PDA

View Full Version : [4e]Communication Failures(IC)

Reficule
2011-03-29, 05:07 PM
As the party leaves the boat behind in the distance, they swim into an inlet, protected on all sides by mountains. The streets appear to be mostly empty as you head, dripping wet, to the nearest inn.

You find the tavern and realize the true meaning of "seedy." The barkeeper is to the left of the room, and to the right and the back are tables where various games of cards and chance are being played. The air reeks of smoke from the various patrons. No one raises an eye at four soaked women walking in except the barkeeper, who simply points to the fireplace. Conveniently, there is a strip of fabric along the floor leading to the hearth. This must not be the first time this has happened.
OOC Thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10657414#post10657414

stinger201
2011-03-30, 07:16 AM
I slowly walks over and asks the bartender "thank you kind sir, can we get a bottle of whiskey." walks over to the fireplace and sits down. to Brogan " lets not do that again sir"

Adrameleck
2011-03-30, 07:44 AM
I tip my newly acquired hat in the direction of the barkeeper, and then walk over next to Alexander. To Alexander "I'm not drinking any of that." I then lean against the closest wall to the hearth and my companions (within earshot at least).

sabinrene94
2011-03-30, 08:06 AM
I sit down In front of the fire and ponder for a moment. " pour me some of that whiskey would you."
-
( with a slight hint of disdain ) "It is senseless to risk one's life and wealth over such trivial games of chance. No one believes in an honest day's work any more."

Reficule
2011-03-30, 08:13 AM
As Edgar and Alex drink to expel the chill from their bodies, the heat emmanating from the fireplace begins to dry off everyone's clothes.

Swearwords can be heard from the tables as a player is soundly beaten. You overhear snippets of conversation, "I cast Create Greater Undead to begin a shadocalypse." followed shortly by "I cast a Fell Drain Locate City Bomb on my own city to convert them into wights under my command before the chain of shades can begin." Cards are discarded and played while chips are rearranged to reflect the changing gamestate.

stinger201
2011-03-30, 08:30 AM
lifts the bottle "anyone else want some? and are we going to stay the night here?"

nipengneewom
2011-03-30, 08:52 AM
I place my newly acquired warhammer on my back and shift my buckler on my arm. Its weight was bugging my arm. I walk over next to Lloyd after declining the drink from Edgar and Alex. "I like your hat," I mention.
I take a side glance at the commotion to the side.

Adrameleck
2011-03-30, 08:58 AM
Taking my hat off and doing a little bow with it, I comment to Brogan, "A wonderful prize, hehe.I take it you don't like the commotion?"

sabinrene94
2011-03-30, 09:10 AM
I hold my talisman in the light of the fire. "when you ladies are done discussing fashion we should see about our lodgings for the night." I get up and ready my bag to leave the bar.

stinger201
2011-03-30, 11:44 AM
Stands walks over the the barman "do you know where the four of us can stay the night?"

nipengneewom
2011-03-30, 12:50 PM
I respond to Lloyd, "That certainly seems odd..."
I then bow to the Eladrin and move next to Alexander. "Room for four, please," I add.

sabinrene94
2011-04-01, 09:09 PM
to the team in private then the barkeep respectivly. "We don't need to raise too much of a bill. excuse me tavernkeeper if it is too much trouble I do not need a bed."

nipengneewom
2011-04-02, 06:53 AM
"I agree with Edgar. I can sleep outside like I did in Ankh. Make that room for 2, sir."
I then say goodnight to Alex and Lloyd and begin to exit the establishment.

Reficule
2011-04-04, 12:36 PM
"Alright, let me see if I have any rooms available." The barkeeper takes his eyes off of the game to speak to the party members. "I have one room left, its on-

The barkeepers eyes widen as he catches sight of Alex and he reaches under the counter for a club.

"Next time, take off your Guild cloak before trying to spy on us, swine!" At the mention of the word "Guild" a silence falls over the bar as the patrons all look at Alex, ready for bloodshed.

The barkeeper takes a swing at Alex, narrowly missing him.

Adrameleck
2011-04-04, 01:00 PM
I attempt to move quickly to them with the speed granted to me by my fey origin. I move to them with all haste, saying "Wait a minute! There's a very good reason my friend Alex here has that cloak." I then attempt to show him my adventurer's card, and then explain "We're adventurers here."

I used Eldritch Speed to move quickly to the barkeeper and Alexander.
I rolled an initiative of 20 after using Eldritch Speed. And a 9 on Diplomacy.

stinger201
2011-04-04, 01:14 PM
"sir I am in no guild, I came across this cloak in some caves near ankh" holds hands up passively. "please sir we are not looking for a fight but merely a room for two"

using aid an other to aid lloyd's diplomacy check

nipengneewom
2011-04-04, 01:42 PM
I walk back closer to my friends and attempt to find out what's happening. I don't say anything other than nodding to Alex. "I've got your back," I whisper to him. I nonchalantly squeeze my hand on my Avalanche Hammer, ready for a fight if one would occur.

Reficule
2011-04-04, 06:09 PM
The barkeeper pauses, still keeping his club help up. He makes a hand gesture to the patrons who silently fan out, blocking the exits.

"Ok, you are a suspect so back up and keep your hands where I can see them. You with the hat, tell me exactly whats going on and why we shouldn't put a rope around your buddies neck."

Two of the burlier patrons move up to either side of Alex. They have not drawn weapons yet, but they are ready to.

The barkeeper is behind the bar on the left of the room. Lloyd and Edgar are in front of the bar. Brogan is in front of Lloyd and Brogan. Alex in now in the center of the room with two men in a flanking position, ready to attack at the sign of trouble. Brogan is adjacent to one of the men.

Adrameleck
2011-04-04, 07:17 PM
All the while giving my explanation, I walk back and forth in front of the detained Alexander. "You see, as I said before, we're adventurers. I'd rather not mention too many details in front of such a large crowd, or at all, but I can assure you Alex is not part of this 'guild' you speak of. We acquired the cloak, as you would say, from a hostile group near Ankh." I stop for emphasis at this point. "We did not know they were part of a 'guild' that was opposed here. Maybe you could help clear up our confusion on these guilds..."

nipengneewom
2011-04-04, 09:14 PM
"We mean to avoid a fight if at all possible. But believe me, we WILL defend ourselves if the need arises. I ask you all to calmly and politely remove yourselves from my friend," I say. I look back to Edgar and give him a look that says "be ready." I await the response from the barkeeper.

Reficule
2011-04-07, 04:07 PM
The barkeeper lowers his club. "Fine, but be warned that we dont take kindly to the Alchemist's Guild around here. I'm surprised you dont know who they are, they own just about everything except Cold Harbor and Ankh. Thats why there's so much smuggling in these parts, to get non-guild merchandise moving from Ankh"

The patrons, seeing that the confrontation was over, head back to the tables. You hear one or two sighs, whether from disappointment or relief is anyone's guess.

stinger201
2011-04-07, 04:53 PM
takes off the cloak and puts it in my bag "sorry about the misunderstanding, I didnt know that this was the guild cloak. So do you have a room for two sir?"

Reficule
2011-04-07, 04:58 PM
Double post, sorry

Reficule
2011-04-07, 04:59 PM
"You sure only two of you want a room? I owe it to you after this mess. Either way, try the third floor corridor on the right hand side."
He hands over a key and goes back to staring at the games.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Brogan lowers his guard, but he still eyes the other patrons just in case any of them decide to get sneaky. (Spot Check 13)
I then nod to Lloyd and Alex, indicating that I was relieved to see the tension die down. I then turn back and head outside. I take a quick glance to see if Edgar is following me.
"You best behave you two," he winks.

Most of the patrons have returned to their gambling, a couple are occasionally glancing your way. Most likely there is still some mistrust among the patrons.

nipengneewom
2011-04-07, 07:27 PM
Brogan lowers his guard, but he still eyes the other patrons just in case any of them decide to get sneaky. (Spot Check 13)
I then nod to Lloyd and Alex, indicating that I was relieved to see the tension die down. I then turn back and head outside. I take a quick glance to see if Edgar is following me.
"You best behave you two," he winks.

Adrameleck
2011-04-08, 11:31 AM
Making a hearty laugh at Brogan, I say "He must be referring to you, Alex! Now, let's all get a night's rest then try to take care of this."

stinger201
2011-04-08, 02:10 PM
Walks up to the room and passes out on the bed

Adrameleck
2011-04-08, 07:16 PM
Following suit with Alexander, I head up to the room and slowly enter my Reverie.

Reficule
2011-04-09, 03:10 PM
Alex and Lloyd decide to turn in for the night. As Alex sleeps and Lloyd trances, the night remains peaceful.

*Alex and Lloyd, make perception checks in the OOC thread*

Reficule
2011-04-11, 12:26 PM
As Lloyd trances, he hears a noise. His eyes open to see a man dressed in black, hands elbow-deep in the party's bags. He sees the Eladrin and immediately jumps up and leaps out of the window.

Alex is still sleeping soundly, unperturbed by the disturbance.

Adrameleck
2011-04-11, 04:41 PM
Quickly stirring from my Reverie as the shadowy apparition moved across the room, I jump up and attempt to wake Alex. Shaking him, I say "Alex, wake up! Someone was in our stuff!" I then move immediately to follow the figure, jumping out of the window.

Acrobatics check, I guess. 14.

nipengneewom
2011-04-11, 08:52 PM
I stir when I hear the slightest out-of-place sound. I slowly rise to my feet and look around outside of the small shelter Edgar and I created in order to sleep comfortably for the night. It was my turn to stand guard over our shelter while Edgar slept. Nothing seemed out of place, but I could almost sense that something was wrong. I inspect the building near us that holds the inn that Lloyd and Alex were sleeping in. If I succeed in spotting a figure or other creature, then I will immediately wake Edgar. If not, then I will continue my watch in peace.

Perception Check= 17

Hemlock
2011-04-12, 08:35 AM
Brogan, his sleep disturbed, looks out towards the inn and sees a black shape leap from the top floor and sprint down an alleyway and into the twisting back alleys. Shortly afterwards you see a second shape also leap out.

You turn to the sleeping Edgar, shaking him to alert him of the disturbance.

This is Will. Posted on Austins account on accident.

stinger201
2011-04-12, 12:17 PM
while I sleep I hear Lloyd making a ruckus throwing the spare pillow at the direction of his voice perception check = 2

Reficule
2011-04-14, 05:29 PM
Lloyd: You leap out the window, landing on the ground below. You catch sight of the figure sprinting down into twisting alleys. Success 1

Brogan: already posted for you. Success 2

Alex: Groggy, you cant help but notice your party member leaping out the window. Slower perhaps than is wise, you rise from the bed. Lose this round.

The city, though still sparsely populated, has significantly more people wandering the streets at night then when you arrived in the afternoon.

--------------------------------------------------------
Successes 2; Failures 0
Post second round of skill checks.

nipengneewom
2011-04-15, 08:19 AM
"Edgar hurry up! We've got to find out who that was in our room. I'm positive that the figure jumped from the room Lloyd and Alex were sleeping in." Without waiting for the shaman to rise, I strap on my Light Shield and make sure that my Avalanche Hammer is in my holster. I then charge off to follow the two figures. I needed to hurry, because in the night, I could barely see- and I was losing track of them. Soon, however I believe they come into view once more. This time I attempt to figure out whether or not they are hostile or friendly.
(Insight Check= 15)

sabinrene94
2011-04-18, 08:07 AM
I slowly awake from my deep sleep to find my allies in a ruckus so I call my spirit companion to my side and try to get my bearings amongst all the excitement.

I use my "call spirit companion" power and place the spirit at a spot directly next to me.I preform a perception check 20.

Adrameleck
2011-04-18, 02:42 PM
In hot pursuit of his target, the words of his long-known Aegis flowing from his lips, Lloyd quickly realizes he is gaining no ground. He attempts to quickly gather his thoughts and think out where this dark figure might be headed, or why he's headed in this direction.

If he is within range (close blast 3) I will use my Aegis of Ensnarement. (skill challenge, yes I know, but it's a habit) I'll continue pursuit, obviously. And I'll make Streetwise check.

Streetwise Check: 12