PDA

View Full Version : need some help and clarifications

Augustus Dalenr
2011-03-27, 04:34 PM
-I need some clarification on how does Embrace the dark chaos and Shun the dark chaos work and on what does it apply (feats, racial feats, class features and anything else...)

-Vampiric touch, does the sneak attack go to you temp hp.

-When crafting magical items (let say wands) and enhancing the spell with metamagic how do you proceed if you have reduction on the lvl adjustment (Easy metamagic, Arcane thesis, Improved metamagic...)

thx ppl :smallsmile:

Curmudgeon
2011-03-27, 06:04 PM
The spell Embrace the Dark Chaos (Fiendish Codex I, page 92) swaps an existing feat for an Abyssal Heritor feat (see Fiendish Codex I, page 82) the subject qualifies for. The spell Shun the Dark Chaos (Fiendish Codex I, page 95) swaps an existing Abyssal Heritor feat for any other feat the subject qualifies for.

Yes, all the damage on an attack with Vampiric Touch is used to calculate the total temporary HP gained.

The metamagic cost reducers simply provide extra ways you can craft things. The costs and time required are always done as if the "standard" metamagic adjustments were in place, so you'd figure the +3 spell level of Maximize Spell even when you actually used a Metamagic Rod of Maximize or the Sudden Maximize feat.