PDA

View Full Version : Prone + Teleport

Fenrazer
2011-03-27, 09:02 PM
Figured it's still obvious, but if you are prone, and your power teleports you, like a swordmage ability does, will you still be prone at the end of the teleport?

Surrealistik
2011-03-27, 09:05 PM
Yes; and if you're teleported into the air, fall, and take fall damage you will be doubly prone.

Katana_Geldar
2011-03-27, 09:06 PM
No, you'd have to fail a saving throw to teleport and fall.

Surrealistik
2011-03-27, 09:14 PM
No, you'd have to fail a saving throw to teleport and fall.

Note the operative 'if'. ;P

evirus
2011-03-28, 10:07 AM
Strange I thought since the Teleport errata removed the restrained condition if the effect was physical, I always assume it removed the prone effect as well...

Surrealistik
2011-03-28, 10:10 AM
Strange I thought since the Teleport errata removed the restrained condition if the effect was physical, I always assume it removed the prone effect as well...

It's dependent on whether or not the restrained condition is specific to your square/position or your character. If the former (you're tied down), then you are no longer restrained. If the latter (you're almost frozen solid), then you remain restrained. Prone is always specific to your character, so you remain prone.

Jothki
2011-03-29, 12:44 AM
It's dependent on whether or not the restrained condition is specific to your square/position or your character. If the former (you're tied down), then you are no longer restrained. If the latter (you're almost frozen solid), then you remain restrained. Prone is always specific to your character, so you remain prone.

No provisions for alternate gravity? :smalltongue: