PDA

View Full Version : Ebberon Shifter build help

GodGoblin
2011-03-28, 06:11 AM
Howdy folks! Ive just started a game where I will be playing a Shifter, Ive never played one before and im having a bit of trouble getting a build together. Im looking to do a wild hunter style character thats primarily melee focused either TWF or using natural attacks and going into Weretouched Master.

Were using 32 point buy and any material from non-setting-specific sources and Eberron sources are allowed, including Dragon. No homebrew or houserules. Starting at level 5.

One idea I had was Spirit Lion Barbarian1/Druidic Avenger??/Weretouched Master.

Swapping out Druidic Avenger for Scout, Ranger or more Barbarian would also be an idea and ive heard Shifting Rage was a good feat.

As you can see there is so much stuff for Shifters im just getting a bit lost in it all. The main problem is getting enough shifts a day to make it worth it.

So Playground, any ideas?

IthroZada
2011-03-28, 06:28 AM
If you want to go into natural attacks, you might have fun with a wildshape Ranger, then going into Master of Many Forms. Sort of taking shifting to its most extreme. Maybe throwing in some Warshaper to just beef you up.

LordBlades
2011-03-28, 06:29 AM
I'd suggest something like Barbarian 1/Warblade 4/Weretouched Master 5/Bloodclaw Master 5/Warblade 5.

Focus on TWF with Kukris and Tiger Claw maneuvers.

GodGoblin
2011-03-28, 07:07 AM
Id rather not use ToB for this build, Im sure its awesome but for this one id rather keep it without.

Wildshape ranger however could work, full BaB and the convert the wildshape uses to shifts. Does Weretouched master grant pounce? Im AFB at the mo and cant remember, if it doesnt I will probably take Lion Barbarian.

My feats will probably be inproved natural attack and then lots of various shifter feats to up my shifts per day. Any must have feats you guys can recommend?

Kahlendrrari
2011-03-28, 07:41 AM
if you take the tiger line of WtM you get pounce

GodGoblin
2011-03-28, 08:34 AM
Ah thats good, I was thinking of going tiger anyway.

So the build at the mo is-

Razor Claw Shifter
1 WS Ranger
2 WS Ranger
3 WS Ranger
4 WS Ranger
5 Weretouched Master
6 Weretouched Master
7 Weretouched Master
8 Weretouched Master
9 Weretouched Master
10 WS Ranger

With a flaws I can have 3 feats at lv1 im thinking EST: Longtooth, Improved Natural attack (Claws) and Razor claw elite.

Later will get Multi attack and as many Shifter feats as I can fit in. Hopefully that should result in a tooth and claw meatgrinder that charges with pounce and hits with as many natural attacks as possible

Also using WS Ranger and going straight into Weretouched Master doesnt actually give me and Wildshape uses until lv 10. Hmm would barbarian be a better choice? Or normal ranger? Grr so many choices! At least I thik I have figured out a direction with the feats now just need to read them all in the book for details.