PDA

View Full Version : Building the Angriest Popsickle in the World (3.5)

gallagher
2011-03-29, 06:18 PM
so i am currently working on a build. A Neanderthal Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian 2/Fighter2/Fist of the Forest 3/Frostrager 5/ Frenzied Berserker 8

This guy is Angry. Probably because he is cold and practically naked. this anger caused most people to not want to be around him, which probably made him even more angry. but man is he tough.

Due to his anger, let us assume he is always, always in a trance, raging and frenzying (because really, thats all we want to see).

Ability Scores (32 pb): 18/14/16/8/8/8
After adjustment for Race, HD, et al. 50/22/32/12/14/14
Items for Ability Scored: +5 Str from Levels, Manual (Str) +5, Manual (Con) +4, Belt of Magnificence (+6), +14 Str from Rage+Frenzy, +4 Dex from Trance, +4 Con from Rage, Racial Adjustments (+2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Dex, -2 Int)

AC: 30 (+11 Con, +3 (Lvl 5 Monk), +6 Dex, +6 Natural, -2 from Rage, -4 from Frenzy)
Touch: 20 FF: 30

Saves: 37/17/13

Items For AC/ Saves: Monk's Belt (re-slotted to bracers), +5 Cloak of Resistance

ATTACKS: 2d10+22+1d6 (Cold) for Unarmed Strikes (1d8 base, 9 effective levels of Monk, 2 category increases from FotF), 1d12+12+1d6 (cold) For Snap Kick, 1d6+22+1d6(Cold) for Bite

Regular Attack: 36/36/36 for 2 UUs's and a Snap Kick

Full Attack: 6 Regular UUS's at 36/36/36/31/26/21, a Snap Kick at 36 and a Bite at 36

Special Attack: Rend for 2d8+32+1d6(cold)
Important Note: does Rending, Bite, and Snap Kick all count as unarmed strikes? my numbers here represent if they do count as unarmed strikes.

Feats:
Flaw: Improved Unarmed Strike
Flaw: Power Attack
Lvl1: Frozen Berserker
Lvl 3: Great Fortitude
Fighter1: Superior Unarmed Strike
Fighter 2: Cleave
Lvl 6: Snap Kick
Lvl 9: Destructive Rage
Lvl 12: Intimidating Rage
Lvl 15: Extra Rage
Lvl 18: Roundabout Kick

Money Spent so far: 200000 gp for +6 Belt of Magnificence, 247000 gp for Tomes, 19500 gp fpr Monk's Bracers, 25000gp for Cloak of Resistance
Money that is yet to be spent: 288,500 gp

So i have this naked, frozen Neanderthal that has about 290,000 gp left to spend. what do you guys think so far? any additions/subtractions that might be helpful? and what other items do you guys think i should be looking at? note that in a trance, my gloves and boots get destroyed because i grow some sort of claw.

also, what might be some ways to add in more natural attacks?

gallagher
2011-03-29, 06:57 PM
just some more information: as you can see this guy is an unarmed fighting style character. he can pack some serious punches without it becoming too ridiculous (like doing damage in the 1000's per hit, for example). i took roundabout kick because i figure there are going to be many, many strikes going around, and as soon as i find the item that lets me put enchantment bonuses on my unarmed strikes (so i can make them keen) i will have many many chances to crit.

i didnt include skills, because really i dont need anything higher than an 8 so i have plenty of room to put them where i please at my leisure. i dont have leap attack in there, so i dont need to max Jump (or anything really)

i have 3 rages per day, 4 frenzies and 2 trances.

Darth Stabber
2011-03-30, 01:17 AM
You need to sneak at least 1 lvl of bear warrior onto that build. You get so angry you turn into a bear, rowar.

I mean that from both an optimizarion standpoint and from an awesome standpoint. Seriously even 1 lvl of bear warrior gets you 3 more attacks on a full attack, more str, dex and con, pluss improved grab. Now you only get these benefits while raging or frenzying, but boy do you get them. Also since you are going to frenzy a lot, you probably want to try to jam in some access to iron heat surge, to end the frenzy when the last enemy falls.

Keld Denar
2011-03-30, 01:43 AM
I think there are some issues with your UAS damage stacking. I remember looking over FotF and how it interacted with Frost Rager. Both set your UAS damage to certain value, and have no base monk equivalent. Since you don't have a base monk equivalent, the size increase clauses don't stack. I'd have to go back and read up on it a bit, but it went something like that.

Darrin
2011-03-30, 06:53 AM
so i am currently working on a build. A Neanderthal Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian 2/Fighter2/Fist of the Forest 3/Frostrager 5/ Frenzied Berserker 8

Hmm... needs more Deepwarden. Are you familiar with Frozen Dwarf Hulk Smash (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50588)?

Take the Whirling Frenzy variant rage for an extra attack. Planar Touchstone -> Oxyhynchus for an extra attack against flat-footed opponents.

For natural attacks, a 2-level Totemist dip gets you Girallon Arms, which would be either three or four secondary claw attacks. Double Chakra feat + Lamia Belt gets another two secondary claws. Chaos Roc's Span (Dragon #350) adds two wing buffet attacks. There are several ways to add a bite attack. You mentioned 290000 GP? There are a bunch of grafts that can add natural attacks, most notably the Serpent Arm, 12000 GP for a bite attack + poison. You could buy 24 Serpent Arms for 290000 GP.

Darth Stabber
2011-03-30, 10:55 AM
Bear warrior1 gives you two claws and a bite while raging.

Taking a lvl or two in psychic warrior gives you a few options for powers that will give you natural weapon (though you can't manifest while raging)

Totemist 2 gives you all sorts of access to natural weapons (via totem chakra binding), and every morning you get to choose a new natural weapon to attack with. Girallon arms give you 4 1d4 claws, phase cloak gives you a bite with con damage poison. Kruthik claws give you 2 1d6 claws that each deal +1d4 acid damage per invested essentia (though you'll only have 2 essentia). Or you can do any number of other extremely cool thing that aren't even natural weapons, like dim door 30ft as a move action. Plus you can have 2 other soulmelds that aren't bound. And these things last all day, and you can move essentia while raging. And since the totem chakra has no corresponding body slot, you aren't effected by the biggest downside of incarnum (ie making magic item slots unusable).

gallagher
2011-03-30, 11:23 AM
I think there are some issues with your UAS damage stacking. I remember looking over FotF and how it interacted with Frost Rager. Both set your UAS damage to certain value, and have no base monk equivalent. Since you don't have a base monk equivalent, the size increase clauses don't stack. I'd have to go back and read up on it a bit, but it went something like that.
well i have teh unarmed strike of a level 5 monk from the monk's belt, superior unarmed strike puts that up to 9th level monk, correct? and fist of the forest says that if my unarmed strike damage is already that high or higher, that it goes up to the next step IIRC. i assumed frost rager would apply the same principle

You need to sneak at least 1 lvl of bear warrior onto that build. You get so angry you turn into a bear, rowar.

I mean that from both an optimizarion standpoint and from an awesome standpoint. Seriously even 1 lvl of bear warrior gets you 3 more attacks on a full attack, more str, dex and con, pluss improved grab. Now you only get these benefits while raging or frenzying, but boy do you get them. Also since you are going to frenzy a lot, you probably want to try to jam in some access to iron heat surge, to end the frenzy when the last enemy falls.
and yeah, i want to put a level of bear warrior in there. polar bear warrior. that would be awesome. i am still working with the build as you can see.

and as far as iron heart surge... the party i am in has dominate person/monster on their spell list, as well as other things like stay the hand that force will saves to keep me from hurting them too badly