PDA

View Full Version : New warforged components

Realms of Chaos
2011-03-29, 11:11 PM
I got bored the other day and so I decided to make a few random warforged components. Nothing mindblowing but a few simple things that I'm surprised where never made in any eberron book. :smallconfused:

Black Blood (Embedded Component): This odd item, often held in a canister, is a living analogue to oil. When poured upon a warforged, it circulates around the body of the warforged keeping everything in check. In effect, the black blood is an intelligent, slotless item (Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10) of your alignment that is incapable of sensing the world or of communicating with you, though it follows your mental commands.
Used commonly on battlefields, this item enhances your senses, allowing you to use detect magic at will and granting you a perpetual altered deathwatch effect that only indicates the condition of living constructs within range. Furthermore, the blood is capable of tending your wounds and empowering you, allowing you to use repair moderate wounds and haste upon yourself each three times per day (CL 5).
The item has an ego score of 5 but, incapable of sensing its surroundings, rarely ever tries to impose its will. Unlike most components, removing black blood from a warforged requires that their body be completely destroyed in the process.
Strong Transmutation, CL 5th, Craft Wondrous Item; Price 75,600 gp

Essence of the Spy (Embedded Component): This dull grey disk, when inserted into the inner mechanics of a warforged, occupies the same item slot as an amulet and exudes an illusory disguise over the warforged when mentally activated as a standard action. This effect functions as the disguise self spell.
Faint Illusion; CL 3rd; Craft Wondrous Item, disguise self; Price 2,700 gp

Forcefield Generators (Attached Component): These lengthy metallic cuffs are sized to clamp around the entire forearms of a warforged, occupying the same item slot as a pair of bracers. While both cuffs are worn, they continually create a small barrier around your body. Though this barrier doesn’t interfere with interacting with objects, it protects you against most forms of attacks, including those that you aren’t aware of. You gain a deflection bonus to your AC of a size depending on the generators.
Moderate Abjuration; CL 7th; Craft Wondrous Item, shield of faith, creator’s caster level must be at least two times that of the bonus placed in the generators; Price 2,000 gp (+1), 8,000 gp (+2), 18,000 gp (+3), 32,000 gp (+4), 50,000 gp (+5), 72,000 gp (+6), 98,000 gp (+7), 128,000 gp (+8); Weight 1 lb.

Missile Launcher (Attached Component): This item consists of a single pad of partially solidified quicksilver placed in the palm of the warforged to focus the energy needed for the missiles and an array of wires extending along the wrist and towards each finger to allow for superior aim. As such, a missile launcher occupies the same item slot as gloves. As a standard action, you may release a number of missiles formed of force, as the magic missile spell. The number of missiles released depends on the missile launcher used.
Faint or Moderate Evocation; CL 1st (1 missile), 3rd (2 missiles), 5th (3 missiles), 7th (4 missiles), or 9th (5 missiles); Craft Wondrous Item, magic missile; Price 1,800 gp (1 missile), 3,600 gp (2 missiles), 5,400 gp (3 missiles), 7,200 gp (4 missiles), 9,000 gp (5 missiles).

Positive Energy Converter (Attached Component): This large iron pack is typically secured around the waist by a series of cables that connect with the inner mechanisms of the warforged, occupying the same item slot as a belt. When you are targeted by an effect that heals you through positive energy while wearing the converter, you heal the full amount of positive energy.
Strong Transmutation; CL 13th; Craft Wondrous Item, synostodweomer; Price 60,000 gp

Rocket Pack (Attached Component):[spoiler] This series of two metallic capsults attach to the back of a warforged with large exhaust holes pointing downwards, occupying the same item slot as a cape. As a standard action, you can mentally activate the pack propel you upwards. 3 times per day, you may have the pack provide a +20 bonus to the next Jump check you make within 1 round. In addition, once per day, you may have the pack grant you a fly speed equal to twice your land speed (clumsy maneuverability) for 5 rounds.
Faint Transmutation; CL 5th; Craft Wondrous Item, fly, jump; Price 8,640

Runic Plating (Attached Component): These rune-covered metallic plates are fitted upon the torso of a warforged, fitting almost like a shirt or vest and occupying the same item slot. While worn, your armor bonus to AC increases by +1 and applies against the attacks of incorporeal creatures.
Strong Transmutation; CL 15th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, etherealness; Price 24,000 gp

Voice Modulator (Embedded Component) This diminutive iron box fits into the throat of a warforged before interfacing with the voice synthesizer of the warforged, altering its very voice. Though you can’t consciously control their own voice with this component, it makes the voice of a warforged sound far more organic, friendly, and convincing, granting a +5 competence bonus to Bluff and Diplomacy checks. The voice modulator does not occupy an item slot.
Faint Transmutation; CL 5th; Craft Wondrous Item; Price 10,000 gp

lightningcat
2011-03-30, 12:12 AM
Black Blood (Embedded Component)

:smallconfused: Interesting, I don't know if I like it or not.

Essence of the Spy (Embedded Component):

First read this as Essence of the Sky, but this is cool idea.

Forcefield Generators (Attached Component):

Not quite what I think of when I think force field, but a useful trick nonetheless.

Missile Launcher (Attached Component):

Ooh, micro-missiles :smallbiggrin:

Positive Energy Converter (Attached Component):

Useful, but not anything special. But seems pricey for how useful it is.

Rocket Pack (Attached Component):

More Jump Jets then Rocket pack, but still fun.

Runic Plating (Attached Component):

Trade out a vest for the equivilent of ghost touch armor? I'll take that.

Voice Modulator (Embedded Component)

This reminds me about the conversation in the "I, Robot" movie about giving the robots faces for some reason. But it is a useful ability and works beutifully with the Essence of the Spy. Now, we can have teminators that really do blend in.:smallbiggrin:

Interesting, flavorful, and useful. All in all, I like them.

Almagesto
2013-04-02, 01:40 PM
I find this very interesting. I'm currently considering playing a warforged. I'm going for the Megaman X look. What else could you recommend for me? I would like to mesh some of your ideas (like the missile launcher) with other ideas from the game - maybe get some components as well.

What should I do?

Realms of Chaos
2013-04-02, 02:50 PM
Well, it's certainly been a long time since I've seen this thread. :smalltongue:

Well, to start off, I'm not really all that familiar with megaman as a series (having only played one or two games briefly). From what I understand, though, megaman's most recognizable talent from at least some games is the ability to adapt the weaponry of enemies (kind of like a mini-kirby) to grant a good deal of versatility.

I'm not too sure about what abilities are actually gained in this way but the best way to represent them, I'd say, is to make a slotless magic item type specifically for warforged that each grant SLAs (such as burning hands), restricting the wearer to one at a time. Kind of like ectoplasmic skins from psionics except specifically for warforged.

Beyond this, however, what is is specifically that you'd want your megaman to do (keeping in mind that I'm not too familiar with the games)?

Almagesto
2013-04-02, 04:25 PM
Like you said, I basically want a very versatile cannon with leveled damage. Maybe I can get the DM to have me "acquire" the different energy types or spell effects as I level up in lieu of getting gps for killing some monsters.

Also, I've only played 2 games (X and X2). So I'll settle for a fairly classic concept - I don't want to go into the details, just the feel of a Megaman X character.

I've started a threat for this - Megaman X (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278658). Any help there would also be helpful.