PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Trader (Player/Adventure advice)

Kane
2011-03-29, 09:09 PM
Running a Rogue Trader game for some people, as the thread title might suggest. Run into a few problems:

Primarily,the party consists of a Voidmaster (helmsman and captain of the ship), an Astropath Transcendant (Busy impersonating the deceased Rogue Trader NPC, for various plot related reasons,) and a sometimes-absent Kroot Merc.

Recently, though, two players have joined (A good thing.), a Seneschal and an Explorator. Problem being that neither are particularly well versed in the 40k setting or lore. The Seneschal doesn't really have much of a problem with it (Currently impersonating a scion of the RT and trying to con the crew out of money,), but the Explorator is having trouble coming up with things for his character to want (besides more gear,) or do, besides what he's told to as part of the crew.

So the question is how do I make things entertaining for all of them, (including the newcomers)? I'd hate to turn the newcomers off of gaming in general (particularly since this is the Explorator's first real game.).

######################################

On a different note, I need advice as for what to throw at my players- Specifically, they are intending to forcibly take over the "Breaking Yards at SR-651". (Edge of the Expanse, if you're wondering.) Their current resources towards that end are:

Their Frigate ( armed with Sunsear laser and Pyros Meltacannon)
Two Pirate raiders that they have impressed into service. (The Voidmaster has dreams of space-Somali-pirate activities, and sold them quite well. Though the fact that he has demonstrated the ability to utterly destroy the pirates has also proven quite compelling.)
A regiment of Necromundan Ship-rats (Boarding Troops)

Their tactics, I believe, will be to pretend the two raiders are damaged and being brought in to be broken up, get within the shipyard's defenses and dock, then make a blitzkrieg rush for the commander or administrator of the yards, to try and kill and/or displace him/her.

All this explained, how can I make sure that the explorers are involved in this, have things they can do other than simple combat, and are suitably... challenged?

Note: If you serve on a frigate called Empress of the Void, and are busy trying to scrape together enough money to pay off the deceased Rogue Trader's debt and/or establish yourself enough that the Rogue Trader's dynasty can't take your ship from you.... Please leave the thread. Now.:smallwink: