PDA

View Full Version : Question from Don't Split the Party

Barstro
2011-03-29, 02:28 PM
Apologies for misstating any facts, I do not have the book in front of me.

In the bonus underwater scene, there was the image of a giant sea creature that disappeared, and talk of "bait being dangled" or something similar. Has there been any thoughts or conclusions about what all that was?

factotum
2011-03-29, 02:49 PM
I thought it was pretty obvious:

The big sea creature got scared away by the Ancient Black Dragon, who was shadowing the fleet--black dragons are aquatic.

Barstro
2011-03-29, 03:54 PM
I thought it was pretty obvious:

The big sea creature got scared away by the Ancient Black Dragon, who was shadowing the fleet--black dragons are aquatic.

Bah, you only say that because
your avatar is a black dragon. I could just as easily say that a Fenarian assassin scared it off. But, your argument makes sense.

What about the dangled bait?

Porthos
2011-03-29, 04:21 PM
Bah, you only say that because
your avatar is a black dragon. I could just as easily say that a Fenarian assassin scared it off. But, your argument makes sense.

I also figure it has to be the ABD for foreshadowing purposes. :smallwink:

What about the dangled bait?
Dangled Bait = Elan.
Target = Therkla.

Hinjo and Lien are Good but Not Dumb, after all. They were suspicious of Therkla and wanted to see if they could get her to show more of her hand.

MoonCat
2011-03-29, 06:14 PM
I was also confused. It's the black dragon mama, and bait to catch Therkla.

NerfTW
2011-03-29, 07:16 PM
Did you try reading the commentary for that section at all? It's explained very clearly.

Barstro
2011-03-30, 10:44 AM
Did you try reading the commentary for that section at all? It's explained very clearly.

:smalleek: No. I was just glancing through the book the night before, as I was falling asleep. And I was only skimming for bonus comics. Sadly, the "no internet at home" and "no books at work" caused my inability to check on the book once I had the ability to post.

My bad.

On a happy note; I obviously loaned that book out prior to reading any of the commentary, and never realized it. Now that I have it back, I can do so.

Juggling Goth
2011-03-31, 01:49 AM
Eh, I didn't think it was that clear. I mean, I got that "bait dangled" meant Elan for Therkla. But the "bigger sea monster" moment just confused me. Probably because I didn't know the ABD was aquatic.