PDA

View Full Version : custom blood angels chapter

gabado
2011-03-27, 05:38 PM
would it be possible for me to custom make my own chapter of blood angels? i want to be able to play it in tournaments, what are the rules about fielding your own custom chapter? i know they sell the 'space marine commander' minis, and i plan on using one for my chapter's commander, but i was wondering if GW organized events allow you to make and play with your own chapter?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-03-27, 05:41 PM
Tournaments don't care about the fluff! As long as your army is legal in it's composition, you're good. And your quality of painting, but they're not gonna kick you out cause you're using Space Wolf rules for non-Space Wolf models, even. As long as it's clear which unit is which, you can do pretty much anything, as long as you use GW models that make sense.

gabado
2011-03-27, 05:47 PM
cool, thanks.
should i use the stats for captain for my commander? or should i use the stats for the space marine chapter master on the GW website?

Telasi
2011-03-27, 05:50 PM
You're using Codex: Blood Angels, right? If so, use one of the HQ choices in that book. Anything from outside your codex makes it an illegal army for official play, barring oddities like the Inquisition's allied forces rules.

gabado
2011-03-27, 05:52 PM
ok, but am i allowed to say, take the stats and special rules for astorath the grim and use them for my own custom model?

Telasi
2011-03-27, 05:55 PM
ok, but am i allowed to say, take the stats and special rules for astorath the grim and use them for my own custom model?

Absolutely. So long as the rules are from the codex you're using for your army and you make sure your opponent knows what's going on, it's fine. I will caution you to make sure you abide by the WYSIWYG rule most tourneys use; make sure that any gear is shown on the model if humanly possible.

gabado
2011-03-27, 05:57 PM
alright, awesome.
thanks guys. your help is appreciated. :smallsmile:

Closet_Skeleton
2011-03-27, 06:03 PM
There's not actually any rule at all about having to use the official models. Most tournaments will only allow you to use Games Workshop models. So if you have a space marine with a jump pack, a bolt gun and a two handed melee weapon you can use them as sanguinary guard even if they aren't built from the sanguinary guard box or whatever.

People who hate metal models will often covert all their space marine commanders from plastic kits rather than use the official models.

Timberwolf
2011-03-27, 06:31 PM

I have a Seraphim Superior that I converted into an Inquisitor that I use with the Librarian statline. My local blackshirt helped me a lot with it. He made the hat and the fur collar. I ran the idea past him first, just to make sure I'd be able to use it and he was all for it. Her plasma pistol overheats all the time (I'm not experienced enough to hack up the metals, so I'm keeping it as is) My Vanguard squad are actually the Death Company box as they're nicely ornate, but utterly customisable being plastics. Also, the only Blood Angels iconography I have on my stuff is the bits I can't get rid of without a file, which I'm not using on plastics. The decals and so on are all somewhat... unofficial but I'm not a big fan of the mindless God - Emperor fluff, so I did it my way. The response so far has been "Cool"

I am currently working on ways of getting some of the Inquisitor's retinue into my army, maybe replacing a few of the sergeants or something. That is somewhat harder.