PDA

View Full Version : He is right.

Orzel
2011-03-28, 06:32 AM
The dinosaur again?
It hasn't been ten strips yet.
Allosaurus are played out now.

Somebody get this man a TV show writer job.

Using his resources, what matches do you think Tarquin has/could come up with? Please nothing too gruesome.

Obligatory Cage Match

Reincarnate gladiators as trolls and give them nonfiery nonacidic weapons for Best of 10 Falls.

Graft wings on gladiators, leash them to ground. Aerial combat.

Zerg Cookie
2011-03-28, 08:48 AM
It's not overusing it..
If we hadn't seen tha allo ten strips ago, this one would be a dues ex machina.

Tjarnet
2011-03-28, 09:40 AM
If we hadn't seen it at all, then its appearance now would be nonsensical. And if it wasn't released the first time, then Tarquin would have no qualms about releasing it during Gannji and Enor's fight.

ClockShock
2011-03-28, 01:16 PM
Shhh Shhh people, there's no need to run to The Giant's defence. You've missed the point.

The OP is wondering what new and interesting matches will be needed to keep the crowd entertained now the Allorsaurus has upped the standard by appearing twice in one set of games.

I think Tarquin should take a lesson from Xykon: Acid breathing sharks. Yum

EmperorSarda
2011-03-28, 01:20 PM
I think Tarquin should take a lesson from Xykon: Acid breathing sharks. Yum

Nay, sand sharks!

Zerg Cookie
2011-03-28, 01:44 PM
You can't see the action through the sand.
It's worse than lava, really

slayerx
2011-03-28, 01:57 PM
I think the key is finding interesting ways to kill people...
Allosaur's represents something animal but something fast and powerful that's over in seconds; it's got a lot of shock value to it

Iron Golem- can pound combatants into the dirt and crush their bones while being practically invincible for the low level poorly arm combatants
Multiple Shocker Lizards- Electrify combatants to death
Digesters- Use acid to melt down fighters to their bones
Fire elemental- Burn them. BURN THEM ALL!
Lions, wolves, tigers- Classic predatory animals to tear them apart

Something small and vicious that you can swarm fighters with and watch them get picked apart bit by bit very quickly... like piranha or something. Not sure what land based monsters would fit the bill

hamishspence
2011-03-28, 01:59 PM
Something small and vicious that you can swarm fighters with and watch them get picked apart bit by bit very quickly... like piranha or something. Not sure what land based monsters would fit the bill

Compys? The "Needletooth swarm" are in MM3. And would continue the dinosaur theme.

if we're restricted to core- ordinary vermin swarms from MM may do.

slayerx
2011-03-28, 02:01 PM
Compys? The "Needletooth swarm" are in MM3. And would continue the dinosaur theme.

Ya i only got MM1 and MM2
But ya i like the needletooth Swarm

hamishspence
2011-03-28, 02:07 PM
The main reason against seeing compys any time soon (though their image as vicious swarmers may be fairly well known from Jurassic Park II)

is Tarquin's comment about not wanting the whole dinosaur theme to be "played out".

HappyBlanket
2011-03-28, 02:25 PM
Set the prisoners on fire before putting them in the arena.

Victory condition: Spell out your name (Spartacus) with the prisoner's innards.

Fight each other without arms and legs.

Orzel
2011-03-28, 06:05 PM
Swarms are boring to watch. And needletooths and comprys are too dinosaur like.

ken
2011-03-31, 01:53 PM
Of course - there is the pack of dire wallabies X used on O'Chul...

MoonCat
2011-03-31, 02:03 PM
Tarquin would probably kill to get his hands on O-chul for gladiatorial fights.

Zerg Cookie
2011-03-31, 03:01 PM
I'm willing to provide people to kill :smallbiggrin:
O-Chul as a gladiator? GIEF

MoonCat
2011-03-31, 03:07 PM
What is GIEF?

Zerg Cookie
2011-03-31, 03:09 PM
Some form of "give"

Lord Bingo
2011-03-31, 03:31 PM
I imagine he could always douse the arena in water turning it into a mud bath and have 100 female slaves fight scantly clad or even naked. The last one standing gets her freedom... -NOT!

He could probably also pull a Noah on the place and put two of each animal in the arena to see what comes out on top. Call it an evolutionary experiment to see who is the fittest.

A Death Race could be fun too!

Zerg Cookie
2011-03-31, 03:33 PM
Actually, a gladiator battle on floating platforms could be neat.
Must investigate further :P

slayerx
2011-03-31, 03:46 PM
Swarms are boring to watch. And needletooths and comprys are too dinosaur like.
Swarms as in bugs would be boring, but not swarms of small predatory animals... They would tear fighters apart bit by bit in a truly agony. fighters would fight and kill some but its only a matter of time until they are slowly picked to death by the swarm

Filling the arena with water would give more options of ways to kill people... shark filled waters sounds classic, and i would be fond of unleasing a kraken... though might go for a giant squid or dark tentcles... kraken might be TOO big; don't want it attacking the VIP box

Dvandemon
2011-03-31, 10:52 PM

Make it so that the platforms can passed through. The gladiators can use various items such as a fan, +3 Greatclub that acts as a +10 when used for a power attack and a Brilliant Energy longsword (don't ask how they applied it like that); small ceramic stands that cast Summon Monster I when broken ad hominem. He really should get an announcer for this kind of thing

Mutant Sheep
2011-04-01, 12:29 AM
Why would Tarquin care about the Allasaurous being shown too much? Well, since Tarquin is Girard, and Girard is the snarl, its because he doesnt want anyone to catch onto his evil plan with a Snarl-ified allosuarous. OR he could put a halfling, a pebble, and a wimpy eye of fear and flame in a room with hidden cameras and see what happens. :smalltongue:
I would put imput on the floating platform thing, but I know nothing about D&D beyond what OOTS has taught me. :smallbiggrin: Sounds cool though, too bad we will never see it.

Zerg Cookie
2011-04-01, 02:30 AM
Or maybe he wants the crowd to go all "wut" when the Allo is released and not "Yeah well, w/e"

I believe he actually said that