PDA

View Full Version : Worlds Largest Dungeon Mark I (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

SemiteLock
2011-03-29, 11:29 PM
OOC Page (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10662768#post10662768)

The township of Brighton is a peaceful little area. While there have been rumors of an old underground jail that have persisted for some time, no one has ever substantiated the claims.

Many adventurers have been through the area, most recently was a Sorcerer by the name of Longtail, a rat of a man that was very much unwelcome in the town. He did not stay long though, before venturing out to find this rumored jail. Good riddance thought the people of Brighton.

Then the monsters appeared. While no deaths have been reported as of yet, attacks of little brown creatures have been reported, as well as goblins. As such, the town guard has been looking for some time to hire out a group of adventures to find out what happened to Longtail, and to hopefully stop these creatures.

You are that group. Having been fully supplied, you set out to stop these problems. Several days of adventuring have led you to a deep cave...

This leads you to a passageway, and finally, to a door with no handle.

Feel free to roleplay out some talking amongst yourselves till I get back online. The cave has no traps or monsters in it. You follow it to the door, and from there feel free to figure out how to get through the door

SPoD
2011-03-30, 05:15 AM
Byzra had enjoyed the walk from the town to the cave. She had never been to the Material Plane before, and she found it endlessly fascinating. She positively skipped down the path, looking at the trees, the sun, the grass, all with the eyes of a child.

And, like a child, she fell down. A lot. When she did, she would smile and explain, "Sorry. I'm not used to walking this much." Sometimes, she would add, "I usually fly, but I hurt my wings falling through a church. I think they'll take a few weeks to heal, at least." By the time the group arrived at the cave, her bare feet were filthy and her knees scabbed, but she didn't seem to mind one bit.

The cave seemed big and dark and empty, which was interesting to Byzra. She tried calling out: "Hello!" And back to her came the response, "Ello, ello, ello." Her smile was goofily self-satisfied, as if she had just uncovered one of the core truths of the cosmos.

"This is going to be awesome," she said. It was unclear whether she was speaking to her companions, or the cave itself.

Escheton
2011-03-30, 08:26 AM
Interchangeably using his guisarme as means of balance and walking cane Throsarque surveyed the land, and later the cave, with more caution and less amazement than the naive looking angel.
For he has been here for nigh an eternity, or so it felt, before his rebirth.

"Please step back from the door as I search for a save way in. It might contain hidden defensive means to spur intruders."

Search[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Kumori
2011-03-30, 04:41 PM
Along the walk, Temir watched Byzra with a smile on his face. Being his first time out on an adventure, it was a new experience for him as well, so he was able to relate. He often cheered her on, feeding off her excitement and energy.

When they arrived at the door, Temir watched in silence as Throsarque carefully examined it. "Find anything noteworthy? If not, perhaps a bit of magic may see us through this. It'll take time, but it seems that isn't too great an issue."

SemiteLock
2011-03-30, 06:25 PM
During Throsarque's examinations, something unexpected happens. His hand slides through the door, and he can not pull it out.

Exactly as it sounds, you can't pull your hand out no matter how hard you tug

Kumori
2011-03-30, 06:32 PM
With Throsarque's hand being stuck in the door, Temir rushes up to try to help pull him out. He grabs the elf by the shoulders and pulls to no avail. With that failing he (stupidly) tries putting his foot against the door for leverage...

SPoD
2011-03-30, 06:37 PM
"Maybe the door is hungry," Byzra says unhelpfully. "I know everyone down here needs to put stuff inside themselves in order to keep working, right?"

SemiteLock
2011-03-30, 06:48 PM
As expected, Temirs foot slides right in, and half of his body is now stuck on the other side as well

SPoD
2011-03-30, 06:59 PM
"Now, see, that's just rude, Door," scolds Byzra, putting her hands on her hips. "You should finish your meal before you start on dessert!"

Escheton
2011-03-30, 07:23 PM
Looking curiously at the door and trying to stretch his fingers after putting his arm through a bit further Throsarque turns to the group and says:

"This might just be a safe magical way in. I can think of no way to get unstuck and figure the intend of the design is to go forward, not backwards. So I will attempt to do so. However, I reckon there will be no way of communicating to the people on this side whether it is save or not. So it's a bit of a leap of faith.
Anyone have a thought on how to communicate?"

SPoD
2011-03-30, 07:34 PM
"So it's a bit of a leap of faith."

"Oooo! I'm good at those!" Byzra exclaims, not waiting to hear the rest of the conversation. "Here, watch! If I poke your hand twice, it means I haven't been eaten yet." She pauses before clarifying. "If I only poke it once, it means I have been eaten." Without further discussion, Byzra walks through the door.

Caution, thy name is not me.

Anyway, once I'm on the other side, I take a look. I've got darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, and a Spot check of +9. But unless I'm immediately attacked, I'm going to poke Throsarque's hand twice.

SemiteLock
2011-03-30, 07:39 PM
Upon entering the other side, the Deva notices 3 orcs huddling in the corner, mumbling and shivering amongst themselves. They have noticed both the hand and you, but promptly ignore you and stay in their corner. You also see 2 doors, one straight ahead of you, the other a short distance away. The orcs are not near the door in any threatening way.

Byzra
poke away, from what you can tell it is reasonably safe on this side apart from the stoic orcs

SPoD
2011-03-30, 07:44 PM
Byzra turns, extends her index finger, and studiously pokes Thosarque's trapped hand once, twice. She smiles to herself, having completed her first mission.

She then turns back toward the orcs. "Hello!" she says exuberantly. "My name is Byzra. I'm an explorer, and so are my friends," pointing at the foot and hand that are sticking through the door. "It is nice to meet you. Is this your cave?"

Diplomacy time!

[roll0]

SemiteLock
2011-03-30, 07:51 PM
The orcs look at you... and then go back to mumbling with each other. After a few moments on of them speaks up in broken common "Bad idea coming pretty lady" before returning to his companions.

Escheton
2011-03-30, 07:55 PM
Assuming those pokes are felt, Throsarque states: "It seems to be safe, see you on the other side.", and moves forward.

visual:
lowlight vision, darkvision 40ft
spot check [roll0]

Reaction to orcs(if seen)
noting the radiant demeanor and nice tones of the angel, Throsarque tries to keep a non-threateningly low profile
Hide? [roll1]

SPoD
2011-03-30, 07:58 PM
The orcs look at you... and then go back to mumbling with each other. After a few moments on of them speaks up in broken common "Bad idea coming pretty lady" before returning to his companions.

"Oh, I don't think so. I wouldn't have gotten to meet you if I hadn't come here." She beams a happy smile in the dark as she walks slowly across the room towards them, stopping halfway. "Are you OK? Are you cold? You look cold."

SemiteLock
2011-03-30, 08:17 PM
The orcs continue to ignore both you and the newcomer, and go back to their corner

Byzra
roll a heal check real quick for me

Kumori
2011-03-30, 09:05 PM
Temir makes the assumption that everything's ok, since Throsarque went in willingly, and follows his two companions in. (OOC: I'm guessing that I can't see anything here) Finding himself blind in the dark, he draws a sunrod and strikes it across the ground, casting light about the area.

SPoD
2011-03-30, 09:06 PM
Heal check, as requested: [roll0]

"This is Temir," she says, hoping that they don't get panicked by the sudden appearance of light. "He can't see in the dark like we can. It's OK, though. I still think he's nice."

Escheton
2011-03-30, 09:26 PM
"It stands to reason that they are cold. Natural heatsources, besides creatures themselves that is, are non-existent in a prison. And resources to burn would have run out quickly. Hmm, that makes me wonder about the ecosystem in this place..." Throsarque mutters, before getting lost in thought while taking a few steps forwards.

Lyndworm
2011-03-30, 09:27 PM
Krast looks around suspiciously before grunting. Silently, he follows the others inside. Spotting the orcs in the corner, he immediately attempts to identify them as missing members of his own clan.

SemiteLock
2011-03-30, 09:30 PM
They are not of your clan, you do not in fact recognize the markings. They continue to ignore any of your attempts of communication. They cringe slightly at the new light, but after adjusting go back to their corner conversation

Byzra
You can tell they are exhausted and weak from what appears to be combat

Escheton
2011-03-30, 09:45 PM
Would a listen check and the orc language skill help here?
And would you like to roll spot/listens, or should we?

If us: [roll0]

Lyndworm
2011-03-30, 09:45 PM
After failing to recognize the orcs, Krast bellows in Orcish "I am Krast Three-Teeth, and you are dangerously close to my clan's land! Explain yourselves or taste my fury."

I'm uncertain of the necessity of such things, but here's an Intimidate check just to be safe.

[roll0]

SPoD
2011-03-30, 10:34 PM
"Hey, don't say funny words in a mean booming voice like that!" Byzra says, her brow furrowing at Krast despite not having any idea what was actually said. "They're cold and tired and I think they got in a fight with someone. You should be nice to them, they're just like you."

Byzra gets closer to them and squats down. "Here, I can help you. Let me look at your wounds. There's no need to be scared, everything is going to be OK."

She tries to get close enough to tend their injuries, smiling at them as she does. "Did someone mean do this to you?" she asks.

Unless they stop me, I'm going to make another Heal check to help them as well as I can.

[roll0]

Kumori
2011-03-30, 10:57 PM
Temir simply watches in amazement at the completely different reactions of his party-mates.

SemiteLock
2011-03-30, 11:12 PM
Despite intimidation, attempting to help, looking around.. nothing has changed. They ignore the intimidation, don't try to assist in your healing attempts, and finally the only one that has said anything to you this whole time says"You will see. Soon enough you see"

Lyndworm
2011-03-30, 11:44 PM
In rough, accented Common, Krast replies to Byzra's naivete "They are nothing like me, winged one. I come from a good clan, a strong clan, a clan that has proven itself time and time again. I am a champion of my people. These... These are merely mutts until proven otherwise."

Seeing that the other orcs are clearly shocked beyond all reason, Krast delves a little deeper into the cave. He looks for any features or hints that might help him along.

Listen:
[roll0]

Search:
[roll1]

Spot:
[roll2]

SemiteLock
2011-03-31, 12:06 AM
The orcs are slightly shocked at the insults, but still do not do anything.

Krast
Which door do you check/go through? You notice nothing in the room you are currently in (with the orcs)

SPoD
2011-03-31, 12:24 AM
Byzra shrugs. "You all look the same to me. Two arms, two legs, two eyes, no wings. Filled with red gooey stuff on the inside, and you shove food and water in one end until it comes out the other. All the same." It is clear that she is including everyone in the room in her statement, not just the two types of orcs.

She turns back to the huddled orcs. "Me and my friends are going to look around, but if you need anything, you can ask me. I'd like to be your friend, and I'll keep you safe if you let me." She smiles again at them, putting her hand on the shoulder of the one that has spoken to her, and then stands.

She come back over to where her friends are standing. "I think they're really scared of something," she says. "But I don't think they're going to move unless we make it safe for them."

SPoD
2011-03-31, 12:26 AM
Whoops, I missed the call for Spot and Listen checks in the OOC thread.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

Lyndworm
2011-03-31, 12:39 AM
SemiteLock:
Sorry, I meant to say that he checked the farther door. My bad.

Kumori
2011-03-31, 02:16 AM
You can pretty much assume I'll always fail these:
Listen: [roll1]

Escheton
2011-03-31, 09:32 AM
After walking closer to the clump of orcs Throsarque asks:"Finding out is one thing, but could you provide some information? To help us, and in turn, you."

Regardless of the reaction Throsarque then joins the boisterous Water-orc in further exploration of the complex. After turning to Byzra and saying "Well, lets do so then"

Spot[roll0] Listen [roll1]

SPoD
2011-03-31, 04:39 PM
"OK!" smiles Byyzra.

I would do something, but I'm waiting for the DM to tell me what I saw and/or heard. :smallwink:

SemiteLock
2011-03-31, 06:09 PM
The orcs say nothing else to you that you can discern as remotely useful. It is a safe to assume that they have lost all will to do anything except sit there and wait for the inevitable

Lyndworm
Ah excellent, that helps :smallbiggrin:

Krast heads towards the north west door. Upon opening it, you see directly ahead of you two doors, one almost straight ahead and another 30 feet or so to the east of that one. You can tell this is a large room, and it appears to expand out more to the east. You hear and see nothing noticeable, at least nothing that is any different from the room you were just in. Anyone who follows him hear and see the same things.

Escheton
2011-03-31, 07:56 PM
Adeptly slipping past Krast to get a look at the room and have a few seconds to check the door straight ahead, Throsarque moves forwards and takes a round or 2 to search around, depending on the movements of the group.

Search[roll0][roll1]
Spot [roll2]
Listen [roll3]

SPoD
2011-03-31, 09:48 PM
Byzra follows Krast and Throsarque, poking her head into the new room and looking around. "Should we go this way, or see what's behind the other door first?" she asks quietly, motioning to the unopened door in the first room.

I'm just going to roll Spot and Listen every time we open a door, just to make it easier on the DM:
Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

Kumori
2011-03-31, 10:15 PM
Temir follows the party through the first door. "I'd say the most effective thing to do would be fully explore a single option before exploring others. It takes a lot more time to explore a multitude of options all at once."

SemiteLock
2011-03-31, 11:08 PM
For those who have left the room with the orcs, you have yet to notice anything peculiar in the new room.

Throsarque
Your checks yield nothing do, but you do smell a peculiar order from the other side of the door

Lyndworm
2011-04-01, 01:03 AM
Peering into the darkness, the burly Water Orc says "I agree with the Mage; it seems unwise to spread apart in such a large area. Was this place not once a prison? It could be very dangerous anywhere in here; let the herd not stray."

SPoD
2011-04-01, 01:37 AM
"OK, then," says the deva, smiling. She stands in the middle of the bigger room, watching Throsarque examine the door. After a moment, she adds, "How much do we have to fully explore an empty room like this one before we open another door? Because this room is kinda boring, and I'm ready to go to another one now."

Kumori
2011-04-01, 01:53 AM
"OK, then," says the deva, smiling. She stands in the middle of the bigger room, watching Throsarque examine the door. After a moment, she adds, "How much do we have to fully explore an empty room like this one before we open another door? Because this room is kinda boring, and I'm ready to go to another one now."

Temir giggles for a moment and then sighs... "I love having you around, Byzra. Even in a dismal, gloomy place like this, you bring a smile to my face."

SPoD
2011-04-01, 04:02 AM
"Thank you, Temir. That was very sweet of you to say." She smiles broadly.

Then, she walks over to stand behind the dragonborn crouching by the opposite door. "So...can I open that door yet? Is there anything to hear?" She stands over him and pushes her ear up against the door.

Listen: [roll0]

SemiteLock
2011-04-01, 07:58 AM
The Deva also hears nothing from the other side, but a peculiar odor permeates her nose, one she has never smelled before. It is one she decidedly does NOT like.

Escheton
2011-04-01, 08:35 AM
Nothing dangerous or peculiar about the door itself, though one cannot be completely sure with just a quick examination.
There is however a foul smell coming from the other side, which is somewhat forboding.
So forge ahead if you'd like, this room is indeed rather dreary.

Throsarque then takes a step back to get a good look at the room and study the architecture a bit
Spot(if needed)[roll0], Knowledge (architecture and engineering)[roll1]

SPoD
2011-04-01, 04:15 PM
"Yuck!" Byzra exclaims. She wrinkles her nose in disgust. "That smells awful."

She opens the door and looks inside the next room, curious about what could possibly make such a terrible smell.

Spot: [roll1]

SemiteLock
2011-04-01, 05:52 PM
Upon opening the door, you see what you hope may be your last experience in looking into a morgue. 2 dozen or so corpses are piled in the rooms, mostly troglodytes with a couple kobolds thrown in the mix.

Byzra
Fort save please!

Throsarque
You notice nothing of note about the architecture, save it is very old and of a construction you can not recognize

SPoD
2011-04-01, 05:55 PM
"Ewwww!" says Byzra. "Mortality is gross."

Fortitude save: [roll0]
If it's a poison-type effect, I get another +4 racial bonus against it.
If it's a spell or spell-like ability, I get another +1 perfection bonus.

EDIT: Also, are there any exits visible in the morgue? Or is it a dead end (pun intended)?

Escheton
2011-04-01, 06:33 PM
"There are some drawbacks. But think of the nourishment those filthy rotting corpses bring to scavangers and such. Are you ok?" Throsarque remarks/asks after turning towards the makeshift morgue.
To then continue on to the next room and search the door for a round or 2.
Followed by opening the door, if nothing is found.

Search [roll0], [roll1]
Spot [roll2], Listen [roll3]

Lyndworm
2011-04-01, 09:37 PM
"As 'gross' as mortality may be, it serves a purpose even after death. One of them is what Throsarque has indicated; giving life to others. Another is a little more subtle." Krast strides to the nearest pile of corpses and tries to determine a cause of death.

Heal:
[roll0]

Listen:
[roll1]

Search:
[roll2]

Spot:
[roll3]

SemiteLock
2011-04-01, 10:06 PM
After a short examination, it does not take much to realize that the victims were killed by slicing weapons, swords and the like. But having been caught in such an enclosed space for such an extended space of time, the smell is overwhelming, even for an experienced warrior such as Krast...

Krast
2 Fort saves please

Lyndworm
2011-04-01, 10:19 PM
Krast blows out his breath and shakes his head violently.

Fort Save 1:
[roll0]

Fort Save 2:
[roll1]

SPoD
2011-04-02, 04:00 AM
Byzra backs away from the foul-smelling room, surprised that Krast wanted to go look at the corpses. She covers her mouth and nose and says in a muffled voice, "Well, we manage to have new life in Elysium. When a celestial dies, they're reabsorbed into the plane and then that stuff makes a new celestial later. It just smells a lot nicer. Kinda like...lilacs."

Then in response to Throsarque, "Yes, I'm OK, thank you for asking."

Just wanted to reiterate: DM, were there any doors in the morgue, or was it a dead end?

SemiteLock
2011-04-02, 11:30 AM
The smell is overpowering, causing you vomit. There appears to be something else in the air as well, but it does not grip to you as easily as the rancid odor does

Krast
You are sickened as long as you stay in the room and 2 rounds after you leave it.

Byzra
There were none that you could notice, apologies on the confusion

Throsarque
The door appears to be quite safe. Upon opening it, a burst of fire comes forth from a mark you could not locate despite your detailed examinations. Reflex save please

Escheton
2011-04-02, 11:34 AM
Save:I burn a inspiration point for a +4 competence bonus, Ref:[roll0]
Current HP: 10

Getting greatly immolated Throsarque shouts: "Thats it, no more hastily done examinations!"

Kumori
2011-04-02, 03:50 PM
Temir is quite happy to have stayed at the back when the others ventured into that room. "That's one place to avoid, I suppose."

SPoD
2011-04-02, 05:18 PM
Byzra watches Krast vomit his last meal into the morgue. Concerned, she says, "Oh, Krast! Just because I find it strange that you need to have food inside you at all times doesn't mean you should stop and get rid of it right now!"

She tries to help him when he leaves the room (and closes the door behind him), only to watch as a jet of flame scorches Throsarque from the other door. "Hey!" she pouts, "You guys told me we were going to wait until we finished looking at one room before going to the next! Krast was still poking around the dead people."

Her annoyance quickly turns to more concern, however, when Throsarque is badly burned by the fire...

I don't know if there's anything Heal checks can do to help wither of them, but here they are, just in case Throsarque is unconscious or dying:

Heal [roll0] on Krast
Heal [roll1] on Throsarque

SemiteLock
2011-04-02, 11:22 PM
The door is now open, and fortunately the burns do not seem to severe. Looking into the room, there is another door down the hallway approximately 40 feet. There are also many sacks with what appears to be mold growing in, around, and on top of the sacks

Throsarque
Its a low level trap :smallwink: (1d4)[3]

Byzra
The heal checks can be made later on while resting to give a bonus to hp restored. Right now for these 2 conditions they are useless

Everyone
Feel free to roll spellcrafts if you want to try and identify the trap.

Lyndworm
2011-04-02, 11:51 PM
After giving one last heave, Krast wipes his mouth on the back of one hair-covered hand and rights himself. He moves out of the death-tainted room more swiftly then would be expected. Krast keeps one hand over his stomach as he makes his way towards the fire-trapped door.

SPoD
2011-04-03, 08:12 AM
"That looks gross, too," Byzra comments. "I don't think you should touch those, Krast. You should definitely keep something inside."

Byzra walks into the new corridor, carefully around the moldy sacks, and to the door on the opposite side. She presses her ear against it to listen.

Spot (just in case): [roll1]l

Escheton
2011-04-03, 10:59 AM
Taking a moment to examine his wounds Throsarque says: "There seem to be some disadvantages attached to this new form. Before my rebirth into the service of Bahamut that would not even have fazed me. Seems I let go of more than just an existance...

He then proceeds to study the rune for a bit.
Rolls:No idea which would be relevant for this, so here are a few: Knowledge (arcana) [roll0] Spellcraft+inspiration[roll1], Craft (trapmaking)[roll2], Disable Device[roll3], Autohypnosis[roll4]

SemiteLock
2011-04-03, 12:16 PM
Throsarque
Detailed examination leads you to understand it is a Burning Hands spell, albeit a low level one. With this knowledge and a little more work you believe you can disable it permanently +5 on your next disable device

Escheton
2011-04-03, 01:07 PM
DD:Disable device to shut it off then [roll0]
Hmm, one short. Reroll?

SemiteLock
2011-04-03, 01:30 PM
Sure thing. But how do you know your one short...?

Escheton
2011-04-03, 02:13 PM
I know it's a magical trap (dc 25+spellvl), and I know it's burning hands.
Disable (without any possible +5)[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3][roll4][roll5][roll6][roll7][roll8]

SemiteLock
2011-04-03, 02:58 PM
Ah makes sense. The trap is disabled!

Escheton
2011-04-03, 03:37 PM
After permanently disabling the trap Throsarque continues along.
But not before asking Krast: Do you have something to wash the taste with? If not, I have some rations...
And joins Byzra in checking out the new room.
Spot[roll0], Listen [roll1]
The trap was a seperate encounter and I now have my inspiration back?

Lyndworm
2011-04-04, 04:56 PM
Krast looks shocked at the dragonman. "...No, thank you. I've food of my own." Krast, too, enters the newest room. He keeps an eye on Throsarque, however. He appears to not trust the other man's kindness.

SPoD
2011-04-04, 05:09 PM
Byzra motions to shush her two companions as she continues to listen to the door.

I'm not sure if I should reroll my Listen, since it's now at least a few rounds later due to the time spent disarming, so here's another one:

SemiteLock
2011-04-04, 05:55 PM
Looking and listening at the entry way, no obvious dangers are noticeable. Stacked along the room are crates, bags, and barrels. It appears this used to be a storage room for some group. The bags all have the same black mold and fungus as the previous room. It appears all of the containers have been thoroughly rummaged through, although you are not sure as to what they originally contained.

The room is about 15 x 40 feet long, then widens out to a larger chamber with more storage place. There also appears to be a hallway in the south east corner

Byzra
You hear nothing special

Escheton
By all means. Each room is its own encounter in my book

Everyone
I havent heard from kumori about a map, I will get you all one by the end of my day, at least a rough outline.

SPoD
2011-04-04, 06:36 PM
Byzra opens the next door, walking through it immediately.

This is a miscommunication, see my next post.

Escheton
2011-04-04, 10:09 PM
Hold Up! Lets not be impetuous. You have seen what a quick search has done. Not searching at all might be even more perilous.
A deadfall trap might be easy to spot, but not looking gets you killed.
Not to startle or shock anyone, but lets keep in mind the danger of this place.

SPoD
2011-04-04, 10:32 PM
I think we have a communication failure; I was trying to walk through the mold room into the next, but it seems like the DM thought I had already done that, and was describing a room that I didn't know about. I didn't notice that he had started describing a SECOND room with moldy supplies, so I thought he was just reiterating the same description.

In fact, as near as I can tell from his description, there are no doors in the current room, and the one I just passed through was safe. There's a larger room, and a corridor.

Byzra thinks carefully, then says, "No, I don't think so. If we spend too much time searching everything, then the bad guys will know we're coming. Plus, you didn't find that trap anyway." She walks into the new room, toward where the room expands. "You can search the doors, if you want to get ahead of me, but I'm going to just keep going."

She looks around in the expanded room to see if there's anything there.

Escheton
2011-04-04, 10:58 PM
Good point. Seems my focus has drifted from whatever caused those orcs to lose all hope to exploration.
Nonetheless, I will continue to at least get a swift search in then.

Throsarque proceeds to make a quick spurt towards the door and inspect it.
And stepping aside for whoever wishes to proceed during this time.
Search:[roll0][roll1]

If noone does, he opens the door.

SemiteLock
2011-04-05, 08:05 AM
Corrections:
Map I hope helps a little. The trapped door led to a room filled with sacks with black mold on it. The door at the end of that room is open (problems with module, apologies) and that room is what Byzra just walked into, no need to check for traps. This room ALSO contains bags with the mold, as well as a variety of other containers and have been broken into/rummaged through. Current party situation to my belief: Byzra in room 5 looking, Throsarque double checking the door to room 5, Thrast in room 4, Temir in room 3

Looking around visually leads to no new revelations, other then the fact that the hallway in the south east corner seems to go on for about 25 feet; there is a path there without hitting the molding bags.

SPoD
2011-04-05, 08:28 PM
Byzra looks back through the hallway she just walked down. "Temir! Krast! Come on, it's safe. Just be careful of the yucky stuff."

Waiting for everyone to congregate in room 5 before we go down that SE corridor.

Kumori
2011-04-05, 08:39 PM
Temir follows the others into the next room. "You guys are amazing! I've never been in a dungeon before, here you all are, 'Talking to the orcs', and 'Searching doors', and 'Disabling traps', and doing all that exploring stuff." He pauses for a moment. "You guys all, like, really know what you're doing, huh?"

SPoD
2011-04-05, 08:41 PM
Temir follows the others into the next room. "You guys are amazing! I've never been in a dungeon before, here you all are, 'Talking to the orcs', and 'Searching doors', and 'Disabling traps', and doing all that exploring stuff." He pauses for a moment. "You guys all, like, really know what you're doing, huh?"

"Not a clue!" smiles Byzra. "I just get bored easily and I like making new friends."

Escheton
2011-04-05, 10:52 PM
"Book-knowledge mostly. Having always been piqued by exploration but never having the nerve to set out, I picked stuff up, from books and stories. Add a lifetime to that and you get a certain sense of what to do, but mostly what not to do."

Throsarque joins the group a second, to then walk on to the corridor and check for traps.

Spot[roll0], Listen [roll1]
Search [roll2], [roll3]

With nothing found Throsarque walks onwards.

SemiteLock
2011-04-05, 10:56 PM
While searching the room with all the boxes and crates, the factotum spots something shiny in between two barrels. With careful extraction, he pulls out a small, gold ring.

would you like me to apply all those checks down the south east hallway as well?

Lyndworm
2011-04-06, 03:45 AM
"It is not strange for me to talk to orcs, Mage. It comes even more naturally than talking to you. As far as knowing what I'm doing goes... I, like Throsarque, know more of what not to do. Life gives orcs no quarter, and we expect none. I have trained since I was a whelp to help my clan prosper. That and that alone is the reason I'm here right now." Krast has a habit of rubbing his bulging left-side jaw when he speaks of orcs. He plods along with the others as he speaks.

Escheton
2011-04-06, 11:26 AM
Holding up the ring Throsarque says:"Something for the lady perhaps? Seems there are some items of value lost or hidden in these rooms. I shall double back and see if I can find some more, it might come in handy later for any kind of bartering. Shouldn't take too long, and is likely worth the trouble. I shall be back shortly.

Flipping the ring to Byzra as you would a coin, Throsarque turns around and starts searching the squares unsearched, with a cloth in front of his mouth in case he disturbs any mold or such.

Searches:[roll0], [roll1],[roll2],[roll3],[roll4],[roll5]

After which he returns to the group, if nothing unusual happens.
If the group has moved forward in the time spend searching, Throsarque shall search from this spot to where they are, or where there are no more searchable animities.
Can't roll in edits, so will burn that bridge when we cross it.

SemiteLock
2011-04-06, 05:27 PM
Throsarque
Evens you disturb the mold and need to make a fort save, odds you don't [roll0]

Detailed searching yields up nothing new in the room, at least nothing of value. Upon heading to where the group is, you see the hallway end in a T. You get a funny feeling that you should stop the group before they enter...

Escheton
2011-04-06, 06:52 PM
Inspired fort save:[roll0]

Halt! Something is afoot. Arms at the ready and step back to allow me to investigate, please.

Throsarque darts forth to study the T-split.
Spot[roll1], Listen [roll2], Search [roll3], [roll4], [roll5]

Kumori
2011-04-06, 06:57 PM
A look of confusion crosses Temir's face. "Do you know this place?"

Escheton
2011-04-06, 08:53 PM
"I do not, though I have a feeling I have been here before. More importantly, something was telling me that allowing the group to continue would be dangerous, so I rushed back."

Additional searches[roll0], [roll1], [roll2]

SPoD
2011-04-06, 09:45 PM
Holding up the ring Throsarque says:"Something for the lady perhaps? Seems there are some items of value lost or hidden in these rooms. I shall double back and see if I can find some more, it might come in handy later for any kind of bartering. Shouldn't take too long, and is likely worth the trouble. I shall be back shortly.

Flipping the ring to Byzra as you would a coin, Throsarque turns around and starts searching the squares unsearched, with a cloth in front of his mouth in case he disturbs any mold or such.

Byzra catches the ring out of reflex, looks at it. "Thank you for showing me this, Throsarque. It is pretty.

Then, she drops it back into the moldy crates. "I will treasure the memory of it." she smiles.

She then follows behind the party and waits while Throsarque searches the T-intersection.

Tip: Don't give the party's first treasure to the Vow of Poverty character! :smallwink:

Kumori
2011-04-06, 09:53 PM
Previously, Temir had been confused by Throsarque. Now he's shocked by Byrza and stands frozen in place, staring at the foul mess in which the ring landed. "But... but... is that not why we're here? Partly at least? I mean... isn't treasure one of the reasons people go on these adventure things in these horribly filthy, ugly, smelly, and just downright..." His hand moves almost instantly to his mouth as Temir convulses, just managing to hold on to his lunch.

SemiteLock
2011-04-06, 10:14 PM
A bit of coughing and gagging later, Throsarque heads down to join the others, his searches in both rooms yielding nothing new.

After much searching, Throsarque safely sets off something. A green bolt shoots down the hallway from the left to the right (north to south) through the open door into the room at the south end of the hallway.

no saves required, the mold isnt disturbed enough from the ring dropping

Lyndworm
2011-04-06, 10:27 PM
"Are you seriously that upset, Mage? If you'd like, I can simply pick up the ring for you. What do they say in this situation..? Oh yes; you'll owe me one." At that, Krast shows a feral, lopsided grin. The first time he's seemed to enjoy something, and it was Temir's pain.

Kumori
2011-04-06, 10:32 PM
From confusion to shock, and now he's scared... Temir doesn't respond, but rather just stares blankly at Krast...

Escheton
2011-04-06, 11:02 PM
For as far as I can tell I found and triggered the source of my worries.
It should be save to continue now." Throsarque says while observing the interaction between Krast and Temire. And trying to spot a disturbance in the mold, where the ring might have dropped.

Spot[roll0]

SPoD
2011-04-07, 12:31 AM
Byzra seems quite cross with Krast. "Excuse me, Throsarque gave me that ring, which means I get to decide what to do with it. And I want to leave it here for someone else to find, so that they might have the lovely memory of looking at it. So don't you go and ruin that by picking it up. Leave it there. You can have the next thing we find." She points to the barrels where she had dropped it, frowning with one hand on her hip.

In response to Temir, she adds, "I don't know why anyone would come into a place like this just for a bunch of stuff. I came here to stop bad people from hurting the townsfolk. That's why I was brought to this plane, and that's the only thing that matters to me." She smiles, and puts her arm through Temir's. "The only treasures I require are the wonderful experience of adventuring with friends like you, Temir!"

She happily leads Temir away from the crates.

Lyndworm
2011-04-07, 03:53 AM
"I do not know what it is like from whence you came, winged one, but here you have no authority over that ring unless you claim ownership. Besides, I merely wish to aid a mutual friend in experiencing the joy you yourself have just tasted. Is that cause not noble enough for a lady of your holiness?" Krast's grin only widens at this newest exchange.

SPoD
2011-04-07, 05:34 AM
"Besides, I merely wish to aid a mutual friend in experiencing the joy you yourself have just tasted. Is that cause not noble enough for a lady of your holiness?" Krast's grin only widens at this newest exchange.

Byzra's expression changes from mildly peeved to just sad. "If I believed that was really your intent, it would be the most noble cause of all. But I believe you only care about its material value, or possibly the joy you get from mocking Temir. And such drives are sad and weak."

She exhales and turns away. "If a tiny circle of conductive metal matters more to you than your health, go look for it. I'm not going to stop you."

She leaves the room, walking toward where Throsarque was searching. "Did you disarm the glowy bolt thing? Or is it still a danger?"

Escheton
2011-04-07, 01:36 PM
Throsarque steps forward into the T split and start walking north to examine the source of the bolt.
For safety reasons I shall doublecheck, though I reckon it is safe already.

Rolls.
Spellcraft[roll0], Search [roll1], [roll2],[roll3]
Spot [roll4], Listen [roll5]

SemiteLock
2011-04-07, 05:33 PM
After through searching, the factotum locates what could be a mechanism for initiating the trap. Unfortunately he has yet to figure out how exactly to disable it. It does appear to be a resetting trap.

Escheton
2011-04-07, 06:47 PM
Throsarque grabs forth his tools once more and attempts to permanently disable the trapmechanic.

Disable Device with bonus(not included) [roll0],
Follow ups (if needed)without bonus [roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3]

SemiteLock
2011-04-07, 07:29 PM
After extended tinkering and playing around, you finall break the connection in the floor that enables the trap to work. It seems you are finally safe to walk down the hallway to the other room.

Escheton
2011-04-07, 08:17 PM
After walking back to the group Throsarque says:"After first finding the trigger, and safely activating it, I checked to see if it would reset. Had I not incapacitated a part of the contraption, it would have.
So I can now finally with certainty say that it is safe to proceed."

Lyndworm
2011-04-07, 08:51 PM
Still looking pleased with himself, Krast turns to Throsarque. "Good, good... Shall we proceed, then?" Krast moves to travel down the scouted path.

SemiteLock
2011-04-07, 10:57 PM
Assuming everyone follows. The ring is quite easy to access without disturbing the mold, you can decide amongst yourselves what happens to it.

Upon entering the new room, it appears to be a tool storage of sorts. Chisels, hammers, nails, hemp rope are placed around the room in a semi organized fashion. Although it is also damp, the mold has not yet taken place, but it appears the water may have soaked into the rope. The room is approximately 30 x 30 feet, with no obvious entrances aside from the one you just walked through

Lyndworm
2011-04-07, 11:36 PM
Silently, Krast begins looking through the equipment for anything interesting.

Listen:
[roll0]

Search:
[roll1]

Spot:
[roll2]

SPoD
2011-04-08, 12:32 AM
Byzra takes one look in the room to see if there are any monsters or, failing that, doors. When she doesn't see any, she stays in the hallway rather than argue with the orc again.

In case there's anything hiding:

Escheton
2011-04-08, 02:05 AM
Throsarque has a look around the room to see if there is anything to be found here
Searches[roll0], [roll1], [roll2]
"Time to check in on our cowering Orcs and take the passage we left before. As this one has lead to a dead end" he says, after stopping for a moment to contemplate the situation.

He then starts backtracking.

SemiteLock
2011-04-08, 05:43 PM
While searching around the room, nothing of value becomes apparent, at least nothing beyond what you can see just walking into the room. However, while searching the western wall, the factotum stumbles upon what appears to be a secret door. It doesn't seem locked or trapped, and upon sliding it open you see the room with the bags of mold on the other side. It seems this was how the creators got past their trap in the hallway.

Map updated before long

SPoD
2011-04-09, 08:16 AM
Byzra heads back down the hallway just in time for the dragonborn to open the secret door. "Hello, Throsarque!" she says as he appears. "Let's return to the big boring room. I think there's still part of that we didn't look in."

She then follows her own suggestion and leads the way back.

Escheton
2011-04-09, 11:17 AM
"Hey, Byzra."Throsarque says with a smile. My intend was to return to the room further back. But now that you mention it, we were somewhat preoccupied with the two doors we found. We did not in fact fully explore that room. So, lets do so.

Lyndworm
2011-04-09, 01:32 PM
Looking grumpy again, Krast follows the others back from whence they came.

Listen:
[roll0]

Search:
[roll1]

Spot:
[roll2]

Escheton
2011-04-09, 11:31 PM
After entering the large room with the connected morgue, Throsarque takes a minute to check out the wall opposing the door with the firetrap. And any door, or unusual feature thereupon.

Spot [roll0], Listen [roll1]
Searches [roll2], [roll3], [roll4], [roll5], [roll6], [roll7], [roll8], [roll9], [roll10], [roll11]

SPoD
2011-04-10, 04:47 AM
Byzra walks into the big room and looks around the other end that they didn't explore, seeking anything that she didn't notice before (especially other doors).

Going back to Room 2, looking in the other side:

SemiteLock
2011-04-10, 05:02 PM
Backtracking your way to the second room, and exploring down the other part of the ante chamber, you come upon three doors, all of which are closed. The one in the south west corner of the room appears to be the link to the first room. The other two are on the east side, about 30 feet apart from each other. Nothing is of note about the doors or room that you haven't seen before

Everyone that rolled spots/listens/searches
You find nothing of note.

Thorasque
Neither of the three doors are trapped, going to save some time with that

map update soon

SPoD
2011-04-10, 05:25 PM
"Wow" says Byzra. "There are only two doors left!" She approaches each of them and listens closely without touching them.

Listen at East door: [roll0]
Listen at Southeast door: [roll1]

Escheton
2011-04-11, 01:31 AM
"Any hunch or inspiration on which door would be best?" Throsarque asks Byzra as she focuses on whats behind the doors.

"Both options appear free of traps, and I took my time to look for them."

Kumori
2011-04-11, 01:45 AM
"Ah, I think I can finally be useful here," Temir says almost jokingly. He then reaches into his pocket pulling out a gold piece. He presses one side against a tooth leaving a small indent on the coin. He shows the coin to Throsarque indicating the mark. "This side up is the left door."

[roll0] 1=left, 2=right

Lyndworm
2011-04-11, 02:59 AM
"The Great and Terrible Coin says we should go right? Very well, then, Mage." Krast strides ahead and opens the door on the left.

Escheton
2011-04-11, 07:44 AM
"It is as good a way choosing as any. At least now the gods of fate and chance have a small role in our tale as well."

Throsarque opens the door on the right.

SPoD
2011-04-11, 08:13 AM
Watching the orc open the left door and Throsarque open the right, Byzra exclaims, "One door at a time! You said one door at a time!" She covers her mouth in panic, hoping that there aren't monsters in both.

SemiteLock
2011-04-11, 05:31 PM
Is it bad i secretly wish there were monsters in both...? :smallcool:

Each door leads to a separate room.

Left
This room has another door into it, which is open to your left (north). Inside is an orc corpse, and it is obvious he is of the clan of the group of 3 you ran into earlier. He did not fair nearly as lucky as his comrades.

Right
A strong odor permeates the air, although it is not as bad as the morgue was. It appears to be one of the rooms the troglodytes used as quarters, evident by the smell and pile of... refuse in the corner Fort save please

Lyndworm
2011-04-11, 06:05 PM
With a surprised snort and a quick cough, Krast begins shaking his head. He does not appear pleased.

Fortitude Save:
[roll0]

SemiteLock
2011-04-11, 08:11 PM
All read, and reread previous post
DM fail... swap the rooms, misread the map

Lyndworm
2011-04-11, 08:36 PM
Krast shakes his head, disappointed that another orc had died. It was starting to make the race look weak. He glances around the room quickly before examining the corpse.

Listen (in general):
[roll0]

Spot (in general):
[roll1]

Search (the corpse):
[roll2]

Heal (cause/time of death):
[roll3]

Kumori
2011-04-11, 08:41 PM
((OOC - Temir was probably not too close to the door on the right, but may have moved toward it a little after flipping the coin... Maybe 10' back?))

Fort save: [roll0]

SPoD
2011-04-11, 10:33 PM
Byzra holds her nose. "Yuck!"

I don't think I'm close enough to need to make a save, but if it's troglodyte stench, I definitely get my +4 vs. poison to that.

Fortitude: [roll0]

EDIT: Ugh. Well, I hope it wasn't affecting the entire room, just whoever opened thee door!

SemiteLock
2011-04-11, 10:57 PM
Had to at the door/in the room to smell it and be affected by it.

Examining the corpse of the fallen orc, something curious is noted. There are numerous stab wounds similar to a spear, but it is not quite right. It is almost like a stinger from a gigantic bee in fact. The only other thing of note is the open door to the darkened room.

SPoD
2011-04-11, 11:09 PM
Without waiting for Throsarque to respond, Byzra grabs the door to the stinky troglodyte quarters and shuts it. "I don't think we need to go in there," she says. She follows Krast into the other room, noting that a dead orc smells much more pleasant than troglodyte crap. She makes a conscious decision not to mention that to Krast, however. He wouldn't appreciate the compliment.

She looks around the room, peering into the dark open doorway.

I realize Escheton still has to make his Fort save, but I figured I would close the door so we can examine the other room safely.

Spot check with darkvision/low-light vision: [roll0]

Escheton
2011-04-11, 11:33 PM
Save Inspired fort roll[roll0]

Feeling dizzy and nauseated for a moment, Throsarque attempts to reobtain his composure while Byzra quickly closes the door.
"Thank you for the rapid responce. Seems the smell got to me a second there."

PerceptionSpot[roll1], Listen[roll2]
Search Body[roll3]

Heal/knowledgeHeal[roll4], Knowledge (nature) [roll5], Knowledge dungeoneering [roll6], Knowledge arcana [roll7]

Lyndworm
2011-04-12, 01:28 AM
As the others start to enter this room, Krast calls over his shoulder. "It seems that this orc has been slain by a weapon unknown to me. From the wounds, it would have to be quite large indeed. Something like an enormous pike, but maybe a bit curved? It is completely foreign to my clan." Straightening up, he turns his disfigured face around the room, looking for any doors or the like.

Spot:
[roll0]

SemiteLock
2011-04-12, 05:43 PM
Turning his nose at the rancid smell, the factotum resists the urge to vomit. He heads towards the room with the dead orc, and begins his investigation. However, it turns up no new information that Krast did not uncover himself whilst looking. The barbarian notices the open door that the deva has begun to look through, and heads over. Despite her detailed scanning, nothing appears out of the ordinary in a room that is about 20x50 feet, although she does spot another door open at the end of the hallway.

SPoD
2011-04-12, 06:12 PM
Byzra slowly walks into the open room, looking toward the other open door.

SemiteLock
2011-04-12, 06:50 PM
DUN DUN DUN!

A shroud of darkness suddenly encompasses the entire room that Byzra just entered.

I will be rolling your init for this combat, Byzra
Byzra: [roll0]
Unrevealed: [roll1]

Escheton
2011-04-12, 09:08 PM
The factotum walks forwards to join Byzra in further exploration of the prison.
Spellcraft for darkness [roll0]
Spot [roll1]. Listen [roll2]

SPoD
2011-04-12, 10:05 PM
DUN DUN DUN!

A shroud of darkness suddenly encompasses the entire room that Byzra just entered.

I will be rolling your init for this combat, Byzra
Byzra: [roll0]
Unrevealed: [roll1]

So, I get to go first, against...what? Do I see anything with my Spot check of 23? Or not? Because I can't post an action if I don't know I'm in a fight! :smallconfused:

EDIT: Wait, you're saying that the room was dark, and then it suddenly became MORE dark? So someone cast Darkness in a room with no light? Because I don't carry a light source. Temir has the only light, I think, and he's back in Room 2 still. At any rate, unless it's Deeper Darkness, I should still be able to Spot creatures in it, I'll just have a miss chance against them.

SemiteLock
2011-04-12, 10:34 PM
Apologies on the confusion. You have not yet seen where the creature is coming from, and it is a darkness spell. Going as the module says with this one, your spot is just short of seeing it.

And you could ready an action to attack the first new creature you see, or something of the sort. Or delay your initiative perhaps

SPoD
2011-04-12, 10:39 PM
"Hello?" Byzra says, puzzled at the sudden failure of her darkvision. "Is anyone there?"

She wouldn't ever ready to attack the first creature she saw, because she wouldn't attack someone without provocation. So I'm delaying. But hey, at least I'll have my Dex bonus when it attacks me!

ALso, Listen: 1d20+9

SPoD
2011-04-12, 10:40 PM
Messed up the die roller:

Kumori
2011-04-13, 11:31 AM
Temir approaches the open door and peers through into the blackness, but hesitates when he sees nothing. Byzra is gone... "Byzra! Byzra where are you?" he shouts through the door. He suddenly notices that his everburning torch isn't casting light normally in this room so he recites some arcane scripture and with, several practiced and graceful waves of his hand, casts Detect Magic.

Lyndworm
2011-04-13, 02:08 PM
Standing just behind the Mage, Krast shoves past him, into the darkness. "What sorcery is this?!" the orc shouts. "Orc eyes can cut through any normal darkness as easily as my axe can cut through any normal flesh." At the last bit, Krast pulls his axe, eager for battle.

SemiteLock
2011-04-13, 06:52 PM
Initiative for everyone:
Krast: (1d20+2)[8]
Temir: (1d20+2)[8]
Thorasque: (1d20-4)[0]

Unable to see or hear the creature, it swoops down on top from the ceiling, attempting to attach and and strangle the good creature Byzra. The creature slams into the top of the deva's head, and latches on!
Take 6 damage, and it has begun to grapple you

SPoD
2011-04-13, 07:08 PM
"Ahhh!" Byzra screams, "It's in my hair! It's squeezing my HEAD!" She reaches up and grabs whatever it is with both hands, trying to wring it so that it gives up and lets go.

Making a grapple check to deal nonlethal damage (because if I escape the grapple, I won't know where it is again):

[roll0]
Damage (if I beat its grapple check): [roll1]

EDIT: Never mind. Sigh.

Escheton
2011-04-14, 01:07 AM
"Get out of the room! Where we can see you!"

Lyndworm
2011-04-14, 02:22 AM
"Do as he says! Whatever it is, it's not stronger than all four of us."

SemiteLock
2011-04-14, 05:34 PM
Opposed grapple:(1d20-2)[13]. Yeah hes stuck on there nice and tight...

Holding onto your poor head, the creature begins to constrict...
[roll0] I think that drops you...

Lyndworm
2011-04-15, 12:10 AM
Krast darts into the room, trying to find the disconcertingly silent Byzra.

Move action to get into the room, and then a Move action to feel around for Byzra. If she's not in any adjacent squares, I don't think that Krast'll find her that way. If he does find her, he shouts as much to the others.

SPoD
2011-04-15, 02:16 AM
Yes, I'm at -1 and bleeding.

However, don't monsters need to win a grapple check to do damage? It made a check to resist me trying to hurt it, but did it make a check to damage me? Because I should get my own grapple check to resist being damaged.

Lyndworm
2011-04-17, 11:00 PM
Krast darts into the room, trying to find the disconcertingly silent Byzra. Spotting her on the floor, the orc shouts and raises his axe high into the air. He brings it down again, aiming for the dark shape around the celestial's head.

Move action to enter the room, Standard action to attack the mystery grappler. Power attacking for -1/+2.

Attack:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Miss Chance:
[roll2] (20+ hits)

Critical Confirmation (20):
[roll3]

Escheton
2011-04-18, 07:23 AM
Seeing my main weapon is a polearm, I assume I am never not armed with it unless tinkering on a trap.

Dashing into the darkened room Throsarque attempts to slice the dark amorphous figure that holds the head of the downed Angel.

Inspired attack: [roll0]

(Inspired if hit) Damage: [roll1]

Misschance: [roll2] (20+ hits)

Crit confirmation (20): [roll3]

SemiteLock
2011-04-18, 05:36 PM
Despite years of combat experience, Krast somehow misses the creature with his first swing, perhaps due to the strange magic it has used.

Unfortunately for the creature, the factotum is far luckier. It is quickly and thoroughly skewered by the pole arm, and after some twitching lies still. Your friend is breathing, but unconscious and bleeding from the attack.

Understandable for wielding a pole arm in a dungeon

Lyndworm
2011-04-18, 06:59 PM
Krast drags Byzra out of the darkness, where she can more clearly be seen by all. "Does anyone know how to treat her wounds? I am not a talented healer."

SPoD
2011-04-18, 07:28 PM
Byzra bleeds silently.

Check to stabilize: (1 = stabilization)

EDIT: I'm at -2.

Escheton
2011-04-18, 10:14 PM
"Between the three of us I figure I'd have the best shot at binding the wound halfway decently. So if you could hand me the kit of bandages and unguents and attempt to aid me by applying pressure where I ask and holding parts of the bind, that would help greatly."

Throsarque then proceeds to take the healingkit and attempt to stabilise Byzra before she bleeds out.
Healrolls (not counting any aid actions)[roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3], [roll4], [roll5], [roll6], [roll7]
Edit: succes on the first try, yay.

Lyndworm
2011-04-18, 10:51 PM
Krast grunts and does as instructed, placing the healing kit back into his pack once Throsarque has finished.

Escheton
2011-04-19, 02:40 AM
"We probably should not move her too much and allow her body to recover by resting. For that purpose it might be wise to scout a few more rooms, but not too many, lest we get too injured to defend her."

SemiteLock
2011-04-19, 05:50 PM
Just a heads up, it seems like the room at the end of the acid arrow trap would be a safe place to camp, since you've disabled that trap. Also, she will heal 4 hp over night due to the dungeon, and if you are attentive to her we will make it 5, ie changing bandages and such. I hate to slow things up when we are just sitting around waiting on her to heal, if there is little chance of danger to you all

While taking care of her wounds, and after the darkness spell has fully dissipated, anyone with darkvision notices a rat at the far end of the hallway, looking curiously at you.

Lyndworm
2011-04-19, 06:30 PM
Spotting the rat, Krast is equally inquisitive. Slowly, he approaches the tiny beast.

Krast is just trying to investigate, not actually communicate with the rat at all. However, since he is deliberately taking a course of action to keep the animal calm, the following roll may be in order.

Handle Animal:
[roll0]

SemiteLock
2011-04-19, 10:59 PM
As soon as the orc approaches more then 10 feet towards the rat, it flees, out of sight in less then a second.

Lyndworm
2011-04-19, 11:00 PM
The orc continues his movement, deciding to scout out the area as long as he's here.

Listen:
[roll0]

Search:
[roll1]

Spot:
[roll2]

Kumori
2011-04-21, 02:25 AM
As the Orc wanders off into the darkness Temir calls out to him, "Hey! Don't go off on your own. We should rest up a bit and give Byzra a chance to come back to her senses."

Escheton
2011-04-21, 09:33 AM
"Actually, I'm still pretty scorched myself. And we are currently mostly unknown by the denizens of this place. Lets use that to our advantage. If we continue and plant more than we can harvest we might not get a chance to rest."

"Krast, think you can pick up and carry Byzra without moving her too much?"

"I think retreating to the room that was guarded with the acid trap might be a good place of rest. It's a dead end, so out of the way, which means it is unlikely to be patrolled. And as far as anyone or anything here knows it is still trapped. "

Lyndworm
2011-04-21, 03:56 PM
Krast hesitates when Temir calls to him, but does not return. Hearing Throsarque's plea, however, the orc comes to Byzra's aid. "Very well. The winged one appears light enough; it should not a be a problem. Let us adjourn to your acid room."

SemiteLock
2011-04-21, 05:36 PM
Am I to assume you rest in the room until she is healed?
Krast
Your inquirings yield nothing new

Lyndworm
2011-04-21, 09:40 PM
OoC:
I would think so, yes.

Escheton
2011-04-22, 05:40 AM
Throsarque attempt to aid Byzra's natural healing with regular changing of her bandages and positive thoughts and prayers. Figuring that might actually work for an angel.

Heal[roll0]
There should be an extra +2 circumstance bonus added to that for the healing kit.

SemiteLock
2011-04-22, 05:30 PM
As soon as you return to the safe room, get settled in and set up camp, you begin to break out the rations. Despite the several hours of exploration, combat, and excitement... No one feels hungry. Or thirsty. In fact, upon taking a bite, you have that feeling of fullness, as if you just had a large meal.

OOC
Its a jail, and the creators didnt want their prisoners starved so... no one needs to eat. And thats not Rule Zero, its in the module.

Escheton
2011-04-25, 06:49 AM
"If you care to rest, go right ahead, I shall take watch. Byzra needs someone to tend to her trauma, so I would need to stay awake for that.

SPoD
2011-04-26, 08:35 PM
After the first full day of rest, Byzra wakes up groggily. "So that's what sleeping is like...I don't think I like it." She rubs her head where the little creature had grabbed on to her. "Ow. That still smarts."

She sees Throsarque doing his best at tending to her wounds, and smiles pleasantly at him. "Thank you, Throsarque. I appreciate your efforts. But I think I can take it from here. We'll save on supplies that way."

The first day of resting would bring Byzra back up to 6.

Byzra will take 10 on a Heal check for the second day of resting so that we don't use up another "charge" from the healing kit. That would give me a 15 on the nose, so everyone else would get back 8 more, if they were damaged, and I would get back another 4, which would bring me to full.

SemiteLock
2011-04-26, 10:57 PM
Apologies on the delay, map is updated.

After resting till the Deva feels fully recovered, the party ventures on, back to the room where the creature was. There is not much left of the body, appearing to have been picked clean by rats of some sort. In fact, as when Krast noticed one before yet another rat is in the doorway, and flees as soon as it sees the party. Upon entering the next room, one can see the other end of the room with an open door, and it is about the same size as the preceding room. It is an empty featureless room, and the rats tail can just be seen turning the corner.

No traps, I assumed we would continue on, felt like we had slowed down so I hope to get us back on track. If anyone has any problems with krast being in front please voice them, or if there is any issues with the little bit of railroading I just did.

Lyndworm
2011-04-26, 11:08 PM
"Shall I check out the room ahead? SO far, I have not been the most observant of our group."

OoC:
Don't worry about it; everything looks fine from my end of the Intarwubz.

SPoD
2011-04-27, 02:02 AM
"I don't think any of us can claim to be perfectly observant," Byzra observes, rubbing the sore spot on her head as she does. "I'm sure you'll do just fine for one room."

She follows Krast into the next room, cautiously.

EDIT: Whoops, those should be +9, not +8. So make those rolls one higher than they are.

Escheton
2011-04-27, 09:41 AM
"Hmm, if I did not know better of vermin and rodents I would figure that rat to be some sort of scout or advanced guard. For it is most peculiar to see it now in the same location."

"It is fine for you to take point Krast, it seems it might be a little to dangerous for the angel or wizard to do so. And judging from the design of this part of the prison, it is unlikely to be trapped, else the creature that attacked Byzra would have likely used the trap and not attacked on its own" Throsarque remarks, as he moves to the back of the group.

Knowledge (dungeoneering) for identifying the creature [roll2]

SemiteLock
2011-04-27, 05:34 PM
Already rolled listen checks for everyone, but your active rolls are also fine. Alas, you do not get warning. Dungeoneering does not work, need a religion check

As Krast approaches the door, a disturbing sight appears in the door way. What appears to be hundreds and hundreds of rats in a gigantic swarm begin to approach your party!

EDIT: Map in the spoiler below

Initiatives:

Rats: 14
Byzra: 7
Krast: 10
Temir: 14
Thorasqu: 4
Temir you are first. Will have a map for combat when its the rats turn

Map:
http://s1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd494/SemiteLock/Combat1.png

Kumori
2011-04-28, 12:22 AM
Temir hesitates a little. He's quick to react to the rats but not entirely familiar with fighting...

Ready an action to Acidic Splatter the swarm if it comes within 10', then 5' step away.

ranged touch [roll0] to hit for [roll1] Acid damage.

SemiteLock
2011-04-28, 07:37 PM
The rats move forward, proceeding to cover everyone in their swarm. Your quick reflexes enable you to get out of the way before they swarm over you, but due to the reaction your spell misses them completely

Everyone gets a free AoO. I can roll these or you can, your choice

SPoD
2011-04-28, 07:41 PM
Byzra stabs at the swarming rats, with disappointing results. "Hey, get off my friend Temir!" she scolds.

AOO Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] piercing (so, probably halved for being a Swarm)

Lyndworm
2011-04-29, 02:14 AM
"Vile pests!" shouts Krast, swinging his axe at the myriad rats.

Attack of Opportunity:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Escheton
2011-04-29, 04:41 PM
Still saying that you don't get a AoO when flatfooted but ill roll just in case.

With a mighty sweep Throsarque tries to get as many rats in one attack as possible.
Inspired attackroll[roll0]
Inspired damageroll [roll1]

SemiteLock
2011-04-29, 06:33 PM
Your fierce attacks swiftly slay enough of the creatures, but not before they have time to get a few of their own bites in. It seems they may be afflicted with some sort of disease as well, but they do not break your skin, so you think you may be safe

1 damage from them clawing at you before you kill enough.

SemiteLock
2011-05-01, 10:11 PM
Apologies again for the weekend lack of posts.

With the rat swarm dispersed, you seem to be free to attempt and inspect the corpses further, as they seem to be a different type of rat species. Other options include heading through the door they came in, or waiting to heal up the scratches.

Escheton
2011-05-02, 10:58 AM
The swarm being dead and dispersed before he could even wonder what it was, Throsarque takes a moment to study some of the remains and contemplate their behaviour.

Knowledge Nature/Arcana/Dungeoneering (whichever applies)[roll0]
"It seems there are creatures here that still hunger..."

Lyndworm
2011-05-02, 11:07 AM
"Strange, given that we do not." Krast begins to push ahead, intending to enter the area from which the swarm came.

SemiteLock
2011-05-02, 06:13 PM
Entering the next room, it in fact is a short hallway. To the right one can see what appears to be an orcs skeleton picked clean. There is an open door way right by it, as well as a bigger room. To the west is a hallway that turns north after a short distance.

Lyndworm
2011-05-02, 09:08 PM
Krast examines the skeleton, looking for any marks in the bones that might give any information. "Yet another of our fallen... This place is making my tribe look very foolish."

Heal:
[roll0]

Search:
[roll1]

SemiteLock
2011-05-03, 05:48 PM
Would like to point out that these are not water orcs. Did you perhaps mean species?

A rudimentary examination makes it evident that the rat swarm picked this poor orc clean of anything and everything edible, and has turned its armor into tatters.

Escheton
2011-05-03, 10:15 PM
" I would inform the orks we met so they can take care of the remains, but judging from their morale and the morgue, I doubt it would matter." Throsarque says with a solemn voice and expression.

"Krast, I do not see how this reflects upon your tribe, but if you deem them foolish, who am I to argue?" he then remarks with a crooked smirk on his face.

While proceeding to the bigger room the dragonborn says with new resolve and chipper tone of voice:"Right, lets see what this room brings then."

SPoD
2011-05-05, 02:31 AM
Byzra follows, seeming sad about the orcish skeletons but not really saying much as she follows Throsarque into the next room.

SemiteLock
2011-05-05, 05:31 PM
All that you notice has been noticed by the others. There are 2 open doors, one to the north and south, and you can head back down the hallway to the turn in it.

Map updated

Escheton
2011-05-08, 11:09 AM
Throsarque heads towards the south door thinking it best to explore close to familiar ground. Just because he is reborn, does not mean leaving a life of cowardice and comfort behind is easy.

He does stop before the opening to examine it for traps for a bit though. Just because the door is open, does not mean it's safe.

Search [roll2], [roll3]

He remains silent during this time.

SemiteLock
2011-05-08, 01:14 PM
You find nothing out of the ordinary.

Taking a quick peak into the room, you notice that it seems to be a quarters of sorts, that may have doubled as a meeting room. There are a variety of stools, a table, bed and what looks to be a skull on the table. To the east another door is open, but it looks to have been carved directly from the wall.

Escheton
2011-05-09, 09:38 AM
"This looks an awful lot like a war room. One where the available exits where not enough for the occupants it seems.
If those corpses in the morgue where not made so by the beasts of this place, I think there might be some sort of strife between the denizens" Throsarque remarks as he slowly passes through the room taking a moment to study it.

Knowledge (Engineering and Architecture)[roll0], Knowledge (Dungeoneering)[roll1]
Spot [roll2], Listen [roll3]
East door Search [roll4], [roll5]

SemiteLock
2011-05-10, 07:13 PM
After careful examination and looking, nothing new becomes apparent, and the secret door appears to not be trapped. It can be gathered that there was a conflict between the orcs and trogs, and that this is where they planned their attack against them.

Thorasque:
With that high of a check on the door, you get a +2 circumstance bonus when looking for secret doors in this part of the dungeon.

Escheton
2011-05-12, 01:47 AM
"Given the secret door over at the acid trap, and this piece of landscaping here I shall keep a closer eye on the very foundation of our environment." Throsarque says, as he heads out the east door, going south,looking for traps and examining the walls, floors and ceilings for anything out of place.

Search [roll2], [roll3], [roll4], [roll5], [roll6], [roll7], [roll8], [roll9], [roll10]

SemiteLock
2011-05-12, 06:57 PM
Back to the game!

Wandering through the halls, you get to another door, and this one as well does not seem trapped. opening it you can continue along your current course, take a left, or go back. You think you can make out a doorway at the end of this hallway straight ahead.

Escheton
2011-05-16, 10:51 PM
Not having to wait on the group to gather due to moving rather slowly caused by careful examination of the corridor and doors, Throsarque heads to the door at end of the current one. Whilst thinking of an earlier discussion on how best to explore this place.

Search [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5] [roll6] [roll7]

Kumori
2011-05-17, 01:23 AM
Temir follows silently. As the group moves through the dungeon at a dawdling pace, boredom clearly comes over his face.
((OOC-I'm not saying I'm bored at the slow pace here. I just don't have anything to say or do really, so Temir is expressing that through his own boredom.))

SemiteLock
2011-05-17, 08:51 PM
Peering inside, you see a damaged room covered in debris, as if an earthquake has recently hit this area of the dungeon. Further ahead you see another door on the other side, but it seems to be blocked by debris. Another route may be a good idea.

Escheton
2011-05-22, 03:46 AM
"Dead end, result of an earthquake most likely. We could try to clear the rubble, though I see little reason to at this point."

Throsarque heads back and through the now right passage at which point his caution and searching continues.

Spot [roll0], Listen[roll1]
Search [roll2][roll3][roll4][roll5][roll6]

SemiteLock
2011-06-02, 08:24 PM
Continued searching and wandering around shows more doors along the path. However, before the party can reach the doors a deep booming voice suddenly speaks:

BYZRA. YOU ARE NEEDED ELSEWHERE MY CHILD. LEAVE THIS PETTY JAIL TO THE MORTALS, WE SHALL RESTORE YOUR POWERS POST HENSE, AND USE YOU MORE PROACTIVELY IN MORE PRESSING MATTERS.

With a flash of purple light, the Deva disappears without a word to her fellows. There is an unfortunate side effect of the spell however. Due to the magic of the dungeon, teleports have random results, and as such the remaining three jump to a part of the dungeon they have yet to explore.

They burst out from a violent violet explosion, into the midst of an interesting group. A group almost as queer as their own; a lesser aasimar, two humans, and a strange lycanthropic creature are licking their wounds after a fierce battle. You are in a room with strange sacks of fungus, leading you to believe it is a room next to where you have already passed. It seems the townsfolk sent more then one group to stop the kobold menace. They are quite surprised, as are you, that there are other adventures in the dungeon, leading to an interesting conversation.

Lyndworm
2011-06-02, 09:23 PM
One of the adventurers so deposited in the new room is an orc with a misshapen face. He has three tusks jutting from his bottom jaw, and his face has been twisted to accommodate the extra tooth.

In rough, accented Common, the orc demands "What just happened?! One moment I'm plodding along behind our resident traprat and the next my head's splitting open. Now we find ourselves with another set of nuts foolish enough to wander into this death trap. Does anyone have a clue?"

Ricky S
2011-06-02, 09:33 PM
Upon hearing the racket that the three made upon entering the room Faith stands up picking up her morningstar and shield. Her armour lying on the floor as it is uncomfortable to sleep in. Everyone get UP! She shouts to the party before turning to the new comers. Who are you? State your business here. I am Faith, Cleric of Pelor and these are my companions, Sven, Lupe and Allanor. She says while pointing to her fellow party members in turn.

RaggedAngel
2011-06-02, 11:33 PM
Lupe stands swiftly, shifting slowing into an odd defensive stance, moving slowly to one side of the room. As he moves the shadows around him seem to swirl and slide, obscuring his form and concealing him slightly. The power does not seem magical, however; the movements of the shadows seem natural and unfocused. "I do not believe that we need be confrontational, but you must admit that your sudden arrival is a bit suspicious. My name is indeed Lupe; I am a shifter and a swordsage, and I mean you no harm or disrespect. That said, have you any proof that you are in fact sent from the village and that you are not another dangerous trick of this place?" He stops moving after about ten feet, but the shadows continue to swirl around him, slowly and gently.

Lyndworm
2011-06-02, 11:37 PM
"Of course not! When's the last time you saw any sort of orc with papers? I'm not a some silly dog to be bought and sold. What proof do you have?"

RaggedAngel
2011-06-02, 11:46 PM
Lupe thinks for a moment; after a pause, he drops out of his stance, and the shadows fall away from him. He grins, calmly walks over to the orc, and holds out a hand. "You're blunt. I like that in a person. What's more, I believe you. If you intended to hurt us, your best chance was the moment that you appeared. Allies?"

Lyndworm
2011-06-02, 11:53 PM
The orc recoils at first, hand instinctively going to his axe as Lupe approaches. Once he understands the situation, however, the orc's broad, lopsided grin rivals the shifter's own. "Haha! Good man." He catches the offered hand in his own mighty fist and gives two firm, but not painful, shakes. "I am Krast Three-Teeth, and until further notice, we are allied. Do not make me regret this decision, friend." The young orc's smile doesn't fade as he says the last bit, and in fact he seems quite jovial.

RaggedAngel
2011-06-02, 11:59 PM
Lupe smiles a bit more, and his canines show. They're far larger than a human's, and are a bit unsettling to see in a normally friendly expression. "This is good for us, I should think. It may get a bit cramped, but there is strength in numbers." He turns to his friends, especially the charismatic cleric. "Do you all have any problem with an alliance? I like this orc, and I'd hate to part without seeing what he can do in a fight."

chrisrawr
2011-06-03, 12:12 AM
Sven wakes with a start, flailing his current poking stick about, and hastily dons his skullcap. "Wha-Aah! Survivors! Well if that isn't something. Any chance they know the way out? he asks the others.

Drothmal
2011-06-03, 02:10 AM
At Faith's call, a dragonborn with green scales and clad in red armor jumps to his feet and lunges for his spear, which he levels against the newcomers

After Lupe and the Orc have come to an understanding and the groups find themselves enemies no longer, Allanor lowers his spear

I agree with Lupe, if you were enemies, you'd have shown it by now. We have to combine our efforts, for this place is crawling with monsters.

Allanor pauses, examining his new companions to be

Is anyone wounded? If so, please let me tend to your wounds using one of the blessings Bahamut has bestowed upon me

Healing aura!!! Back to up to 1/2 max HP!!!

Escheton
2011-06-03, 07:31 AM
"We do not. And our wounds are minor. Our reflexes where swift last encounter where force was needed.
My name is Throsarque Bannitharn, former fire elf, herald of Bahamut. And as Krast here adeptly mentioned...party traprat." Throsarque says to the room at large.

To then address his new allies directly.

"A cleric of the sunlord in a place where his face may not be seen for quite some time. You are either very brave and veracious, or quite foolish. Lets hope for the former."

"Swordsage...I think I heard of those. A militant monk tradition if I am not mistaken? And shifters...lycan descent?"

"Another reborn of Bahamut. What an odd place to encounter a brother. And one to have embraced his ways so fully as well. Astounding. Might I ask what race you where before being set apon the path, and how you came apon it, my friend?

Ricky S
2011-06-03, 10:20 AM
Throsarque, I don't know if voracious is the right way to describe me. I do my best to aid others and I hope to bring the light of Pelor to the dark places of the world.

chrisrawr
2011-06-03, 12:11 PM
"Doesn't get much darker than this hole," Sven mutters

Escheton
2011-06-03, 02:43 PM
"My apologies, someone who is veracious is a seeker of truth, someone who is voracious is a seeker of food.
Judging from your reaction I might be right after all.

And I know not of your group, but we have not explored enough to rule out motes of hope and light in this place."

Drothmal
2011-06-03, 10:17 PM
Another reborn of Bahamut. What an odd place to encounter a brother. And one to have embraced his ways so fully as well. Astounding. Might I ask what race you where before being set apon the path, and how you came apon it, my friend?

I thank you brother for your kind words. I heard the Calling when Lord Bahamut saved me from death at the hands of a Dragon that has hated my family for many generations. Now that I've left behind my human form I live to fulfill my promise to Bahamut and exterminate all chromatic Dragons that I might encounter in my travels

How about you? Why did you follow the Calling?

OOC: I'm techinically a lesser aasimar dragonborn, but Allanor does not know that much of his celestial heritage, so he thinks he is 100% human

Ricky S
2011-06-03, 11:35 PM
Faith smiles,"Oh if that is the case then yes I am veracious. I don't know how brave I am though. I hope I can hold my ground in the face of whatever evils we may face. Faith begins putting on her armour. And Sven, you are right, never have I been to such a dark place as this.

Escheton
2011-06-04, 04:03 PM
"I'm afraid my reasons where more self centered and less militant than that. You see, before I was deemed worthy I was in the winter days of my life. I can in earnest say I led a fulfilling and honorable life. But unlike most of my brethren, the wanderlust did not overtake me until after I felt that my body was too weary to explore the open road. Always have I been the timid one, looking out for the interest of the community at large. While my brothers and sisters followed impulse and burned brightly I could not."

Pausing a second, Throsarque seems to stare through time, and space with a hint of longing and regret.
To then recompose himself and continue his tale.

"It was then that I heard of the rebirth. And the possibilities it held.
Ow, the chance to be young, strong and full of vigor again. The thought was exhilarating.
My mind and time filled with the rebirth, I sought documentation, dragonborns and clergy of Bahamut. I was quite obsessed. But to no avail. But with my unrelenting desire to receive the Calling through knowledge and applied effort the intend to spend my new life against Tiamat grew.
The Calling did not come until my resolve to fulfill the responsibly was unwavering.
That was not long ago."

chrisrawr
2011-06-04, 05:41 PM
Sven is torn between interest and tiredness. "You'll have to let me write your story sometime, it could make a wonderful play..." His last words are lost to mumbles as he nods off.

Drothmal
2011-06-04, 06:07 PM
Sven is right. We were about to rest, for our wanderings through this dungeon have exhausted our strength and our magics. Would you care to set up camp with us while we recover? I was planning on taking the next watch anyways, so you can all rest

SemiteLock
2011-06-06, 10:32 AM
After a short nights rest, everyone wakes up quite refreshed. The wizard Temir had last watch, but after rubbing the sleep from your eyes you all notice he has vanished. Perhaps he was not quite as he seemed...

You now have two choices before you. Continue with your mission from the town, or attempt to find the wizard. Perhaps one will complete the other, but all you know is your map needs updating.

And the great wizard in the sky is at work so that wont be updated till tonight! Party ones map is the most accurate as of right now

chrisrawr
2011-06-06, 12:13 PM
"You've all seen what happens if we try to rush through this place - the hallways are lined with traps and mold and worse. Chances are he's dead, or crazy. This always happens in plays, and nothing good ever comes of chasing after ghosts." Sven is obviously ruffled. It's adorable, I assure you.

Escheton
2011-06-06, 12:46 PM
"Quite the theater aficionado I gather. A playwright yourself maybe? Have you had the joy of seeing a creation of yours played out yet?"

"As for Temir, other than checking if he went back towards our entry point there is little we can do except venture forth in hopes to find him.
On that note, I do believe he was the one mapping out our exploration of this place. Have any of you been keeping a map?"

Drothmal
2011-06-06, 02:09 PM
Even though I did not know the wizard as well as you did, Throsarque, I agree with your assessment of the situation. We'll press forwards, for it is all we can do, and many lives are at stake if we tarry too long

After Throsarque's question, Allanor responds

I think Sven was mapping our progress. I wish I could say we have pushed far enough to need a map, but the few rooms we have seen were enough to diminish our strength to the extent that we had to rest, and then you found us.

chrisrawr
2011-06-06, 03:21 PM
"Not much of a playwright myself, though I know a few people who can turn a story into something more. I'm a mummer, a traveling actor, and a bit of a tinker when needs be," Sven prattles, and interjects after a short bout of day-dreaming when his name comes up again in conversation. "Not mapping as such per se; I've marked our progress with chalk drawings that I hope will illuminate the dangers of passage should we stumble upon them repeatedly. There are many tales of twisting labyrinth and enscorelled dungeon..."

Lyndworm
2011-06-06, 03:49 PM
"I see no fire and no meal; the time for story-telling is not now. Let us press onwards; the mage is lost to us." says the deformed orc. "It is unfortunate, but there is nothing we can do about it."

Drothmal
2011-06-06, 03:54 PM
Give me one second

Allanor switches to the Perception Aura, making everyone feel more sharp and focused

Alright, we can proceed now

+1 to Spot, Listen and Init

Escheton
2011-06-06, 04:13 PM
"We seem to need neither fire nor food here, but you are right. It is time to see what lies beyond the corridor we skipped before.
After we do a quick sweep of familiar grounds to make sure Temir is not simply relieving himself somewhere. "

Following that statement Throsarque proceeds to do so.

Ricky S
2011-06-07, 02:25 AM
Faith hefts her back pack on. Maybe we will see the wizard in the future. In the mean time let us continue.

SemiteLock
2011-06-07, 11:15 AM
Map Updated. The unupdated portion is where the cave in was, which is south from where the attack the second group just survived was. There is still a passage to the left that can be explored (after the room where the first fight with the octopi). In addition, the rooms where the second fight was still need to be searched better, Chrisrawr only ducked his head in real quick.

chrisrawr
2011-06-07, 12:32 PM
"Well, I've still got my head, so let's carry on." Sven lights his lamp, and then pokes his head back into the now hopefully empty room.

Drothmal
2011-06-08, 03:25 PM
Allanor, addressing the new members of the group, asks

Would you accompany us to check the room where we fought our last encounter? We retreated right after the fight, so we could not examine the rooms properly... I can take us there, for Sven has cleared the way of traps

Allanor will lead the group back to where the rat swarm used to be. Then, he will proceed through the north door, leading to a small room with another four doors, explaining the new 2 members of the group how the other four had just survived an encounter with 2 of the octopi

Once there, he will search the 3 rooms that had been opened with the third one being the one where the octopi were). If nothing is found, after Sven and Thorasque check for traps, he will open the foul smelling room that we had left for last

Escheton
2011-06-08, 07:44 PM
After a quick dash through familiar grounds shouting "Temir! Temir!? Are you near?!", Throsarque joins the group in exploration.

Spot [roll0] Listen [roll1]
Searches[roll2],[roll3],[roll4],[roll5],[roll6],[roll7],[roll8]

SemiteLock
2011-06-08, 09:12 PM
Assuming we are searching left to right, clockwise

Temir temir temir.... Echoes down the hallways as his former party member calls out. No response is heard however. The first room appears to be part of the bunk area of the barracks, and is trashed completely.

The next room however, yields a surprise. 4 dire rats are in the room, 1 keep watching while the other three dig around looking for anything to eat... It seems they have just found 6 fat looking morsels though!

What is our marching order?

Initiatives

Lupe: 20
Faith: 19
Allanor: 17
Thorasque: 15
Sven: 12
Spotter: 9
Krast: 8
Rummagers (3): 6

chrisrawr
2011-06-08, 09:35 PM
I'll probably be in front, as my adventurer's honor is on the line - I'm expected to take a cloaker to the face ;D

"Whoa-ello there, RATS! RAAATS!" Sven cries, "Of course it's rats. Well, at least it's not those damnable cloakers."

RaggedAngel
2011-06-08, 10:03 PM
Lupe smiles in his standard wolfish grin. "Rats. I'm a fan of rats, personally. Would you like to see why?" With that he moves across the room in a blur, leaving plenty of room for everyone else to charge, tumbling past the rodents if they try to attack him. As he moves the shadows around him twist and spin, concealing his form from view. He spins once he's reached a good flanking position, and as he spins his hands flare into hot flames. He lashes out at two of the rats, his fists slamming into the ground with a clap of impact. "I love rats because they're easy to kill."

Tumble DC 15: [roll0]

Attack 1: [roll1]
Damage 1: [roll2] + [roll3] Fire

Attack 2: [roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5] + [roll6] Fire

Drothmal
2011-06-09, 12:38 AM
Allanor, used to Lupe's tactics, takes advantage of the flanking position he offers and moves towards the same rat, trying to pierce it through with his spear

[roll0](+2 if Flanking is possible)
[roll1]

Allanor will also switch to the resistance aura, so now everyone has DR 1/magic

Escheton
2011-06-09, 01:40 AM
Semitelock: could you mention what knowledge type is needed to identify the creatures during next battles? Or even better, roll the checks for us that have the skills, then give us information based on it at start of combat?

Attempting to move to a spot that does not block passage and gives flankadvantage for his reach, Throsarque attempts to use quick wit to kill a rat and thereby goad another into attacking him, thereby giving him another chance to strike.

Inspired attack roll(flank not added)[roll0]
Critical confirm (if needed)
Inspired(if a hit) damage roll[roll1]

Escheton
2011-06-09, 01:44 AM
Amusingly I added a line for crit confirmation. Then forgot the roll. Now it's actually needed.

Critconfirm[roll0]
extra dmg [roll1]

Ricky S
2011-06-09, 04:43 AM
How I hate these foul things. Faith charges the nearest rat and swings her morningstar with conviction.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

chrisrawr
2011-06-09, 03:10 PM
Sven walks up to one of the rats still alive, not knowing enough about tactical advantage and such to make any big deal about positioning. He's tired of all the crap filling this place, angry at the obvious malice that went into its construction, and he uses that anger to lay a telling blow against one of these unfortunate creatures. Inspired attack and damage [roll0], [roll1]

SemiteLock
2011-06-10, 02:10 PM
Thorasque
Of course I can do that for you from now on, thank you for the request. (wow that sounds really sarcastic but its not, I really am open to any suggestions you guys have)

The shifter almost majestically slides its way through the combat, leading to two swift attacks on one of the rats. Unfortunately the creature is more nimble then it looks and dodges both strikes.

Unfortunately for the creature, its dodging leads it open to the Dragons attack, skewing it clean through the middle. A couple spasms later, and the rat doesnt move anymore.

While attempting to identify the rate, Escheton decides that it would be much easier to identify if he could examine the inside of it. The creature is cleaved neatly in half from tail to nose, guts spewing out from the Factotums skilled strike. It seems to be a dire rat...

For once, Sven sees an opening he can use and lashes out at one of the other rats that was foraging, scoring a powerful hit against it. It seems to be quite hurt from the attack.

Have to head to friends graduations cant get a map up for the combat. Currently the rat spotting by the door is a mess, 2 more are near each other one badly hurt by sven, while another corpse lies between allanor and lupe. As the spotter is dead krast it is your turn.

Lyndworm
2011-06-11, 10:43 PM
Krast rushes into the glorious combat ahead of him, pulling his massive axe and swinging it into the nearest of the foul beasts.

I imagine that Krast would desire a position near the front of the group, so that he could charge unhindered.

Krast uses a full-round action to Charge into combat. He Power Attacks for -1/+2.

Attack:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Escheton
2011-06-12, 11:33 AM
"Can't the big bad orky-worky hit the little ratty-watties? Aww...you poor thing."

"This seems to be a recurring phenomena. Do you have trouble performing under pressure perhaps?
Would Krast like to talk about it?" Throsarque targets at the barbarian with a wicked smile.

SemiteLock
2011-06-12, 11:51 PM
"Can't the big bad orky-worky hit the little ratty-watties? Aww...you poor thing."

"This seems to be a recurring phenomena. Do you have trouble performing under pressure perhaps?
Would Krast like to talk about it?" Throsarque targets at the barbarian with a wicked smile.
Ok, i loled a little at that. Sorry lynd hah

The orc charges into the fray, shouting his warcry. While fierce, this only serves to make the rats more aware of his presence, and as such they nimbly dodge out of the way of his screaming axe.

This unfortunately brings them to attacking him, as he seems to be the scariest threat in the room.

Both snap at the orc, one grazing his boot while the other sinks its jaws into your soft, tender flesh. Its mouth seems quite filthy, but your strong fortitude seems to reject what diseases the creature has
Krast takes 2 damage from the bite (DR is taken into account)

Lupe your time has come to strike

RaggedAngel
2011-06-13, 12:13 AM
Lupe dashes towards the closest rat, and he takes a few extra feet to get there, maintaining the swirling shadows around his form. As he moves he seems to gather the shadows around his arm, focusing them for a powerful blow. He lashes out with his bare fist at the closest rat, and as he does a second shadow fist seems to spring out of the darkness. At the last moment the shadow hand merges with Lupe's own, imbueing his fist with twice the power, and crushing the rat into a paste.

Shadow Blade Technique.
Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1] +2 from flanking, I believe. That should hit.

Damage: [roll2]
Cold Damage if I take the lower roll: [roll3]

I took the lower roll, so all 10 damage. :smallbiggrin:

Drothmal
2011-06-13, 01:27 AM
Allanor charges at the last remaining enemy, thrusting his blood covered spear at the last rat.

If possible, Allanor will maneuver in such a way that he could present a flanking opportunity for one of his companions

[roll0]
[roll1]

Escheton
2011-06-13, 01:48 AM
No foes left, ignore post
If a rat still breathes Throsarque will attempt to trip it to give Krast a fighting chance.

Touch attack (to trip)[roll0] (flanking not taken into account)
Str check [roll1]
Str check if first fails[roll2]

"It's ok if you need a little help. It happens to all brave warriors now and then."

"Here, try this one. It should be less able to dodge that primitive weapon of yours."

Ricky S
2011-06-13, 02:07 AM
Faith swings her morningstar in a wide arc hoping to crush the last rat.

Thanks for the flank Allanor.

to hit[roll0]
to wound[roll1]

chrisrawr
2011-06-13, 11:06 AM
"And the heroic tale of our gang of misfit adventurers comes to a climax! They have slain the mighty rat guards of the empty room, forfeiting the treasures untold onto us, now the kings and queens of... nadda." Sven bows and blows kisses to an unseen audience. Somehow he's emanating a slow clap, as well, though both hands are quite in view.

Ricky S
2011-06-13, 01:49 PM
Faith looks to Sven with a confused expression. Are you feeling ok? There is no one there

chrisrawr
2011-06-13, 02:03 PM
Looking as if someone had just peed in his ale, Sven mutters, "Everyone's a critic," as well as some rather unsavory words to compliment.

Ricky S
2011-06-13, 02:18 PM
Faith opens her mouth as if to say something. She stops and then just shrugs her shoulders before returning her attention back to the dungeon.

Lyndworm
2011-06-13, 05:17 PM
It's hard to tell past the dark complexion and all of that hair, but Krast appears to have a slight blush. "I may learn to like you yet, traprat. It takes a very special man to say such things; maybe one day I'll find out if you are brave or foolish."