PDA

View Full Version : Advice on getting support in an online contest?

askandarion
2011-03-30, 12:17 AM
Hello playgrounders! I'm a longtime lurker on the forums, and I was hoping I could get some help trying to figure out some internet tactics. My fiancee and I are in an online contest, and one of the criteria in the competition is the amount of votes we get. We're working hard, but there's only so many real people we know with computers. I don't want to spam random sites, either- I saw one couple post their entry on reddit (joining just to post it, in fact). It was like watching a slaughterstone eviscerator go after a flumph.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this sort of thing, and could provide suggestions for us to get the word out there in a more meaningful manner than just spamming everywhere (not that it's not allowed in the rules, from what I can tell, it just feels weird doing that sort of thing). For example, my fiancee found a few sites that let people involved in competitions support each other. But since we've never done this sort of thing, I don't know what other tactics are available that we're overlooking. This is one of the few forums I frequent pretty much every day and feel comfortable with, despite hardly ever posting, so I wanted to ask the folks here- and hopefully get some more support to boot.

I've read the forum rules, and I don't think it's against them to post our contest link here, if people are curious or would like to support- if it is, I'll edit my comment to delete. Thank you very much for any suggestions!

http://www.ultimateweddingcontest.com/entry/128199