PDA

View Full Version : Teleporting Acrobat

LibraryOgre
2011-03-28, 04:15 PM
So, in 4e Essentials rulebook, it says that when you teleport from prone, you land prone.

Can someone with Acrobatics finesse this? Say, Teleport but purposely land 1 or 2 squares "high", using acrobatics to land standing?

Hzurr
2011-03-28, 04:34 PM
I'd be the DM's call, but I'd allow it. Make it, say, a moderate Acrobatics DC?

Nu
2011-03-28, 04:43 PM
So, in 4e Essentials rulebook, it says that when you teleport from prone, you land prone.

Can someone with Acrobatics finesse this? Say, Teleport but purposely land 1 or 2 squares "high", using acrobatics to land standing?

By RAW, it should be legal, and it doesn't seem that big of a stretch to me. Though I might call foul on only 1 square up, as that's a big gaming the system.

Surrealistik
2011-03-28, 05:15 PM

As per the RAW, yes.

Kurald Galain
2011-03-28, 05:32 PM
Can someone with Acrobatics finesse this?
By RAW, no. An acrobatics check prevents you from becoming prone, but does nothing if you're already prone.

Surrealistik
2011-03-28, 06:12 PM
Yeah true, 'creature falls prone when it lands unless it somehow takes no damage from the fall' as per the Rule Compendium.