PDA

View Full Version : Ways To Get Immunity To Non-lethal damage without being a construct

Cogidubnus
2011-03-28, 03:32 AM
Title says is all. Without being a construct/living construct etc, I want to know how to be immune to non-lethal damage.

senrath
2011-03-28, 03:37 AM
You can become an undead, most likely via the Necropolitan template, although since you don't want to be a construct you probably don't want to be undead either.

While it's not exactly immunity, if you get a source of permanent or semi-permanent Regeneration (such as via the Troll-Blooded feat) or Fast Healing (most likely via Persisted Lesser Vigor, or by being a Warshaper in an alternate form) then you'll be healed of the damage quite quickly, unless it's a rather large amount.

TroubleBrewing
2011-03-28, 03:59 AM
I think plants are immune to non-lethal. Could be mistaken, plus I can't think of an easy way to become a plant (Woodling template? LA +3, so not necessarily easy.)

JeminiZero
2011-03-28, 04:39 AM
This thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9626334) might be of interest.

Also of note, Living Constructs do NOT have immunity to non-lethal by default. They only gain it if they take levels in Warforged Jgugernaut.

You could also take levels in Bone Knight PrC (5 nations) which grants various tasty undead immunities, without actually turning you into undead.

Runestar
2011-03-28, 05:08 AM
I believe there are a few spells which grant immunity to non-lethal damage, such as ilmater's favour (player's guide to faerun?).

Firechanter
2011-03-28, 05:29 AM
If you're willing to import feats from other (non-D&D) D20 products, there's a feat in Conan D20 that does pretty much that, iirc. It should be "Tough as Nails" but I don't remember what splat it was from... sorry for not being more helpful.

candycorn
2011-03-28, 07:31 AM
Spell Compendium: Favor of the Martyr.

With DMM: Persist, it'll give you immunity to nonlethal damage, charm and compulsion, attacks that function by causing pain (specifically), daze, exhaustion, fatigue, nausea, sickening, staggering, and stunning. You'll also not fall unconscious at negative HP, and not lose HP for acting. Finally, you'll get the benefit of the Endurance feat during the spell.

Thurbane
2011-03-28, 08:15 PM
The Crimson Scourge PrC (Cityscape) gets this as a class ability - Deadened Hide (?). Can't remember what level off the top of my head.

I seem to remember a build someone made: a 1/2 Green Dragon War Troll with levels in Crimson Scourge - as he is immune to acid, his regeneration converts ALL damage to nonlethal, which he ignores via Crimson Scourge.

The Winter King
2011-03-28, 08:32 PM
A magic item that casts regenerate on you ev ery round?

Cogidubnus
2011-03-29, 01:51 AM
A magic item that casts regenerate on you ev ery round?

That's only effective immunity, not immunity. I was basically looking at how easy it would be to become immune to damage. An item of Favor of the Martyr seems the best option, for only 110000 gp, give or take a few thousand. Add regeneration, natural acid immunity and a ring of fire immunity, and what'll you do?

Keld Denar
2011-03-29, 02:17 AM
[Death] effects.

[Polymorph] effects.

JeminiZero
2011-03-29, 03:58 AM
Add regeneration, natural acid immunity and a ring of fire immunity, and what'll you do?

-Use Hellfire/Searing Fire/Divine Fire which ignores conventional fire immunity.
-Knock out via Ability Damage/Drain (Con damage/drain will kill)
-Energy Drain
-Suffocate by drowning/throwing into a vaccum
-Insta-kill Death Effects
-Holy Word (with sufficiently high CL) instakill.
-Petrification, Polymorph, Non-HP Disintegrate effects
-Trollbane poison shuts down regeneration for one hit
-Greymantle spell shuts down regeneration for 1 CL/round
-Decapitation by Vorpal weapon
-Mind-Flayer insta-kill brain eating attacks
-Planeshift to positive energy plane where you explode due to excessive HP

Ya'know, basically stuff that people come up with to kill the Emerald Legion.

Cogidubnus
2011-03-29, 04:06 AM
[Death] effects.

[Polymorph] effects.

I mean to deal damage, as opposed to killing it.

Sichvot
2011-08-24, 01:10 AM
Take a War-Troll.. add the half-black dragon template.. gives acid immunity. make him a level 5 wizard with 10 levels of Pale Master ... he is almost immune to everything except needing to eat sleep and breathe. then we need to take few feats.. namely Tomb-Tainted Soul and Tomb-Born Vitality the latter making you not required to eat or sleep (except to rest for 8 hours to regain spells).
all damage to you becomes non-lethal you are immune to non-lethal. you also are immune to death effects, ability drain, ability score damage, basicly everything except suffication and aging. now go out and ruin a game or two. :)

GoodbyeSoberDay
2011-08-24, 01:18 AM
Take a War-Troll.. add the half-black dragon template.. gives acid immunity. make him a level 5 wizard with 10 levels of Pale Master ... he is almost immune to everything except needing to eat sleep and breathe. then we need to take few feats.. namely Tomb-Tainted Soul and Tomb-Born Vitality the latter making you not required to eat or sleep (except to rest for 8 hours to regain spells).
all damage to you becomes non-lethal you are immune to non-lethal. you also are immune to death effects, ability drain, ability score damage, basicly everything except suffication and aging. now go out and ruin a game or two. :)At ECL 36 that's underpowered.