PDA

View Full Version : 22nd level Ninja/Spellthief gestalt Villain - Help!

Kittenwolf
2011-03-28, 06:42 PM
Hey all. I'm setting up a 22nd level Ninja/Spellthief Gestalt as a villain, I've gotten by with his stats being a bit nubulous up to now, but the party is just about to face him so I'd finally better actually nail things down.

I've tried going over CO and similar links, and I've found:
Spellthief: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44299...
Ninja: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19862382/The_Complete_Ninja_-_Guide_38;_Handbook ... Unfortunately the Ninja one's formatting removes the names of all feats and abilities, so it's actually pretty useless ><

Race: Dark-Creature Human

Level: 22 Gestalt, 20 Ninja/20 Spellthief and X above that.

Stats: Due to a touch of divine blood he's pretty uber, with magic items & wishes he's at 30 in Dex & Wis, 26 in Cha & Int, etc.

Feats: The only things that I have locked in is Godsblood Spelltheft (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070606...), though I'm not sure which domain yet, Darkstalker and Master Spellthief. Seriously considering the +30ft Speed increase Epic feat for my one Epic feat, and Deadly Precision.

The Fight: The basic plan is for him to fight the PCs for a bit, then once they're buffed up to the nines and ready to burn resources (or the Ninja gets injured), he buggers off to another area and waits for their short-term defenses to go down, then as they explore he attacks again.

He also has a hidden room with a small number of unconcious high level spellcasters. Thanks to programmed amnesia and modify memory, they pretty much exist solely to serve as spell batteries for him, and he can use the spell from the BoEF that lets you and a spellcaster link their spell pools together, so he can access one of their spell reportoirs at any time.
Aside from occasionally jumping to this room to borrow spells, he's fighting alone, no minions.

He'll be making plenty of use of Arcane Spellsurge so that he can cast a quickened spell every round, plus attack in melee.

The Enemy: He knows plenty about the party and how they work thanks to spying on them all the time, here's the brief:

Shadowcraft Mage/Rogue - Main party arcane caster, some form of a magical construct that allows her more spell versatility and power than usual. Highly intelligent and loads of spells at her disposal, but prone to making silly mistakes at times. Likes to use Effulgent Epparation to negate any direct magical assault, Reaving Dispel to steal buffs, and Superior Invisibility to wreck havok in melee.

Druid/Infernal Stalker/Warshaper - Party "tank". Goes into battle with an utterly prodigious amount of spells active (frequently 20+), Half Fiend. Can take enormous amounts of damage, frequently Wild-shapes into an Elder Earth Elemental. Very hard to kill, nigh-unhittable (without tricks) AC, moderately dangerous in melee. Wears a wildling clasp on every body slot to keep his magic items while wild shaped. Destroying the one for his Monks' belt probably a good idea. (OOC, huge powergamer)

Cleric/Bard - Party buffer, healer and surprisingly dangerous in melee. Vicious and evil even though she looks like a half celestial (and has many of their powers), prone to sitting back, singing & buffing for a few rounds then suddenly charging into combat with Snowflake Wardance and Giant Size (thanks to Miracle) and wrecking havok. Easily adapts to most situations

Duskblade/Favoured Soul - Party member who recently went through a complete change thanks to an artefact, still getting used to how her powers work and how best to use them. Large array of spells and abilities, can cause large amounts of damage in the right situation along with the usual healing of a divine caster. Recently turned into a Lich.

Hellfire Warlock/Ranger/Beastmaster - Party blaster. Can deal obscene amounts of damage with Eldrich Glaive, relies heavily on Acid Blast to ignore SR. Extremely dangerous in melee and rides on a Raptor to get there faster. Will & Fort saves weak (for this party). However, has just destroyed the demonic contract that fueled his powers, and has just exhibited ability to turn into a were-raptor. No idea what's going on there.

Help: The main things that I'm looking for is help with Magic Items, Spells & Feats.
I'm also not 100% sure whether to go down the TWF tree for more damage & spell theft, or to go Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack & Bounding Assault so that he can dance around and hide after each attack.
Any help on how to sneak attack the Warshaper or those with the four Elemental Hearts spells up would also be handy (if I could steal a spell from them I could steal the one preventing sneak attack, but I need to sneak attack to do it...)

So, can anyone offer any suggestions? :)