PDA

View Full Version : Alchemical Body Feats (PEACH)

LOTRfan
2011-03-27, 09:49 PM
So, these are my first Warforged feats that scale with level, so they may be kind of strong. If they are too strong, please don't hesitate to say so, so I can find a way to weaken them.

Alchemical Body [Warforged]
You’re composite plating is covered with tubules containing various alchemical substances.
Prerequisites: Warforged
Benefits: Once per day, a Warforged may drain a small amount of alchemical liquids from its exterior tubing into a small vial. This liquid functions as a potion of the Warforged’s choosing, as long as the base price of the potion is no more than (25 * level) gold pieces. At 1st level, the Warforged chooses three potions that he can produce. Each time he gains a level, he can swap one of the potions he is capable of producing for another. The Warforged must decide what type of potion it is upon creation. The potion only lasts for 24 hours.
Special: This feat may only be taken at 1st level.

Acidic Alchemy [Warforged]
When damaged, your tubules spurt out acidic liquids.
Prerequisites: Warforged, Alchemical Body, Con 13
Benefits: Whenever the Warforged takes more than 20 points of damage in a single attack, one of the tubes rupture, spraying the attacker’s square with acid. Treat this as a splash attack that deals 1d6 + Con modifier worth of damage. This damage die increases each time you gain 5 HD (so 2d6 + Con modifier at 5th level, 3d6 + Con modifier at 10th level, ex.).

Alchemical Tracery [Warforged]
When hitting an opponent with your slam attack, alchemical acids diffuse from your tubing onto your enemy.
Prerequisites: Warforged, Alchemical Body, Acidic Alchemy
Benefits: The Warforged deals 2d6 + Con modifier worth of acid damage, and gains an extra Hit Die worth of damage per 5 HD increment the Warforged has (3d6 + Con modifier at 10th, 4d6 + Con modifier at 15th, ex.).

Soothing Alchemy [Warforged]
You can pour beneficial alchemical substances on allies in order to help heal their wounds.
Prerequisites: Warforged, Alchemical Body, Con 13
Benefits: A number of times per day equal to the Warforged’s Con modifier, the Warforged may spend a move action to open a tubule and pour an alchemical substance into the wounds of an adjacent ally, healing 1d6 + Con modifier worth of damage. The amount healed increases by 1d6 each time you gain 5 HD (so 2d6 + Con modifier at 5th level, 3d6 + Con modifier at 10th level, ex.).

Shark Uppercut
2011-03-27, 11:34 PM
Alchemical Body [Warforged]
You’re composite plating is covered with tubules containing various alchemical substances.
Prerequisites: Warforged
Benefits: Once per day, a Warforged may drain a small amount of alchemical liquids from its exterior tubing into a small vial. This liquid functions as a potion of the Warforged’s choosing, as long as the base cost of the potion is no more than (25 * level) gold pieces. The Warforged must decide what type of potion it is upon creation.
Special: This feat may only be taken at 1st level.

So you can choose a more expensive kind of potion, but it can't be utilized until you're higher level. Or you can choose a level 1 spell potion . . but you still can't use that until level 2.
Weird.

radmelon
2011-03-28, 01:21 AM
So you can choose a more expensive kind of potion, but it can't be utilized until you're higher level. Or you can choose a level 1 spell potion . . but you still can't use that until level 2.
Weird.

I think that it means on creation of the potion, not the warforged.

Also, Alchemical Tracery is fairly nonsenisical. It need cleaning up.

Ashtagon
2011-03-28, 02:35 AM
Alchemical Body: Change it so any such potion expires if store more than 24 hours. Otherwise, you can quickly build a ridiculous stockpile. I'd also seriously consider limiting it so that you choose three potion types when you gain the feat, and you can change one each time you gain a level.

Alchemical Tracery: No particular reason to require Acidic Alchemy as a prerequisite. Feat trees aren't always helpful as a design tool.

Soothing Alchemy: Either specify a prerequisite of Con 13, or specify at least 1/day uses regardless of Con.

LOTRfan
2011-03-28, 06:14 AM
Weird.

1st level potions have a base cost of 25 gp. They have a price of 50 gp. There's a difference.

And you cannot choose to create a more expensive type of potion using this method unless it costs less than twenty-five multiplied by your level. Should I make that more clear?

I think that it means on creation of the potion, not the warforged.

Also, Alchemical Tracery is fairly nonsenisical. It need cleaning up.

Yes, creation of the potion, not creation of the character. I'll edit that in later today.

Any suggestions for cleaning up Alchemical Tracery?

Alchemical Body: Change it so any such potion expires if store more than 24 hours. Otherwise, you can quickly build a ridiculous stockpile. I'd also seriously consider limiting it so that you choose three potion types when you gain the feat, and you can change one each time you gain a level.

Alchemical Tracery: No particular reason to require Acidic Alchemy as a prerequisite. Feat trees aren't always helpful as a design tool.

Soothing Alchemy: Either specify a prerequisite of Con 13, or specify at least 1/day uses regardless of Con.

Alchemical Body: Alright, that sounds good. I wouldn't want the feat to be too overpowered.

Alchemical Tracery: Um, alright, I just thought I'd make a feat tree because dealing and extra xd6 damage per slam attack is a lot more powerful than xd6 damage each time you are damaged to a certain degree. But okay.

Soothing Alchemy: I thought I added that to the last three. I'll fix that, now.

Veyr
2011-03-28, 07:27 AM
Err... the "Base Cost" of any item is its market price. Half that isn't the base, it's just the cost to create (along with any XP or time requirements).

LOTRfan
2011-03-28, 04:15 PM
Err... the "Base Cost" of any item is its market price. Half that isn't the base, it's just the cost to create (along with any XP or time requirements).

I must be confused, then. Golem construction rules differentiate between the two by calling the price to create said golem the cost, and the actual market price the price. I assumed that it was the same with other magical items. I'll change it to "price for creation" now.

All other changes have been added, already. I'm still not quite sure what is wrong with Alchemical Tracery, though...

LOTRfan
2011-03-28, 07:39 PM
I just found out that WotC did something similar to this in the early 360s issues of Dragon Magazine. That could be interesting to use as backstory....