PDA

View Full Version : Good old fashioned dungeon crawl [IC] [Party #2]

sazzer
2011-03-28, 03:27 PM
You've heard stories about this place. Rumours of the dangers that lie under the innocuous looking hillside, and the treasures that lie inside. Some say it's nothing more than an old cave system that some beasts have set up residence in. Others say it's actually the crypt of an age old draconic lord, the likes of which haven't been seen in the world for centuries.

Whatever the truth behind this place, you are here now and will find out for yourself, or die trying...

After a couple of days trek from the nearest village, you find yourself at the hillside itself. By now you are almost beginning to wonder if the place is real or is as much a legend as what is meant to be inside. After arriving, and searching around for a bit you find a stone doorway built into the ground, heavily overgrown. Prying the door open reveals stairs down into a dark shadowy corridor, which itself comes to an end after what looks like 10 to 15 feet...

RaggedAngel
2011-03-28, 03:38 PM
Seria looks down the passageway with unease. The halfling woman stretches, her loose clothing unrestricting and only moderately covering. She smiles at the group, though she is clearly a bit nervous. "I suppose you should go first, Anton. I'll follow just behind you until we're sure there aren't any traps."

She nods to the larger people. "Hopefully we will have steady luck with the entrance. I am far better at entering and exiting when the inhabitants do not know that I am there. Well, at least it worked like that at the monastery."

Seria (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=286026)
Female Lawful Neutral Halfling Monk, Level 1, Init +4, HP 8/8, Speed 20ft.
AC 18, Touch 18, Flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +6, Base Attack Bonus 0
Unarmed Strike +5 (1d4, x2)
(+4 Dex, +1 Size, +3 Misc)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 19, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 17, Cha 9
Condition None

Umbranar
2011-03-28, 03:51 PM
Anton looks down into the darkness beyond the passage way.

"About time we found the place, was worried they would catch up with us."

Anton looks at the rest and last to the Halfling:

"Cover my back and stay alert"

Moving slowly looking for traps on the stairs and near the stairs.
Search check: [roll0]
Note: Darkvision 70 ft and another +2 on search for stone related traps due to stonecunning.

sazzer
2011-03-28, 03:58 PM
You carefully make your way down the stairs and to the end of the short passageway ahead of you. The floor under your feet is covered in broken, uneven flagstones, but the walls look solid enough. The entire area is coated in shadow, making it difficult to see more than a couple of dozen feet ahead of you.

When you reach the end of the passageway, you have a solid stone door to your immediate right, and the corridor leads away to your left for about 20 feet before turning away again.

Umbranar
2011-03-28, 04:04 PM
Anton looks left first and then starts to check out the door for traps

Search check: [roll0]

After he checked the door he looks to the party.
"I suggest we take the door first, might be treasure behind." ,he says with a growing smile on his face. "Dont see any traps" he looks at Starronal "After you"

sazzer
2011-03-28, 04:06 PM
You examine the door and can see no sign of any traps on it.

Doomboy911
2011-03-28, 04:10 PM
Jack takes his crowbar off his back. "Shall we tear it off or be gentle?"

vikingofdoom
2011-03-28, 05:08 PM
Star (as he will henceforth be called in my posts, and can be called as a nickname) goes up to the door, takes the crowbar from Jack, and forces open the door, pushing with all his might and fury, throwing himself against the crowbar, continuing until it opens. When it gives, he calls for the others: "Come now, my friends, let the spirits protects us as we search for treasure.

If there are any enemies inside (spot check [roll0] to see them) he charges forward, counting on the magical spirits he has woven to protect him.

OOC: Take 20 to push open the door, get 24.

sazzer
2011-03-28, 05:26 PM
You lean on the door, and it swings open under your weight revealing a large room - 55'x55' - behind. Before you even see into the room, the first thing you notice is the horrible smell that is coming from it - a cross between rotten flesh and something much worse. The ceiling of the room has a large number of stone stalactites hanging down from it, but otherwise the room seems to be of similar construction to the corridor you have just come from. There are lamps set into the walls, such that the outsides are reasonably brightly lit but the center of the room is in shadow. Piled against the northern wall (You entered from the south-east) are a number of broken shields and weapons, and standing over them is the re-animated remains of a Troglodyte warrior.

The Troglodyte zombie hasn't seen you

vikingofdoom
2011-03-28, 05:43 PM
Star signals for the other to hit the zombie with any ranged attacks they have, taking a defensive position. As soon as the attacks go off, he charges into the fray, slicing at the zombie with his sickle.

Attack: [roll0], damage [roll1], AC is 16 for the first turn.

Doomboy911
2011-03-28, 06:02 PM
(Sorry misread thought they were torches) Jack pulls out his guitar and begins to play.

Everyone gets a plus one to resisting charm and fear effects along with attack rolls.

RaggedAngel
2011-03-28, 09:29 PM
Seria breathes deeply and follows the much larger human into the fray, charging as well, and finishing with a swift kick to the horrible monster. She moves far more quickly than a normal halfling, but her blow lacks the power of a larger person.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

AC 16 this turn from charging.

EDIT- Wow. Just... just wow.

Umbranar
2011-03-29, 03:50 AM
Anton tries to hide in the shadows, slowing his movement to be silent and then trying to move into a flanking position. He pulls out both his short swords while moving.

Hide Check: [roll0]
Move Silent check: [roll1]
Hide and move silent are part of a move, pulling the weapon is my other move action.

sazzer
2011-03-29, 05:44 AM
Star and Seria both charge at the unaware zombie, swinging at it but both falling short in their swings. As they charge in, Jack starts to play some inspiring music to aid his fellow adventurers, which in combination with the attacks disturbs the zombie.

Initiative please.
Troglodyte: [roll0]

Star and Seria are both adjacent to the troglodyte, which is against the north wall. Jack is about 40' away in the doorway, and Anton is about 20' away hidden in the shadows.

Umbranar
2011-03-29, 06:28 AM
Initiative

[roll0]

@Sazzer
Maps! sweet

sazzer
2011-03-29, 06:36 AM
Map

Map at the end of Round 1
http://grahamcox.co.uk/dc/2/Level1Room3Round1.png
Black letters represent the class of the character. Red letters represent monsters
M = Monk = Seria
T = Totemist = Star
R = Rogue = Anton
B = Bard = Jack
T = Troglodyte

vikingofdoom
2011-03-29, 08:44 AM
I five-foot step to the northwest, swinging with my sickle fiercely, yelling "For the Beastlands!"

Umbranar
2011-03-29, 08:54 AM
@viking

you need to roll initiative first mate.

vikingofdoom
2011-03-29, 10:52 AM
Sorry, forgot that as most of my games go with average.

Initiative: [roll0]

Doomboy911
2011-03-29, 02:55 PM
Jack readies himself "For whatever reason I feel like" and takes a look at the nearest lamp to see if it's powered by oil,magic or simply a candle. [roll0]

sazzer
2011-03-29, 03:10 PM
The lamps are oil-burning lamps, inside a glass shell

Doomboy911
2011-03-29, 03:17 PM
Jack gets a wicked smirk on his face "Stand back friends I'll handle this one"

RaggedAngel
2011-03-29, 05:36 PM
Seria recovers from her missed blow rapidly, looking at the lamps and then back over at Jack. "I do not think that that is a good idea!"

Init: [roll0]

Doomboy911
2011-03-29, 05:51 PM
"Yes, I suppose we should hold off on burning this famous place to the ground on the first day.Tomorrow maybe, for now move into flanking position, I'll be there in a second."

RaggedAngel
2011-03-29, 05:56 PM
Seria, reacting the fastest, lets loose a flurry of blows against the monster. As soon as she finishes she quickly moves five feet, away from the creature and Star. "Make sure not to let it land a heavy hit!"

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Umbranar
2011-03-31, 04:30 AM
Actions in advance:

I use a double move action to creep closer.
Still moving silent and trying to stay out of view in the shadows (moving normal speed this round taking a -5 to hide and move silent. Ill try to stay 5 feet away so i can flank easely next turn)
Move silent: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

sazzer
2011-03-31, 06:19 AM
Seria gets one strong hit in on the monster, before slipping out of range, but the zombie just outright ignores you as if it didn't even feel it. Star then slips in and swings but goes wide, whilst Anton sneaks up behind it to support the others. The zombie then takes a bite at Star but goes wide as well.

http://grahamcox.co.uk/dc/2/Level1Room3Round2.png

Initiative order:
Seria @ 23
Star @ 18
Anton @ 17
Jack @ 8
Troglodyte @ 7

vikingofdoom
2011-03-31, 09:36 AM
Star takes another swing at it, calling out to the spirits of the mighty beasts to aid him in battle. While doing so, his body seems to dim, while his mantle glows with renewed radiance.

Shifted 1 point of essentia from Duskling Speed Boost into Lammasu Mantle

EDIT: Forgot Bardic Music boost, attack is now 18, damage is 9.

Umbranar
2011-03-31, 10:21 AM
Anton creeps closer to the creature and sticks it with both short swords aiming for the kidneys.

Trying to sneak attack since i dont have knowledge religion. Since this fails on undead here are my rolls and normal damage:
+1 from the bardic...
Main hand [roll0]
Damage MH [roll1]
Offhand [roll2]
Damage OH [roll3]
Slashing Damage

But his swings seem completely uncontrolled...

RaggedAngel
2011-03-31, 12:30 PM
Seria moves forward as well, helping surround the beast. She flips and spins, lashing out at the monster in a flurry of movement, attempting to land another solid hit against it. She is small but moves like lightning, and she lands a powerful kick squarely against the beast. Using her momentum she spins and strikes its side with a fist, connnecting but without as much force as the previous blow.

Seria
Condition None

Attack1: [roll0]
Damage1: [roll1]

Attack2: [roll2]
Damage2: [roll3]

EDIT: +1 to everything from the Bard. I forgot to add that in.

Doomboy911
2011-03-31, 02:21 PM
Jack swings his guitar back onto his back and rushes forward twenty feet diagonally and fires at the zombie "Duck or die"

[roll]1d8+1

sazzer
2011-04-01, 05:55 AM
Seria gets two strong hits on the zombie, but it just ignores them. Star manages to land a strike as well which takes a chunk out it's thigh. Anton and Jack both go wide with their attacks, and the zombie slams into Star in response to the damage it suffered, but misses as well

http://grahamcox.co.uk/dc/2/Level1Room3Round3.png

vikingofdoom
2011-04-01, 07:46 AM
Star lashes out with his sickle, aiming to take advantage of its weakened state.
Attack: (with +2 flanking and +1 bardic Music): [roll0]

Umbranar
2011-04-01, 09:06 AM
Anton swings twice again, again going for the soft spots.

Main hand (+2 flank,+1 bardic music)[roll0]
Damage MH (+1 bardic music) [roll1]
Offhand (same bonusses as MH)[roll2]
Damage OH (+1) [roll3]

Ofc after the Monk and Totemist are done

RaggedAngel
2011-04-01, 11:05 AM
Seria
Condition None

Good to know that I can't hurt this think. I need some slashing weapons. Anyone happen to have some Kama's laying around?

Seria growls in frustration, and it sounds rather frightening, even coming from a small halfling. She lashes out with another flurry of blows, attempting to pound the unlife out of the zombie. She finds herself fighting over the use of weapons; should she lash out with her kamas, or should she continue to use her fists like a true master of combat?

Attack1: [roll0] I added in the Music and the flanking.
Damage1: [roll1]

Attack2: [roll2]
Damage2: [roll3]

Doomboy911
2011-04-01, 04:22 PM
Jack moves another twenty feet closer "Eat flint".

1d20

Doomboy911
2011-04-01, 04:27 PM
(Won't let me roll. [roll0] Jack pushes his rapier off his belt for his fine monk friend.

sazzer
2011-04-01, 04:33 PM
Everyone is attacking the zombie now, but the only person to land a hit - Seria - has it shrugged off whilst the zombie goes after Star again, this time landing a hit that actually does some damage.

http://grahamcox.co.uk/dc/2/Level1Room3Round4.png
[roll0]
[roll1]

Star takes 6 hp of damage after the DR. That's the first hit this thing has landed on anyone through two encounters!

vikingofdoom
2011-04-01, 06:06 PM
Feeling the immense pain from the attack, Star lashes out with the ferocity of a cornered beast, shouting out "The great spirits guide my strike! Death to my enemies!"

My AC against evil creatures is 20, if that ever is an issue.

RaggedAngel
2011-04-01, 08:50 PM
I just realized that I forgot to buy items for Seria. If it's alright, I'm going to do that now. I apologize; this is the first time I've ever forgotten to do that, and I'm going to blame it on being level 1. :smallredface:

Seria (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=286026)
Kama (2) +5 (1d4, x2)
Shuriken (10) +5 (1, x2)
Conditions
Inspire Courage
Flanking

Seria's inability to harm the creature finally breaks her will, forcing her to resort to a blade to slash the beast. She hated using weapons; they suggested that her martial prowess was somehow subpar, that she was not a true master of the arts. However, in this situation, not using her tools could get a friend killed.

She draws one of her kamas and attacks with it.

Umbranar
2011-04-05, 04:18 AM
Anton keeps standing in a flanking position, hoping his blades will strike true this time. Inspired by bards song he swings again with both weapons.

Mainhand: [roll0]

Offhand: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

sazzer
2011-04-05, 02:58 PM
Star, Seria and Anton all strike the creature, with Anton's final blow dropping it to the floor in a broken pile.

Umbranar
2011-04-05, 03:13 PM
Anton looks at the corpse and then to his allies.

"Bah the pokes in the kidneys didnt work at all, wander if he even has them still. Anyway This took us long enough, lets look it this chamber hold anything worthwhile."

Search check on the corpse: [roll0]
Search check for goodies in the chamber: [roll1]

sazzer
2011-04-05, 04:13 PM
The body itself has nothing of interest on it. The chamber itself has a number of lamps around the wall, and a pile of old broken shields and weapons against the north wall. There doesn't appear to be anything salvageable in the pile however...

Doomboy911
2011-04-05, 05:28 PM
"Good job team, Anton if you'd be so kind as to search the darkness, Seria you seem troubled. If your able and willing could you collect the lanterns from the walls and Star as you're the bloody nastiest of us all could you watch the door." Jack picks his rapier up "I'll help you collect the lights"

RaggedAngel
2011-04-05, 05:55 PM
Seria tosses one of her kamas up in the air and catches it, then replaces it on her belt. She shakes out her hands, and composes herself.

"So. Where to now?"

sazzer
2011-04-05, 06:06 PM
In the south-east corner of the room - heading east - is the door you came through, and in the North-west corner - heading north - is another solid wooden door

Umbranar
2011-04-05, 07:52 PM
"Hows that wound of yours Star?" Anton asks during his search.

After learning that there is nothing interesting in the room, Anton moves over to the other doors. He checks the door for traps, then he puts his ear to the door and listens.

Search: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Disable Device (if there is a trap) [roll2]

Doomboy911
2011-04-05, 08:02 PM
"Right you guys search around I'll cover my own agendas" Jack begins to search through the pile of weapons setting them aside in different piles.

vikingofdoom
2011-04-05, 08:41 PM
"I'll live another day. The little beastie tried to get me, but couldn't handle my capabilities. I'll cover the door for you, keeping looking for anything that could help me out in this state." Star moves to the door, and prepares to open it when everybody's ready. Concentrating for a moment upon reaching the door, he reverts back to the pattern of light on him at the beginning of the battle (moves 1 essentia from mantle to speed).

sazzer
2011-04-06, 06:36 AM
You can't find any traps on the door at all, and listening at it you can't hear anything through the wood at all...

Umbranar
2011-04-06, 07:11 AM
Anton gives the "all-clear" for the door, positioning himself next to it against the wall, this way he might be able to remain unseen to whatever may be on the other side.

Doomboy911
2011-04-08, 05:11 AM
"Right lets proceed then" Jack starts shoving the pile into his chest (if the stone door came off the wall he'll drag that with him) "Remember boys and girl not all the treasure is in the chests" On the way to the door he'll smash a lamp just for fun.

RaggedAngel
2011-04-08, 12:30 PM
Seria sighs. "Why did you do that? That was foolish, rash, and indicative of a weak mind, bard. By randomly and wantonly shattering a lamp you have created a loud noise, possibly alerting others to our presence. Furthermore you have destroyed a possible light source, and the last time I checked-" she glares at him- "Most of us need light to see. So, tell me, why are you attempting to get us all killed?"

Doomboy911
2011-04-08, 02:21 PM
"Madame I must first say that was not random I intended to smash that, by alerting monsters of our presence I make it so we fight while we're not weighed down by gold, also if we can not handle these monsters than it was not meant to be. Also we have someone who can see in the dark and by removing a light source we give our rogue an advantage. My apologies though" Jack says going on one knee. "I'm also a little crazy"

RaggedAngel
2011-04-08, 09:22 PM
Seria is a bit taken aback by the random, but sincere apology. She tilts her head to one side, and replies cautiously. "Er, it's no matter, really. I was simply concerned that you were causing destruction for the mere sake of it, which is a bit too, er, foolhardy for my tastes. I'm glad to hear your reasoning, however, though I must agree that you are a bit mad." She seems assuaged.

Umbranar
2011-04-09, 08:55 AM
Anton look furious to Jack.
"You must be completely insane!" he hisses. "We dont need random stupidity, it could alert them! Now keep quiet so we dont alert them or the remaining monsters in this dungeon"

After glaring for a little longer he turns his attention back to the door, nodding at Star to open the door.

Doomboy911
2011-04-09, 07:58 PM
Jack gets back up brushing the dust from his knee. "Enough talking to the madman than. Let's proceed." Standing beside the door "After you Anton" eyes focused on him.

Umbranar
2011-04-10, 04:58 AM
Seeing Star is taking on the passive role, Anton opens the door slightly and peeks into the room beyond.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

sazzer
2011-04-10, 05:54 AM
The door swings open easily enough, and a corridor leads off from it into the darkness, going due north. You can't see far enough into it to make out the end from where you are, but you hear something coming from that direction. You can't make out what it could be from here though, except that it sounds like one creature moving around.

Umbranar
2011-04-10, 05:18 PM
"Keep quiet, there is something out there." Anton says to the rest, then he sneaks down the corridor staying in the shadows.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silent: [roll1]
Remember 70ft darkvision

sazzer
2011-04-10, 05:21 PM
Your darkvision allows you to see that 50' ahead of you the corridor ends in a T junction, with passages heading east and west. From where you are you can't see what's round the corners ahead of you.

Umbranar
2011-04-11, 09:04 AM
I continue to sneak forward and peek around the corner.

sazzer
2011-04-12, 06:31 AM
As Anton peers round the corner, something strikes him in his back from behind but bounces straight off the leather of his armour into the wall.

I really should stop rolling dice for you guys! Then again, a critical miss on the surprise attack isn't exactly good either...
Spot: [roll0]

Umbranar
2011-04-12, 09:51 AM
Anton turns around, forsaking his stealth since he is already spotted.
With his two swords in hand he takes a defensive posture.

i guess initiative is in order: [roll0]

RaggedAngel
2011-04-12, 07:50 PM
Seria begins to hurry forward at the first signs of danger.

Init: [roll0]

Doomboy911
2011-04-12, 08:06 PM
"Watch out Anton it's one of them" Jack unsheathes his cane revealing the hidden blade. [roll0]

sazzer
2011-04-13, 06:50 AM
http://grahamcox.co.uk/dc/2/Level1Encounter1Round1.png
Initiative order:
Star @ 19
Anton @ 18
Monster @ 17
Seria @ 8
Jack @ 7

You don't have to worry about posting in order unless your action is going to depend on what somebody else does. Post as and when you can and I'll sort out the order of events.

Umbranar
2011-04-13, 04:49 PM
"No its not one of them, but it will sure die like one."

Anton swings both his weapons at the creature hoping to slice it open. He is not in the proper spot to hit this jerk in the weak spots though.

Full round attack
MH: [roll0]
OH: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Free Action: 5 Ft step west.
By the way, what am i looking at?

Doomboy911
2011-04-13, 05:53 PM
"How he can tell the difference is completely beyond me"

vikingofdoom
2011-04-13, 08:36 PM
Star, hearing the battle breaking out, charges forward, moving to the square directly next to Anton. Taking up position there, he asks of Anton: "One of what things?"

OOC: Shifts one point to Lamasua Mantle from Speed boost (+1 to saves, -5 foot move speed).

Doomboy911
2011-04-19, 05:27 AM
Jack gets a mischievous look on his face " A moment lady and gentlemen I have a plan" he heads out into the other room to fetch a lamp.

sazzer
2011-04-21, 07:00 AM
The Homunculus bounced off of Antons armour and into the wall, leaving it temporarially stunned. Anton takes the advantage here to swing wildly at it with both weapons, catching it with one down it's arm. Everybody else can hear the noises but can't see what's going on clearly and so are rushing around to reposition themselves. In the meanwhile the homunculus pulls itself back up off the floor and bites at Antons ankles, but missing in the chaos.

RaggedAngel
2011-04-21, 11:27 AM
Seria charges forward and attacks if she can manage to reach the thing, as crowded as the hallway is. If she can't reach it she'll tumble to a more advantageous position.

Tumble: [roll2]

vikingofdoom
2011-04-21, 02:56 PM
Star lashes out with his sickle, aiming to catch the creature across the chest with the blade.