PDA

View Full Version : Rokugan game; In the shadows

Kaim_the_angel
2011-03-28, 05:05 PM
All of you have been called to this location for one reason or another. You are stood by a small building in the middle of a forest, abnormally out of the way.
Its a cold winters day, but the snow is light on the ground, the nearby pond has frozen over and cherry blosoms are scattered over the snow, you have all gathered in the garden by the building waiting for some sign of what to do next.
Character introductions essesntually

Samfool
2011-03-28, 05:24 PM
Fluttering around the snow covered trees, Bodukan and the two other birds encircling each another.

Janos1
2011-03-28, 05:55 PM
Hoju approaches the icy pond, and observes the cherry blossoms scattered atop, he stands there, with a tranquil smile on his face, seemingly admiring the natural beauty of his surroundings as he takes in the landscape.

Harvest
2011-03-28, 06:33 PM
As he enters the garden, Katsuo makes note of all the entrances, exits, and possible ambush points. It was a habit. He had to mentally logged all these things before he could ease up a bit. He notices the others and makes mental notes on them as well.

hayabusa
2011-03-28, 08:00 PM
The light snow on the ground crunches underneath Yukitaka's booted feet as he walks into the clearing. He looks around the area as he removes his helmet. His hair is cropped short with a slight topknot. As he steps a bit closer, you can see that his gray armor is adorned with the mon of the Crane clan, the Asahina family in particular.

He looks about to the rest of the group, taking special attention at Kazuo as he studies the area. "My name is Asahina Yukitaka," he states. "I believe that I was supposed to meet someone here. Perhaps one of you?"

Sir_Chivalry
2011-03-28, 10:07 PM
A grungy looking man approaches, a ronin dressed in the manner of a Crab clansman, katana and waikazashi hanging from his belt and a bow slung across his back. He leans on a naginata as he walks.

"Greetings." he says, with a small bow.

stainboy
2011-03-29, 10:23 AM
A powerfully-built youth leans against a tree. Patchwork armor, naginata across his back, dirt under his fingernails, cloth bandage around his right forearm. Doing his best to project lackadaisical confidence, but eyeing the two samurai carefully.

He quirks an eyebrow and returns the bow, bowing low enough to hide a confused smirk.

As I understand it, peasants don't bow to samurai and there's no clear etiquette on how anyone treats ronin. Kazuya knows bowing is kind of impertinent but doesn't know what else to do.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-03-29, 12:21 PM
Actually peasants are expected to bow to samurai, as they are All of noble birth, and by that are all noble, not to bow to them is a grave insult, no-one bows to Ronin unless being polite as they are widly acknolweged as having a lower social standing than others, being clannless. NInjas "officially" don;t exist and therefore would probably been seen as a peasant, and shujengas are of the samurai class and should be bowed to. Always kneel to a superior, and remember it is customary for people to present gifts to superiors the first time they meet, just a few heads up, if you have more social questions chuck them on the OOC thread
It is fairly late in the day and you are the only people here, the building, whilst open is empty, you would assume they may be running late.

hayabusa
2011-03-29, 02:28 PM
Yukitaka nods to Kakita, acknowledging the bow. He stands silently for a while, waiting for anyone else to speak or for the person he was supposed to meet to show up or reveal themselves.

Harvest
2011-03-29, 02:45 PM
Katsuo takes notice at the man talking to him, obviously a samurai. He bows, as is custom for a lower class to do. While still bowing he says "I am Danjō Katsuo, It is my honor, sir. However, I too, am here to meet someone."

Samfool
2011-03-29, 03:29 PM
Bodukan chirps and flies over to the group of people, landing on a nearby house or statue. The two birds following closely.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-03-29, 06:24 PM
As Bodukan lands he feels heavy wings beating the air nearby, you see a crow flying in, a black sillouette in the white sky.
It lands by the sparrows, aparantly watching them for a while before another flies in, followed by another and another and another, soon enough there are 20 crows perched on the small buidings roof, silently watching you all. In fact you belive groups of them are studying people induvidually.

hayabusa
2011-03-29, 06:35 PM
Yukitaka nods at Katsuo. "Thank you," he says, still keeping slightly aware of all the others in the area with him.

The Crane samurai looks puzzled as the crows begin descending around the group, a finger instinctively closing around the hilt of his katana before leaving it.

"An omen, perhaps?" he whispers.

Samfool
2011-03-29, 06:44 PM
"Hello." Bodukan says in.. bird, "Why are you all together like that?"

Janos1
2011-03-29, 07:25 PM
Noticing the various personalities behind him, Hoju turns and walks towards the group, stopping at an appropriate distance, he looks at the crows "Birds like these usually migrate in this weather..perhapse they were sent by our employers to signal their arrivals" Hoju says as he scratches his head quizziccaly.

he then turns to the rest of the group, "Ah, forgive my rudeness, I am Hoju-Chuda, and I am also here to meet someone" he says with a warm smile, he eyes the empty building "Perhaps it would be better if we went inside, it is chilly out here afterall" he states as he folds his arms and appears to shiver.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-03-30, 07:26 AM
The crow bodukan talks to turns it's head sharply black eyes focusing on the small sparrow, as if sizing it up. Suddenly it caws and begins flapping its wings, as do all the others, the force of the updraft force Bodukan and his birds from the roof.
As the crows beat their wings feathers begin to fly out, a enourmous amount in fact, the feathers mix with the floating cherry blossms, coilessing into a pink and black swarm which begins to form a spiral in front of the building an intense wind picks up, forcing Bodukan to the ground snow begins to fly from the ground.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-03-30, 07:37 AM
The crow bodukan talks to turns it's head sharply black eyes focusing on the small sparrow, as if sizing it up. Suddenly it caws and begins flapping its wings, as do all the others, the force of the updraft force Bodukan and his birds from the roof.
As the crows beat their wings feathers begin to fly out, a enourmous amount in fact, the feathers mix with the floating cherry blossms, coilessing into a pink and black swarm which begins to form a spiral in front of the building an intense wind picks up, forcing Bodukan to the ground snow begins to fly from the ground.

Hattori's hand is on his sword before he thinks of it, waiting for the threat that may be coming now.

Samfool
2011-03-30, 08:22 AM
Bodukan, realizing that this could not be the best place to be, flutters toward the biggest, badest meat-shield he could find and lands on his shoulder.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-03-30, 08:42 AM
The swarm explodes, feathers fly out in all directions and a roar breaks over the wind. Now stood before the building is an oni, club raised in anger, around its feet are six small green creatures joining in its rage filled screams.

hayabusa
2011-03-30, 08:57 AM
Yukitaka's hand rests on his blade as the swarm of crows explodes into the shape of an oni and the green creatures. He's somewhat frightened by the sight, as all of the other opponents he's faced (though there had been few) had all been human.

"What are you here for?" he calls out to the oni, not doubting that the creature is hostile but still wishing to make sure.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-03-30, 10:50 AM
Yukitaka's hand rests on his blade as the swarm of crows explodes into the shape of an oni and the green creatures. He's somewhat frightened by the sight, as all of the other opponents he's faced (though there had been few) had all been human.

"What are you here for?" he calls out to the oni, not doubting that the creature is hostile but still wishing to make sure.

The Oni contiues to howl into the air regardless of words, the small green creaures which now look remarably goblin-like turn to face Yukitaka however, one slaps another and points at him, they then all begin to grin, bearing incredibly sharp teeth.

stainboy
2011-03-30, 11:08 AM
Kazuya readies his naginata and edges into position in line with Yukitaka, trying to cover at least one of the green creatures with his reach if they charge.

hayabusa
2011-03-30, 11:18 AM
Seeing that his suspicions were well-founded, Yukitaka pulls the katana out of its sheath and holds it in front of him in a defensive position. He eyes the goblins and the large oni, ready to strike out at the first one of them that makes a hostile move towards him, or those near him.

Harvest
2011-03-30, 02:31 PM
Katsuo attempts to slip into the background, away from the group, so that he is at least unnoticed. Oni's are not what he signed up for, for now, he would let the other fight it, and then strike when the moment was right.

Hide
[roll0]

Move silently.
[roll1]

Janos1
2011-03-30, 04:22 PM
Hoju quickly casts Protection of shunsei on himself, he will then calmly withdraw his wakizashi and wait.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-03-30, 05:38 PM
The oni ceases roaring, and lowers its club surveying the area, the creatures around its feet stop pointing for a moment to look up at the oni expectantly.
Slowly its head stops turning and its ears ruffle for a moment, suddenly its head flicks around to Katsuo's location, close enough to almost be looking at him, it speaks in a low reasonating voice, "The little ant trys to crawl away, Masuro will crush your head into dust with his bear hands" a creul grin appears as he turns and heads in Katsio's direction passed listen, failed spot The creatures look back at him for a moment, then begin giggling and turn to face the samurai again they bear there teeth, and begin to move forward.
Each set of creatures will be close enough to affect PC's in 1 round"

Harvest
2011-03-30, 06:31 PM
As far as everyone else was concerned, he was just an ordinary man.

Katsuo eyes widen as he stares at the Oni approaching him. Hi mouth opens. "SCARY!" he shouts as he turns tails and runs, flailing his arms about to further credit that he is terrified. As he runs, he looks for a place that would allow him to sink into the background.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-03-30, 06:40 PM
As far as everyone else was concerned, he was just an ordinary man.

Katsuo eyes widen as he stares at the Oni approaching him. Hi mouth opens. "SCARY!" he shouts as he turns tails and runs, flailing his arms about to further credit that he is terrified. As he runs, he looks for a place that would allow him to sink into the background.

As you shout the oni locks onto you, eyes widening smile growing, "RUN LITTLE ANT!!MASURO WILL CATCH YOU AND DEVOR YOU!!" as you are in a forest there are a million places to hide, you just need to break its line of sight, unfortunatly he is focused on you

Harvest
2011-03-30, 06:53 PM
Dashing to the left, he quickly moves behind a tree. Katsuo slips on his Nekodes, and begins to climb up the tree.

climb
[roll0]

hide
[roll1]

move silently
[roll2]

Kaim_the_angel
2011-03-30, 07:02 PM
You scarper up the tree with little hastle, the oni hot on your trail, unfortunatly as he was already watching you intently he sees you move behind the tree and vanish.
"so the ant is a monkey!" he calls as he swings his club into a section of the tree line.
please roll a single d20

Harvest
2011-03-30, 07:07 PM
ookay, here ya go. Also, if I get the chance, Katsuo would try to jump to another tree.

[roll0]

Kaim_the_angel
2011-03-30, 07:11 PM
That was what I like to call a luck check :)
Unfortuanatly he swings almost directly at the tree Katsuo is hiding in,beneath him the tree crumbles away as the club breaks it in half, as you fall the Oni catches a glimpse of you and begins laughing, a sound so loud the nearby trees begin to shake, the others in the group can see his actions but he is blocking their line of sight to you.
Tumble check please, you have fallen 15 feet

Harvest
2011-03-30, 07:15 PM
Tumble check
[roll0]

Kaim_the_angel
2011-03-30, 07:20 PM
The blow surprises you, not susspecting he would guess where you were so quickly you are not prepared for the fall, you crash to the ground amongst the ruined trees taking [roll0] damage and the oni stands over you holding it's club over its head
TIME TO DIE LITTLE ANT!! it bellows, the whole party can now see your prediciment.
Other members actions now

hayabusa
2011-03-30, 07:47 PM
Seeing one of his companions being chased off into the forest by the large Oni, Yukitaka rushes towards the demon, katana slicing through the air.

1d20+5
1d10=1

hayabusa
2011-03-30, 07:50 PM
Sorry for the double post, got confused with another board that the die roller was used after you post.

[roll]1d10=1

Kaim_the_angel
2011-03-30, 07:52 PM
Seeing one of his companions being chased off into the forest by the large Oni, Yukitaka rushes towards the demon, katana slicing through the air.

You avoid the smaller creatures by sprinting around them, although one of them breaks off you follow you, quickly closing the relativly short distance between you and the oni quickly bringing your blade around in an arc towarsd its back.
Unfortunatly the small creature behind you attacks at that moment, missing, but throwing you off balance, the blade of your katana dancing through the air.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-03-30, 09:03 PM
Hattori watches all of this, his hand still on his katana.

Samfool
2011-03-30, 09:34 PM
Bokudan flies over to Hattori and sits on his shoulder.

Who are these demons?

stainboy
2011-03-30, 09:45 PM
Kazuya tenses his legs and surges forward, slamming his body into the green creature on Yukitaka, trying to drive it back so Yukitaka can continue the chase.

Charging Minotaur maneuver, pushing up to 10' if I roll high enough, to move it to the edge of my threatened area (reach weapon) and move its threatened area off Yukitaka.

Strength check, +2 for charging: [roll0]
Damage if I win the opposed check: [roll1]

Kaim_the_angel
2011-03-31, 01:00 AM
Kazuya tenses his legs and surges forward, slamming his body into the green creature on Yukitaka, trying to drive it back so Yukitaka can continue the chase.

Charging Minotaur maneuver, pushing up to 10' if I roll high enough, to move it to the edge of my threatened area (reach weapon) and move its threatened area off Yukitaka.

Strength check, +2 for charging: [roll0]
Damage if I win the opposed check: [roll1]

You charge up and hurl the goblinoid creature from Yukitaka's back, as the creature lands and snarls at you, your Naginata has already piereced its chest, killing it instantly.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-03-31, 01:39 PM
Please roll for Initative :smallsmile:

stainboy
2011-03-31, 03:45 PM
[roll0]

...Although I did just take a full-round action, so feel free to say I've already gone this round.

hayabusa
2011-03-31, 03:50 PM
Initiative

[roll0]

Harvest
2011-03-31, 05:04 PM
Initiative
[roll0]

Sir_Chivalry
2011-03-31, 05:20 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Kaim_the_angel
2011-03-31, 05:29 PM
Oni [roll0]
Goblinoids [roll1]

Everyone who beat the 16 (or equaled it) take your actions!

Janos1
2011-03-31, 05:34 PM
Initative

[roll0]

Sir_Chivalry
2011-03-31, 05:50 PM
Everyone who beat the 16 (or equaled it) take your actions!

OOC: Are these enemies flat-footed against Hattori?

Kaim_the_angel
2011-03-31, 05:57 PM
OOC: Are these enemies flat-footed against Hattori?

As a few are coming your way im afriad not

Sir_Chivalry
2011-03-31, 05:58 PM
As a few are coming your way im afriad not

OOC: Okay, clarify for me how they can be coming toward me if I go before everyone else.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-03-31, 06:00 PM
Two of the three goblinoid creatures begin to sprint towards you on all fours, screaming with glee assuming you an easy target as you havent drawn a blade.
keep in mind they were moving forward last turn.
Quote from last page The creatures look back at him for a moment, then begin giggling and turn to face the samurai again they bear there teeth, and begin to move forward.

Spoiler

Janos1
2011-03-31, 06:10 PM
Hoju sees that Katsuo is having trouble with this strange creature, and casts Burn the mind (essentially hypnosis) on it, the Oni gets a DC 14 will save or becomes facinated, in addition to this, it reacts as though it were 2 steps more friendly in attitude towards me, it gets a -2 penalty to its will save because its my only target, and it allows me to make a brief request of the creature

Kaim_the_angel
2011-03-31, 06:24 PM
[roll0]

The Oni Laughs again as it prepares to bring down its club when a small flame flickers across it's face, it's eyes follow it with curiousity as it dances around him, forcing it to look over to Hoji, it looks at you as a stranger, intuiged for a moment, long enough for Hoji to speak

It is now indifferent to hoji

Sir_Chivalry
2011-03-31, 06:57 PM
Two of the three goblinoid creatures begin to sprint towards you on all fours, screaming with glee assuming you an easy target as you havent drawn a blade.
keep in mind they were moving forward last turn.
Quote from last page The creatures look back at him for a moment, then begin giggling and turn to face the samurai again they bear there teeth, and begin to move forward.

Spoiler

But this is still the first round of combat?

Kaim_the_angel
2011-03-31, 07:04 PM
Wereas it is the first round of combat, they are planning to attack you, they can see you etc etc, so they are not flat footed.
But the Oni is considered flat-footed to you, due to it being fasinated and unaware of you,

Harvest
2011-03-31, 07:11 PM
While the Oni isn't paying attention to him, Katsuo tries to scurry away into the shadows the forest, as fast as he can. Being beaten into pulp doesnt' sound very appealing in the slightest.

hide
[roll0]

move silently
[roll1]

Sir_Chivalry
2011-03-31, 07:14 PM
OOC: Rules would disagree (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/initiative.htm) with you there (see heading Flat-footed), my initiative exceeds their's by 8, despite their being aware of me, they are flat-footed.

Hattori dashes forward, unsheathing his blade in a fluid motion, cutting into the closest goblin-creature.

"You have chosen poorly in your target, creatures."
Attack:[roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]
Iaijutsu Focus: [roll2]

I don't want to start on a bad foot here, but we need to get this out of the way now if I'm playing an Iaijutsu Master in the future

Sir_Chivalry
2011-03-31, 07:18 PM
Iaijutsu Focus damage: [roll0]

Kaim_the_angel
2011-03-31, 07:43 PM
Look, this is not the first round of combat, the creatures are not flat-footed mainly due to that rule only applying to the first round, they are reacting normally, the entire last group of actions they were going last. Eg them taking a round to reach you, I'm not trying to start anything here, keep in mind in the rokugan campaign i play at home I play an iaijutsu master, and have a solid grasp of the flat-footed rules, i'm okay to let it go this time but please remeber in the future that iaijutsu is more of a dueling skill, not so much for actual combat, unless you have improved feign.

Hattori's blade leaps from its sheath, cutting one of the creatures down as it pounces towards him, severing its head, Hattori easily avoids the spray of blood and refocuses on the next creature.

As the oni looks away Katsuro quickly blends back into the shadows, the oni paying him no heed as he plans his next move.

Samfool
2011-03-31, 09:03 PM
Bodukan flutters off the samurai's armor. He flies straight into the air to see the whole field of combat.
Move 30ft in the air, overlook the battle field

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-01, 01:25 AM
Bodukan flutters off the samurai's armor. He flies straight into the air to see the whole field of combat.
Move 30ft in the air, overlook the battle field

The fight is on small ground, no two combatants are more than 30ft away from each other. Towards the treeline Katsuo has momentarily vanished and the Oni is stood watching this flame in awe, the samurai have engaged the enemy it would seem, with Hattori currently combating two of these goblins, two of them have moved up to the oni and are preparing to strike, two more of the goblins are running along towards the shugenja., who is stood eyes locked with the oni.

Janos1
2011-04-01, 10:31 AM
Hoju slowly walks towards the Oni, he stops 10 feet in front of it, so that it is within hearing distance. "Leave this place" he states in a calm tone.

Samfool
2011-04-01, 11:31 AM
Well, there is no need for me to stand by and watch the only people who know what is going on to die..

Bodukan thinks, flying down to the demon.

Plus, I HATE Oni

Chirping an ominous song, the tiny bird lands on the shoulder of the fascinated Oni and a light begins to glow out of his eyes. The spot where his feet touched his shoulder began to sizzle and burn the flesh underneath.

Move Action, Fly to the Oni's Space
Standard Action, cast Inflict Light Wounds
[roll0]

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-01, 12:00 PM
The Oni looks down at Hoju complacently
"okay, masuro leave now" it then turns to the forest and begins marching towards the treeline (opposite direction than Katsuo is hiding) when the bird lands on his shoulder chirping mencingly (Somehow :smallbiggrin:)
"Pretty birdie, pretty birdie sing for Masuro" then he stops as his flesh begins to burn, his eyes widen and his nostrils flare as his flesh begins to smoke, his head whips around to the small bird
"BIRDIE BURN MASURO!!! BIRDIE HURT MASURO!!! MASURO HURT BIRDIE!!" he then raises his hand to crush the bird (In his action)

Meanwhile the two goblins reach Hattori, one leaps over the corpse in its way to strike at him with its claws, whilst the other runs under in an attempt to clamp its teeth around his leg
[roll0] claw attack [roll1] poss claw damage
[roll2] bite, [roll3] poss bite damage
Closer to the oni two more of the goblins charge in, taking advantage of Hojus momentary lack of concentration, as they prepare to jump up behind him, they notice the glowing barrier around him [roll4]will roll 1
[roll5] will roll 2
The two goblins shout somthing incompresnsible as they land on the ground behind Hoju, and begin pacing around to the less sheilded members of the party

Samfool
2011-04-01, 12:09 PM
The Oni looks down at Hoju complacently
"okay, masuro leave now" it then turns to the forest and begins marching towards the treeline (opposite direction than Katsuo is hiding) when the bird lands on his shoulder chirping mencingly (Somehow :smallbiggrin:)
"Pretty birdie, pretty birdie sing for Masuro" then he stops as his flesh begins to burn, his eyes widen and his nostrils flare as his flesh begins to smoke, his head whips around to the small bird
"BIRDIE BURN MASURO!!! BIRDIE HURT MASURO!!! MASURO HURT BIRDIE!!" he then raises his hand to crush the bird (In his action)

Miss, and miss!
Nothing like an AC of 24 :smallcool:

Did not realize he could tell him to just.. leave.

Prolly would have wanted him dead anyways.

Bodukan flies away from the group chirping the same creepy melody that injured the dim-witted demon before. Goading him into the forest where he would do damage to the trees who were a lot more resilient than the warriors behind him.

I am sorry old ones, but without these warriors, the whole forest could die..
I must ask this sacrifice of you. He thinks to the trees.

He looks for the biggest clearing he can find, and begins flying around in circles, trying to keep the Oni busy.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-01, 12:11 PM
Miss, and miss!
Nothing like an AC of 24 :smallcool:

Did not realize he could tell him to just.. leave.

Prolly would have wanted him dead anyways.

Bodukan flies away from the group chirping the same creepy melody that injured the dim-witted demon before. Goading him into the forest where he would do damage to the trees who were a lot more resilient than the warriors behind him.

I am sorry old ones, but without these warriors, the whole forest could die..
I must ask this sacrifice of you. He thinks to the trees.

He looks for the biggest clearing he can find, and begins flying around in circles, trying to keep the Oni busy.

Sorry to say those attacks weren't against you, they were the goblins attacking Hattori, the oni's going last.

Samfool
2011-04-01, 12:13 PM
Sorry to say those attacks weren't against you, they were the goblins attacking Hattori, the oni's going last.

Oh >.>
Well, in any case, flying and goading (maybe dropping a deuce onto the demon's head?) is my tactic ^^

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-01, 12:14 PM
Oh >.>
Well, in any case, flying and goading (maybe dropping a deuce onto the demon's head?) is my tactic ^^

Next turn perhaps, :smalleek: providing you are not bird patte :smalleek:

Samfool
2011-04-01, 12:24 PM
Next turn perhaps, :smalleek: providing you are not bird patte :smalleek:

Prolly not, that is tough to hit.

I shoulda stayed in the air though ^^

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-01, 12:39 PM
[roll0] crit against hattori

The first creature to leap is easily avoided by Hattori, who steps aside at the last moment to see it tumble to the ground behind him, before he can finish it though he feels something sharp bite deeply into his leg, he looks down to see one of the creatures attached by the teeth

Janos1
2011-04-01, 02:17 PM
Hoju crosses his arms and relaxes, he will look towards both Kazuya and Yukitaka, who are closest to him "The Oni should leave...once its done with that bird" he says with a smile, he then looks down to the 2 creatures circling him.

"Id very much appreciate it if one of you could eliminate these..things, i'd do it myself but my spell prevents me from raising my hand" he says with a chagrin look

I don't actually know Bokudan is any thing other than a pesky bird, as ive ever heard him talk

hayabusa
2011-04-01, 02:41 PM
I don't know if it's about my turn or not, but I'll just post this round's actions.

Yukitaka breathes a sigh of relief as the goblin harassing him is slain by his new compatriot. The Crane samurai continues after the Oni, hearing the Shugenja's words. He jabs at the demon's leg with his blade.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Sir_Chivalry
2011-04-01, 02:44 PM
NEXT TURN:
Hattori swings his katana down at the goblin, a scowl crossing his face.

Attack: [roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-01, 02:50 PM
I don't know if it's about my turn or not, but I'll just post this round's actions.

Yukitaka breathes a sigh of relief as the goblin harassing him is slain by his new compatriot. The Crane samurai continues after the Oni, hearing the Shugenja's words. He jabs at the demon's leg with his blade.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The Oni shouts out, "NOW LITTLE MAN HURT MASURO!!! MASURO SMASH LITTLE MAN TOO!! the Oni raises his right arm, ready to swing backwards.

OOC: sir_chivalry, you've had your action for the turn, you just have to wait for the warblade and oni

Sir_Chivalry
2011-04-01, 02:52 PM
The Oni shouts out, "NOW LITTLE MAN HURT MASURO!!! MASURO SMASH LITTLE MAN TOO!! the Oni raises his right arm, ready to swing backwards.

OOC: sir_chivalry, you've had your action for the turn, you just have to wait for the warblade and oni

OOC: Sorry, just wanted to post what I was going to do next turn. I'll specify next time. I'm sometimes away all day, so I like to post when I can to keep it moving. Unless the field explodes or something drastic happens, I'll stick to that action. Thanks for the consideration though, I know what you mean.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-01, 02:56 PM
OOC: Sorry, just wanted to post what I was going to do next turn. I'll specify next time. I'm sometimes away all day, so I like to post when I can to keep it moving. Unless the field explodes or something drastic happens, I'll stick to that action. Thanks for the consideration though, I know what you mean.

Ok then, be sure that you do :smallbiggrin:

stainboy
2011-04-01, 04:57 PM
Oh, sorry, thought I'd gone this round!

Kazuya jabs at one of the goblins. He glances over at the oni, looking insulted because the creature is ignoring him. "Hey, demon, you didn't come here to fight a sparrow, did you?" He disengages from the remaining goblin (or two goblins, roll depending) and leaps for the oni.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Moving to the oni.
Sudden Leap manuever, if needed to clear distance. Jump check: [roll2]

stainboy
2011-04-01, 04:58 PM
Ooh, nat 20!

Crit confirm: [roll0]
Damage again: [roll1]

stainboy
2011-04-01, 05:00 PM
Triple-posting like a champ. Forgot naginata is x3 crit. [roll0]

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-01, 05:17 PM
Triple-posting like a champ. Forgot naginata is x3 crit. [roll0]

The blade rips though the goblin with ease as you leap over it towards the oni.

The Oni Howls in anger and brings his right hand down on the shoulder were Bodukan sits
[roll0] to hit, [roll1] damage
as he does this he spins around bringing his club around towards Yukitaka
[roll2] to hit, [roll3] damage
"MASURO CHRUSH!!! MASURO WAS GOING TO LEAVE BUT NOW YOU ALL DIE!!! He howls into the air and begins to march towards the men surrounding him.

Bodukan manages to flit out from under the onis hand at the last moment, but Masuro's club catches Yukitaka in the chest, hurling him backwards.

New actions please

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-01, 05:21 PM
Hattori swings his blade at the goblin lached onto his leg, but the blade bounces from it's hide.

hayabusa
2011-04-01, 06:03 PM
Yukitaka slowly gets up from the ground, coughing slightly as he does. There's a burning pain in his chest, as the bushi thinks that one of his ribs may be slightly cracked. He falls back slightly and concentrates on one of the weaker goblins, knowing that he would stand more of a chance against them, and that the oni would be that much easier to deal with once he is alone.

Combat Info

HP: 14/29

[roll0]
[roll1]

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-01, 06:07 PM
Yukitaka slowly gets up from the ground, coughing slightly as he does. There's a burning pain in his chest, as the bushi thinks that one of his ribs may be slightly cracked. He falls back slightly and concentrates on one of the weaker goblins, knowing that he would stand more of a chance against them, and that the oni would be that much easier to deal with once he is alone.

Combat Info

HP: 14/29

[roll0]
[roll1]

The final creature springs at Yukitaka one last time, claws sweeping to his face [roll0]
[roll1] as it jumps Yukitaka impales it on his Naginata, it dies almost insintiously as it is thrown aside.

Janos1
2011-04-01, 06:09 PM
Hoju watches as Kazuya and Yukitaka charge towards the oni, with a confused look on his face he turns and walks into the open abandoned building, sits down and places his face in his palm, "This is a waste of time"

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-01, 06:12 PM
Hoju watches as Kazuya and Yukitaka charge towards the oni, with a confused look on his face he turns and walks into the open abandoned building, sits down and places his face in his palm, "This is a waste of time"

The oni distracted and the remaining goblins attacking Hattori, nothing offers any resitance to Hoju walking away, as he settles a crow lands next to him, looking at him curiously, then thrusting its head out of the building towards the oni.

Harvest
2011-04-01, 06:27 PM
Katsuo climbs up a tree to get a better view of things.

hide
[roll0]

climb
[roll1]

move silently
[roll2]

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-01, 06:40 PM
Katsuo climbs up a tree to get a better view of things.

hide
[roll0]

climb
[roll1]

move silently
[roll2]

You go completly unoticed by anyone and very slowly begin to move up the tree, missing an occasionaly hand-hold but slowly reaching the top, from your current point you can see all the goblins nearby have been killed, and the oni has flown into a rage, slamming the bushi away with a single swing, you can see the man wearing crab colours preparing to lend his aid in the fight, the shugenja is walking away from the fight with a tired look on his face, you can make little else out in the area due to poor elevation

stainboy
2011-04-02, 01:36 AM
Kazuya lets out a wild shout and throws his weight behind his naginata into the oni, then ducks to the side, diving away but leaving himself dangerously open to attack.

Rabid Wolf Strike
Attack: Damage: [roll]1d10+2d6+4
-4 AC until next turn (AC 11).
Tumble: [roll1]
If I make the Tumble I'm going at least 10 feet out to prevent a full attack. If there's a tree adjacent and behind me, 15' knight-move behind a tree to give cover and block a charge.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-02, 02:55 AM
Kazuya lets out a wild shout and throws his weight behind his naginata into the oni, then ducks to the side, diving away but leaving himself dangerously open to attack.

Rabid Wolf Strike
Attack: Damage: [roll]1d10+2d6+4
-4 AC until next turn (AC 11).
Tumble: [roll1]
If I make the Tumble I'm going at least 10 feet out to prevent a full attack. If there's a tree adjacent and behind me, 15' knight-move behind a tree to give cover and block a charge.

You dive forward into the oni and watch in horror as the blade slides across its thick hide, seeing this you roll backwards retreating behind a nearby tree.

Meanwhile over by hattori the goblins redouble their attacks, the one on his leg seeks to sink its teeth deeper into its mean, where as the on behind wished simply to claw at it.
[roll0] attack bite [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3] claw

The creature biting into hattori increases its grip, looking down you can see blood running freely from the wound, again the other leaps but has its attacks parried by hattori with ease

Samfool
2011-04-02, 11:31 AM
Bodukan chirps in almost a manner that he is laughing

He flies away, high enough where the Oni cannot reach him.

He sends another bird to flutter in his face, distracting him from the other warrior.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-02, 11:54 AM
The oni doesent take to being harrased by a bird, well and attempts to eat it Bite [roll0]
[roll1]

The oni looks at the bird for a moment, and snaps its jaws around it Bodukan hears a final tweet as its bones are crushed into dust and the bird is devored, he then looks up at you "MASURO TIRED OF LITTLE BIRDS ATTACKING MASURO!" you see him breath deeply and then spit at you, what appears to be a large amount of melted copper flies from his mouth towards you

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-02, 12:01 PM
[roll0] [roll1] The burning globule comes scarily close to Bodukan, throwing of his flying pattern as the exess heat from the molten copper burns several of his feather. The Oni seeing this shouts somthing out in giant and vanishes from sight.

stainboy
2011-04-02, 06:14 PM
Kazuya looks around warily from behind the tree, sniffing the air.

Hunter's Stance. Do I still smell oni?

Samfool
2011-04-02, 09:41 PM
Bodukan doesnt like this..

He flies as fast to Hattori and his armored body as he can.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-02, 11:08 PM
Kazuya looks around warily from behind the tree, sniffing the air.

Hunter's Stance. Do I still smell oni?

Yes.......hide check

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-02, 11:09 PM
Bodukan doesnt like this..

He flies as fast to Hattori and his armored body as he can.

As you fly over you notice that hattori is still under attack!

Samfool
2011-04-02, 11:10 PM
As you fly over you notice that hattori is still under attack!

Mind if I send a bird to p*ss off one of the goblins?

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-02, 11:20 PM
Mind if I send a bird to p*ss off one of the goblins?

Not at all but it may meet the same end as the other keep in mind

Samfool
2011-04-02, 11:25 PM
Not at all but it may meet the same end as the other keep in mind

What?

The oni doesent take to being harrased by a bird, well and attempts to eat it Bite [roll0]
[roll1]

The oni looks at the bird for a moment, and snaps its jaws around it Bodukan hears a final tweet as its bones are crushed into dust and the bird is devored, he then looks up at you "MASURO TIRED OF LITTLE BIRDS ATTACKING MASURO!" you see him breath deeply and then spit at you, what appears to be a large amount of melted copper flies from his mouth towards you

Erm.. What? The bird has an AC of 24..

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-02, 11:27 PM
What?

Erm.. What? The bird has an AC of 24..
the creature has a bab of +6

Samfool
2011-04-02, 11:29 PM
the creature has a bab of +6

Then where did the +11 come from? Regardless, I do it. The birds are my guardians, they know the risks.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-02, 11:29 PM
Then where did the +11 come from? Regardless, I do it. The birds are my guardians, they know the risks.

Soory Ill get that right, GOblins +6, oni +11

Samfool
2011-04-02, 11:33 PM
Soory Ill get that right, GOblins +6, oni +11

So first birdie isnt dead =D

Yayyy

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-03, 12:41 AM
So first birdie isnt dead =D

Yayyy

See ooc page, and new actions please :smallbiggrin:

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-03, 03:04 PM
New round of actions please chaps, unless i missed anyone?

Harvest
2011-04-03, 05:23 PM
I'm staying the tree. The others can take care of the everything else.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-03, 05:30 PM
I'm staying the tree. The others can take care of the everything else.

Do you wish to reroll your hide check?

hayabusa
2011-04-03, 06:28 PM
Yukitaka, seeing that the oni has vanished, heads towards the nearest goblin and slices at the vile creature with his blade.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-03, 06:30 PM
Yukitaka, seeing that the oni has vanished, heads towards the nearest goblin and slices at the vile creature with his blade.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Moving up towards Hattori, Yukitaka dispatches the goblin preparing to pounce again, leaving only the one left alive.

stainboy
2011-04-03, 06:57 PM
Yes.......hide check

To clarify I'm not hiding, I just ended my last action using a tree as cover. Waiting a bit to post a new action in case it case it matters.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-04-03, 07:05 PM
Hattori slashes at the goblin clinging to his leg once again, growing steadily more impatient with this fool with each bite.

Attack:[roll0]
Dmg:[roll1]

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-04, 06:00 AM
Again the blade simply cannot dig deep enough into the creature for it to be significantly injured by your blows

stainboy
2011-04-04, 08:24 AM
Skirting carefully around the space where the oni last stood, Kazuya moves to strike at the goblin with a quick jab, but keeps his attention focused behind him.

(Maneuver Refresh)
Move: I'm avoiding the area the oni would have threatened from its old space.
Attack (Expertise -3): [roll0]
AC 18 until next turn.

E: Fixing spoiler tags, but my attack missed.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-04, 08:38 AM
Skirting carefully around the space where the oni last stood, Kazuya moves to strike at the goblin with a quick jab, but keeps his attention focused behind him.

(Maneuver Refresh)
Move: I'm avoiding the area the oni would have threatened from its old space.
Attack (Expertise -3): [roll0]
AC 18 until next turn.

E: Fixing spoiler tags, but my attack missed.

As your blade also scratches across the creaatures hide you notice the oni's stench is still thick in the air, in front of you however the creature, reacting to the attacks upon it self tries to bite even deeper 1d20+6
1d8+2

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-04, 09:00 AM
Dice ballsed up :smalltongue:
[roll0]
[roll1]

The creature releases it's grip for a moment and jumps backwards, hattori momentarily regains his footing as his weakened leg starts to give way causing him to slip in that instant the goblin pounces again, this time its teeth digging deeply into his lreft shoulder, blood gushes from this new wound.
Meanwhile in the hut a man steps out from behind Hoju catching him by surprise, he is stood in the shadows so as his features cannot be distinguesd, "Hoju-san I presume?"

Janos1
2011-04-04, 10:15 AM
Hoju turns his head slightly, with a surprised look on his face "Yes, I am Hoju of clan Chuda...I assume you are the one who brought us all here?" He says, as he eyes the silhoutte figure cautiously.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-04, 10:20 AM
Hoju turns his head slightly, with a surprised look on his face "Yes, I am Hoju of clan Chuda...I assume you are the one who brought us all here?" He says, as he eyes the silhoutte figure cautiously.

The figure steps forward, revaling a man of about 60 with his hair tied back as a pony tail, he wears a armless kimono and a white haorri, a scarf covers the lower part of his jaw. A pair of bracers and black gloves line his arms. The man bows to Hoju
"Greetings Chuda-dono, my name is Osuma-san, I am a servent of the man who brought you here, he will be arriving soon, but he wishes to know why you don't feel the need to fight with the others?", he continues to stand, you see his eyes float over to the commotion outside.

Janos1
2011-04-04, 01:33 PM
Hoju looks at the aged man, "Because I have nothing more to prove, I am well aware that this is a test of our abilities, thus Ive used my own powers to minimal effort in order to ward this creature.."

He then looks towards the small battle "...I demonstrated that I could route a much more powerful foe without bloodshed...even if it was for nothing" he says with a stoic expression, he then turns towards the old man again

"Besides, if I used all of my power on this Oni, I would'nt have enough energy to heal people in the aftermath" he states with a warm smile on his face.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-04, 03:53 PM
Hoju looks at the aged man, "Because I have nothing more to prove, I am well aware that this is a test of our abilities, thus Ive used my own powers to minimal effort in order to ward this creature.."

He then looks towards the small battle "...I demonstrated that I could route a much more powerful foe without bloodshed...even if it was for nothing" he says with a stoic expression, he then turns towards the old man again

"Besides, if I used all of my power on this Oni, I would'nt have enough energy to heal people in the aftermath" he states with a warm smile on his face.

The man looks down at hoju and a small smile appears,
"the master will be impressed with you"

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-06, 03:35 PM

Just waiting on boduakans action
With everyone quickly reaching Hattori, the last goblin is forced off of him and thrown backwards, it snarls at the party and begins to flee into the forest, suddenly you all hear a goblinoid scream from the forest and a sickening crunch.
A few seconds later a tall man steps out of the forest, club balanced on his shoulder, goblin blood dripping from it, he smiles and waves at the group, you reconginse his armour as that of the crab clan.

Harvest
2011-04-06, 03:57 PM
Katsuo slithers from the tree, and shouts to the man in the Crab clan armor: "is... it safe now?"

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-06, 04:00 PM
Katsuo slithers from the tree, and shouts to the man in the Crab clan armor: "is... it safe now?"

The man looks at you and breaks into a wide grin, "yes little man, the monsters are all gone" HE Then begins to stride over towards the group, club still resting on his shoulder

Harvest
2011-04-06, 04:09 PM
"oh good, It was getting rather uncomfortable in that tree." he says with a sigh of relief. He then walks back towards the garden to rejoin the rest of the motley crue.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-06, 04:12 PM
"oh good, It was getting rather uncomfortable in that tree." he says with a sigh of relief. He then walks back towards the garden to rejoin the rest of the motley crue.

The man gestures to hattori,
"Your freind looks beat up, mabye someone should help him?

Harvest
2011-04-06, 04:14 PM
"I don't know what I could do, I'm just a blacksmith. Though, we're he made of steel, I could fix him in now time." he says to the Crab clan warrior.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-06, 04:17 PM
"I don't know what I could do, I'm just a blacksmith. Though, we're he made of steel, I could fix him in now time." he says to the Crab clan warrior.

He breaks into a hearty laugh as the two of you reach the group.
Im afraid Im better at breaking bodies than fixing them" he looks at the assembled samurai, "I dont suppose any of you can help?"

Sir_Chivalry
2011-04-06, 07:16 PM
"Nonsense! I need no assistance!"

Hattori stumbles for a few steps as his leg readjusts to taking his weight. It then gives way after a moment.

"Perhaps a small amount of assistance then."

Samfool
2011-04-06, 09:49 PM
"Nonsense! I need no assistance!"

Hattori stumbles for a few steps as his leg readjusts to taking his weight. It then gives way after a moment.

"Perhaps a small amount of assistance then."

The tiny bird flies over to Hattori's shoulder once more, perching there and singing a sweet song. His eyes glow, and the wounds on Hattori heal up quite nicely.

Cure Light Wounds

[roll0]

hayabusa
2011-04-06, 10:00 PM
Yukitaka gives a slight bow to the approaching Samurai. He knows not the man's status in Samurai society, but errs on the side of caution. "Would I be wrong in assuming that you are the one that summoned us here?" he asks. "If so, I am prepared to help you if you so wish."

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-07, 11:42 AM
Yukitaka gives a slight bow to the approaching Samurai. He knows not the man's status in Samurai society, but errs on the side of caution. "Would I be wrong in assuming that you are the one that summoned us here?" he asks. "If so, I am prepared to help you if you so wish."

The man looks at you for a moment, as if judging you, then smiles again
"Well done you worked that out fast" he points at the hut "shall we?" he offers Hattori a hand whilst looking at bodukan, "Would the birdie like some seeds?" he says opening his other hand like a perch, still beaming happily.

Janos1
2011-04-07, 02:24 PM

Hoju looks at the Crab clan Samurai "This will be interesting" he says with a cheery expression.

Samfool
2011-04-08, 09:57 AM
One of the other birds land on the man's shoulder, tweeting happily.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-08, 11:14 AM
One of the other birds land on the man's shoulder, tweeting happily.

He looks at the bird and smiles as the group begins to wander over to the hut

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-08, 05:34 PM
His eyes wander over to Bodukan, and his smile fades for a moment as he speaks
"So why did that little bird glow I wonder?" he says as he walks behind the group eyes on Bodukan and Hattori, absent mindedly stroking the head of the sparrow on his shoulder.

Suddenly the flapping of wings and an unbearably loud carcopheny of cawing breaks the silence, the skys darken as a huge flock of crows black out the sun, several hundred of them fly down into the clearing causing a tornado of feathers and snow to whip around the area between the party and the hut.

hayabusa
2011-04-09, 04:58 PM
Yukitaka looks at the swarm of crows in the distance getting closer. "I have a feeling that our oni friend has called in some reinforcements," he says. "I feel that they would easily dispatch us if we choose to fight. Is there anywhere we can fall back to?" he asks the old man.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-09, 05:23 PM
Yukitaka looks at the swarm of crows in the distance getting closer. "I have a feeling that our oni friend has called in some reinforcements," he says. "I feel that they would easily dispatch us if we choose to fight. Is there anywhere we can fall back to?" he asks the old man.

The Samurai looks at you for a moment and smiles, suddenly whilst scratching the sparrows head he laughs and snaps the little birds neck with his left hand, with his right he raises the club he carries and Swings for you
1d20+11
[roll0]
Fortunatly your keen reflexes allow you to dodge the vicous blow the samurai throws, in a second movement he brings the club around in a large arc, nor hitting anyone but causing them to back away from him by 5ft.
The Man continues to laugh as he does this, his voice becoming deeper and deeper untill it can be heard over the roar of the crows, before you his form seems to change and grow, two large tusks rip out from his mouth, his skin becomes blood red and his armour is torn off, in a matter of moments Masuro the oni towers over the party, still laughing
"MASURO HAVE YOU ALL NOW!!!" as he raises his club above his head to crush the closest man to him everything suddenly goes quiet.

"You failed my test" a voice rings out, calm and collected but with undeniable stregth behind his words, the oni freezes in place, face twisted in rage and anger as its eyes flick between the group.

Behind you a tall but young man with messy brown hair stands wearing a sharp black legged kimono, a full length Harori covers his arms whilst one of his hands rest in a pocket, his other hand is spread out in the air, gesturing at the oni. At his side a wakazashi is placed within a scabbard, upon his face a black tattoo runs from his right eye. He has the group fixed with an icy glare.

Samfool
2011-04-09, 09:29 PM
Bodukan's eyes flash with anger.

That bird was my guardian, my ally, my friend.

His anger is stifled by the new potential enemy.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-04-09, 09:35 PM
Hattori sheathes his katana very slowly.

stainboy
2011-04-10, 01:39 AM
"Another one?" Kazuya looks around, incredulous. "Any more old men or demons hiding in the bushes?"

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-10, 03:32 AM
He looks over the group for a moment and then at the oni, capturing its gaze he clenches his hand.
MAsuro begins to roar in pain, if only for a moment as his body turns to dust and floats away on the winds.
The man lowers his hand back into his pocket,
"Please lower your weapons" he says, "The fact a few of you still have them drawn is fairly insulting. he then very slightly bows to the group "My name is The Listener and I am the one who called you all here, please step inside the hut, we have much to discuss."

Harvest
2011-04-10, 04:42 AM
Katsuo bows to the man, and follows his orders without speaking, stepping into the tent.

hayabusa
2011-04-10, 08:56 AM
'No, the insult is thinking that we should not have the right to defend ourselves against a demon,' Yukitaka thinks as he bows to the old man and then sheathes his weapon. "I apologize," he says as he follows the Listener into the hut.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-10, 09:05 AM
'No, the insult is thinking that we should not have the right to defend ourselves against a demon,' Yukitaka thinks as he bows to the old man and then sheathes his weapon. "I apologize," he says as he follows the Listener into the hut.

As you think that, the mans head turns to face you as you pass,
"Whilst this is also true Yukitaka-san, please speak your mind around me, I will not be insulted by any thing said." a small smile plays on his lips

Janos1
2011-04-10, 09:39 AM
As you think that, the mans head turns to face you as you pass,
"Whilst this is also true Yukitaka-san, please speak your mind around me, I will not be insulted by any thing said." a small smile plays on his lips

Hoju presents himself from the front of the hut, bowing slightly as he waits for the Listener "You are the one who employed us?" he says with a surprised look on his face

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-10, 09:44 AM
Hoju presents himself from the front of the hut, bowing slightly as he waits for the Listener "You are the one who employed us?" he says with a surprised look on his face

"Am I that unassuming?" he smiles as he walks past, stopping only to bow slighlty to Hoju,
"Greetings Hoju-dono" He says, he then quickly moves over to a table in the hut and is presented a tea-pot by the older man beside him.
"Who would like tea?" he inquires

Sir_Chivalry
2011-04-10, 11:21 AM
Hattori bows to the man, suspecting that his detour from the road was well worth the excitement.

"I am glad to finally have a day where I am not staring at the horizon endlessly."

Samfool
2011-04-10, 12:42 PM
The tiny bird flutters just outside the tent, near the body of his dead friend..

Whomever did this, destroyed that town, and is summoning these demons must pay. Thinks Bodukan

He tweets a sad song and flutters over to the tent, listening in on the conversation.

Harvest
2011-04-10, 01:09 PM
"I would very much like some tea." Said Katsuo in a pleasant manner.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-10, 02:09 PM
The listener calmy pours tea for the group, smiling warmly.After pouring cup for everyone he sips a small amount of his
"Ahhhh, delicious" he smiles for a moment and looks over the group, his smile slowly fades as he takes on a more serious demeanor
"First off, as I said, you failed my first test again he sips his tea and looks over the group for a moment. his eyes fall on an empty seat and he sighs.
"Bokudan, I recommend you get in here before I am forced to remove your powers again..."

Samfool
2011-04-10, 02:16 PM
Bodukan is not surprised..

He transforms outside of the tent, and then walks in with the other bird on his shoulder.

"Hello" The young, gaunt, and frail looking man says, walking into the tent, "I see you have all met my guardians?"

The second bird tweets and flutters toward Hattori, perching on his shoulder just as Bodukan has done before.

"I have been watching from afar, sending my guardians to do my bidding. I am saddened to see one of them have perished.." He somberly states. His eyes dart to the old man as he bows and sits. He tilts his head and simply states, "Who are you?"

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-10, 02:21 PM
Bodukan is not surprised..

He transforms outside of the tent, and then walks in with the other bird on his shoulder.

"Hello" The young, gaunt, and frail looking man says, walking into the tent, "I see you have all met my guardians?"

The second bird tweets and flutters toward Hattori, perching on his shoulder just as Bodukan has done before.

"I have been watching from afar, sending my guardians to do my bidding. I am saddened to see one of them have perished.." He somberly states. His eyes dart to the old man as he bows and sits. He tilts his head and simply states, "Who are you?"

The older man looks at you, then down to the listener who in turn nods
"My name is Osuma, I am the listeners aid"

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-10, 06:15 PM
The listener looks over your group whilst slowly sipping his tea, Eventually after what feels like an eterinty of stress and worry he speaks.
"You have all been called here for one reason or another" he begins "And I had great faith in yours skills and inginuity, but when I send a simple challenge your way you seem unable to work together as a team." he places his cup on the table and looks over the group
"Hattori-san,I commend your bravery for fighting the creatures alone, but next time please be aware that sometimes asking for aid when things are not going your way is not a shameful action" he then shifts his View to Katsuo
"Wereas you didn't exactly show remarkable bravery, at least you had the common sense to view a battle you had no hope winning by playing fair, lets hope next time, the attacker is not an oni" he smiles warmly at you before moving his view to Hoju
"Hoju-dono, I am very impressed with you, an incredibly violent situation appeared and you found a way to deal with it with a remarkable amount of peace, as I said I am very impressed, the plan would have worked as well, but...." he slowly turns his gaze on Bokudan
"You attacked an Oni, that was going to peacefully leave, I say attacked, but moderatly sunburn may be more acurate, I understand your hatred of the Oni race, but please remeber, more often than not discression is the better part of valor. he finally turns his gaze to the remaning warriors
"Wereas you to attacked the oni, you only did after it became enraged again, this is again, understandable, but chances are it would have left you two alone as well, after it had killed Bokudan-chan bird, I commend your bravery, both of you." he then places both hands on the table
It is for those reasons I give you the job you are about to recive, but before I continue are there any questions?

Sir_Chivalry
2011-04-10, 07:14 PM
"I would point out, old man, that the goblin creatures attacked me while I stood apart from the others. Unless you suggest I grow wings to flee or hide in the shadows letting others fight for my entertainment, I fail to see how any of this rabble would have either been of use or aided me."

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-10, 07:19 PM
"I would point out, old man, that the goblin creatures attacked me while I stood apart from the others. Unless you suggest I grow wings to flee or hide in the shadows letting others fight for my entertainment, I fail to see how any of this rabble would have either been of use or aided me."

The listener looks at you with mild amusment
"Very true Hattori-dono, but I did not question your tactics in that fight, I offered advice for future encounters, as you can see I am no warrior, but I have studied the art of war, I am simply trying to help you grow as a warrior. Also, I am anything but an old man, and calling me as such is highly insulting" he places his hand on his lap
""And I belive I commended your braverly, Lord Samurai, I assume you are not offended by such a comment?"

Samfool
2011-04-11, 10:26 AM
Bodukan chuckles a bit at the whole situation.
Who is this man and why has he chosen us?
None of it made sense to him, we are not the warriors this man needs..
There has to be someone better..

"Is that all Osuma?" Bodukan asks, not offended, but almost like he is not taking this seriously, "What is the next step?"

hayabusa
2011-04-11, 10:39 AM
Yukitaka bows at the Listener. "I am not insulted by comments on how I can fight better, sir," he says. "I am just unaccustomed to fighting alongside others than my fellow Crane. It is something I am trying to work harder on."

He then sits and listens intently, every know and then politely sipping a bit of his tea.

stainboy
2011-04-11, 11:47 AM
"There's a mission? I thought someone had gathered all their enemies to have it out with all of them at once. And here I've been trying to remember what I did to you.

"So, Listener-san, what's this job?"

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-11, 05:29 PM
"There's a mission? I thought someone had gathered all their enemies to have it out with all of them at once. And here I've been trying to remember what I did to you.

"So, Listener-san, what's this job?"

The listener looks over you all for a second, his piercing eyes note you all
"Odd you should say about the crane clan Hattori-dono he smiles
"But on to matters at hand, originally I had a different job for you, but I can see you all need a little time to mesh, to work better as team.
You will be acting as Yojimbo's for a small amount of time for an important diplomat of the Crab clan, he is carrying a letter which could end the war between the crab and the crane clans." his eyes flick to certian members of the party
"And we all could benift from that I belive" he pulls a scroll from his sleave and places it on the table, unrolling it into a map
"You will be guiding the man down the Lang Shi river, a little known path with no real threats, minus the odd bandit assault" he looks up
"Nothing you can't handle. That should take three days to traverse, from there you will need to return to the main road and move through a checkpoint under the control of the Lion clan, Osuma will provide you with passes" Osuma begins to walk to each one of you, handing you a small piece of paper with the emporers seal on it.
"Under no circumstances are you to be stopped here, you are on a time limit to get this man to his destination. Next you will travel west along the same road untill you reach a town called Rooks nest, you are to wait here for a further 3 days, then the man will be picked up by another group and taken to the meeting, make no attempts to follow. This jorney should take a week, you then have another week to make it to the temple upon the Yang-gi mountian, I will have a man meet you there for your reward. The listener stops, and looks upon the map for a while and mutters something (you may make listen checks to hear him if you want) as he rolls the map back up and presents it to the group, smiling.
"Any questions?"

Samfool
2011-04-11, 05:55 PM
Bodukan attempts to listen..

[roll0]

The frail-looking young man stands, bows, and says to the old man, "None at all. Have a good day."

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-11, 06:05 PM
Bodukan attempts to listen..

[roll0]

The frail-looking young man stands, bows, and says to the old man, "None at all. Have a good day."

He mutters somthing about you being near the oji bridge.

As you get up the young man known as the listener, without looking up says
"I dont belive I said I Finished Bokudan-chan, please sit down."

Samfool
2011-04-11, 06:18 PM
He mutters somthing about you being near the oji bridge.

As you get up the young man known as the listener, without looking up says
"I dont belive I said I Finished Bokudan-chan, please sit down."

"Oh? What more do you have to say? We have our mission, why can we not go?" Bodukan asks.

Janos1
2011-04-11, 06:24 PM
Hoju looks at the rest of the group, sipping some tea, "I apologize for the interuption, but I believe it is customary to refer to ones employer as Sama" he says with a warm smile on his face "Is that not right Listener-Sama?...as a Shugenja im somewhat obliged to make you all recognise this, I'm sure our employer will overlook the matter just this once however"

He puts his tea on the table and looks towards the Listener, "I have a question, as soon as Bodukan-kun returns that is"

Samfool
2011-04-11, 06:30 PM
Hoju looks at the rest of the group, sipping some tea, "I apologize for the interuption, but I believe it is customary to refer to ones employer as Sama" he says with a warm smile on his face "Is that not right Listener-Sama?...as a Shugenja im somewhat obliged to make you all recognise this, I'm sure our employer will overlook the matter just this once however"

He puts his tea on the table and looks towards the Listener, "I have a question, as soon as Bodukan-kun returns that is"

Bodukan rolls his eyes,

"I apologize Osuma-Sama, I am not used to the customs of humans.."

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-11, 06:39 PM
Bodukan rolls his eyes,

Osuma looks at you for a moment, slightly confuesd your addressing him, and then continues handing out the passes.
The Listener Nods to Hoju, and sips his tea, waiting to see if anyone has a question for him.

Janos1
2011-04-11, 06:47 PM
Bodukan rolls his eyes,

Hoju looks at the still standing Bodukan "Whilst Listener-Sama merits that title, i do believe Osuma is a mere servant, it would be far more appropriate to refer to him as Osuma-san" he says with an understanding look on his face

"I understand you may find Human society difficult, but please sit down and wait for our meeting to end, it would be a shame if you missed anything after all" says Hoju as he sips some more tea.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-11, 06:49 PM
Hoju looks at the still standing Bodukan "Whilst Listener-Sama merits that title, i do believe Osuma is a mere servant, it would be far more appropriate to refer to him as Osuma-san" he says with an understanding look on his face

"I understand you may find Human society difficult, but please sit down and wait for our meeting to end, it would be a shame if you missed anything after all" says Hoju as he sips some more tea.
The listener looks at Hoju and smiles
"So what was your Question Chuda-dono?"

Harvest
2011-04-11, 06:55 PM
Katsuo remains silent, he listens in, trying to hear what the listener had muttered.

[roll0]

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-11, 06:56 PM
Katsuo remains silent, he listens in, trying to hear what the listener had muttered.

[roll0]

You catch the same thing, something about the oji bridge

Janos1
2011-04-11, 06:58 PM
The listener looks at Hoju and smiles
"So what was your Question Chuda-dono?"

Hoju smiles and looks straight at the Listener. "If this Crab clan diplomat really holds the key to ending hostilities with the Crane clan, then why are we being sent to protect him? a big event such as that would surely be the target of many who profit from their fued, in addition to that, it would make more sense to send a cadre of Samurai as opposed to a small party such as ouselves"

His head then pips up as if an idea comes to mind "Unless we are one of many diversion escorts"

stainboy
2011-04-11, 06:59 PM
Throughout the explanation of the mission, Kazuya gradually sits up straighter and stops slurping his tea.

"This other group we're supposed to meet in Rook's Nest, how will we recognize them?"

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-11, 07:15 PM
The Listener claps his hands together and smiles, "Its good to know that I have picked my aides wisely"
He leans forward
"This is one group out of 104 I am sending out, all fake, I have left paper trails to most of them and a very clear trail leading to three seperate groups, each likely to be the real messengers, many of them traveling by more hidden paths, some by more obvious ones, you are just another diversionary group to anyone looking for the diplomat.
He picks up a piece of paper and tears it up many times,
"Any one looking for the actual diplomat is more likly to attack the group traveling towards the east, the complete oposite direction of the meeting. The funny thing in a game of intruige is that eventually they fail to see the truth, for fear of hidden lies." he finishes tearing up the paper and holds the scraps in his hand, picking one at random and holding it up.
"This is you" he then hurls it and the rest of the hundreds of scraps into the air allowing them to scatter across the table
"Point out the piece I showed you" he smiles "The other bits of paper are the other groups, even I cannot deduce which is the correct piece"
He then turns his head to Kazuya
"You personally will recongnise the secondary escort"

Janos1
2011-04-11, 07:47 PM
The Listener claps his hands together and smiles, "Its good to know that I have picked my aides wisely"
He leans forward
"This is one group out of 104 I am sending out, all fake, I have left paper trails to most of them and a very clear trail leading to three seperate groups, each likely to be the real messengers, many of them traveling by more hidden paths, some by more obvious ones, you are just another diversionary group to anyone looking for the diplomat.
He picks up a piece of paper and tears it up many times,
"Any one looking for the actual diplomat is more likly to attack the group traveling towards the east, the complete oposite direction of the meeting. The funny thing in a game of intruige is that eventually they fail to see the truth, for fear of hidden lies." he finishes tearing up the paper and holds the scraps in his hand, picking one at random and holding it up.
"This is you" he then hurls it and the rest of the hundreds of scraps into the air allowing them to scatter across the table
"Point out the piece I showed you" he smiles "The other bits of paper are the other groups, even I cannot deduce which is the correct piece"
He then turns his head to Kazuya
"You personally will recongnise the secondary escort"

Hoju looks at the paper with a now stoic look on his face "Then my assumption was somewhat correct...if what you say is true then I am prepared for this mission Listener-Sama, pointless bloodshed needs to be ended, and I would gladly go out of my way to prevent the deaths of more innocent lives" Hoju looks forth, with what appears to be resolve in his eyes.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-11, 07:52 PM
Hoju looks at the paper with a now stoic look on his face "Then my assumption was somewhat correct...if what you say is true then I am prepared for this mission Listener-Sama, pointless bloodshed needs to be ended, and I would gladly go out of my way to prevent the deaths of more innocent lives" Hoju looks forth, with what appears to be resolve in his eyes.

The listener smiles at you
"its good to see a man with a cause" he looks over the group again
"Now are their any other questions?"

Sir_Chivalry
2011-04-11, 09:21 PM
Hattori tries to quash his overt interest at the mention of the war between Crab and Crane.

Harvest
2011-04-12, 12:05 AM
"I have just one, Listener-Sama. Why do you need a travelling blacksmith like me?" He looks at the listener with a message behind his eyes.

Bluff check
[roll0]

Secret message I'm sending: I'm trying to keep my cover.

Samfool
2011-04-12, 12:16 AM
"I have just one, Listener-Sama. Why do you need a travelling blacksmith like me?" He looks at the listener with a message behind his eyes.

Bluff check
[roll0]

Secret message I'm sending: I'm trying to keep my cover.

"Yes, It seems a little.. inappropriate to involve civilians.." Bodukan explains,

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-12, 05:36 AM
"Yes, It seems a little.. inappropriate to involve civilians.." Bodukan explains,

He smiles
"if i did not expect you to be attacked i would not send samurai, if I did not expect swords to be damaged and armour sracthed I would not send a blacksmith, I understand that sending him along may be dangerous, but he's being paid a good deal of money" he smiles warmly at the blacksmith, before standing up
"Well that should be all you need, the diplomat will arive in a tea house down the road in approximatly 2 hours. Off you go" he gestures at the door,
"Oh and before you go, i'm going to offer you a bit of help, when all of you leave this building, you may reenter one ata atime, if you do I will answer any one question of yours, or give you an item to help you on your jorney, call it a down payment on a succesful mission"
PM Me if you wish to privetly speak woth the listener

hayabusa
2011-04-12, 07:36 AM
As the meeting ends, Yukitaka bows at his employer before excusing himself from the hut. He waits outside of the building as the others leave as well.

Samfool
2011-04-13, 12:00 PM
Bodukan steps out, and immediately heads for the woods.

"I will send my guardians to help, but I will do no more than watch from a distance." He tells the group over his shoulder.

Janos1
2011-04-13, 03:10 PM
Bodukan steps out, and immediately heads for the woods.

"I will send my guardians to help, but I will do no more than watch from a distance." He tells the group over his shoulder.

Hoju speaks up not even looking at Bodukan

"Before you leave, Bodukan-Chan, you said something interesting earlier, that you weren't "used to the customs of humans" that would imply that you are not human...yet you look human enough, another interesting thing I noticed is that birds seem to follow you wherever you go"

Hoju smiles and turns slightly to the frail being outside, "I find it curious how you would feel the need to decieve all of us...unless of course your working for him" he then gestures to the Listener

Samfool
2011-04-13, 10:29 PM
Hoju speaks up not even looking at Bodukan

"Before you leave, Bodukan-Chan, you said something interesting earlier, that you weren't "used to the customs of humans" that would imply that you are not human...yet you look human enough, another interesting thing I noticed is that birds seem to follow you wherever you go"

Hoju smiles and turns slightly to the frail being outside, "I find it curious how you would feel the need to decieve all of us...unless of course your working for him" he then gestures to the Listener

"Havent you heard? We are all working for him." Bodukan states, very plainly.

hayabusa
2011-04-14, 09:51 AM
Yukitaka remains silent for a while, listening to Hoju and Bodukan's argument (if he could even call it that). "I beg your pardons," he begins to speak. "I, too, am intrigued by what Bodukan meant by "human customs", however, suspicions are not the best way to act as a team, as our honorable employer said we must do."

Samfool
2011-04-14, 09:57 AM
Yukitaka remains silent for a while, listening to Hoju and Bodukan's argument (if he could even call it that). "I beg your pardons," he begins to speak. "I, too, am intrigued by what Bodukan meant by "human customs", however, suspicions are not the best way to act as a team, as our honorable employer said we must do."

"Thank you, now may we be on our way?" he states impatiently.

Janos1
2011-04-14, 01:37 PM
"Thank you, now may we be on our way?" he states impatiently.

Hoju gets up and starts to walk outside towards Bodukan

"Forgive my brashness, I didn't mean to antagonise you, I was merely curious"

He bows lowly at the frail being and starts walking to the frost covered pond

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-14, 01:59 PM
unless anyone wants to do anything else, are you all happy to continue?

Sir_Chivalry
2011-04-14, 04:13 PM
Hoju gets up and starts to walk outside towards Bodukan

"Forgive my brashness, I didn't mean to antagonise you, I was merely curious"

He bows lowly at the frail being and starts walking to the frost covered pond

"Well I for one would like an answer to that question, and I don't care if precious feelings get hurt in the asking. Your worth to the group is not in question, but your sudden appearance and odd following of birds is quite suspect. Are you some form of kami or oni, perhaps one of the spirit folk? A straight forward answer would be best, but if you'll simply assure us that you will stand by us even in the face of death, I can trust you."

Janos1
2011-04-14, 05:45 PM
"Well I for one would like an answer to that question, and I don't care if precious feelings get hurt in the asking. Your worth to the group is not in question, but your sudden appearance and odd following of birds is quite suspect. Are you some form of kami or oni, perhaps one of the spirit folk? A straight forward answer would be best, but if you'll simply assure us that you will stand by us even in the face of death, I can trust you."

Hoju patiently looks at the icy pond infront of him

"He is what you would call a Hengeyokai, Ive known for awhile now, however I thought it would be more appropriate for him to admit it when asked, as a test of trust more than anything, but then I remembered that it is in a hengeyokai's nature to be secretive and elusive"

Hoju states plainly whilst kneeling down and looking at a cherry blossom in facination

"I heard an interesting tale about a hengyokai once...in the end he went on to become a feared Maho-Tsukai due to a hatred of humans, but im sure Bodukan-Chan would never lie about something as evil as maho if that was the main subject in question...but its not, so i'll leave it at that"
Hoju says with a seemingly sad tone in his voice

For anyone wandering how I know Bodukans a hengeyokai, i used detect magic when a "strange withered man" who i never met, walked through the door (pm'd it to the dm)

Sir_Chivalry
2011-04-14, 05:47 PM

"He is what you would call a Hengeyokai, Ive known for awhile now, however I thought it would be more appropriate for him to admit it when asked, as a test of trust more than anything, but then I remembered that it is in a hengeyokai's nature to be secretive and elusive"

Hoju states plainly whilst kneeling down and looking at a cherry blossom in facination

"I once heard an interesting tale about a hengyokai once...in the end he went on to become a feared Maho-Tsukai due to a hatred of humans, but im sure Bodukan-Chan would never lie about something as evil as maho if that was the main question...but its not, so i'll leave it at that"

For anyone wandering how I know Bodukans a hengeyokai, i used detect magic when a "strange withered man" who i never met, walked through the door (pm'd it to the dm)

"I apologize for my rudeness then. He is little threat in the grand scope."

Janos1
2011-04-14, 06:05 PM
"I apologize for my rudeness then. He is little threat in the grand scope."

Hoju turns slightly towards Hattori at this comment

"All it takes for a powerful machine to fall is a defiant ant crawling into it's gears, you would do well to remember that Hattori-San"

He looks back over at the snow covered hills

"No threat is to small, especially in these times"

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-14, 06:35 PM
From behind you you hear footsteps on the snow, and a voice
"The blossoms truely are beautiful this time of year" a few of you turn to see The Listener stood just outside of the hut, Osuma following very closly behind
"The stark white snow contrasts them amazingly Listener-Dono" Osuma says as The Listener allows a petal to rest in his hand, inspecting it with careful eyes and a bemused smile on his face.

Silence falls over the clearing for a few peaceful moments as The Listener allows the petal to fall from his hand, caught on a breeze, the petal floats through the air past each of you, before landing on the icy pond before Hoju. You watch as the two men approch the pond, The Listener smiles
"This world is full of wonders" he says, almost to himself
"Every day somthing new appears, another brush stroke on this amazing canvas, each stroke different" he looks at the petal on the pond and smiles, the group follow the mans gaze and see somthing amazing.
Around the petal the ice starts to melt, ever so slightly gentlely lowering the cherry blossom into the ice cold water, the rest of the pond remains frozen in place as the water flows over it, causing the ice to shine and reflect like a mirror perfectly framing the setting sun, the lone petal resting in the center of the glowing reflection.
"Each stroke unique" The Listener says softly as he looks at the image before him
"You should move to the tea house" he says "Night will fall soon, and you dont want to miss the diplomat" as he speaks his body begins to dissapate into hundreds of cherry blossoms, as does Osuma's, within seconds hundreds of petal's float around before dispersing into the wind.

Harvest
2011-04-14, 06:50 PM
"Tea sounds really good right now." Katsuo states with a perk to his voice.

Janos1
2011-04-14, 07:08 PM
"Tea sounds really good right now." Katsuo states with a perk to his voice.

Hoju turns to Katsuo with a warm smile on his face

"Im inclined to agree, it is chilly out here, we should head to the tea house immediatley"

Samfool
2011-04-14, 08:52 PM

"I heard an interesting tale about a hengyokai once...in the end he went on to become a feared Maho-Tsukai due to a hatred of humans, but im sure Bodukan-Chan would never lie about something as evil as maho if that was the main subject in question...but its not, so i'll leave it at that"

"Fair enough," Bodukan chuckles, "The main reason I hid my race was to protect myself. No one would torture a bird, nor question one. Having any of you know puts me in danger. I dont like being in danger."

A dark tone is on his voice now, he snaps his head toward Hattori, "Now, if you had come to me in private, we could have avoided all of this."

He turns his head away, toward his hand, where the limb body of a sparrow lies. He shakes his head and mutters something under his breath.

I am sure the DM will let everyone hear it with a listen check =]

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-15, 03:45 AM
"Fair enough," Bodukan chuckles, "The main reason I hid my race was to protect myself. No one would torture a bird, nor question one. Having any of you know puts me in danger. I dont like being in danger."

A dark tone is on his voice now, he snaps his head toward Hattori, "Now, if you had come to me in private, we could have avoided all of this."

He turns his head away, toward his hand, where the limb body of a sparrow lies. He shakes his head and mutters something under his breath.

I am sure the DM will let everyone hear it with a listen check =]

yup, are you al ready to continue?

Samfool
2011-04-15, 01:14 PM
yup, are you al ready to continue?

Yessums! Lets do this

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-15, 05:34 PM
Your group sets off, through the empty woods back towards the road, the snow still falls all around your group, occasionally cutting off view from one another, but you all quickly reistablish contact with each other whenever this happens.
Feel free to speak to one another via PM, just be sure to add me in the messages.
After a short amount of time you reach the road and begin heading in the direction of the tea house. The walk roughly takes about two hours in the snow and the cold, making you all the more glad when the small tea house comes into view, from appearances you see the building also doubles as a small inn, the stables you pass confirm that theory.
Upon entering the small building you find you are not the only people here, apart from the Tea house workers there are two groups of 8 people around tables, drinking and joking, another smaller group in the corner speaking quietly, four more people sit seperatly and alone at tables, minding their own bussiness whilst the workers move between tables.
So far none of you pay much attention to the people, to glad to be back in the warmth of a building, almost the second you walk in two women move up and bow
"How can we help Honorable Travelers?" they ask with bright smiles on their faces.

Samfool
2011-04-15, 06:20 PM
Bodukan sits on the shoulder of the 'blacksmith' in sparrow form, the other bird sits outside, keeping an eye out for danger.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-16, 05:01 PM
Bodukan sits on the shoulder of the 'blacksmith' in sparrow form, the other bird sits outside, keeping an eye out for danger.

Upon noticing the bird one of the women turn to the blacksmith with a smile
"Im sorry sir we do not allow pets within our premises"

hayabusa
2011-04-17, 08:49 PM
"Yes," Yukitaka says as he checks his swords in. "We'd like some tea." He looks around at those gathered inside of the building, wondering if their charge is already there.

stainboy
2011-04-17, 09:51 PM
"Uh, excuse me a minute. I'll take the sparrow outside. We've got one more in our party, by the way. He should be here soon."

Obviously the one more is Bodukan, human form.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-04-17, 10:39 PM
"I'll take some rice if you have it."

Samfool
2011-04-18, 12:08 AM
"Uh, excuse me a minute. I'll take the sparrow outside. We've got one more in our party, by the way. He should be here soon."

Obviously the one more is Bodukan, human form.

I comply, reluctantly.

I dont like human form =]

Harvest
2011-04-18, 02:12 AM
"Excellent, I really would like to get some tea. Thank you, Kazuya-San. Would you like me to order something for you while you wait outside?" Katsuo pleasantly asks.

stainboy
2011-04-18, 07:44 PM
"Thanks. Some hot food would be great." Kazuya opens the door for Bodukan to follow.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-18, 08:22 PM
The women quickly seat you next to an indoor water fountian, bringing you all food and drink (1 koku each),when you try to hand them your swords they refuse. At the sign of whole koku trading hands the Geishas quickly and attempt to flirt with everyone.
The food and drink are delicious, the tea house is warm and the atmosphere is plesant, but you don't know which of the buildings many patrons is the diplomat.
First thing, remember that a samurai's sword is a symbol of his honor, only the samurai are allowed to touch their own swords, for someone else to touch the scabbard is considered a slight insult (depending on circumstance), to draw someone elses blade is worse, never draw anothers sword, unless you are willing for them to use it on you,this rule is fairly general in rokugan, and you will only be parted with your blades in special occasions. Also yukitaka, which group would you like to inspect first?

Sir_Chivalry
2011-04-18, 08:42 PM
Hattori ignores the geisha, attending to the food first.

Samfool
2011-04-18, 08:54 PM
Bodukan looks at the food suspiciously. He is not used to eating human food. He is used to the berries and nuts he consumes while in bird form. He begins looking about, seeing what he can see in the Inn.

Spot Check
[roll0]

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-18, 09:07 PM
Bodukan looks at the food suspiciously. He is not used to eating human food. He is used to the berries and nuts he consumes while in bird form. He begins looking about, seeing what he can see in the Inn.

Spot Check
[roll0]

The geishas begin talking with Bodukan distracting his gaze, he sees a busy room filled with active people, but not much detail

Samfool
2011-04-18, 09:09 PM
"I dont trust this place.." Bodukan whispers to Hattori as quietly as possible.

Harvest
2011-04-18, 10:02 PM
Katsuo actively flirts with the geisha's, all the while he uses his highly trained senses to scan the area for interest and danger alike.

spot check
[roll0]

sense motive on geisha
[roll1]

listen check
[roll2]

hayabusa
2011-04-18, 10:24 PM
Yukitaka surveys the group nearest to them, watching their behavior for any sign that they are waiting for someone. He takes a quick bite out of his meal and then follows it with a sip of his drink.

Janos1
2011-04-19, 01:36 PM
Hoju sits at a nearby table, passing up the offer of tea. He observers the room, calmly ignoring the geisha's.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-20, 10:38 AM
Looking around no-one can see any immediate danger, the geishas are simply trying to turn you into clients.
One of the groups of eight appear to be traders, along with three Yojimbo's.
The second group appear to be travelers, Kazuya on the otherhand may disagree as he regonicses three of the group as bandit's, wether or not he tells the group is upto him.
The four solitarty figures are more instresing however.
One is a female, carrying a musical instrument, quietly sat in the corner with her eyes closed, she almost looks asleep the one thing that breaks this illusion is the fact she occasionally sips from a small cup.
The Second is a tall armoured samurai, his blades on the ground next to him.
The third is a normal looking man, the one thing setting him apart is the nobles dress he wears.
Finally a hooded figure sits next to the door, as if ready to leave at a moments notice, his body is concealed however, a hand occasionally comes out to take a sip from his drink.
If you want to observe them please pick who you are watching.

stainboy
2011-04-20, 10:44 PM
Kazuya pulls his armor off, leans back against a wall, drops some more koku on rice wine, and flirts intently with one of the geishas. He's generally drawing attention to himself and looking way too comfortable for someone in a room full of dangerous armed men of different loyalties. He does, however, keep an eye on the three "travelers."

Kaim, sent you a PM about the bandits. Keeping my mouth shut for now.

Diplomacy check to improve the geisha's attitude. Hopefully he can make a good enough impression that she'll be willing to divulge information about other patrons.

Diplomacy check: [roll0]

stainboy
2011-04-21, 08:17 AM
Kazuya leans over to the geisha he's been (based on that diplomacy check) probably slightly offending with his rustic bad manners. "See those three over there? Don't go anywhere alone with them. You might warn the other girls too." He lowers his voice a little, but not enough to keep the rest of the party from hearing.

He stretches his arms and leans back, feigning cheerful nonchalance again. "Feels good to be off the road, doesn't it?"

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-21, 09:26 AM
Kazuya leans over to the geisha he's been (based on that diplomacy check) probably slightly offending with his rustic bad manners. "See those three over there? Don't go anywhere alone with them. You might warn the other girls too." He lowers his voice a little, but not enough to keep the rest of the party from hearing.

He stretches his arms and leans back, feigning cheerful nonchalance again. "Feels good to be off the road, doesn't it?"

The Geisha looks at you curiously, before backing off from you and moving her attentions to another member of the group.
Please roll 1d20 a luck check

hayabusa
2011-04-21, 10:18 AM
Yukitaka takes off the helmet and breastplate of his armor, letting himself rest a bit after hours of carrying the weight. He sips more of his tea and takes a few bites of rice. Flirting half-heartedly with the geishas, he tries to get a better look at the hooded figure.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-21, 10:23 AM
Yukitaka takes off the helmet and breastplate of his armor, letting himself rest a bit after hours of carrying the weight. He sips more of his tea and takes a few bites of rice. Flirting half-heartedly with the geishas, he tries to get a better look at the hooded figure.

From what you can make out, the figure appears to be roughly of the same build as a human male, but with the distance between the two of you, Yukitaka cannot make out any significant details.

Janos1
2011-04-21, 10:32 AM
Looking around no-one can see any immediate danger, the geishas are simply trying to turn you into clients.
One of the groups of eight appear to be traders, along with three Yojimbo's.
The second group appear to be travelers, Kazuya on the otherhand may disagree as he regonicses three of the group as bandit's, wether or not he tells the group is upto him.
The four solitarty figures are more instresing however.
One is a female, carrying a musical instrument, quietly sat in the corner with her eyes closed, she almost looks asleep the one thing that breaks this illusion is the fact she occasionally sips from a small cup.
The Second is a tall armoured samurai, his blades on the ground next to him.
The third is a normal looking man, the one thing setting him apart is the nobles dress he wears.
Finally a hooded figure sits next to the door, as if ready to leave at a moments notice, his body is concealed however, a hand occasionally comes out to take a sip from his drink.
If you want to observe them please pick who you are watching.

Hoju gets up and makes his way over to the woman in the corner with the musical instrument "Excuse me" he says in a polite tone

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-21, 10:41 AM
Hoju gets up and makes his way over to the woman in the corner with the musical instrument "Excuse me" he says in a polite tone

The woman doesent open her eyes but turns her head to greet you
"Good day, may I help you?" she does not bow, even slightly

Janos1
2011-04-21, 10:50 AM
The woman doesent open her eyes but turns her head to greet you
"Good day, may I help you?" she does not bow, even slightly

Hoju smiles slightly "Perhapse you can" he says in a friendly tone as he sits near her "Id very much like to know abit about the patrons here, if you don't mind" he looks at some of the people in the tea house as he says this in a quiet tone.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-21, 10:55 AM
Hoju smiles slightly "Perhapse you can" he says in a friendly tone as he sits near her "Id very much like to know abit about the patrons here, if you don't mind" he looks at some of the people in the tea house as he says this in a quiet tone.

"I am very sorry noble sir" she says gesturing her head in roughly your direction, this allows the candle lighting the table to show her features a little more clearly, she is startiling beautiful, for so than any of the Geishas
"But, you already know more about the patrons here than I do" she says with a weak smile.

Janos1
2011-04-21, 11:17 AM
"I am very sorry noble sir" she says gesturing her head in roughly your direction, this allows the candle lighting the table to show her features a little more clearly, she is startiling beautiful, for so than any of the Geishas
"But, you already know more about the patrons here than I do" she says with a weak smile.

Hoju takes note of her appearance "I see, forgive my interruption, it is in my best interest to learn such things" he bows lowly and looks at the party briefly before turning back to her "My party and I are strangers to these parts you see, and It would be very bothersome if they got themselves into trouble over a pointless matter" he says with a warm smile

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-21, 05:44 PM
Hoju takes note of her appearance "I see, forgive my interruption, it is in my best interest to learn such things" he bows lowly and looks at the party briefly before turning back to her "My party and I are strangers to these parts you see, and It would be very bothersome if they got themselves into trouble over a pointless matter" he says with a warm smile

"I'm sorry I cannot help" she says weakly, her eyes still closed "But I too am a stranger in these parts you see I am.... as she continues one of the attendants steps over and whispers somthing into her ear, the women nods and speaks
"I'm sorry but I have to go" the women stands up and takes her Biwa (lute) and walks away.
In the next few minutes the attendants come around and start to put the candles on everyones table out, one of the attendants reach the parties table and goes to put out the candle.

stainboy
2011-04-21, 08:13 PM
Luck roll: [roll0]

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-21, 08:14 PM
Luck roll: [roll0]

Even with your little act, the three men are far to busy to notice you and therefore do not regonise you as well.

Samfool
2011-04-21, 11:13 PM
Bodukan just sits nervously tapping his foot.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-30, 11:37 AM
Actions guys?

Harvest
2011-04-30, 06:41 PM
Datsuo finishes flirting with the Geisha, and turns his attention to his meal and tea. As always, he is ever vigiliant

Spot
[roll0]

Listen
[roll1]

Kaim_the_angel
2011-04-30, 07:22 PM
Datsuo finishes flirting with the Geisha, and turns his attention to his meal and tea. As always, he is ever vigiliant

Spot
[roll0]

Listen
[roll1]

Vigiliant though he may be, it quickly becomes apparant that Datsuo is more hungry than worried about his surroundings, paying little heed to anyone, exepesially in the now queiting room.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-05-04, 03:57 PM
Bump :)
As the woman puts the lights out on your table, the woman that Hoju was talking to is guided to a small stage in the room, there she settles on the ground and picks up her Biwa, without looking up she runs her hands up the neck of the instrument.
She begins to play her music, singing as she plucks away at the Biwa, creating a beautiful harmony, she sings of a sad tale and the whole room goes quiet, even the most rowdy customers quiet down to listen.
The whole room is now only illuminated by a few candles, and everyone is focused on the singer.
Actions

Samfool
2011-05-04, 09:00 PM
Bodukan sees that as a siren's call, he keeps his attention on anyone who gets too close..

hayabusa
2011-05-04, 09:28 PM
Yukitaka silently watches the performance, every now and then glancing over his shoulder for any sign of trouble. He doubts that there will be any in such a place, but he has seen it happen, especially where drink is served.