PDA

View Full Version : Critique this build please.

AustontheGreat1
2011-03-29, 03:37 PM
Okay, so just to be a jerk. I'd like to see if there are any way to improve this. Right now the campaign is level 10 and I am already ripping every combat apart, and I'm only fighting at about half capacity. I don't really plan to take it any further and really make my DM miserable, just want to make him laugh when I show him and tell him that this is what I could be doing.

This is what I have.

NG Longtooth Shifter

Strength (20)(18 Base + 2 Level)
Dexterity (18)(16 Base + 2 Racial)
Constitution (16)
Intelligence (10)(12 Base - 2 Racial)
Wisdom (10)
Charisma (10)(12 Base - 2 Racial)

Stats when Shifted
Strength (36)(20 Base + 12 Alternate Form + 4 Rage)
Dexterity (20)(16 Base + 4 Alternate Form)
Constitution (26)(16 Base + 6 Alternate Form + 4 Rage)

Level
Fighter 2/Barbarian 2/Warshaper 1/Weretouched Master 5

Feats
1st Level - Longtooth Elite
(1st)Fighter 1 - Power Attack
(2nd)Fighter 2 - Powerful Charge
3rd Level - Improved Natural Attack (Bite) (Which I am not sure but I think counts as a Shifter Feat.)
6th Level - Extra Shifter Trait (Razor Claw)
(7th)Weretouched Master 2 - Shifter Multiattack
(9th)Weretouched Master 4 - Improved Natural Attack (Claw)
9th Level - Greater Powerful Charge

Items
Bead of Dire Shifting
Necklace of Natural Attack (+1 Ghost Touch Vicious)
Bracers of Armor (+4)
Stone Dragon Belt (Novice)

I'm not gonna even bother writing down my skills.

If any other information is necessary, please tell me.

My plans currently are to either get a ring of at will Enlarge or find a way to become large permanently.

I'm gonna finish out the build by taking three more levels of Warshaper and then perhaps War Hulk or something else if anyone has any suggestion. No idea what feats to take other than maybe cleave if I do go into War Hulk.

So what I'm asking for is advice on how to improve what I already have and where to go from here. If anyone has any input, I'd really appreciate it.

Keld Denar
2011-03-29, 04:04 PM
I'm guessing from your Str score that you are using the un-errata'd Weretouched Master? Cause...yea, thats probably the source of your disgustingness.

Powerful Charge (and Greater) are kinda meh. They are static damage, and generally don't scale well. They also don't multiply on a crit. Better might be Martial Study (Battle Leader's Charge) and Martial Stance (Leading the Charge). They are static damage, and thus multiply, and Battle Leader's Charge's ability to negate AoOs on a charge is pretty skippy.

I'd focus mostly on improving your defenses. Steadfast Determination will shore up your saggy will save, and more Con from an item can't hurt. You can NEVER have too many HP. Look for a flavor of miss chance, like a Cloak of Minor Displacement, or spend 2 feats on Shape Soulmeld(Displacer Mantle) + Open Lesser Chakra(Shoulder) to get the cloak for free.

Also, this should probably go in the 3.5 subforum. I'll report it and get it moved.

Haarkla
2011-03-29, 05:13 PM
Okay, so just to be a jerk. I'd like to see if there are any way to improve this.

Fighter 2/Barbarian 2/Warshaper 1/Weretouched Master 5

Go Barbarian 2/Fighter 2/Warshaper 1/Weretouched Master 5

+6 Skill points
+1 hp
More powerful at 1st level.

Or Barbarian 1/Fighter 2/Ranger 1/Warshaper 1/Weretouched Master 5