PDA

View Full Version : Lowest Monster AC

Strife Warzeal
2011-03-29, 10:21 PM
I said in one of games today, as OOC knowledge, when I rolled a total of 5 on an attack roll that there isn't a monster in the manual (or anywhere else for that matter) that could get hit by that.

This got me thinking, what is the monster with the lowest AC?

Kantolin
2011-03-29, 10:30 PM
The Elder Black Pudding (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/ooze.htm#elderBlackPudding) has an AC of 1. Regular black pudding has an AC of 3, and many other oozes are 5 or less. :P

...I guess you could make an elder black pudding intelligent somehow and have it take a level of barbarian and rage, but 1 AC is probably the lowest you're getting by default.

Emperor Ing
2011-03-29, 10:31 PM
Genius Loci (SRD) have an AC of *drumroll* 0. Yeah, that's right. Zero.

Strife Warzeal
2011-03-29, 10:32 PM
Edit: ^ Looked that up in the SRD, why does it have a +5 jump?:smalltongue: Though it is epic, AC doesn't matter in the slightest at that point. Who is still using damage to kill at that point?

The oozes didn't even cross my mind, thanks. I guess I was wrong about my statement.

If anyone knows any other really low AC monsters it would be interesting to know.

Runestar
2011-03-29, 11:03 PM
Is it possible to get a negative AC? Or will your AC stop at zero? Because stacking abilities like rage, frenzy, shock trooper, robilar's gambit and karmic strike will really degrade your AC. :smallamused:

ffone
2011-03-30, 02:08 AM
Aside: I always found Shock Trooper mildly idiotic for this reason. You can make your AC worse than it would be if you were paralyzed.

Since being helpless makes your effective Dex 0 and imposes a further -4 AC to melee attacks, I'm tempted to houserule that you can't use Shock Trooper to lower your AC by more than (9 + Dex mod ).

Kantolin
2011-03-30, 02:09 AM
I guess with shock trooper, you're leaning into the attack and diving in the way of attacks and other incredibly unwise things? ^_^

FMArthur
2011-03-30, 08:14 AM
You could use Shock Trooper, Banzai Charge and probably some other things like Karmic Strike and Robilar's Gambit to easily drop your AC below -40.

Killer Angel
2011-03-30, 08:26 AM
Is it possible to get a negative AC? Or will your AC stop at zero? Because stacking abilities like rage, frenzy, shock trooper, robilar's gambit and karmic strike will really degrade your AC. :smallamused:

I'd say you can reach -50, or -61 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121009&highlight=lowest). :smallcool:

KillianHawkeye
2011-03-30, 08:40 AM
why does it have a +5 jump?:smalltongue:

That is a result of its extremely high Strength combined with its abyssmal speed.