PDA

View Full Version : Wizard Healing

Tyndmyr
2011-03-29, 01:42 PM
What're your favorite methods? Ima get this list started.

1. Belt o' Healing.

2. Weapon with a vampiric enchantment on it(I forget the exact name).

3. Be a warforged. Use repair.

Jarian
2011-03-29, 01:43 PM
My personal army of solars.

What? It was going to come up eventually.

Infernalbargain
2011-03-29, 01:56 PM
Nowhere's near the best, but false life + healing touch gets the job done.

dextercorvia
2011-03-29, 02:02 PM
I always wanted to play a Wizard with the Trollblooded feat.

Daftendirekt
2011-03-29, 02:13 PM
It's 7th level (ew) but there is the SynostodweomerSC219 spell. Channel a spell with this one to cure 1d8/spell level channeled. It's a swift action (but that's because you have to cast another spell as a standard to get the healing)

Keld Denar
2011-03-29, 02:14 PM
Don't get hit/pooling temp HP.

My high level Conjourer uses a combination of Abrupt Jaunt, Greater Mirror Image, Minor Shapeshift, and Heart of Earth to stay safe. One big attack? GMI or Jaunt will generally defeat it. Lots of little attacks? Bust out the Stoneskin from Heart of Earth. Temp HP stacking from Minor Shapeshift, Heart of Earth, and Heroes Feast generally provide enough buffer to make sure you seldom actually tap into your normal HP. If you burn off the ones from Minor Shapeshift, you can get them back with a thought.

Leon
2011-03-29, 02:20 PM
Limited Wish to cast Heal (among other things)

gorfnab
2011-03-29, 02:55 PM
Take the feat Arcane Disciple: Healing Domain and go into the Combat Medic prestige class.

Prestige class into Knight of Weave (use Spontaneous Divination ACF from Complete Champion to qualify) followed by Ultimate Magus. With one level of Spellthief and the feat Master Spellthief this will make your CL insane.

jiriku
2011-03-29, 03:55 PM
Leadership. Grab a cleric cohort. Use him as my own personal buff/healbot.

mostlyharmful
2011-03-29, 04:55 PM
While an army of Solars is achievable it's a little gamecrashing, but this isn't beyound the realms of fun to just planer bind something with cleric casting or a decent selection of SLAs to fill the healbot role for the party. I've done it in the past and it seems to be exactly what the developers had in mind for that line and frees up the players to do whatever they want without suffering the stupid 3.5 wait-for-the-divine-spell-refill to cure some random condition or the 15 minute adventure day.

TurtleKing
2011-03-29, 08:18 PM
Light of Venya can heal for some amount. Other uses are using it as a light spell, blasting most for a okay amount, and blasting evil outsiders and undead for twice the damage everyone else takes. The range per bolt is medium. So the max healing you can get is 2d6+20 at CL 10. The best thing is it has no sacrificing involved that the others have. The average healing is 27 points at CL 10.

EDIT: Bleep. The healing is based on being a divine caster. So Sorcerer/Wizards get everything else while not getting that.....:smallfurious:

Andion Isurand
2011-03-29, 10:40 PM
Shadowcraft Mage's Shadow Illusion class feature
+ silent image
+ Heighten Spell
+ Earth Spell
+ Arcane Disciple (luck or zeal domain)
---------------------------------------------
emulate miracle spells that are 100% real

John Campbell
2011-03-30, 10:52 AM
Eternal wand of cure X wounds. The bardic versions are arcane spells, and thus valid for the purpose.

Coidzor
2011-03-30, 11:30 AM
Make yourself able to spontaneously cast something, dip Silver Flame Pyromancer(5 Nations, I believe) and crib the Paladin Spell List and just use a wand outside of combat?

It's not something I'd actually do, mind, but the SFP was on my mind from discussing it with a friend interested in a Pyromancer Sorcerer.

edit: Alternatively, dip PrC Bard and do the same thing with a wand.

Aspenor
2011-03-30, 10:12 PM
Be an Anima Mage and use the Summon Monster vestige to summon bralani eladrin, effectively at will.