PDA

View Full Version : Young Justice (TV Series)

Erts
2011-03-27, 09:06 PM
There is a new DC comics animated show around, Young Justice. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Justice_(TV_series)) It is one of the best ever done shows set in the DCU that I have ever seen, and I'm surprised there isn't a thread on it yet.
Watch the trailer. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxwVW1--QTE)
So has anyone seen this show? Any fans?

Benson
2011-03-27, 09:59 PM
*raises hand* I really like this show and the character designs for them. What I don't enjoy is the unreliable scheduling :smallannoyed:

Anywhom...but yeargh...great show, sweet action scenes, fun characters...etc :smallamused:

Sanguine
2011-03-27, 10:50 PM
Just finished watching the first three episodes literally minutes before seeing this thread. Gotta say, so far I like what I see.

Hands_Of_Blue
2011-03-28, 12:42 AM
I really like the show, but I have no idea where the plot is headed.

Lots of spoilers ahead.

I mean, we have The Light group Legion of Doom thing, who are up to something. Then there's a traitor on the team, which I don't think is Artemis, since that's way too obvious. Black Manta was trying to steal a giant frozen star fish, which I will assume is Starro the Conquerer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starro), who is probably now regenerating in a Star Labs somewhere, and finally the latest episode had Boom Tubes, so that means Darkseid and Apokolips.

I'm going to trust Greg Weisman knows what he's doing though.

SDF
2011-03-28, 06:02 AM
Robin's personality is a little off for me, I think he should be a little more serious. Also, Superboy is the least interesting character ever because I DON'T CARE, listen to some Linkin Park and get over yourself. Other than that I have been thoroughly enjoying it.

shiram
2011-03-28, 08:55 AM
Hate the Martian Woman hunter girl, she is just ugh.

But it's a decent show, still prefer the Justice League show they had a few years ago.

Primal Fury
2011-03-28, 09:35 AM
But it's a decent show, still prefer the Justice League show they had a few years ago.
Wait...

Robin = Batman
Superboy = Superman
Kid Flash = Flash
Miss Martian = Martian Man Hunter
Artemis = Wonderwoman

Oh god. Wasn't Martian Manhunter supposed to be the last of his kind? And Superman has a clone? They tried to hard to make each of the original Justice League into a teenager. Ugh.

Starbuck_II
2011-03-28, 09:37 AM
Miss Martian isn't really the cousin of Martian Manhunter, it is a cover story I think. You see when she says it, she gives nervous look.

I like the series personally.

Hands_Of_Blue
2011-03-28, 09:43 AM
Oh god. Wasn't Martian Manhunter supposed to be the last of his kind? And Superman has a clone? They tried to hard to make each of the original Justice League into a teenager. Ugh.Well, Megan is a White Martian, so J'onn is still technically the last of his kind, and Superboy being a clone of Superman has been in the comics since 1993, created during the Death of Superman arc, almost twenty years ago now.

Primal Fury
2011-03-28, 09:53 AM
Yeah, but I can still see it. Bring some new superheroes, not just younger versions of old ones. I enjoyed Teen Titans (somewhat) because they were something I hadn't seen in a superhero show before, but the characters from Young Justice just seem... lazy.

I demand fresh stimuli!!! :smallfurious:

Zevox
2011-03-28, 10:20 AM
Yeah, but I can still see it. Bring some new superheroes, not just younger versions of old ones. I enjoyed Teen Titans (somewhat) because they were something I hadn't seen in a superhero show before, but the characters from Young Justice just seem... lazy.

I demand fresh stimuli!!! :smallfurious:
They're all actual DC characters from the comics, except for Artemis - who, incidentally, appears to be basically a female replacement for Speedy, not at all related to Wonder Woman. If they had wanted a Wonder Woman equivalent, they could have just used Wonder Girl, who yes, also exists, and according to Wikipedia was one of the first members of the comic version of Young Justice. Actually, this Kid Flash is the same person as the Flash from the Justice League cartoon - Wally West, who in the comics started as Kid Flash and took over as the Flash when the Silver Age Flash, Barry Allen, was killed (sort of).

Anyway, I've been catching the episodes on Youtube (since I'm always scheduled to work when it actually airs), and it's a pretty decent show. Hopefully they can bring all the plot threads they've put out there together somewhat elegantly, though there's getting to be quite a lot of them. Don't know if it'll be on par with the Justice League cartoon, but I'd say it's certainly already as good as the Teen Titans cartoon at least.

Though something that bothered me after a couple of recent episodes. In the one that's sort of a solo adventure for Aqualad, we learn that his powers are magic, as he was trained in sorcery in Atlantis. Literally the episode before that, though, had as a major plot point Kid Flash's refusal to believe in magic. So, why didn't Aqualad say anything about his own use of magic then? :smallconfused:

Oh, and Robin making up words by removing parts of other words gets on my nerves.

Zevox

Tavar
2011-03-28, 10:31 AM
Also, keep in mind that the Teen Titans existed long before the show. The show's version probably derived itself from the 1980's run, which included characters named Cyborg, Raven, Beast Boy, Starfire, and Robin, with pretty similar concepts. At least, from what I can tell.

DeltaEmil
2011-03-28, 10:35 AM
Are we sure that the green martians are an "extinct" race (at least on Mars itself) in that continuity? M'Gan says all the time that she has family on Mars. Although her memories do include a white martian.

kamikasei
2011-03-28, 10:35 AM
I'm enjoying it so far. Low points are Megan's catchphrase (the rest of her personality is fine, just not the precise sound of her voice reciting those words) and Kid Flash's pursuit of her - it stopped being funny very early on for me. I do like the "here's the whole DCU from the ground level, have a ton of references we don't actually call out" approach.

Psimon's name just sounds kind of stupid when you can only hear it, though.

Though something that bothered me after a couple of recent episodes. In the one that's sort of a solo adventure for Aqualad, we learn that his powers are magic, as he was trained in sorcery in Atlantis. Literally the episode before that, though, had as a major plot point Kid Flash's refusal to believe in magic. So, why didn't Aqualad say anything about his own use of magic then? :smallconfused:
IIRC he does point out that he studied sorcery in Atlantis. Pointing out that his powers themselves are a form of magic probably just seemed redundant as Wally could probably reply with "oh, you're just calling hydrokinesis 'magic'" or something similarly asinine. It's not like he was presenting a consistent argument worth taking much effort to refute.

As a skeptic that episode annoyed me.

RedBeardJim
2011-03-28, 11:30 AM
If they had wanted a Wonder Woman equivalent, they could have just used Wonder Girl, who yes, also exists, and according to Wikipedia was one of the first members of the comic version of Young Justice.

As I understand it, they couldn't, due to licensing issues -- the creator of Wonder Woman retained a *lot* more control over his characters than other comic creators have. However, things have apparently been resolved and some version of Wonder Girl is supposed to be showing up later this season.

Are we sure that the green martians are an "extinct" race (at least on Mars itself) in that continuity? M'Gan says all the time that she has family on Mars. Although her memories do include a white martian.

Did they? The only thing I saw that looked like it might have been was in Superboy's memory-flashback, not hers. I figured it was one of the Cadmus critters.

Lurkmoar
2011-03-28, 11:40 AM
I like it because they actually made Sportsmaster a credible threat. SPORTSMASTER!

Flickerdart
2011-03-28, 11:48 AM
Yeah, the sporadic airtimes of the show are kind of annoying and M'gan's catchphrase sucks. The rest is fine, though I'm hoping they do more with Speedy than just hanging around once in a while. They'll probably give Superboy some character development eventually, too, so that he stops being so emo.

Zevox
2011-03-28, 11:52 AM
Yeah, the sporadic airtimes of the show are kind of annoying and M'gan's catchphrase sucks.
Honestly, I don't mind Miss Martian's catchphrase. Robin making up words annoys me far more than that ever could.

Zevox

Lurkmoar
2011-03-28, 11:57 AM
Yeah, the sporadic airtimes of the show are kind of annoying and M'gan's catchphrase sucks. The rest is fine, though I'm hoping they do more with Speedy than just hanging around once in a while. They'll probably give Superboy some character development eventually, too, so that he stops being so emo.

Isn't Superboy supposed to be like two weeks old or something in this setting? And you know... Superman doesn't want to have anything to do with him?

RedBeardJim
2011-03-28, 12:28 PM
Isn't Superboy supposed to be like two weeks old or something in this setting? And you know... Superman doesn't want to have anything to do with him?

Two months since he was popped out of his clone chamber (and he'd only been in it for about four months prior to that). Like M'Gann said, six months ago he literally didn't exist.

The gaps between new episodes are, frankly, what you get with animated shows. You just notice it more with shows like this or Avatar than with, say, Spongebob or Phineas and Ferb because there's an actual plot and character development and such. You can't have that "I want to know what happens next!" feeling unless there's an actual, meaningful "next" to look forward to.

Roukon
2011-03-28, 12:40 PM
They're all actual DC characters from the comics, except for Artemis - who, incidentally, appears to be basically a female replacement for Speedy, not at all related to Wonder Woman.

Actually, Artemis does also exist in the DC universe. Mainly she is from the Silver Age and has been coming back into the forefront in recent years. Her history (and what looks like the same that Young Justice is using) is that she is the daughter of the Golden Age Huntress (a villian) and Sportsmaster (another villian), but turned hero.

Later Days,

Roukon

Matamane
2011-03-28, 12:56 PM
They gave Dr. Fate the respect he deserves. This show pleases me, unlike Smallville

Asgardian
2011-03-28, 01:08 PM
Actually, Artemis does also exist in the DC universe. Mainly she is from the Silver Age and has been coming back into the forefront in recent years. Her history (and what looks like the same that Young Justice is using) is that she is the daughter of the Golden Age Huntress (a villian) and Sportsmaster (another villian), but turned hero.

Later Days,

Roukon

I think you have the wrong version. Artemis is a renamed Arrowette who was actual on the Young Justice team for a while in the comic book. Her mother was the silver age character

Zevox
2011-03-28, 01:18 PM

Later Days,

Roukon

I think you have the wrong version. Artemis is a renamed Arrowette who was actual on the Young Justice team for a while in the comic book. Her mother was the silver age character
Yeah, see, everything I've read about Artemis online is rather contradictory about how she ties in to the actual comics, much like these two remarks. At best she seems to have a couple of different possible sources of inspiration, but from what I've read, doesn't perfectly match up with any given comic character. Hence my remark.

Zevox

Matamane
2011-03-28, 01:24 PM
Considering family and lineage is a big theme in Young Justice, I wouldn't be surprised. The Tigress incarnation is the one they've confirmed to be using. Same with Aqualad.

Robin: Batman
Superboy: Superman, albeit reluctantly
Kid Flash: Flash
Red Arrow/Speedy: Green Arrow
Aqualad: Aquaman/Black Manta
Miss Martian: Martian Manhunter
Artemis: Sportsmaster/Huntress

ThePhantasm
2011-03-28, 01:28 PM
I'd really like to watch this. Unfortunately at the moment I don't have a TV, so I'd have to download them from iTunes. . . ugh not sure if I want to pay that much.

leafman
2011-03-28, 01:51 PM
@^ You can watch them on youtube for free, I just finished watching the first season up to episode 9.

What we know about Artemis so far:

"Niece" of Green Arrow
Lives in Gotham with her handicapped mother (possibly not her real mother)
Attended Gotham North and is being/has been transferred to Gotham Academy via Wayne grant
Father trained her in using a bow, often tested her by placing her in difficult situations. (She thought her father wanted her to kill Kid Flash)
Connected to the League of Shadows (knew the female assassin, possibly Talia al Ghul)
Was placed on the team by Batman and Green Arrow, they know her origin and lied about it.

kpenguin
2011-03-28, 01:55 PM
Are we doing spoilers about Artemis speculation? I guess we are.

We also know that her name is Artemis Crock from the acceptance letter she received from Gotham Academy. Furthermore, we know that her mother is Paula Brooks from Greg Weisman.

Therefore, we can guess that this Artemis is an alternate version of Artemis Crock from the comics and not, say, Arrowette. In fact, the producers have said that Artemis is not Arowette or Mia.

Anyway, if she's Artemis Crock, this means that her dad is likely Sportsmaster. From what we saw in Drop Zone, they share the same hair of gold and possibly eye color. Furthermore, as a sports-based supervillain, teaching his daughter archery is completely in character. I wonder if Artemis knows how to use any other sports based weaponry. Someone should hand her a hockey stick.

Erts
2011-03-28, 02:48 PM
Actually, Aqualad (this character, not the old, other Aqualad) is a unique new character who DC liked so much they immediately adopted him for comics.
I like all of the characters, except Superboy. Sure, it's unnerving to not have any family, but his team is in a way his family, and he has a great life. Food, shelter, oh, and super powers.

EDIT:

Anyway, I've been catching the episodes on Youtube (since I'm always scheduled to work when it actually airs), and it's a pretty decent show. Hopefully they can bring all the plot threads they've put out there together somewhat elegantly, though there's getting to be quite a lot of them. Don't know if it'll be on par with the Justice League cartoon, but I'd say it's certainly already as good as the Teen Titans cartoon at least.

When I can't catch it or when I watch it on Youtube, I record it on my cable, so that way I can show support for the show. I do not want it being canceled. :smallannoyed:

WitchSlayer
2011-03-28, 03:21 PM
Looking forward to an episode where the Helmet of Fate gets an actual owner. Don't like Superboy that much at all.

Dvandemon
2011-03-28, 04:40 PM
I really like this show. Very good character rewrites

Asgardian
2011-03-28, 05:09 PM
Yeah, see, everything I've read about Artemis online is rather contradictory about how she ties in to the actual comics, much like these two remarks. At best she seems to have a couple of different possible sources of inspiration, but from what I've read, doesn't perfectly match up with any given comic character. Hence my remark.

Zevox

Seems to be Arrowette with what appears to be a variation of Atermis' origin

Look at the TV and Comic book versions.. considering she was in the comic first.. i think its pretty clear where at least the look originated

Young Justice TV Artemis - http://images.wikia.com/youngjustice/images/1/1f/Artemis%27_bow.png

Young Justice comics - Arrowette - http://www.retrojunk.com/img/art-images/bb8.jpg

Sanguine
2011-03-28, 05:28 PM
Wait...

Robin = Batman
Superboy = Superman
Kid Flash = Flash
Miss Martian = Martian Man Hunter
Artemis = Wonderwoman

Oh god. Wasn't Martian Manhunter supposed to be the last of his kind? And Superman has a clone? They tried to hard to make each of the original Justice League into a teenager. Ugh.

Well something to keep in mind is that Young Justice takes place on a Parallel World rather than the one of the main DC Continuity. So Martian Man Hunter may not be the last of his kind in this show.

As for the Artemis=Wonderwoman thing I don't see it. But then I'm not very familiar with Wonderwoman.

comicshorse
2011-03-28, 07:24 PM

Zevox

I thought Artemis was a member of a exiled tribe of Amazons who took over WonderWoman's role for a bit.

RedBeardJim
2011-03-28, 07:32 PM
I thought Artemis was a member of a exiled tribe of Amazons who took over WonderWoman's role for a bit.

Different Artemis.

comicshorse
2011-03-28, 07:35 PM
How many Artemis's have there been ?

Sanguine
2011-03-28, 07:38 PM
How many Artemis's have there been ?

According to the wiki (http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Artemis) 13.

true_shinken
2011-03-28, 08:33 PM
I really like this show. Superboy is awesome.

Flickerdart
2011-03-28, 08:43 PM
Actually, Aqualad (this character, not the old, other Aqualad) is a unique new character who DC liked so much they immediately adopted him for comics.
I like all of the characters, except Superboy. Sure, it's unnerving to not have any family, but his team is in a way his family, and he has a great life. Food, shelter, oh, and super powers.

Well, Superboy only knows people who are heroes, and we see that he can be bested in combat by a skilled fighter despite his powers. The only guy he compares himself to is Superman, and Superman is so out of his league it's not even funny.

DeltaEmil
2011-03-28, 09:17 PM
Which will hopefully make it that much more satisfying, when Superman will accept Superboy.

small pumpkin m
2011-03-29, 01:13 AM
It is one of the best ever done shows set in the DCU that I have ever seen, and I'm surprised there isn't a thread on it yet. ?

Hrmm, I was going to argue, but you're right. It is easily one of the better ones, although I haven't seen any of brave and the bold yet. I agree with previous posters that I like the way main continuity characters are included, then leave without having some over the top introduction. Not convinced I love where the Artemis stuff is going, but hey, at least they're trying. Not loving "the light", it reminds me of the council from metalocalypse. I'd be okay with it if we get a couple more hints that this isn't all the characters are doing, just what's appropriate to the metaplot (like we did in "Downtime"), and presumably it will get less annoying when we get an idea of these guys plan.

kamikasei
2011-03-29, 02:24 AM
Well, Superboy only knows people who are heroes, and we see that he can be bested in combat by a skilled fighter despite his powers. The only guy he compares himself to is Superman, and Superman is so out of his league it's not even funny.
Plus he's an adolescent boy with a crush on a mind reader. That's gotta be having interesting effects on his psychology.

Not loving "the light", it reminds me of the council from metalocalypse.
"He's a superpowered clown. He does cocaine. I'm afraid that's... all we know."

I am 100% behind this crossover.

GenericGuy
2011-03-29, 02:15 PM
"He's a superpowered clown. He does cocaine. I'm afraid that's... all we know."

Oh God, I just pictured what the Joker would do if he were on drugs.:smalleek:

Anyways, I really like Aqualad and hope he stays the leader; despite it being Robin’s “destiny” to lead the team. Robin’s assumption he would lead, and little hissy fit because batman wanted to talk to Aqualad alone, suggests he’s a little bit of a spoiled brat. I also dislike Batman being more compassionate than Superman in dealing with Superboy. “Darkening” Superman doesn’t make him more interesting and making Batman always right just makes him Mary-Sueish. I love everything else about the series.

kamikasei
2011-03-29, 02:47 PM
I also dislike Batman being more compassionate than Superman in dealing with Superboy. “Darkening” Superman doesn’t make him more interesting and making Batman always right just makes him Mary-Sueish. I love everything else about the series.
I think it's recognizing a real, counterintuitive truth about the characters, actually. Batman has a ridiculous amount of surrogate-family stuff going on, despite his loner image. Superman... doesn't, really (barring the strong possibility that I'm just not aware of some history here), despite being a poster boy for role models. The exact history in the show's continuity is unknown, but chances are Superman's never had to act as a parent or even a big brother, while Batman looks to have at least adopted **** (do we have confirmation on whether this is the Grayson Robin?).

I don't interpret it as Superman lacking compassion, either, so much as being afraid of the responsibility and rationalizing it. I guess that's darker than standard presentations of the character, but I see it as humanizing rather than "darkening".

Zevox
2011-03-29, 02:55 PM
(do we have confirmation on whether this is the Grayson Robin?).
From what I heard, yes. Robin and Kid Flash are the originals, **** Grayson and Wally West.

I don't interpret it as Superman lacking compassion, either, so much as being afraid of the responsibility and rationalizing it.
To me it always came off as him being extremely off-put at the fact that Superboy is actually a clone of him, as well as at the notion of playing father figure for a clone.

Zevox

Sanguine
2011-03-29, 07:29 PM
(do we have confirmation on whether this is the Grayson Robin?).

Well when Amazo attacked Robin's school the trophy case had an award for one Richard Grayson. Not 100% confirmation but a strong indicator.

RedBeardJim
2011-03-29, 08:21 PM
Well when Amazo attacked Robin's school the trophy case had an award for one Richard Grayson. Not 100% confirmation but a strong indicator.

It's definitely Richard Grayson, as noted on CN's website (http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/youngjustice/index.html), and the show's creator has confirmed it (although I can't dig up the link right now). The basic conceit is that this is a "new" Earth -- the Justice League has only been active for a few years.

DeltaEmil
2011-03-29, 09:52 PM
Plus he's an adolescent boy with a crush on a mind reader. That's gotta be having interesting effects on his psychology.I think it's rather the other way around. It's the martian girl who has a crush on the kryptonian clone. The Superboy has so far no clue at all what to do in any sort of relationship, and his fixation is more upon the man of steel anyway.

RedBeardJim
2011-03-29, 10:36 PM
I think it's rather the other way around. It's the martian girl who has a crush on the kryptonian clone. The Superboy has so far no clue at all what to do in any sort of relationship, and his fixation is more upon the man of steel anyway.

I think the last couple of episodes have indicated that the crushing is starting to go both ways. (I loved Red Tornado's "I am not *even* getting into this" reaction shot in "Downtime").

Erts
2011-03-30, 05:38 PM
To me it always came off as him being extremely off-put at the fact that Superboy is actually a clone of him, as well as at the notion of playing father figure for a clone.

Zevox

Agreed. Batman didn't show much empathy here in the way he phrased it either; he should have said "he needs a mentor", or "he needs a guardian", not have said "he needs his father", when Superman clearly isn't his father by any since of the word.

One problem I could foresee for this show is the Light; if everything bad that happens in the show is attributable to them.
Also, I think the plot needs to actually move, instead of just being a collection of one shot episodes with a climatic battle at the end of season. It worked for the Justice League because the writers had such a large base to draw from, and even better with the JLU because they could focus on characters not often in the spotlight (Booster Gold, Green Arrow, and the Question, just to name a couple). Here, I don't think that this will work forever until viewer interest wanes, you can't keep suspense up.
Any one else's thoughts on this?

TheEmerged
2011-03-30, 05:50 PM
I don't interpret it as Superman lacking compassion, either, so much as being afraid of the responsibility and rationalizing it. I guess that's darker than standard presentations of the character, but I see it as humanizing rather than "darkening".

^This, to the eleventyth power. The following is a paraphrase (because I can't dig the issue out right now) of something Superman said in DC Universe canon to The Ray, and it applies to this situation as well.

"It's just... I became Superman for personal reasons. I never expected people to look up to me the way they do. <panel break> Today, I learned a young man with the power to level cities has a poster of me on his wall. There's a responsibility there I don't think I'll ever be ready for."

Speaking as someone that does volunteer work with kids, I know *that* feeling :smallbiggrin:

Sanguine
2011-03-30, 05:54 PM
Agreed. Batman didn't show much empathy here in the way he phrased it either; he should have said "he needs a mentor", or "he needs a guardian", not have said "he needs his father", when Superman clearly isn't his father by any since of the word.

One problem I could foresee for this show is the Light; if everything bad that happens in the show is attributable to them.
Also, I think the plot needs to actually move, instead of just being a collection of one shot episodes with a climatic battle at the end of season. It worked for the Justice League because the writers had such a large base to draw from, and even better with the JLU because they could focus on characters not often in the spotlight (Booster Gold, Green Arrow, and the Question, just to name a couple). Here, I don't think that this will work forever until viewer interest wanes, you can't keep suspense up.
Any one else's thoughts on this?

I could see a case being made for Superman being his parthenogenic father.(Yes I realize that parthenogenesis usually refers to a female parent and doesn't really apply with clones. It was however the best word I could come up with, also Superboy seems to be more similar to be a distinct individual rather than carbon copy so the term clone doesn't really apply either.)

Aside from that I agree with your post for the most part.

PPA
2011-03-31, 01:32 PM
Actually I kind of like the Superboy character and Superman's reaction to him. He's put off by a clone who clearly expects him to care about him and become a sort of father figure. Must not be an easy situation to have a younger clone of you simply pop up and expect you to be his dad, regardless of how much of a great guy you are.

Also, the fact that the clone is not simply a younger Superman, but has a distinct personality affected by Cadmus' brainwashing and his few life experiences is also something I find interesting. I agree he's a bit too emo, but he's more of a tantrum thrower than a woe-is-me emo, so there's at least that. Robin does have a sort of odd personality that I don't normally asosciate with him. He kind of reminds me of a younger Spiderman who is trying to act dark and tough.

About the Aqualad's magic thing, as far as I recall, he DID mention he studied magic in Atlantis and even went so far as saying his powers were a mix of technology and magic but Kid Flash refused to accept that explanatiion and rationalized it.

Good show, I'll be watching for sure.

Asgardian
2011-03-31, 05:51 PM

Actually... it just hit me. It was actually extremely empathetic of Batman.
Remember this is a guy who lost his parents when he was a kid.
When it later happened to ****, Bats "adopted" him because he knew what its like to be alone like that

Now he looks at Superboy and thinks "There's someone that just lost the only world he knew" and wants Superman to step up so that Superboy wasnt alone in the world and provide him with guidance and support

small pumpkin m
2011-04-01, 05:46 AM
So I assume nobody knows when a new episode is being aired?

kpenguin
2011-04-01, 06:17 AM
So I assume nobody knows when a new episode is being aired?

April 8th is when.

RedBeardJim
2011-04-01, 10:43 AM
April 8th is when.

Not according to Cartoon Network's website -- they've got "Welcome to Happy Harbor" scheduled for the 8th and "Drop-Zone" for the 15th.

kpenguin
2011-04-01, 01:34 PM
That's what I recall was...

Oh my. It seems that Greg Weisman himself doesn't know when they'll be back (http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?rid=893)

Erts
2011-04-02, 10:48 AM
Oh my. It seems that Greg Weisman himself doesn't know when they'll be back (http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?rid=893)

I know that they got renewed, but this just makes it more apparent to me that people need to watch it, or it will be canceled.

Hands_Of_Blue
2011-04-02, 11:32 AM
I know that they got renewed, but this just makes it more apparent to me that people need to watch it, or it will be cancelled. I don't know what I would do if they cancelled Young Justice.

I mean, I'm already pissed at Cartoon Network for canceling Sym-Bionic Titan, which was friggin' awesome. I will lose so much faith in humanity if Problem Solverz (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dHyB1kRDNc) stays on the air.

RedBeardJim
2011-04-02, 05:24 PM
I know that they got renewed, but this just makes it more apparent to me that people need to watch it, or it will be canceled.

No it just means that the people who actually make animated shows don't have much to do with when those shows actually show up on the air. That's not a new thing.

Starbuck_II
2011-04-02, 05:34 PM
I don't know what I would do if they cancelled Young Justice.

I mean, I'm already pissed at Cartoon Network for canceling Sym-Bionic Titan, which was friggin' awesome. I will lose so much faith in humanity if Problem Solverz (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dHyB1kRDNc) stays on the air.

Sym-Bionic Titan is cancelled? I thought it was a season finale!

Erts
2011-04-02, 05:41 PM
No it just means that the people who actually make animated shows don't have much to do with when those shows actually show up on the air. That's not a new thing.

No, the fact that it has been renewed for a reduced number of episodes worries me. You are probably right that it doesn't mean anything though.

Sacrieur
2011-04-02, 05:57 PM
I hate Megan's catchphrase. So much. I want her to die.

Lurkmoar
2011-04-02, 09:27 PM
I hate Megan's catchphrase. So much. I want her to die.

Then we would have an Alas Poor Scrappy episode.

It's not that bad is it? Maybe the rest of the team will treat it like a forced meme and she'll give it up.

Hands_Of_Blue
2011-04-03, 12:31 AM
Sym-Bionic Titan is cancelled? I thought it was a season finale! Nope. Series finale.

http://screenrant.com/symbionic-titan-canceled-cartoon-network-benm-108168/

"Genddy’s moved on to Sony Pictures Animation. Titan got competitive ratings with other action shows, but what shut it down was it didn’t have enough toys connected to it. If you don’t have the [toy sales], the studios don’t want to renew for another season.”

Toys. It was cancelled because of toys. Titan is now my Firefly of cartoons.

Flickerdart
2011-04-03, 12:57 PM
Dammit, now you guys have me watching Sym-bionic Titan instead of doing homework. I hope you're happy.

Soilborn
2011-04-04, 01:53 AM
I don't know what I would do if they cancelled Young Justice.

It won't. If it was on Adult Swim perhaps, as there are enough people with awful tastes who watch that to get practically any After Effects vomit renewed. Adults can usually handle stuff that's weird and out of the ordinary, even if it's visually atrocious and narratively insulting (I won't name shows, but there have been more than a few.) But daytime Cartoon Network? Children have particular tastes, and this show with its garish visuals and characters who are impossible to empathize with simply won't find an audience.

I'm sorry, I just get really pissed when something that looks worse than a 10 second DBZ stick figure battle posted on Newgrounds in 1995 gets actual studio funding.

Sacrieur
2011-04-04, 01:28 PM
Then we would have an Alas Poor Scrappy episode.

It's not that bad is it? Maybe the rest of the team will treat it like a forced meme and she'll give it up.

Then I want her erased from existence. I cringe every time I hear that catchphrase.

Lurkmoar
2011-04-04, 01:47 PM
Hmm, maybe the Anti-Monitor will show up then. :smalltongue:

Don't think he's actually appeared in any medium besides comics... can anyone confirm or contradict that?

Sanguine
2011-04-04, 02:00 PM
Hmm, maybe the Anti-Monitor will show up then. :smalltongue:

Don't think he's actually appeared in any medium besides comics... can anyone confirm or contradict that?

According to wikipedia his hand showed up in an episode of Justice League Unlimited.

Lurkmoar
2011-04-04, 02:04 PM
According to wikipedia his hand showed up in an episode of Justice League Unlimited.

And I missed it?! All well, good enough reason to re-watch it this weekend.

Sacrieur
2011-04-04, 11:15 PM
And I missed it?! All well, good enough reason to re-watch it this weekend.

I only liked a couple of scenes from JLU: all scenes containing batman, and when superman punched darkseid through like 4 skyscrapers.

Kris Strife
2011-04-04, 11:31 PM
Nope. Series finale.

http://screenrant.com/symbionic-titan-canceled-cartoon-network-benm-108168/

"Genddy’s moved on to Sony Pictures Animation. Titan got competitive ratings with other action shows, but what shut it down was it didn’t have enough toys connected to it. If you don’t have the [toy sales], the studios don’t want to renew for another season.”

Toys. It was cancelled because of toys. Titan is now my Firefly of cartoons.

There's actually been quite a few shows that Cartoon Network canceled for reasons other than lack of viewers. :smallannoyed:

They seem to hate action shows in particular.

small pumpkin m
2011-05-02, 01:18 AM
April 8th is when.

bzzt.

The correct answer is June 3rd. (http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php/news.php?action=fullnews&id=1020) (Necromancer away!)

Sanguine
2011-05-02, 10:01 AM
bzzt.

The correct answer is June 3rd. (http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php/news.php?action=fullnews&id=1020) (Necromancer away!)

Well, it's nice to finally get a solid date. Though I was hoping it would be in May. Oh well. Glad to see Red Arrow will be an integral part of the episode. Always liked him.

Erts
2011-05-02, 02:54 PM
bzzt.

Whew. I was beginning to worry... (I know it's irrational, but still.)
Well, I'm glad this thread won't die after all.
:smallsmile: