PDA

View Full Version : The Oculus (IC)

mrwest13
2011-03-29, 08:19 PM
Characters:
Vokeer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=281726)
Melchior (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=281993)
Gabriel (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=278027)

Jade (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=278879)
Deus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=278020)

Housekeeping:
Please format your posts as follows:
Character name in bold

Actions and thoughts in a color of your choice, italicized. "Thoughts in single or double quotes." "Quotes without italics."

Please use a spoiler for rolls and OOC actions and clarifications.

It didn't take you long to get to the forest described in the letter. South border of the country of Riiw, on the material plane. What did take a long time was finding the small log cabin nestled between two small rock faces, hidden in the middle of the woods. Of the few things it said, the letter you received implied that there were many wards protecting this place, but that you had been exempted. It seems like an unnecessary precaution to you, as it took the better part of a day of searching to find the place.

The other thing the letter stated was that there would be more than one person at the meeting. Looking around as you approach the cabin, you see no one. Maybe they have already entered? You got lucky and found it first? Either way, you are skeptical of the final line of the letter. It seems as though anyone who could hide himself this well has nothing to worry about. Still, it stuck out oddly to you:

Your assistance is of the utmost importance.

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-29, 10:01 PM
Vokeer d'Kalin

Vokeer looked at the cabin with apathetic eyes, his long, metal composite arms clearing the way for him, wings folded close to his body as to not be snared by the branches of the trees. It didn't look like much, then again, neither had he when he first began his search for perfection. He walked quickly to the cabin, knocking rather than just entering. Whoever had sent for him must have been powerful to scry his location while he wore the cocealing third eye, and he did not want to offend someone that could, in all likelyhood, send him to oblivion.

mrwest13
2011-03-29, 10:54 PM
Vokeer's knock resounds strongly against the wooden door of the cabin. The sound is deadened by the surrounding trees, but there is no doubt that anyone in the home would have heard a noise that strong. A moment after the sound has left the air, the door opens. A thin man stands on the other side. His body is completely covered in blue glowing runes, and his eyes glow with a similar unearthly hue. He wears a simple tunic, but the stones flying around his head and the expensive looking magical jewelry he wears betrays his wealth. He glances past Vokeer's large frame to see if there is anyone else to greet. Seeing no one, he looks at Vokeer, motioning him inside.

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-29, 11:11 PM
Vokeer d'Kalin

Vokeer enters quietly, stooping to get through the door, as was often the case. He then folds his wings closer to his body to create a makeshift shirt and turns to the glowing man, he looks around quickly before turning back to the glowing man and stating, "I'm Vokeer d'Kalin, this," he holds up the letter, "was sent to me, and a few others if i read correctly. Were you the one that sent it?"

mrwest13
2011-03-29, 11:26 PM
A voice reverberates in Vokeer's mind, "I am the one who sent you the letter. You are the first to arrive. Have a seat." He motions to a sturdy looking chair in the living area.

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-30, 08:27 AM
Vokeer d'Kalin

Vokeer nods and sits on the floor, it was difficult for him to sit in normal chairs because of his size, and the floor was usually more comfortable if a little messy, at least where he usually worked. He knew most people wait for everyone arrives before explaining anything in a bid to not repeat themselves, he'd done it himself with some of his patients, but it was annoying when you were the first to arrive.

mrwest13
2011-03-30, 09:58 AM
Vokeer hears the voice again, "The floor is clean, I assure you. Apologies for the wait, my estimates were slightly off as to when to send each letter."

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-30, 10:28 AM
Vokeer d'Kalin

"Are all mages into the habit of reading minds without permission, or just you?" Vokeer asks, even more annoyed than before, it was one of the few things he wouldn't do, reading minds had two things going for it, a chance of seeing/hearing something you really didn't want to know about, or being caught up so much in another's head you'd never find your way out. He prefered to stick to studying the bodies, the physical aspects of a creature. "Other than that i don't really mind waiting. I've never seen those markings before," he indicates the man's tattooed runes, "are they simply arcane symbols, a dead language, or one that's just uncommon?"

mrwest13
2011-03-30, 05:59 PM
"A common mistake. I did not read your mind, simply your body language and facial expressions."

He glances back towards the door, "These symbols are not so different from the work that you do, human. Simply the result of experiments in the arcane.

Fan
2011-03-30, 06:03 PM
Start entry sequence

Gabriel took a deep breath as the cockpit filled with the impact dampening gel, the fluid also serving to synchronize his movements with that of the machine, his fingers clenching and gripping in time with the machine as the next series of commands came over the intercom.

Impact gel ionization complete, Gabriel. Please specify linguistic norms for interaction with deus vult.

Gabriel smiled and knew that this was almost done, his whole body tingling. Whenever he had a chance to pilot this thing or show it off, he did, but first thing was first, his voice echoed strangely clear through the liquid, the oxygenated ballistics gel serving to deliver the appropriate amount of air to his lungs despite the fact that he didn't have any gills.

"Since it's been awhile, set it to common. Don't need any communications errors due to a grammar foul up on my part."

He says this knowing full well someone like him wouldn't ever do it, but it paid to have a sense of humor in conditions like these, lights flashed inside the cockpit and he felt the comforting grasp of God's Will envelop his mind, the two functioning as one as light entered the compound, massive angelic wings spreading from the back of the machine, Gabriel's fists charging with the magic needed to carry the mech forward during launch, his feet glowing red in turn with the mech's as he exploded from the **** pit, orange red sparks flying from the wheeled heels of the god machine, the entire body beginning to glow as the ring gate opened above the specified location, and the mech tore into the clearing, landing with a colossal KRACK as a mighty oak snapped underneath it's foot.

On top of the mech, Gabriel's red headed cohort, and sister patronized him over com link, telling him how he fouled up one turn or another and could've wrecked a clockwork servo if he wasn't careful. In response, Gabriel simply chuckled, and flexed his shoulders the enchantment on the mech causing it to shrink down around him the grinding sheers of plating and creation melting down into a single set of lean armor.

Together with his sister, Gabriel then approached the door of the estate, and knocked.

Though this was obviously just a curt nod in respect to the owners privacy, he opened the door, and gave a bow.

"My name is Gabriel. Gabriel Nyguen. I am the vessel of God's Will. What have you summoned me for?"

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-30, 09:21 PM
Vokeer d'Kalin

Vokeer raises an eyebrow, "Interesting trick," He comments, before looking to the door when it opened, "guess the others have arrived."

2 things.
1) Vokeer looks like a demon, at least somewhat, so this meeting should get interesting.
2) Would Vokeer have heard of Gabriel, Dues Vult, and/or Jade before?

mrwest13
2011-03-31, 12:04 AM
The voice echoes in both of your minds, "Yes, I generally don't welcome those that welcome themselves." The rune-covered man gestures into the living space ushering the new arrivals in, glancing back at Vokeer, "Another easy mistake to make. I sent four messages. These two received the last."

Fan
2011-03-31, 06:38 AM
The voice echoes in both of your minds, "Yes, I generally don't welcome those that welcome themselves." The rune-covered man gestures into the living space ushering the new arrivals in, glancing back at Vokeer, "Another easy mistake to make. I sent four messages. These two received the last."

"That we did, and we took a break off of our campaign against the Lunar Dragons to come here. Whatever threat this is better be worth our time."

Gabriel says haughtily, but it's clearly (to the psion, I have no doubt he has easily as many ranks in sense motive as it would be required for something simple like this. For Vokeer. I don't know.) little more than a facade, and it's soon enough apparent to everyone as Gabriel bursts out laughing.

"My apologies.. we don't really often meet new people, so I figured I'd try some humor.. but in the quest for jests, I have forgotten my manners, this is my sister.. and primary mechanic for my machine.. Jade Fuyuuki.. It's not a blood relation before anyone asks who the Mr. is."

Jade gives a curt bow, before standing at attention, and saying in a soft tone that seemed to pass as gently by as a whisper on a silken breeze.

"Jade Fuyuuki. A pleasure to meet you, your name is?"

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-31, 10:00 AM
Vokeer d'Kalin

Vokeer stands with a groan, then looks at the mage, raising an eyebrow, he didn't think someone of is level would pick someone incapable of whatever they'd be doing, but he didn't expect him to call people like this, a joker with a rather bland sense of humor (though his wasn't much better) and a templar at that, he really hoped this mage knew what he was doing when he sent out for these people, he hoped they could work with people like himself, namely those that were considered evil, though he didn't think of himself that way. After shaking his head he responds to the woman's query "I suggest we wait until everyone is here so we don't have to repeat ourselves, i hate having to do so and i'm sure you'll agree it is most annoying." He then sits back down, this time leaning against the wall. He pulls a strip of cloth from a pouch and ties it around his lidless eyes and tilts his head back, resting, but not sleeping (he did not require sleep any more, though the new arrivals likely didn't know that).

mrwest13
2011-03-31, 11:58 PM
"I am not one to give out my name so easily," the voice replies. "Having a name makes locating a person much easier."

The man glances at you meaningfully. "Please understand, this is not a matter of trust. I have already confided in you the location of my most precious hideaway, and brought you here to speak of something which requires even more trust. Call it... superstition. It has been a very long time since I have given out my name. It is a fortunate thing that I have a good memory, else I would have forgotten it completely.

He glances towards the door again, seeming to expect a knock at any minute. Hearing nothing, he gestures again for Gabriel and Jade to have a seat.

Goonthegoof
2011-04-04, 09:42 AM
Melchior

A small patch of blue energy appears in a corner of the room and spins, rapidly transforming itself into a ring of eldritch energy. Rapidly new rings start appearing around it, spinning round each other and growing as they do, arcs of energy starting to leap from ring to ring with each new ring spreading more tendrils of energy until there is a two metre wide spherical cage of pure magic, spinning so fast that it is impossible to see what is inside it.

Only a few seconds after it appeared the sphere bursts in a needlessly dramatic flow of harmless energy, leaving only a middle aged man with ashen skin and burning eyes standing in a space previously empty as a testament to its existence.

"Evening, gentlemen" the man says in a crackling voice. "I'm sorry to be late, but due to a few misunderstandings I didn't get the letter until recently"

I had some trouble with myth-weavers, I'd prepared my spells and rearranged some feats a while ago but it doesn't seem to have stuck. I'll redo them tomorrow.

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-04, 04:34 PM
Vokeer d'Kalin

"So, is this everyone?"

Fan
2011-04-04, 07:01 PM
"And if it wasn't? What would it matter? After all, if it were up to me, I'd do it all myself. Me and Jade here. Handle anything that comes our way, and sometimes intercept things that come yours. It's just how we roll."

He says with a cocky smile, and a thumbs up even as he knows full well in his head that they have no idea what they'd be going up against, but he had always placed his bets on Deus Vult and it's team, and he's never really been one for losing.

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-04, 07:54 PM
Vokeer d'Kalin

Vokeer raises an eyebrow, "Overconfidence will be your downfall," he says, "Trust me on this, even the best can be brought to their knees by someone that knows how. And i most certainly know how, at least for templars of the gods such as yourself." his eyes remain covered the entire conversation, his matter-of-fact tone showing he isn't mocking, isn't looking down on Gabriel, isn't disrespecting, only stating what he believes is a fact.

mrwest13
2011-04-04, 11:43 PM
A look of confusion flickers over the host's face, "This is the margin I allowed for error in my calculations. Melchior has proved that I was right to assume some unexpected variables, but I need to explain before the safety margin of your stay expires."

He walks into the common room and takes a seat in one of the chairs, motioning for the rest of you to sit. Looking across at Vokeer, he winks.

"Before I begin, do you have any questions?"

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-05, 09:08 AM
Vokeer d'Kalin

"Nothing really, though i'll be attaching these so i won't be able to see for a few moments," Vokeer pulls the cloth from his eyes, then pulls a pair of mithral eyeshields, artificial eyelids essentially, and a few bolts. He sets the metal over his eyes and just flicks the bolts through the metal into his skull, a total of six bolts, with only a small trickle of blood that he quickly clears up, this seems like a common occurance for him since there was no hesitation in planting the bolts. He then screws them in quickly to keep them in place, and attune them to the greymatter in his construction, then flips open the new eyeshields with a thought. He finishes and opens the eyeshields at the very end of the conversation.

Fan
2011-04-05, 01:20 PM
"Idle threats and attacks on my ego. And here I thought we were friends. The only thing I ask if that you get to the point, we're all grown ups here. We don't need to beat around the bush."

Gabriel says shrugging, even as Jade gives him a disapproving look that tells him quite clearly not to be so rude to their host, this look was further augmented by a swat to the back of his head.

"Anyways.. Names.. yeah. You already know mine, so how about returning the favor?

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-05, 03:41 PM
Vokeer d'Kalin

"Vokeer d'Kalin, my specialty is combat, mundane means of healing, and creating magic items of all sorts." He replies, moving a wing to hold the eyeshields in place and offer a hand in Gabriel and Jade's general direction.

mrwest13
2011-04-06, 12:07 PM
The runed man waits for the conversation to die down, clears his throat, and begins.

"Let me get straight to the point, as we are short on time. It has come to my attention that an organization is attempting to usurp the power of the gods. Now, regardless of how you feel about the gods, this would be a catastrophe beyond your comprehension. There is a fine balance within the pantheon which allows our world, our existence, to continue on undisturbed. Granted, there have been those in the past who have killed a god. Keep in mind that these occurrences are extremely rare, and the normal reaction is for the other gods to grant whichever mortal slayed him or her the portfolio and relative rank within the pantheon. What this organization I mentioned is attempting to do is remove the pantheon altogether, creating one of their own."

He shifts in his seat, looking at each of you in turn, "I called you here because I believe you are the ones capable of stopping this group from following through with their plan. I don't know all of the operatives in this organization's employ, but all signs point to worst case scenarios at every turn. I am worried that the fourth person I sent a message to has not arrived, because he is a critical piece to your success. He glances down the hallway, craning his neck to see the door. Shaking his head, he turns back to you, "There is nothing that I plan to do if you choose to not assist me in this. I know you might expect to have your memory wiped or something similar. I will take no such precautions, because once you walk out that door, my hope for the stability of the planes is all but lost"

Leaning back in his chair, he folds his arms, "Now, what questions do you have?"

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-06, 12:55 PM
Vokeer d'Kalin

Vokeer gazes at the mage, the metal plate now attached, and simply says, "I'm willing to help, the way you described it is like the inner workings of the human body, everything requiring a precise balance but can be altered with careful working," he indicates his grafts and the metal arms, "Without careful planning to maintain this balance the universe would shut down just like the human body would, slowly and painfully. My guess is they only planned on how to overthrow the gods and not how to maintain the balance that is needed, correct?"

Fan
2011-04-06, 06:33 PM
Gabriel and Jade (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxKhhMdbU5I&feature=related)

"Those who seek to usurp heaven are fated to be felled before me. My name is Gabriel. Gabriel Nyguen. I am the sword of celestia, the hammer of Davorakk. There are none who have stood before me that have not fallen. If these arrogant whelps desire to break the balance of creation, then they shall be punished for their impudence!"

Apparently this is no longer a joking matter, but SERIOUS BUSINESS, humor passed out the door at the mention of threatening his home, and his God. No longer the genial creature who had opened with a joke, but the man who cleaved the darkness, and bringer of light. The hammer of Deus Vult! Gabriel Nyguen!

"He's right, those who dare to stand in the way of the happiness of others to achieve their own ends, and trample on those who cannot defend themselves. They don't deserve to live, let alone claim any sort of deific power. These beings are insults to creation, mockeries of what a divine purpose means! Anyone who believes in their cause is truly stupid. Belief should be out of love, and dedication. Not some sick avarice, that's not belief in a god, or any purpose, but only belief in yourself!"

Here was the woman who could cleave boulders with her bare hands, who defeated the Pit Fiend Melcanth in unarmed combat, and who acted with such celerity that time itself seemed to lag behind her decisions. This was the hand of Celestia. The clenched fist of Kord, aspiring Saint, and Seventh Master of the Silver Fist. Jade Fuyuki!

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-06, 06:45 PM
Vokeer d'Kalin

Vokeer grins, he'd be able to work with these templars, mercy just went out the window, and that means one hindrance working with the 'good guys' usually posed just went out the window. Standing to his full 7ft 6', Vokeer looks at the other mage, then back to the runed mage and asks, "where do we begin?"

mrwest13
2011-04-06, 10:56 PM
"With his response." The man looks at Melchior expectantly.

Goonthegoof
2011-04-07, 12:46 AM
"I'm in. At the very least this will give me greater insight into the workings of the cosmos which will be most beneficial." Melchior replies.
"How much time do we have? Depending on the urgency I'd like an hour or two to set up some defenses."

Fan
2011-04-07, 07:23 AM
"The journey alone will take that much time my friend, merely doing it here leaves the enemy more time to track us to this location. The elements of war are composed in aggression. We have the advantage. They do not know we know who, and where they are.. provided our runed friend here can provide a location. If we strike now, we maintain the element of surprise, and may take them unawares, striking deep into their heart, and cutting off the head of the invasion before it can ever get off the ground. This is the nature of war after all."

He says shaking his head, after all, if they just teleported in they could trigger any number of wards, if they merely did it correctly and the old fashioned way, they wouldn't have to worry about that, and could teleport OUT if they got caught, if they teleported in, odds are they'd be captured on the spot after a delay'd teleport.

mrwest13
2011-04-08, 12:38 AM
"Unfortunately, the 'old fashioned way' will have to suffice for more than simply your trip out of here. I do not know where this organization is based, and precious few names of members within it. The information I have gathered came at great effort, and is very fragmented."

He glances nervously toward the door again.

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-11, 11:23 AM
Vokeer d'Kalin

Vokeer nods and waits on the others.