
>>Smash the collapsed wall out of the way, along with most of the surrounding house.
>>In a hallway, energy resistance is nearly gone, screams and crying coming from the other side of the door
>>I shout "Stand back!" and bash the door down
>>Child is on bunk bed holding a toy angel, she is crying
>>I kneel down to reassure her, then pick her up.
>>She falls unconcious from the smoke
>>Fire is approaching fast
>>The window is the only way out
>>I cast a healing spell on the girl, then jump out of the open window

>>I turn in midair to use myself as a cushion for the girl, I take damage
>>As I land, the girl is ok but I look up to see masonry falling down
>>No time to move out the way since I am on the floor
>>Roll over to protect the girl
>>Take more damage, now buried under rubble
>>Girl starts crying
>>The rest of the party hear crying from the side alley, run down there and start pulling rubble off of me
>>Not enough to free me, but the girl can squeeze out
>>I shout"Take the girl" and pass her out to the Rogue, who takes her to her parents out the front (tries to pass it off as him saving her, but the girl proves him wrong by telling her parents about the 'angel')
>>Can't push the rubble off of me, still taking damage
>>Masonry burns some more, depleting my energy resistance but allowing me to free myself from the rubble with a successful strength check
>>Head back round to the front of the house, the girls parents are thankful and the townspeople cheer.

Etrivar
2011-03-27, 02:17 PM
I had a rogue that assassinated someone using a piece of parchment. Paper-Cut-Sneak-Attack-to-the-Jugular!

Blackjackg
2011-03-27, 02:20 PM
My wizard (while feebleminded) once took out a villain with a natural 20 on "I jump on her back and bite her."

Edit: Admittedly, 2nd ed. Rules for bite attacks and critical hits were pretty loosely defined, and this villainess had already been hit a few times.

Alleran
2011-03-27, 06:20 PM
My Jedi Knight character had just defeated his dark side nemesis and reached level 13, clicking over into the Jedi Master class (and gaining Fearless and Serenity). Shortly after the ship carrying the nemesis crashed and he went falling through the air towards the ground, he used Serenity (mid-fall), then triggered the nat 20 it provided to fire an ascension gun towards a chase craft. Hitting dead on with his grappling hook and sweeping down, along and back up into the landing bay of our own ship (a Firefly - we just used the Citadel Cruiser statblock), the party then proceeded to close the hatch and bail for space. We left behind one very wrecked Imperial outpost, and they had severe trouble in that sector for months afterward.

Of course, the Empire wasn't too happy, and shortly afterward the reward offered for us doubled.

Sims
2011-03-28, 12:19 PM
I took down 200 Halfling Wizards and Fighters with a Level 11 Astral Deva! (Monster Class)

Put an Army of Undead in a Bag of Holding

Invented Giant Scissors as a Exotic Weapon

Killed the entire Demon Lord Pantheon with Sir Pwnage. (Okay, so maybe this didn't happen yet, but Im working on it! >.<)

Sacrieur
2011-03-28, 12:22 PM
I used a folding boat as a shield once. Bloody things are indestructible.

UnholyPenance
2011-04-04, 03:26 PM
My 15th level human Wolverine Totem-Warrior (Arcana Evolved), a Fire Witch, an Akashic, and a Magister went up against a huge demon of sorts. The Magister summoned a T-Rex formed from Acid and i, using a hero point, ran up the acid T-Rex without being harmed and bashed the demon in the face using dual-wielded Sword Axes (one enchanted with fire, the other with ice). When he dismissed the T-Rex, i used another hero point to jump onto the demons head and attacked from upon his cranium. I thought it was epic.

(A hero point is something from Arcana Evolved to allow the player to do epic things, to the DM's discretion)