PDA

View Full Version : Worlds Largest Dungeon Mark II (IC)

SemiteLock
2011-03-29, 11:32 PM
OOC Page (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10662780#post10662780)

The township of Brighton is a peaceful little area. While there have been rumors of an old underground jail that have persisted for some time, no one has ever substantiated the claims.

Many adventurers have been through the area, most recently was a Sorcerer by the name of Longtail, a rat of a man that was very much unwelcome in the town. He did not stay long though, before venturing out to find this rumored jail. Good riddance thought the people of Brighton.

Then the monsters appeared. While no deaths have been reported as of yet, attacks of little brown creatures have been reported, as well as goblins. As such, the town guard has been looking for some time to hire out a group of adventures to find out what happened to Longtail, and to hopefully stop these creatures.

You are that group. Having been fully supplied, you set out to stop these problems. Several days of adventuring have led you to a deep cave...

This leads you to a passageway, and finally, to a door with no handle.

Feel free to roleplay out some talking amongst yourselves till I get back online. The cave has no traps or monsters in it. You follow it to the door, and from there feel free to figure out how to get through the door

chrisrawr
2011-03-29, 11:45 PM
"...I still say we go back and see if anyone's got some blasting powder. Never met a door that could withstand a couple barrels of the stuff, if I'm a mummer." Which of course, he was. "Still, I suppose we could wait until morning for that. If anyone wants to have a go at it, I've got a shovel we might be able to wedge into a crack."
Sven took a last, long look at the door, before something in his copiously stuffed backpack grabbed his interest.

RaggedAngel
2011-03-29, 11:46 PM
Lupe studies the door for a moment, and then he slowly stretches his arms, smiling. "Well, it's a bit crude, but I think I could just break the door in. I'm not sure if there's anyone on the other side, so we should be ready to move if you want me to try."

The shifter's grin reflects his name; his canines extend a bit, and his shaggy brown hair frames his faintly slitted eyes. As he studies the door his long-nailed hands trace the wood slightly. He closes his eyes and thinks for a moment. "Yeah, fire should bring this in. Are you guys fine with me breaking the door down, or does anyone have a more elegant solution?"

chrisrawr
2011-03-30, 12:07 AM
Sven looks up from his backpack, a glint in his eye. He scurries over to the large sack of canvas and twine he's dragged behind him most of the way. Undoing the drawstring at the top, he produces a hefty sledge-hammer after a moment of scrounging. Turning to Lupe, with a glint in his eye, he inquires, "Would you like a bit of assistance?" before tossing the instrument towards him.

Ricky S
2011-03-30, 01:05 AM
Faith walks up to the door, her golden robes glinting in the sun, and examines it. "It seems like a normal door. Would you mind if I take a swing. I am quite strong. Faith takes a step back and kicks the door anyway. Seeing if it can be broken down.

Drothmal
2011-03-30, 02:32 PM
Maybe we should check for tra... Allanor starts to say until he's interrupted by Faith's kick. He thinks just kicking the door might be a bit too direct, but then again, that straightforwardness is one of the things he really enjoys from his cleric companion.

Concentrating for just a moment, the red clad Dragonborn activates one of Bahamut's blessings for him and his allies. Immediately, everyone feels more focused and alert, ready to spring into action if necessary.

Allanor then proceeds to grab his longspear, for he knows that an adventruer can never be too careful...

RaggedAngel
2011-03-30, 04:25 PM
You might want to roll a strength check. They help.

Lupe catches the hammer and looks at it for a moment. "Thank you, but my fists are all that I require." He tosses it back. When Faith strike the door he spins and kicks it as well, assisting her in breaking it down. He is surprised by her charge and slightly thrown off of balance, taking some force out of his blow.

Strength assistance check: [roll0]

SemiteLock
2011-03-30, 06:31 PM
Upon your first swing at the door, something unexpected happens. With all your might, you hit the door... and keep on going. Eventually you stop, with your body up to your waist through the door, while your legs are stuck on the other side. It really is quite comical.

Lupe
This will be everyones knowledge shortly, but here is whats on the other side: Nothing! Its to dark to see without a torch or another light source. You do hear whispering and coughing coming from somewhere in the room

Drothmal
2011-03-30, 06:57 PM
Lupe, are you hurt? Allanor asks with a worried voice. The Dragonborn then proceeds to move right next to the swordsage, ready to pull him from back into the cave if he says he is in danger.

If his teammate is not in danger, Allanor will tentatively poke at the door with his longspear. If it seems like an illusion, he'll step through to the other side

SemiteLock
2011-03-30, 07:00 PM
No matter what her response is, you can not hear her. Your spear too, gets stuck in the door and you can not pull it out.

chrisrawr
2011-03-30, 07:17 PM
"Well," Sven intones, replacing his sledge in his sack, "Well, damn. This, this is something I haven't seen before." The admittance obviously cost him. He shifts around for a torch, then lights it with a flint and steel from one of his many belt pouches. After a little while, it catches. "Ladies and gentlemen, friends and allies all! Hear me now, for I go now where none have returned, not with tale nor whisper." The flickering torchlight provides a shadowy contrast upon his face, and a shimmering for his eyes. Nearly inaudible, but building as he continues "None yet, for I shall be the first! A tale of grand adventure and heroic deeds will be spun, epics composed by court bards and playwrights! The unknown is behind this door, friends!" Calming to a normal voice, he adds, "Who's with me?"

Drothmal
2011-03-30, 07:18 PM
While Sven delivers his rousing speech, Allanor struggles briefly trying to free his longspear. Seeing it is to no avail, Allanor looks at his companions and says in a serious voice I guess going forward is the only option. We have to help Lupe. I'm going with you Sven. Faith, are you with us?

Ricky S
2011-03-30, 09:15 PM
Faith looks shocked as Lupe goes straight through the door and gets stuck. Her own kick doing nothing as it didnt make contact with the seemingly ethereal door.

Faith stifles a laugh at Lupe's flailing legs and goes to try and push him in further.

Faith looks to the other two "I'm going to try and walk in as well. I guess that this door is one way.

With that Faith walks up to the door and places her hands out in front of her and slowly walks forward towards the door.

There seems to have been a misunderstanding. Lupe is in the door faith is not (I thought it was the other way too at first :smallsmile:).

chrisrawr
2011-03-30, 09:26 PM
Sven steels himself, gripping his sack, and charges forward into the door.

Drothmal
2011-03-30, 09:37 PM
Allanor, longspear still in his hand, moves through the portal with a resolved expression

SemiteLock
2011-03-30, 11:14 PM
You all appear on the other side. In dim torchlight you see two things. One, is a group of 3 orcs huddled in the corner, shivering and whispering amongst themselves. If they noticed your presence, they have not acknowledged it. Second, there are 2 doors about 30 feet in front of you, the orcs nowhere near them.

RaggedAngel
2011-03-30, 11:55 PM
Lupe freezes in place when the enemies appear, and then his swordsage's reflexes kick into action. His immediate reaction is to charge into combat, but he swiftly suppresses his animal instincts. Lupe begins to silently move to the far doors, but then he realizes that his companions will have a much harder time than he crossing the room unheard and unseen.

He has but three options; to attempt to sneak across the room, to attempt diplomacy, or to attack. Lupe watched the orcs again for a moment; their kind was not innately evil, and he would loath to hurt an innocent. However, as he thought he realized that the evils that had been plaguing the land had all stemmed from this cavern. If he attempted to speak to them and they used the opportunity to kill him and his friends, then the evils would continue to pour out of the dungeon. If he tried to sneak past them, the same thing might happen.

Lupe was wise, but he was also a master of combat. It came natural to him to charge into the fray, and he could not help himself but to release a bit of a battle cry as he rushed forward with superhuman, but not supernatural, speed. As he moves the shadows in the room seem to swirl around him, cloaking him in a shifting haze of gloom. To contrast this darkness his fists burst into a blazing light, as his eyes gleam; they seem to be reflecting a desert sun, though no sunlight could reach so far underground. As he reaches the orcs he lashes out with both hands like a wolf, his strikes flowing and perfectly parallel, almost fanglike. He slams against them like a meteor composed of fire and shadow, attempting to break them before they can retaliate.

Lupe Surestride (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=285518)
Male Chaotic Good Shifter Swordsage, Level 1, Init +4, HP 9/9, Speed 40ft.
AC 15, Touch 13, Flat-footed 12, Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +4, Base Attack Bonus 0
Unarmed Strike +4 (1d6+1, x2)
Handaxe (2) +4 (1d6+1, x3)
Leather Armor (+2 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 13, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 11, Wis 15, Cha 11
Condition None

Movement triggers the Child of Shadow stance; swift action to use Burning Blade, and then standard action to attack with Wolf Fang Strike. I'm assuming the orcs are within 40 feet.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1] + [roll2] fire damage.

Attack 2: [roll3]
Damage 2: [roll4] + [roll5] fire.

Attacks against me have a 20% miss chance until next round.

Ricky S
2011-03-31, 02:30 AM
Faith sees Lupe spring into action. "I cannot in good conscience, kill a defenceless creature despite them being orcs. But I would like to question one.

Faith springs forward and attacks one of the orcs.

[roll0]-4 (Faith is attacking with non lethal force)
[roll1] Damage

SemiteLock
2011-03-31, 07:58 AM
The shifters clawing aims for 2 orcs necks... but he loses his footing and misses both of them. Faiths attack instantly knocks out one of the weak creatures.

EveryoneOK I'm off to work, I will try and post but I make no promises on its quality. Sven and Allanor can act in this surprise round if they desire, and I don't have a map ready cause I wasn't expecting you guys to fight them :smallfurious: This is a straightforward combat though.

Drothmal
2011-03-31, 12:56 PM
Allanor, following Faith's lead, will try to knock out another of the Orcs by using non lethal damage. If possible, he'll try to charge in such a way that he can get to flanking position with respect of either Faith or Lupe

Seeing his companions engaging in combat, Allanor realizes that the time for action is upon him. He sees Faith knocking unconscious one of the Orcs and he decides to try the same approach. While charging through the room, he turns his spear in a whirling motion so that he attacks his opponent with the wooden end of his weapon, aiming for the temple

Allanor Somdel (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=285410)
Male Neutral Good Dragonborn Dragon Shaman, Level 1, Init +5, HP 10/10, Speed 30ft.
AC 14 (12 after charge), Touch 10, Flat-footed 14, Fort +23, Ref -3, Will +6, Base Attack Bonus 0
Longspear +3 (1d8+4, x3)
Spear +3 (1d8+4, x3)
Light crossbow +0 (+1 within 30ft.) (1d6, x3)
Scale Mail (+4 Armor, +3 Dex)

Attack
[roll0] +5(attack + charge) -4 (non-lethal) +2 (if flanking)
[roll1]

EveryoneAllanor will keep the Senses aura up, so remember to add +1 to your initiatives! I'll switch to DR as soon as I get the chance to do a swift action after initiatives have been rolled

SemiteLock
2011-03-31, 06:11 PM
Hitting the orc with the butt of his spear, the shaman knocks out one of the last two orcs.

chrisrawr
2011-03-31, 09:03 PM
Sven's charge carries him part-ways into the cavern, and into the midst of a brawl. A little surprised that he was still alive, he let out a short bout of high-strung laughter.

"What's this now," he asked once he'd calmed down, "Not ten seconds in a new and exciting land and we're slaughtering the locals?"

Drothmal
2011-03-31, 09:35 PM
Allanor grunts due to his own efforts in the fight, but he is still able to talk to Sven.

Sven! We are not killing them! Do you have anything in that bag to knock out the last guy?

RaggedAngel
2011-03-31, 09:47 PM
Lupe backs off a bit, his rapid battle-reflexes calming down. He breathes for a moment, forcing his animalistic nature down. While his surges weren't as bad a barbarian's, he occasionally had to work to control the lycanthropic urges that were inherent to his race.

He addresses the remaining orc. "We do not have to hurt you; I apologize for my attack, but I could not risk you attacking me and my companions. If you will speak with us there is no need to continue fighting."

Diplomacy, sort of: [roll0]

Male Chaotic Good Shifter Swordsage, Level 1, Init +4, HP 9/9, Speed 40ft.
AC 15, Touch 13, Flat-footed 12, Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +4, Base Attack Bonus 0
Leather Armor (+2 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 13, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 11, Wis 15, Cha 11
Condition None

SemiteLock
2011-03-31, 10:09 PM
Despite, or perhaps because of the attacks, the last one is somehow indifferent to what you did to his companions. For all he knows they could be dead, and he seems almost jealous of that fact. He looks at the shifter and says "Killing would be quicker. You will see." before continuing on staring into the dark

RaggedAngel
2011-03-31, 10:14 PM
Lupe, a bit stunned and worried, carefully observes the area around them. He also begins to breathe deeply, relaxing his mind and body for a moment. He blinks, and in a moment of clarity his expended martial maneuvers return to him.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Use Adaptive Style to re-prepare all manuevers as a full-round action.

Ricky S
2011-03-31, 10:48 PM
Faith looks worried as the orc speaks with such a cynical tone. "Please Orc, what will we see? What is down there?Your friends are just unconscious. So you dont need to worry. Understand that the wilderness is a dangerous place and we couldnt give you the opportunity to attack.

Faith kneels down as she says this, to show a less imposing figure.

SemiteLock
2011-03-31, 11:09 PM
The orc looks at the cleric, smiles a creepy grin, and promptly lies down with his back towards you. He seems to not care at all what happens to him or his companions, and does not pay attention to anything else that happens

chrisrawr
2011-03-31, 11:21 PM
Motioning the others aside, Sven sits down beside the orcs. "Orcfriend, what if I told you that we're going to find a way out of this place? A way back home. Know we can only do this if we survive. You know what's... out there. We could use your help."

RaggedAngel
2011-04-01, 12:06 AM
Lupe frowns, bends over, and murmurs in the cleric's ear. "I do not believe that this is going to work. We should leave them; the question is if we should tie them up or not. I do not want them ambushing us in our sleep."

SemiteLock
2011-04-01, 08:05 AM
Just a quick map description: You guys came in to this room from the south west corner. The orcs are opposite, in the north east. The room is about 40' x 40', and there is a door in the northwest corner and a door in the south east corner.

Ricky S
2011-04-01, 08:43 AM
Faith whispers back to Lupe "I agree with you. I think it is a lost cause trying to talk to these orcs. They have not any fight left in them.

Faith stands up and looks at the group. Whatever is down there is probably very dangerous. We should post a watch everynight and we need to be vigilant. I suggest we start moving. I dont want to be stuck in this dungeon forever.

Faith looks back at the orc. Good luck to you orc. With that she walks to the door in the northwest corner. Door number one?

RaggedAngel
2011-04-01, 09:01 AM
Lupe follows the cleric, vigilantly observing the room. "Is anyone able to find traps? I would hate to come this far just to fall into a spiked pit or trigger a moveing wall trap or something."

chrisrawr
2011-04-01, 01:38 PM
Joining the others in a small circle, Sven perks up when asked about traps. "Traps! Of course! Every good adventure is full of trap-filled dungeons. I should be able to figure some of them out, if it comes to it."

Drothmal
2011-04-01, 02:00 PM
Keeping an eye on the orcs while talking to his companions, Allanor speaks in a soft voice Very well, then I propose that Sven checks for traps while I keep an eye for any possible threats. Anybody is willing to take scouting position?

chrisrawr
2011-04-01, 05:13 PM
Sven slowly makes his way around the room, looking left and right, up and down, slantwise and banana for any tripwires or gobblegingers that might afflict undue harm upon his (and his companions) person(s).

SemiteLock
2011-04-01, 05:38 PM
Your detailed search turns up.... Nothing. Its a door. A very nice door, but a door nonetheless. You believe it may be stone. Also, there is a very good chance it is quite safe to walk through the door.

Drothmal
2011-04-01, 07:20 PM
After checking with Sven that the door appears safe, Allanor addresses his companions

Alright everybody, we could do as following: Lupe and I walk through the door first. Faith and Sven, you two wait twelve seconds to hear a response from us. This door might be the same as the one we just passed and we might not be able to return, so if after that time you haven't heard from us, the two of you come through. Does anyone have a better idea?

If everybody agrees. Allanor will then proceed to walk through this second door, spear in hand and still projecting the senses aura

Ricky S
2011-04-01, 07:36 PM
Faith looks at Allandor, That suits me. Lets go.

RaggedAngel
2011-04-01, 09:10 PM
Lupe grins, his canines showing. "Thanks for putting me in the front. If we encounter anything in the hallways I should be able to tumble around it and get into a nice flanking position. If there's a bunch of them I'll want to stay next to you to protect the more vulnerable of us, but if there's only one or two opponents it may be nice to hit them from two sides." He flexes his hands, his nails glinting sharply in the light. "I'm glad I haven't had to shift yet. That always leaves my head spinning. Hopefully we won't get that pressed, but the day is young." He follows through the door.

SemiteLock
2011-04-01, 10:09 PM
Lupe and Allanor
As you two enter the next room, the last orc continues to ignore your presence. The next room is easily twice the size of the other one, possibly much more. Directly ahead are two doors, one of which is almost lined up with the one you just left, while the other is about 30 feet to its east. The room goes east for about 120 feet, and then appears to cut south. No serious threats are obvious.

chrisrawr
2011-04-01, 10:19 PM
Entering the room, Sven halts his companions. "I'm going to check for pressure plates." Taking a 10 foot pole out of his pack and attaching a sledge to the end with some twine, he begins tapping the floor in a methodical manner. Every 5 feet, he also stops and checks the walls.

RaggedAngel
2011-04-02, 06:58 PM
Lupe looks carefully around the new room and waves everyone in. (Read the spoiler above if you enter.) "Should we try those doors first, or should we head down the hallway?"

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Ricky S
2011-04-02, 09:23 PM
Faith walks in behind them, her armour clinking quietly with each step. She takes in her surroundings but sees just another room. Your guess is as good as mine. I think at this stage it doesnt matter which direction we go. It will be trial and error anyway but I feel that the hallway holds promise. Lets start there.

SemiteLock
2011-04-02, 11:17 PM
After extensive stick poking and examination by everyone, nothing is of note. However, while poking the door next to the one straight ahead, a burst of fire comes out. Continuous poking yields more bursts of fire.

Spellcraft to find out what the flames are, if you succeed bonuses to the search and disable device checks. Would you all like to make a map or would you like me too? Lastly, its not so much a hallway as a massive chamber... its something like 40 feet wide by 120 feet long, but you cant see everything yet

Ricky S
2011-04-03, 03:53 AM
Faith examines the curious flames. She tries to remember her clerical training but she never did well with remembering things. She was far better with practical things.

Spell craft[roll0]

Drothmal
2011-04-03, 04:02 AM
Sven, is there anything you can do about this trap? If you can deactivate it, I suggest we take that door, for behind it we might find a clue of what is happening here. If the trap is too difficult, we'll take the other door.

Allanor will try to assist Sven on anything he can, but his knowldege of magic is rather limited. If there is nothing for him to do, he'll try to explore the room a bit through the areas that Sven has deemed safe with his pole, looking for any threats in the room

chrisrawr
2011-04-03, 11:01 AM
Sven studies the door for a while, occasionally prodding it open with his pole. After a moment, he grabs something from his sack, and shoves it on his pole.

"I haven't the slightest clue what the cause of this fire is," he laments, "But it's certainly good for roasting sausage."

On a more serious note, he adds, "It's not very hot. I believe we could dash through under a length of wet canvas."

SemiteLock
2011-04-03, 11:19 AM
Faith
Despite your lack of time spent studying the arcane, you recognize it as a very simple and very weak "Burning hands" spell. You believe it is very likely to not hurt much at all.

Sven
If she shares the spoilered knowledge with you as I'm sure she will, add +5 to both your search and disable device check. Alternatively, your wet blanket idea may well be a possible choice

Ricky S
2011-04-03, 06:31 PM
After examining the flames and remembering back to her days at the temple she finally knows what it is. The flames are from a burning hands spell. The spell seems very weak and I doubt it would hurt any of us very much at all. It was probably cast a long while ago so the magic has worn off. Sven, do you think you can disable it?

chrisrawr
2011-04-03, 07:18 PM
"I doubt it, magic's beyond me for the most part. I'll give it a shot, though!"

Sven spends a minute or so poking and prodding the door open, observing the exact nature of the fire that comes out. This gives him time to finish his sausages. ((Waiting on OOC stuff))

SemiteLock
2011-04-04, 05:59 PM
After substantial poking, the door opens. More poking shows that the trap is disabled as long as the door remains open. You see an open door down on the other side of entrance, sacks along the sides of it with black colored fungus growing in, on top of, and around them. The room is approximately 15 x 40 feet

Remember, there is still another door about 20 feet to the left of this one, as well as more space to the east which could have another antechamber

Ricky S
2011-04-05, 01:07 AM
Faith enters cautiously. Careful not to disturb the black fungus. She continues through the door on the other side of entrance. She looks for any danger and then if there is not any she starts searching the room.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
Search [roll2]

Drothmal
2011-04-05, 01:41 AM
Allanor follows through the door after Faith. Once he is faced with the strange room, he tries to remember anything that he could have learned during his training that might give him an idea of what these fungi are

Everybody, be on your guard, we don't know what might be hiding in these rooms Allanor says softly, for he does not want to invoke any unheeded attention. He keeps looking around the room, scaning for possible threats

Everybody remember to add +1 to your spot and Listen due to the draconic Aura
EDIT: Rewrote rolls since previewing them gave me an error message
EDIT 2: Erased rolls since they were not showing up

Drothmal
2011-04-05, 01:43 AM
Rolling again

[roll0]+3
[roll1]+9
[roll2]+9

SemiteLock
2011-04-05, 08:11 AM
I always make that mistake too drothmal lol. Map updated soon with the new small hallway

Upon careful examination, the door on the other side swings open without any effort at all, revealing another storage room containing more bags of fungus, as well as a vareity of other containers that have been ransacked for their contents. You can see a small hallway in the south east corner of this next room.

Drothmal
2011-04-05, 02:08 PM
I say we press on through this path to see where it leads. If you want to double back and check the other rooms more carefully, say so now. We never know when we will encounter another of these one way doors.

Allanor will search the new room to see if there is anything of value that has not been ransacked, always keeping an eye for possible threats

[roll0]+7

@Semite: Let me know if I should reroll Spot for every room. Also, let me know if the knowledge Nature yielded anything. Thanks!

chrisrawr
2011-04-05, 05:03 PM
"I think we should press through until we find something more... lively." Sven doesn't like the feel of these abandoned, mouldy rooms. "If anything did live here, it's gone now." After a short moment of brooding and looking about, he perks up; "I almost forgot! My whistles!" reaching into one of his many pockets, Sven produces five fine, silver whistles. "Everyone should grab one, practice with it for a bit. If we get split up, these might help us find our way to each other," a pause, then, "Or, they might attract undue attention... Either way, useful to have around."

A short while later, he curses. "I've been lugging this around the entire time, without using any of it!" He pulls out some sticks of chalk from his backpack, and hands everyone a few. "If you break off, mark an arrow with your initials every score of feet or so, it'll make finding your whistle easier... But if you encounter anything dangerous like the firespout back there, try to leave some fair warning."

OOC: Everyone now has a silver whistle and 5 pieces of chalk. Sven will be marking our progress every 10-20 feet with an arrow.

RaggedAngel
2011-04-05, 06:04 PM
Lupe flips the shiny whistle up in the air, letting it tumble and twirl before catching it smoothly. He grins, his teeth showing. "I like the shiny whistle, don't get me wrong, but I hope we don't split up unless it's utterly necessary. I've lost a lot of daring cousins because they decided to disregard the old adage of strength in numbers. Now the, shall we head onwards?"

Drothmal
2011-04-05, 06:09 PM
Thank you Sven for your kind gift. We should avoid separation, but this might prove useful if it cannot be avoided. It seems we are all of one mind about pressing forwards says Allanor I suggest that we continue with the same formation of me and Lupe in the front, if no one has objections

If there are none, Allanor will proceed forwards to the small hallway, always on guard

SemiteLock
2011-04-05, 08:20 PM
Allanor
Missed your nature roll, could you reroll it or tell me the result?

While rummaging through and before moving on, Allanor spots something shiny in amongst the rubble. After careful digging, he pulls out a small, gold ring, that appears to be fairly valuable.

After walking a short way down the hallway and a turn to the left (south east) you come to a T intersection. To the left is a a wall, and to the right an open door. Lucky for you, Sven has his stick and sausages. Unlucky for the sausages, a green arrow shoots from the left wall, dissolving it and the tip of the stick in a short time. The smell is rather unpleasant.

Map updated

Drothmal
2011-04-05, 08:36 PM
post #55, rolled 15+3=18

Allanor pulls the ring out of the dirt. He can tell it is valuable, but his years living with the dragon shaman tribe always left him at a loss when it comes to understanding the value of luxury objects. The dragonborn shows the ring to his companions, allowing them to take a look at it

This might be valuable, but I cannot tell what it is made of or if there is any chance that it might be magical. Does anybody have any theories?

Faced with the trap, Allanor turns to the Factotum. Good work Sven! That might have proven a very nasty surprise. Let's make sure that it was loaded to fire only once before we proceed

RaggedAngel
2011-04-05, 08:40 PM
Lupe shakes his head. "I'm no mage, but I doubt that was a normal arrow. Normal arrows don't dissolve wood like that. I could just squirt acid, or it may be a spell. Either way, we should be very cautious, unless any of you happen to be immune to acid." He delivers the last bit drolly, and seems unamused by the traps.

chrisrawr
2011-04-05, 10:01 PM
Lupe's comment sparks an idea. "Immune to acid... I wonder-" Again rummaging through his canvas, Sven picks out a candle, twisting it to the much-shortened end of his now less-than-10-foot-pole. He waves the candle about, hoping to set off another spout of acid.

While he's doing this, he takes a look at the ring. He's not much for pawnsworth knowledge, but it could always remind him of something familiar. At the least, it would be worth its weight in gold.
appraise[roll0]

SemiteLock
2011-04-05, 10:57 PM
Sven
Your appraise is enough for you to suspect that it is, in fact, worth its weight in gold. An exact value can not be ascertained though. The trap does not go off by waving the candle in the air

chrisrawr
2011-04-05, 11:48 PM
Wondering at the difference, Sven tries one more time - placing another sausage on the end of the pole, beside the candle, he waves the stick in the air. If this worked, he was going to remember to buy more sausage first chance...

Ricky S
2011-04-06, 02:02 AM
Unfortunately I didnt pray for any detect magic spells today. I was more worried about practical things like water and light. However it seems that the worry was misguided as you are all very well prepared. Faith follows behind the group.

SemiteLock
2011-04-06, 10:15 PM
More waving yields nothing. However, as you lay the stick down on the tile, yet another bolt shoots out, dissolving yet another of your tasty treats.

Drothmal
2011-04-07, 01:31 PM
(On the Ring)

Faith, I think your choice was very wise. Finding out more about this ring can wait until you have had time to pray again, for it is not a pressing matter. I suggest that Sven carries this and other treasures that we find Allanor chuckles He seems to be the best prepared of us for that task

(on the acid trap)
It would seem that there is a pressure plate on the floor. Sven, please check for the boundaries of the trigger, for we might be able to step around it

If it is possible for stepping around the plate, Allanor will do so and go ahead and look into the next room. If it is not possible to do so without jumping/using some other method to bypass the trap, he will suggest that we double back and check the door next to the one trapped with the fire spell

chrisrawr
2011-04-07, 01:58 PM
"I... I think the arrows are one-shots," Sven confesses, "I have no idea where or when they'll come from. It's best if we just keep tapping along. Speaking of which, I'm going to need a new 10 foot pole, and some more sausages."

SemiteLock
2011-04-07, 05:31 PM
Space reserved for him waiting on checking PM's

chrisrawr
2011-04-07, 06:07 PM
Search check for acid :<[roll0]

SemiteLock
2011-04-07, 07:30 PM
Search check for acid :<[roll0]

Search check for acid? huh?

chrisrawr
2011-04-07, 08:15 PM
Search check for acid? huh?

I'm looking for the source of the acid that's ruining my sausage.

SemiteLock
2011-04-07, 10:52 PM
Ah gotcha, sorry bout that

After looking and searching, you notice the location from where the arrows are coming from... 20 feet down the hallway to the left. Getting to it safely does not seem to likely

Ricky S
2011-04-09, 10:21 AM
Faith looks at the direction the arrows are coming from. Do you think there is anyway we could get past this? If not we should try and fight another way around.

chrisrawr
2011-04-09, 11:52 AM
"Sounds good to me," Sven agrees. There were a few more things he'd like to try out, but the prospect of getting acid splattered on his face was far from a happy one. "My vote's we backtrack to the large hall and see where it leads." Doing some quick mental math, he adds, "I'm gonna need two volunteers for wall-and-floor poking duty, any takers?"

Ricky S
2011-04-09, 12:44 PM
I can help with that if you have a spare pole. Faith starts back tracking and looks for another passage.

Drothmal
2011-04-10, 02:04 PM
I agree, we should see if we can find another way around

SemiteLock
2011-04-10, 05:01 PM
Where are we heading boys and girls?

chrisrawr
2011-04-10, 05:30 PM
Marking the trap with an arrow, a skull, and a small inscription, Sven whirls to meet the eyes of his companions.

"Right," he says, "Right, what we need to do is find where the monsters are coming from, right? And obviously there's no signs of monsters having their bits melted off by acid around, right? Which means we should find another passage through." He grabs a few more poles from the canvas sack, handing them out. "What we need to do is make sure no surface goes unmolested. Poke doors. Poke walls. Poke floors. Poke each other, on occasion. I say we head east."

And with that, he whirled and began carefully prodding and waving his stick at the floors, walls, doors, and companions.

RaggedAngel
2011-04-10, 07:58 PM
Lupe dodges the wild and chaotic poking and makes a sound of distaste. "There seems like there may be a better way. Couldn't you try to, I don't know, figure out what sets off the trap? It only seems to go off when you poke that specific spot, so what if we just jump over that spot?"

He duck another pole. "Also, just wondering, but where on earth were you keeping these things?"

chrisrawr
2011-04-10, 08:56 PM
"Well, I bought a few ladders in town, and broke them apart in my spare time. I've also got about 40 rungs in there, for kindling or what have you." Sven mused. "Also, the first time I sprung the trap, I was waving my sausage around blithely - it seems to go off at random. There's probably a pattern to it, but I'd rather find the source of the monsters ravaging the land and get out of here. You do remember the state of those poor orcs?" He goes silent and withdraws slightly when he mentions them.

Drothmal
2011-04-12, 06:56 PM
Let's try to find a way around this trap. Maybe we should try our luck with the other door in the room past the orcs

If no one disagrees, Allanor will lead the way back to the other door and, after Sven has checked it again for traps, he will open it and proceed through

RaggedAngel
2011-04-12, 08:53 PM
Lupe will follow; if the trapfinder can't get rid of the acid arrow trap, then there's no use in attempting to prod it to death.

Ricky S
2011-04-12, 11:04 PM
Faith follows Allanor and Lupe through the door. If we cant find a way through this passage I am just going to risk the acid trap.

SemiteLock
2011-04-13, 06:37 PM
Continuing down the antechamber, 3 more doors become apparent. One of them it would seem leads back to the first room, and in fact would be the other door you saw. The other two are completely new, and on the east wall about 30 feet apart.

Drothmal
2011-04-14, 08:06 PM
Allanor will aproach the North west door and, after Sven has checked it for traps , he'll open it
I'm pretty sure this door had been checked, but just in case

SemiteLock
2011-04-17, 10:48 PM
The door is not trapped

Upon opening the door, a terrible smell and far worse sight greet you. This appears to be the morgue where the bodies have been thrown. Kobolds and troglodytes litter the floor, and the smell is absolutely disgusting

Fort save plz

Ricky S
2011-04-18, 01:26 AM
As Allandor opens the door the smell assaults her nose and she wrinkles it in disgust. What is this putrid smell?. She looks past Allandor at the room inside. By the grace of Pelor! What could have caused this?

Fort save if Faith has to make one as well, She is standing 10ft behind Allandor though. [roll0]

Drothmal
2011-04-18, 11:48 AM
Allanor tries as hard as possible to ignore the stench and wills himself not to look away from the atrocities in front of him

[roll0]

I don't know what kind of sick mind could have engendered this, but let's be on our guard, for I worry an enemy might be lurking hidden among the corpses

RaggedAngel
2011-04-18, 03:41 PM
Lupe's sensitive nose picks up the stench moments before the others, and it doesn't help him ignore the disgust that it triggers. "We should move through here as quickly as possible, and find whoever did this. I believe that we should make them attest to their actions, by force if necessary."

Fort: [roll0]

SemiteLock
2011-04-18, 05:29 PM
Everyone makes the save

A quick glance into the room shows it to have only the one door.

Drothmal
2011-04-18, 05:45 PM
I suggest we leave this wretched place. I think, if possible, we should seal the door behind us

With this, Allanor will proceed to examine the other end of the L-shaped chamber. After Sven has checked the doors for traps, and if no one opposes the idea, he'll open the last door of the passage (that would be the south eastern door)

chrisrawr
2011-04-18, 06:26 PM
((OOC:Would you mind making passive saves for us, in the future? It cuts down on passive gaming and allows us to focus more on active adventuring - especially in a setting such as this :P)) [roll0]

"Agreed," Sven says, "At the least, I'll mark the door so that we don't forget."

SemiteLock
2011-04-18, 08:33 PM
Sure can. And you didnt need to make the save so no worries. Map will be updated today or tmmrw, i hope tonight

The next room contains yet more horrors for your senses. The room too has a terrible smell to it, though not nearly as revolting as the other one. It appears to have been living quarters for troglodytes at one point, with refuse in one of the corners of the room.

Ricky S
2011-04-18, 09:03 PM
Despite having lived on a farm for her childhood the sickly smell of the dead is a world away from the fresh earthly smells of a farm. The smell of the refuse and the dead mix together in an unrelenting assault on her senses. Faith's eyes start watering not only at the smell but at the thought of what has happened here.
Please let us move through this place quickly

Faiths moves quickly looking for a another doorway to pass through. If she finds one she will push through.

chrisrawr
2011-04-19, 12:16 PM
Sven's eyes, watering, were playing tricks on his vision - in cahoots with his fears, of course, which were already causing him to jump at the slightest sound, of flicker of torchlight. He marked the room with a small caricature of a troglodyte, and then, through his shirt, asked his companions, "Should we burn it all, perhaps?"

Drothmal
2011-04-19, 04:12 PM
Not a bad, idea, but we don't know if the smoke coming from the bodies might not alert whatever killed the previous residents of these rooms. Allanor realizes that more explanation will require him to breathe more of the foul air, so he just proceeds to signal towards the closest door, asking Sven to check once again for traps with his trusty stick

SemiteLock
2011-04-19, 05:44 PM
The other door is not trapped

There is not another door visible in the room.

Drothmal
2011-04-19, 08:20 PM
Then Allanor will point towards the exit and we'll try proceeding through the last unopened door

SemiteLock
2011-04-20, 11:26 PM
Continuing the horror, a dead orc belonging to the clan of the other three is in the room. At the far end of the hallway is an opened door, leading into a pitch black room.

RaggedAngel
2011-04-21, 01:40 AM
Lupe nods at the pitch black room looming before you. "Does anyone have a torch or sunrod we can throw in there first? I'd hate to charge in without visability, though I do volunteer to go first in a fight, if you're okay with that. I can hit pretty hard when I need to."

Drothmal
2011-04-21, 08:23 PM
Allanor light a torch, and in a low voice, indicates his companions

I'll throw this torch through the door now. If that darkness is not magical and the room lits up, Lupe and I will charge in. Everybody have your weapons ready, we don't know what dangers we might face

Allanor will activate the senses aura (+1 Init, +1 spot/listen) and will proceed as indicated unless there are any objections with that plan

RaggedAngel
2011-04-21, 09:01 PM
Lupe nods, and pitches his voice a bit lower, in case there is something waiting inside the room. "I'll attempt to tumble and end up on the other side of whatever may be in there, to keep them surrounded. If they start hitting me hard I'll need to fall back, though. Otherwise, I have no comments or objections."

chrisrawr
2011-04-21, 09:40 PM
((OOC: I thought Sven had a lantern lit 0_o if not, he lights his lantern, because wtf.))

SemiteLock
2011-04-22, 05:40 PM
It probably is lit, but you cant light the whole room with your lantern with where you are currently standing. I'm saying Lupe went in first after your torch was thrown, since it makes sense with tumbling to the other side.

Upon recovering from the tumble, Lupe notices a rat at the far end of the hallway, at another doors entryway, before it scurries into the adjacent room. That is all he notices though, before a blackness seems to envelope the room...

Initiatives:

Unknown: 19
Lupe: 13
Allanor: 9
(rolled by me, I did take into account your +1 Drothmal)

A black, octopus like creature descends from the ceiling, and attempts to wrap itself around the head of the shifter. It successfully slams into you and begins to try and grapple your head.

You take 8 damage from it (max damage on the roll. Oops.) and roll an opposed grapple check against a 15

RaggedAngel
2011-04-22, 06:01 PM
Opposed Grapple, DC 15: [roll0]

Lupe shifts, the light hair covering his body lengthening into fur, his fangs growing, and his limbs stretching oddly. His whole body become leaner and stronger.

(I'll post below based on the results of the grapple check.)

RaggedAngel
2011-04-22, 06:08 PM
Stats:
Male Chaotic Good Shifter Swordsage, Level 1, Init +5, HP 1/9, Speed 40ft.
AC 16, Touch 14, Flat-footed 12, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4, Base Attack Bonus 0
Leather Armor (+2 Armor, +4 Dex)
Abilities Str 13, Dex 19, Con 14, Int 11, Wis 15, Cha 11
Condition Shifted, Child of Shadow concealment

(Note that he has Concealment from his stance. 20% miss chance. That last attack will reduce him to 1, so I'd be grateful if you would roll the miss chance for it and the creature's subsequent attacks.)

Lupe busts out of the grapple with grace and speed, the power of his shifted form lending him inhuman dexterity. He rolls back ten feet in a graceful tumble before coming back, ending up on the opposite side of the creature from his companions, setting them up for a flank.

He lashes out at the creature with his fists, and they burst into flames as they spin through the air, and his blows are focused by the power of his Wolf Fang Strike.

Attack1: [roll0]
Damage1: [roll1] + [roll2] Fire

Attack2: [roll3]
Damage1: [roll4] + [roll5] Fire

Tumble DC 15: [roll6]

Wolf Fang Strike and Burning Blade.

Ricky S
2011-04-23, 01:14 AM
Faith runs towards the combat readying herself for whatever danger becomes apparent. Her robes glint in the torch light.

Initiative for the next round. [roll0]

She will cast Cure light wounds on Lupe when it is her action [roll1]

SemiteLock
2011-04-23, 11:17 AM
Successfully rolling away, and using your keen senses, the Shifter burns the creature out of the sky with her fire attacks, instantly slaying it.

chrisrawr
2011-04-23, 11:52 AM
Sven hadn't even noticed the fight, and it was already over. Guessing what'd happened from the torn-apart remains, he looked again at Lupe. And gulped. "Good, uh. Good job. Glad you're, uh, safe." He marked a chalk circle around the remains, with the words "Look out above" nearby.

Pushing away his giddiness (and a small amount of honest awe), he remarks to his companions, "Does anyone have a helm, and a cloak? We could attach them to the end of another pole, and push them through doorways - Anything waiting above the door might mistake it for one of us, especially if they were already waiting to pounce." He had the feeling that he'd be afraid of doorways for a long while after this.

RaggedAngel
2011-04-23, 12:23 PM
Lupe breathes heavily, and his shifted form seems pent up with deadly speed and energy. After a moment he closes his eyes, and the changes over his body recede. When he is looking normal again he opens his eyes. "Sorry about that, I just got startled. I'm fine. Just a bit jumpy." He begins slowly stretching and moving, re-preparing his maneuvers. He glances at Sven through half-closed eyes. "That's actually not a terrible idea. I have a cloak, if you want to use it. I doubt many rooms have things like that in them, but if we encounter another open doorway and empty-seeming room we'll try your trick out."

Drothmal
2011-04-25, 06:40 PM
Stay still while I ask Bahamut's powers to help speeding your recovery Allanor asks Lupe

Concentrating for a second, Allanor dismisses the previous aura that had accompanied the party, making the surrounding a bit duller again. Instead, a warm feeling starts flowing through everyone's bodies, filling them with energy and vigor, mending the worst wounds

(activates fast healing 1 up to 1/2 max HP. After Lupe has been healed, Allanor will switch back to the senses aura)

SemiteLock
2011-04-25, 10:51 PM
Moving on?

RaggedAngel
2011-04-25, 11:03 PM
(Did Lupe's concealment help him avoid that initial attack?)

After his shifting wears off, and he's ready to continue, he nods. "Let's go. I'm fine to stay in the front if you all are okay with it. I'm ready to use my techniques again, if we encounter something else"

Ricky S
2011-04-25, 11:58 PM
Faith nods towards the smoldering creature. Nice work killing that. I hope there aren't too many more lurking in these corridors. She holds her shield closer to her body as if afraid of a sudden attack. Thats fine by me, I'll bring up the rear. My armour should protect me from any attacks from behind.

SemiteLock
2011-04-26, 05:25 PM
Edit:
I rolled it and no it did not. Map is up.

In the next room, you can see another rat at the end of the hallway, that quickly disappears when Lupe appears in the door way. It is a feature less room, about the same size as the one you just left.

Allanor
Rolled listen checks.... No one hears anything except for our dragon shaman, who hears skittering and crawling along the ground... sounds like hundreds of them

Drothmal
2011-04-27, 02:14 PM
Allanor suddenly raises a his left hand in a fist, alerting his companions. He whispers urgently. Everyone, be prepared, I hear something approaching... Be ready to fight

Then Allanor raises his spear in the direction of the coming sound. Ready to attack

Readied action: Attack anything that is trying to sneak on us
Active Aura: Senses, after initiatives have been rolled, will switch to DR 1/magic

Everyone, you can read the spoiler for me now. That's what I'm trying to make Allanor convey, but I'm not sure I did it right

Semitelock
Would I associate the sound with an insect? The description made me think of a centipede or something, but maybe it's metagaming/me not understanding the description

SemiteLock
2011-04-27, 05:38 PM
Your statement i think makes it clear. And its rats which could be hard to distinguish, either way we all find out right about... meow

As you all are fully in the room, but before anyone can get close to the next door way, a large swarm of larger then normal rats appear in the door. Hundreds of the viscous creatures clawing and biting, heading towards your tasty looking group!

Initiatives:

Rats: 20
Allanor: 13
Sven: 2
Lupe: 11
Faith: 15
Will do the first round of combat when i can pull a map together.
Map
http://s1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd494/SemiteLock/WLD%202/Combat1.png

Everyone gets an AoO against the rats, I can roll these in the future if you all prefer that.

Drothmal
2011-04-27, 07:47 PM
Foul vermin! Allanor spats as he thrusts his spear at the rats

Male Neutral Good Dragonborn Dragon Shaman, Level 1, Init +5, HP 10/10, Speed 30ft.
AC 14, Touch 10, Flat-footed 14, Fort +3, Ref -3, Will +6, Base Attack Bonus 0
Longspear +3 (1d8+4, x3)
Spear +3 (1d8+4, x3)

[roll0]
[roll1]

I'm OK with Semite rolling for Allanor's AoO from now on

Ricky S
2011-04-27, 08:55 PM
Ahh! Disgusting animals. Faith springs into action and sweeps her morningstar with force through the throng of rats scurrying forward.

Can I attack the rats without moving? If not she will take a 5ft step to the left side of Lupe and then attack them. This is faith's action after the rats go first.

AoO [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Ricky S
2011-04-27, 09:07 PM
Confirm Critical
Damage [roll1]

RaggedAngel
2011-04-27, 11:39 PM
Male Chaotic Good Shifter Swordsage, Level 1, Init +5, HP 9/9, Speed 40ft.
AC 16, Touch 14, Flat-footed 12, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4, Base Attack Bonus 0
Leather Armor (+2 Armor, +4 Dex)
Abilities Str 13, Dex 19, Con 14, Int 11, Wis 15, Cha 11
Condition Child of Shadow (20% miss chance)

Lupe lashes out with his fist as the rats attack him, though he doesn't expect to hurt them much with the blow.

AoO: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
As soon as he readies himself he leaps, tumbling through the rats with power and speed to avoid rebuttal.
Tumble to avoid AoO's, DC 15: [roll2]

He then strikes at them with his fists once more, but this time they are covered in flame, the heat of the desert washing off of him. He swings them in time with each other, with the precision of a predator's fangs.

Wolf Fang Strike and Blazing Blade:
Attack One: [roll3]
Damage One: [roll4] + [roll5] Fire damage

Attack Two: [roll6]
Damage Two: [roll7] + [roll8] Fire damage

SemiteLock
2011-04-29, 06:34 PM
Waiting on chrisrawr... if he doesnt respond tonight can someone PM him for me? I need to get out of here and wont have internet tonight.

chrisrawr
2011-04-29, 08:55 PM
Whoah, how's it my turn already xD? I thought I was last 0_o Sven wouldn't be ready to make an AoO, if that's the case, but if it's actually his turn...

Sven, noting the number of rats, quickly flips open his backpack and grabs a container of lamp oil. Shouting out to the others, "Get back!" sloshing the oil over as many rats as he can, he begins to reach for a torch...

SemiteLock
2011-05-01, 10:28 PM
Sorry let me clarify something for AoO's and intiative orders and all that. I know WOTC says that if you act before someone else in the initiative they are considered flat footed, and subsequently can not make an AoO. I think this rule is silly in cases where both parties are in fact aware of each others presence. Surprise rounds still work, as well as say coming upon a group but both are surprised. In cases like this though, I dont apply the rule

They being to swarm all over, biting and clawing everyone that didnt have a chance to move

[roll0] damage to everyone I also am rolling fort saves: Allanor is the only one who saves. [roll1] day incubation period

Everyone except the dragon shaman feels a kind of cold feeling leaking into them.

Ricky S
2011-05-02, 05:18 AM
Faith shudders as many tiny teeth pierce her skin and a cold feeling sweeps across her. She struggles trying to kick and fling the rats away from her. Arrgh! Pelor damn these rodents! I dont know if we can handle these animals. There are so many of them!

I am already down to 4 hp. Anyone on a lower hp and needs a heal? I reckon we might have to run from these rats.

RaggedAngel
2011-05-02, 06:18 AM
Lupe snarls. "We need to end this quickly." He draws back his hand and strikes out with pure shadows swirling around him. He then rolls further down the tunnel, away from the rats.

Shadow Blade Technique:

1. [roll0]
2. [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]
If I take the lower roll, cold damage: [roll3]

Tumble DC 15: [roll4]

chrisrawr
2011-05-02, 11:51 AM
Sven shivers and stumbles back, but rallies at Lupe's words. "Agreed," he says, lighting a torch off his lantern. He tosses the torch into the seething pile of rats, trying for those he'd doused - though they were all so greasy and disgusting he wasn't sure which of them those had been.

5-foot step back, light torch and toss it. If I need to make a different kind of attack for this, I'll roll in the OOC thread, but I think that a ranged touch attack versus a 5 foot square should work (AC10 in most cases)
[roll0]

Drothmal
2011-05-02, 01:54 PM
Move to the sides! Flank it and attack!

Allanor will step to the side (trying to get to a flanking position with respect to Lupe or Faith, if possible) and attack the rats once again with his spear.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Even while attacking, Allanor's mind is busy concentrating into switching his aura, now using Bahamut's powers to harden the skin and armor of his allies (everyone gets DR 1/magic)

I did not include any flanking bonuses because I'm not sure if it's possible/if I could have done it due to the initiative order.

SemiteLock
2011-05-02, 06:49 PM
Its fine, not going to matter.

Your perseverance has paid off, finally killing enough of the rats that the rest disperse.

Drothmal
2011-05-02, 07:00 PM
Damn pests... Hold still friends while I provide us with some healing

Allanor will switch to the vigor aura, healing whoever is under 50% health back to 1/2 (unfortunately for me, I have exactly 5/10). He will then proceed to search the room

Let me know if I should roll for the search check. If the room looks interesting, we might want to take 20 while we heal/regroup ourselves

RaggedAngel
2011-05-02, 10:38 PM
(OOC- Remember that Lupe did not require a Cure Light Wounds earlier, so that's still prepared.)

"This is indeed disgusting. I thank you for the healing aura; it's a true blessing." He closes his eyes and quietly focuses his mind, and he moves his arms and hands through a slow series of motions for a few seconds, repreparing his maneuvers.

Ricky S
2011-05-02, 11:39 PM
Faith sighed heavily as she tried to wipe the grime from the rats away. She kneels down and says a silent prayer to Pelor before standing up again. Does anyone need a heal?

chrisrawr
2011-05-02, 11:41 PM
"I should be fi-" Sven manages to say, before fainting.

Drothmal
2011-05-03, 02:10 PM
Sven! Allanor runs towards his fallen companion, checking for vital signs

If Sven is not hurt, Allanor will suggest that we wait a few moments for the factotum to recover while the rest of the team search the room, always having someone guarding Sven and keeping an eye of any incoming threats (Allanor will volunteer for this)

If Sven does not wake up after a while (like 5'), Allanor will try shaking him (gently) to wake him up.

chrisrawr
2011-05-03, 04:25 PM
Sven wakes up shortly after being jostled, and sits patiently while Allanor administers his once-over. "Just a little over-excited what with the being covered in rats," he chuckles, "I need a bath something fierce, after that."

SemiteLock
2011-05-03, 05:42 PM
Gunna assume everyone will be wanting to move on, if not I will delete this post

The open door where some of the rats fled lead to another hallway, smallest one that you have seen so far. It extends west about 30 feet before turning north. The east side leads to another room, and one can see a body sitting up against the wall as well, but can not tell what it is without closer inspection.

Ricky S
2011-05-03, 06:59 PM
Faith channels the energy of Pelor into her hands and they start glowing with a soft white light. She places her hands on Sven lets energy transfer into him. This should help. I will save my more poweful spells for when one of us is in mortal danger.

After healing Sven she leads the way down the new corridor. She takes the east path and sees the body propped up on the wall. She moves slowly forward weary of any danger and she moves to inspect the body but doesnt touch it.

Cast cure minor wounds on Sven 1hp healed.

Spot check for the body.[roll0]

RaggedAngel
2011-05-03, 09:24 PM
Lupe advances forward, cautiously. He approaches the body, checking to make sure that the rest of them follow him. He keeps his maneuvers focused and ready, and then looks to the door, then back to Sven. "If you're fine, mind checking that for traps?"

chrisrawr
2011-05-03, 10:13 PM
Sven takes a minute to prod around the doorway, mentioning that he's feeling much better. He longs to inspect the body, a morbid curiosity that might get him killed, but which might also tell him more about the dangers that lay ahead.

Taking 10 on search check, then 20 if nothing happens, then tentatively poking my foot through the door, then announcing it safe, before promptly getting incinerated :3

RaggedAngel
2011-05-03, 10:18 PM
Lupe murmurs to Sven before the factotum actually puts his foot through the door. "Be careful. It may be better to let me or one of the others do that, if you think there are no traps. I'd rather me get hit than you."

chrisrawr
2011-05-03, 10:34 PM
"Call it a point of pride, friend - if there's no traps, and I say there's no traps, I get credit. If there's traps, and I say there's traps, I get credit. If there's no traps, and I say there's traps, and nothing happens, I can say "I disarmed them!" But, if there's traps, and I've said there's no traps... Well, then I'd rather bite the bullet than be wrong," he winks.

SemiteLock
2011-05-04, 09:37 PM
And... there are no noticeable traps. There are 2 other doors in this room both open, and the orc is stripped to the bone, a vicitm of the swarm you just dispersed. The doors are to the north and south

Ricky S
2011-05-05, 12:23 AM
Faith looks at the orc wondering if that is the same fate that lies in store for the orcs they passed at the beginning of the dungeon. She puts the thought out of her mind and heads through the north door.

SemiteLock
2011-05-05, 05:34 PM
The room appears to lead to 4 other rooms, all of which doors are open. One of the rooms has a foul odor coming from it, but nothing to the level that you have experienced before

Map updated

RaggedAngel
2011-05-05, 10:42 PM
Lupe glances around carefully. "Huh. I vote that we don't head toward the foul smelling room. I don't know about you all, but my senses are a bit shaper than a human's, and right now I'm regretting that."

chrisrawr
2011-05-07, 04:01 PM
Sven waves his trusty stick through the doors, prodding at what he can. If everything seems alright, he'll poke his head through and check the inside wall, for traps above the door. "Alright friends, if a spider drops onto my face, you've got permission to hit me as hard as you can in the interest of killing it."

Assuming nothing jumps him, Sven will begin poking around each room that doesn't kill him. *poke poke*

Ricky S
2011-05-08, 02:59 AM
Faith laughs If I hit you in the face with the intention of killing a spider I could kill you. How about we just pull it off instead. But Lupe you aren't wrong. I dont think there is anything to be gained from heading into the foul smelling room. I imagine there are just more bodies. A sight I dont want to see right now.

SemiteLock
2011-05-08, 01:27 PM
Assuming you started poking to the left Chris, and leave the foul doorway for last.

Your first door appears to be orc quarters, leading you to believe that this may have once been the creatures barracks. Nothing else is obvious in the room. The next room has the foul smell, so you skip that and head to the room on the far right side. This room is much like the first, but messier as if it had been rummaged through. Finally, the last one seems to have been picked clean. Your vision becomes quickly blurred however. You seem to recognize the spell as the one you saw before from those octopus creatures, too little to late as one attempts to attack you! It swings in but misses, fluttering around your head. Still surprised, a second appears and both attempt to latch onto your head. Possible delirious from an unknown source, both fail to connect.

Initiatives:

Octopi: 17
Sven: 5

chrisrawr
2011-05-08, 01:46 PM
Sven blinks in surprise, looks up, and shouts as he scrabbles back. "FACE HUGGERS WARUHAHWRAUHRGH! GET EM OFF GET EM OFF!" Swinging his pole wildly at the nearest one, he hopes to buy some time as he scrabbles back.

5 foot step back, alert everyone, improvised weapon attack
[roll0]

SemiteLock
2011-05-09, 09:30 PM
The other party hurry's to the racket, just in time to see your pole flail between the two creatures.

Initiative

Octopi: 17
Sven: 5
Lupe: 17 (before octopi)
Allanor: 23
Faith: 17 (last of the 17's)

ALLANORS TURN.

Map soon, the 2 creatures are floating around svens head just inside the room

Drothmal
2011-05-10, 01:29 AM
Allanor will rush to Sven's side, trying to catch the attention of one (if possible both) of the creatures. If there is room, he will place himself to block one of the creatures to get to Sven

Watch out! Allanor yells as he tries to pierce one of the creatures with his spear

[roll0]
[roll1]

As a swift action, Allanor will change to the DR 1/magic aura

RaggedAngel
2011-05-10, 06:56 PM
Lupe rolls into position, and he is subsumed by swirling shadows as he does so, partially concealing him from view. He lashes out with his fists, striking out at each of the beasts with one hand. As he spins his hands ignite into flames, which swirl around his strikes.

Child of Shadow stance active (20% miss chance to hit him)

Tumble to avoid AoO's, if required: [roll0]

Attack 1: [roll1]
Damage 1: [roll2] Bludgeoning + [roll3] Fire

Attack 2: [roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5] Bludgeoning + [roll6] Fire

SemiteLock
2011-05-10, 07:10 PM
All three of your attacks swing wildly through the air and shadows the creatures created, but none of them connect. The two abominations continue their swooping at the factotum, and both successfully slam into him, knocking him unconscious!

you take 11 damage Sven :S Does that put you at -4 or 5?

Ricky S
2011-05-10, 10:47 PM
Sven! No! Faith rushes to his side and channels the energy of her god into him.

chrisrawr
2011-05-11, 11:32 AM
((OOC: -4, but I got better.))

Coughing up a bit of leftover blood from where a rib must have stabbed him, Sven scrabbles backward through his allies before catching his breath, and getting to his feet. "This'll make for a fine story," he cracks a wry grin, "Sven, the brave warrior and fearless explorer, scrabbled backward through his allies, fleeing valiantly from the animated washcloths!"

Drothmal
2011-05-11, 04:37 PM
Once that Sven has moved out of peril, Allanor will move to block the creatures from pursuing him, once again attacking with his trusted spear

Male Neutral Good Dragonborn Dragon Shaman, Level 1, Init +5, HP 5/10, Speed 30ft.
AC 14, Touch 10, Flat-footed 14, Fort +3, Ref -3, Will +6, Base Attack Bonus 0
Longspear +3 (1d8+4, x3)
Spear +3 (1d8+4, x3)

[roll0]
[roll1]

RaggedAngel
2011-05-11, 10:51 PM
Lupe tumbles away from the spinning, floating beasts, and as he does so the shadows around him begin to swirl and twist with renewed vigor, cloaking him in shielding darkness. Once he reaches a suitable position he lashes out, and the shadows swirling around him twist and writhe, creating an illusionary fist beneath his real one. The twin attacks, one of flesh and one of shadow, strike one of the octopi at the same time.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]

Unarmed strike damage: [roll2]
Cold damage: [roll3]

I'll edit this to say if I pick the lower roll. If I do, add the cold damage. Otherwise I'll go with the higher roll.

Once he has attacked he leaps out out his position, shooting across the room in the blink of an eye, ending up in front of the wounded factotum. He grins and winks. "I'll protect you from these things if you keep up the trapfinding, Sven. I have your back. Or, in this case, your front."

Sudden Leap; I trave the result of my jump check:

[roll4]

chrisrawr
2011-05-12, 01:26 PM
"My hero," Sven returns with a wink.

SemiteLock
2011-05-12, 07:51 PM
Your first crashes into the foul creature, clearly injuring. They decide they do not like you, and begin to swoop at your head. You duck the first, but the second hit and attempts to latch on! After struggling, it succeeds and has attached itself to your face.

You can still attack it come your turn, but it has improved grab so no aoos. You take 7 damage.. does that put you under?

Editted for DR

Drothmal
2011-05-13, 12:47 PM
Wanting to help Lupe but afraid that his attack might hurt his companion, Allanor attacks the other octopus, trying to distract it away from the shifter

[roll0]
[roll1]

SemiteLock
2011-05-15, 05:14 PM
Your attack misses as well, sailing through the air as the octopus dodges.

They are flatfooted while grappling faces just fyi, but the caution is a good idea.

FAITHS TURN THEN SVEN

Ricky S
2011-05-16, 12:08 AM
Faith moves up to heal Lupe. Here Lupe. She says while healing him. Does anyone know what these beasts might be?

Cure Light wounds[roll0]

Edit: OMG max roll again!

RaggedAngel
2011-05-16, 12:35 AM
Lupe sighs with relief as his wounds vanish. "Gods above, thank you. I don't know exactly what they are, but I believe that we should work out a better way to enter rooms as soon as we've killed these two."

chrisrawr
2011-05-17, 02:08 AM
Sven finally manages to get his sword unbuckled, drawing it, in what he hopes is more of a flourish than a wobble, as he steps into a lunge, backed by years of experience... in play-fighting.
Move action draw, 5 foot step, attack the one that's taken damage already, spending an inspiration point to boost attack, and another to boost damage.
Intimidation(flourish) [roll0], Attack [roll1], Damage [roll2],

SemiteLock
2011-05-19, 06:18 PM
The octopi are getting tired of floating lupe :smallwink:

RaggedAngel
2011-05-19, 10:42 PM
Lupe tumbles and rolls ten feet to one side of the octopi, attempting to keep one of them away from him while still moving far enough to keep the swirling shadows around him moving and flowing. As soon as he slows down, you'll notice, they begin to fade. Once in place he lets loose a powerful swing, attempting to connect with the more injured of the beasts.

Tumble: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]

Ricky S
2011-05-20, 07:52 AM
Faith springs forward and unleashes a blow with all of her might.

[roll0][roll1]

chrisrawr
2011-05-20, 01:29 PM
"This isn't really getting us anywhere - does anyone have a better plan for taking these things down?" Sven asks through clenched teeth, as he steps opposite of Lupe, and sends another theatrical blow towards the creature.

Flanked, Inspiration point, [roll0], [roll1]

SemiteLock
2011-05-20, 07:24 PM
Your violent stick waving has scored a hit, knocking it out of the air! It lands solidly on the ground, and doesn't move. This only proves to infuriate the other one, causing it to swoop at you yet again! It slams into you, causing significant pain!

Which aura is active? It deals 8 damage

Drothmal
2011-05-21, 10:08 PM
If Sven has been knocked unconscious (again :smallamused:) I'll switch to the healing aura. If not, the DR stays

I don't know, but right now keeping our attack seems the best tactic!

If possible, Allanor will try charging the remaining octopus

[roll0] (+2 if it is possible to charge)
[roll1]

SemiteLock
2011-05-23, 06:19 PM
Charge not possible

Your attack swats the ocotopi, grievously injuring it! Blood shoots out from the cut you caused!

Back to the top being drothmal/allanor

RaggedAngel
2011-05-24, 11:01 PM
Lupe rolls forward, attempting to finish the beast with a powerful blow from his fist. As he springs forward the shadows around him continue to roil and shift, shielding him in case the octopus suvives his strike. His blow is extremely powerful, and he snarls a bit as he strikes, the remnants of his lupine shifting still evident in his face.

Tumble: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]

SemiteLock
2011-05-26, 11:10 PM
Your clawing strikes leave massive gouges, spurting its purple ichor everywhere, and it continues to leak the fluids as it convulses on the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YCN-a0NsNk

Heading back to a safe room to rest and heal seems prudent.

Drothmal
2011-05-27, 12:42 AM
Those things were very persistent... Sven, let me tend to those wounds Allanor once again concentrates and uses his powers to change his magical aura to the invigorating aura that will help mend his friend's wounds faster

Everyone back to up to 1/2 full health

I'd suggest that we fall back and recover our strength before we venture any further into this dungeon. For all we know, we've encountered but the weakest denizens that live here. Allanor thinks for a bit, then adds

In my opinion, we have 3 options. First is going back to the room with the orcs. if we trust them not to attack us when we sleep, there is strength in numbers, and it would seem that they have found a safe haven in that room. Our second option would be the L shaped room that we found. Last, we have the room right after the fire trap. It's not too big, but we could use that trap to defend us while we rest.

I would prefer the last option, anyone has a different idea? I'd also like to offer to take the first watch

If no one opposes, Allanor will head to the room after the fire trap (the one with fungi) and set up camp there

Ricky S
2011-05-27, 08:08 AM
Faith follows Allanor into the room. You can take first watch. I think here will be fine. Those orcs that we met earlier were kind of creepy so I dont want to go back and confront them Faith begins to set up her bedding for the night. Wake me up when it is my turn for watch. I don't mind when that is.

chrisrawr
2011-05-27, 01:06 PM
Sven wakes up, groggy. "Those things pack a punch! I thought I was a goner... Thanks, Allanor." He then passes out again.

Drothmal
2011-05-27, 01:15 PM
Of course, my frie... When Sven passes out, Allanor rushes to his friend's side. Realizing that nothing is wrong and he just fainted out of the excitement, he looks up to Lupe and asks

Is it your turn or mine to carry him this time? But despite the joke, Allanor will try to pick up Sven (and his over-sized sack how does he carry that?) and help him to the safe location decided by the group

chrisrawr
2011-05-27, 02:12 PM
((OOC: I drag the sack - it's waxed for easy dragging. As for passing out, I thought we were at the place where we're sleeping and taking watches xD I pass out there.))

SemiteLock
2011-06-02, 08:28 PM
After arriving at the location, and a brief rest, a violent violet light explosion illuminates the room. Out stumbles three creatures, a water orc, a human, and a fire elf dragonborn mix. It seems the townsfolk sent more then one group to stop the kobold menace. They are quite surprised, as are you, that there are other adventures in the dungeon, leading to an interesting conversation...

Again this one isnt for you chrisrawr, please proceed to the other threads :smallwink: