PDA

View Full Version : Archivist / Radiant Servant of Pelor

aeauseth
2011-03-27, 11:29 PM
I'm building an Archivist (Heros of Horror) class. DM is allowing all divine spells including those from domains.

I'm optimizing a bit and I would like to take Radiant Servant of Pelor (Complete Divine) for the healing abilities. The party has no Cleric.

I need some clarification on the details of how RSoP's Empower Healing works.

Can I use Spontaneous Healing without the Healing Domain?
Can I use Spontaneous Healing with the Healing Domain?
Can I use Domain Spontaneity with the Healing Domain?
Do I have to have a Domain Spell Slot?
Any thoughts on aquiring a domain slot without loosing a level Archivist spell power?

My goal is to use use the RSoP's enhanced healing abilities without taking a level of Cleric.

My draft LVL12 build is Archivist7 / DivineDisciple1 / Spelldancer1 / RadiantServantOfPelor3. A level of Contemplative gets me another bonus domain (for Healing Domain) if necessary.

DivineDisiple gets me the Sun domain, prereq for RSoP. I just hung up on the mechanics of Empower Healing (etal.) of RSoP.

Felyndiira
2011-03-28, 06:14 AM
Can I use Spontaneous Healing without the Healing Domain?
I believe that, by RAW, you cannot. The ability only works on Healing "domain spells", not the cleric or druid equivalents. You can certainly see if you can get your DM to house-rule this, though, since it shouldn't be that severe of a buff to allow it for the standard cure line + Restoration.

The ambiguity lies within scrolls created specifically from domain spells. I doubt you can get a scroll of Healing Domain Heal as a part of your starting spells, but if you can ask a cleric of Pelor to lend/sell/trade you a scroll or two of Heal or Cure Critical Wounds crafted from the cleric's domain slot, it should still count as a domain spell. Check with your DM on the final ruling of that, though.

Can I use Spontaneous Healing with the Healing Domain?
Yes, but not with the cure or heal spells (or Restoration) prepared in your standard slots.

Can I use Domain Spontaneity with the Healing Domain?
If you have turn undead (depends on how your DM interprets the RSoP's turn undead class feature) and the domain, sure. Your DM's call on whether those spells would count towards RSoP though (the Cleric ACF's wording is a bit more definite in that regard). I'd personally say yes, because it's still technically casting the domain spell rather than the regular one from the Archivist list, but that's just me.

Do I have to have a Domain Spell Slot?
The wording on RSoP only says "domain spell", not "domain slot". I think you're safe with Domain Spontaneity (though RSoP really is something much more suited for a cleric that can Spontaneous Domain their Healing Domain spells).