PDA

View Full Version : April Fools Ideas

Milo v3
2011-03-30, 12:49 AM
Exactly what it says on the Tin. Any Ideas for April Fools material you say the idea. And I'll try and make it.

Welknair
2011-03-30, 12:55 AM
So you're asking for ideas for something April-Fools themed for you to homebrew? I'd suggest making a PC-Proof NPC PrC, but I seem to have done that...

What about a sentient Bag of Holding that ate whatever you put inside and occasionally vomited it back up if you were lucky? Or perhaps a minor nuisance of a spell that causes boils to appear all over the body (Likely dealing 1d4 Cha damage or somesuch) with a Touch range such that it could be put in a potion? Bonus points if you can make it look like a Cure Potion. Perhaps a Bag of Tricks that summons nothing but skunks that spray the face of the puller? A monster that looks a lot like a big red button that chomps any finger that gets too close?

Perhaps you should be a bit more specific as to the type of idea you're looking for.

Milo v3
2011-03-30, 01:15 AM
So you're asking for ideas for something April-Fools themed for you to homebrew? I'd suggest making a PC-Proof NPC PrC, but I seem to have done that...

What about a sentient Bag of Holding that ate whatever you put inside and occasionally vomited it back up if you were lucky? Or perhaps a minor nuisance of a spell that causes boils to appear all over the body (Likely dealing 1d4 Cha damage or somesuch) with a Touch range such that it could be put in a potion? Bonus points if you can make it look like a Cure Potion. Perhaps a Bag of Tricks that summons nothing but skunks that spray the face of the puller? A monster that looks a lot like a big red button that chomps any finger that gets too close?

Perhaps you should be a bit more specific as to the type of idea you're looking for.

Bag of Gluttony
Acne's Taint (Appears like a Cure Moderate Wounds Potion)
Bag Of Smelly Tricksters
Chewed Button

Do these sound like good names?

Garwain
2011-03-30, 01:52 AM
So you need a device to trick the player into something they didn't expect. Hmm... difficult. A trap perhaps?

Milo v3
2011-03-30, 02:09 AM
So you need a device to trick the player into something they didn't expect. Hmm... difficult. A trap perhaps?

More of a Every april fools day I add some weird stuff to DND Wiki and I was hoping for insperation for what to add.

A trap thats weird and stupid would fit though.

Mayhem
2011-03-30, 02:25 AM
Psuedo-natural awakened penguin weretyrannosaur?

Milo v3
2011-03-30, 02:35 AM
Psuedo-natural awakened penguin weretyrannosaur?

You will have as soon as possible (note: any idea where I can get the Penguin stats though?).

Mayhem
2011-03-30, 04:23 AM
Frostburn, I can also post the stats if need be.

Milo v3
2011-03-30, 04:31 AM
I'll post all the ideas so far and their stats.

Mayhem: Probably best not to Post non-OGL material. But with the templates you can't be sure of the Creatures stats so I can put the final reature on but not the base creature or the templates. Note: The Final Creature will have the Templates though.

Welknair
2011-03-30, 08:11 AM
Bag of Gluttony
Acne's Taint (Appears like a Cure Moderate Wounds Potion)
Bag Of Smelly Tricksters
Chewed Button

Do these sound like good names?

All sound fine. Glad if those ideas can be of some use. :smallsmile:

Centric
2011-03-31, 12:21 AM
A ring that causes papercuts (esp. between the fingers)
Boomerang of No Return (The Doomerang!)
Folding Chair a la Moustrap

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes from Harry Potter could be a good source, if they haven't been done somewhere already.

Hope this is helpful!

Welknair
2011-03-31, 12:27 AM
Ooh, Useless Items are acceptable, right?

One of my favorites: The Ring of Feather Fall. When this ring falls more than 5ft, it is subject to Feather Fall. It confers no such boon to it's wearer. It is almost always found bloody, for some reason... (My group has one of these on a chain and have renamed it the "Hanging Ring"...)

Ring of Invisibility: This ring is invisible. Confers no such benefit to the wearer. Also quite difficult to find in the morning.

Tjarnet
2011-03-31, 12:35 AM
I have an idea:

After your party has killed whatever lies at the bottom of a dungeon, they come across the obligatory loot pile. But before they can get to it and divvy it up, it disappears because it was an illusion.

Ashtagon
2011-03-31, 12:45 AM
How about a cursed bag of holding that... you... just... can't... stop... holding.

Asheram
2011-03-31, 01:23 AM
How about a cursed bag of holding that... you... just... can't... stop... holding.

Cursed bag of hoarding? You do 'believe' that you have the space for it.

Milo v3
2011-03-31, 03:32 AM
I've created the Chew'd Button!!!!
Here it is. (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Chew%27d_Button_(3.5e_Creature))
How is it?
I would do the Penguin next but you can't add the Lycanthrope Template to non-giants or non-humanoids.

Critical
2011-03-31, 08:06 AM
I would do the Penguin next but you can't add the Lycanthrope Template to non-giants or non-humanoids.

You're the DM, you can forego the rules sometimes. :smallwink:

Welknair
2011-03-31, 08:06 AM
I've created the Chew'd Button!!!!
Here it is. (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Chew%27d_Button_(3.5e_Creature))
How is it?

Looks nice! Oh, and it should be "Intincts", not "Instints"

Thugorp
2011-03-31, 08:44 AM
How about a flumph monster progression? or a PrC based on FatChance from venture bors.

Also might I also suggest:

the Devining rod? Its a rod that can tell you what ever you want to know about water(but not where it is) and also that you look good(Devine).

also perhaps the Cactus-of-Nine-Tails

The Bong of holding

The Poorly-Dancing sword

An Awakened floor tile

and of corse Mr. Epicack's wonderful cure-all potion.

Oh, also, If anyone would actually like to use the stuff that is going to be made in this thread, I am runing an April Fools adventure via skype(there is a thread for it in the player recrutment subforum), you are all more than welcome to play and use this matierial. :-)

Draconi Redfir
2011-03-31, 01:45 PM
hmm...

Midget giant:smallbiggrin:

Thugorp
2011-03-31, 03:44 PM
hmm...

Midget giant:smallbiggrin:

That's a mijant

Lhurgyof
2011-03-31, 04:21 PM

I'm pretty sure that the bag of devouring already exists.

Mayhem
2011-03-31, 07:45 PM
Alright, here it is. The skills still need work though. The table also needs work, it came out horrible, oh well I'll fix it later.

Awakened half-farspawn Tyrannosaurus werepenguin
Outsider

{table="head; width=900"]Form | PENGUIN | Half-farspawn Tyrannosaurus | Amorphous form | Hybrid form
Size| Tiny | huge | huge | huge
Hit Dice: | 20d10+159 (269 hp) | 20d10+159 (269 hp) |20d10+159 (269 hp) |20d10+159 (269 hp)
Initiative| +1 | +3 | +3 | +1
Speed| 10 ft. (2 squares), swim 40 ft. | 40 ft. | 40 ft. | 40 ft., swim 40ft.
Armor Class| 16 (+2 size, +1 dex, +3 natural),[br] touch 13, flat-footed 12 |17 (-2 size, +2 dex, +7 natural),[br] touch 10, flat-footed 15 | 17 (-2 size, +2 dex, +7 natural),[br] touch 10, flat-footed 15 | 17 (-2 size, +2 dex, +7 natural),[br] touch 10, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +20/ +33 | +20/ +38 |+20/ +38 | +20/ +38
Attack| Bite +1 melee* (1d4+6) | Bite +20 melee (3d6+14) | Tentacle +20 melee (1d8+14) | Bite +20 melee (3d6+14)
Full Attack| Bite +1 melee* (1d4+6) | Bite +20 melee (3d6+14) and 2 tentacles +15 melee (1d8+7) | 4 tentacles +20 melee (1d8+14) | Bite +20 melee (3d6+14)[br] and 2 tentacles +15 melee (1d8+7)
Space/Reach| 2-1/2 ft./0 ft. | 15 ft./10 ft. | 15 ft./15 ft. | 15 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks | - | Improved grab, swallow whole, blur 3/day,[br] touch of idiocy, stinking cloud, blink 3/day,[br] greater invisibility, telekinesis,[br] ethereal jaunt 3/day, scintillating pattern,[br] summon monster IX*, implosion | Improved grab, swallow whole | Improved grab, swallow whole
Special Qualities| Hold breath, low-light vision,[br] darkvision 60ft, scent, DR 10/silver<br>, DR 10/magic, Blindsight 60 ft,[br] change shape(amorphous form, hybrid form[br], penguin form), immunity to poison,[br] resistance to acid 10,[br] resistance to electricity 10,[br] spell resistance 20, penguin empathy(Ex) | same without hold breath | same without hold breath | same without hold breath
Saves| Fort +20, Ref +13, Will +20 | Fort +20, Ref +14, Will +20 | Fort +20, Ref +14, Will +20 | Fort +20, Ref +13, Will +20
Abilities| Str 22, Dex 12, Con 21,[br] Int 10, Wis 17, Cha 12 | Str 30, Dex 14, Con 21,[br] Int 10, Wis 17, Cha 12 | Str 30, Dex 14, Con 21,[br] Int 10, Wis 17, Cha 12 | Str 30, Dex 14, Con 21,[br] Int 10, Wis 17, Cha 12
Skills| Listen +18, Spot +18, Swim +17 | - | - | -
Feats| Alertness, Improved Natural Attack (bite),[br] Run, Toughness (3), Track, endurance,[br] weapon finesseB, iron will | - | - | -
Environment| Cold aquatic | Warm plains | Warm plains | Cold plains
Organization| Flock (11–30) | Solitary, pair, family (3-4),[br] pack (6-10), or troupe (3-4 plus 11-30 penguins) | Solitary, pair, family (3-4),[br] pack (6-10), or troupe (3-4 plus 11-30 penguins) | Solitary, pair, family (3-4),<br> pack (6-10), or troupe (3-4 plus 11-30 penguins)
Challenge Rating| 12 | 12 | 12 | 12
Alignment| between chaotic evil and neutral good | - | - | -
Advancement| — | 19-36 HD (Huge);[br] 37-54 HD (Gargantuan) | — | —
Level Adjustment: — | — | — | —
[/table]
3/day: blur , blink, ethereal jaunt
1/day: touch of idiocy, stinking cloud, greater invisibility, telekinesis, scintillating pattern, summon monster IX*, implosion

A half-farspawn’s natural weapons are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction

Also, I find it incredibly difficult to believe that's a CR 12 beastie

PS. Merry april's fools, and a happy fiscal year.

begooler
2011-03-31, 07:50 PM
How about a Prestige Class specializing in the Locate City Bomb? (Gets the required metamagics as bonus feats, cheapens the cost of applying metamagics when using them on the spell Locate City, has a class feature to cast Silence on DM...)

Milo v3
2011-03-31, 10:17 PM
What happened to Pseudonatural Template, its turned into the Half-Farspawn?

Also, One of my friends has said that they want their new wizard character to be able to cast "Summon Potato" as a level one spell.

Summon Potato (Now you can use/abuse this spell to summon 5 Awakened Potato's at level 1)
School: Conjuration (Calling)
Level:Cleric 1, Druid 1, Sorcerer/Wizard 1
Casting Time:1 Standard Action
Duration: Instantaneous
Range: 10ft/caster level
Save: Reflex (Half-Damage)

The caster summons 5 potato's (It can be any type of potato) per caster level.
If the point of origin is above someones head each potato deals 1d4 damage-1. A successful reflex save halves the damage (Rounding Down).

Mayhem
2011-04-01, 12:11 AM
Heh yep, and the awakened and were creatures have been flipped. I figured a tentacled tyrannosaur werepenguin was more horrifying than a penguin weretyrannosaurus who could bcome an amorphous blob.

http://www.c-simmons.com/doodleblog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/cthulhusaurus_rex1.jpg

Realms of Chaos
2011-04-01, 07:47 PM
April fools day material, eh? :smallconfused:

I think I've got it. :smallamused:

The following feat is a flavorful and rather balanced way to include the spirit of April fools day into your campaign, even among those who normally optimize too much to care about stuff like this.

True Power
You have unlocked the true power of your metamagic feats.
Prerequisite: Any two metamagic feats, ability to prepare spells.
Benefit:When you prepare spells, you may select a number of metamagic feats that you possess up to your Intelligence modifier or class level (whichever is less). Using the chosen metamagic feats doesn't increase the spell levels of spells you prepare.
Special: April Fools.

GFawkes
2011-04-02, 12:22 AM
Looking through my Munchkin cards, I have several things I'd kinda like to see stats for. Here's a list and the in-game effects:

Bow of Grossly Unbalanced Combat
+3 bonus, can instantly run away

Buckler of Swashing
+2 bonus

The Conversation
This was originally an Level Up card. I'd like to know how much XP the Conversation is worth

Fire Arms
+3 bonus per empty hand

Hag of Bolding
One use +3 bonus

Human Shield
+3 Bonus

Paper Plate Mail
+1 Bonus

Random Axe of Kindness
+2 Bonus, can give a +3 bonus even especially if not asked, though this gives -1 to run away

Rapier of Unfairness
+3 Bonus, Elf only

Scary False Teeth
+1 bonus

Singing & Dancing Sword
+2 Bonus, Not usable by Thief

Sneaky Bastard Sword
+2 Bonus

Spiked Codpiece
+2 Bonus for Females, +4 Bonus for males

Three-Handed Sword
+10 Bonus, needs three hands

Additionally, here's a version of Summon Bigger Fish (http://www.darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0033.html) I've developed:

Summon Bigger Fish
Conjuration[Calling]
Wiz/Sor 3, Wtr 2, Drd 1, Rgr 3
Effect: A bigger fish is summoned
Casting Time: Standard Action
Focus: A fish within 50' of the caster
Range: Within 25' of the Focus (see above)
Save: Reflex Half

There's always a bigger fish

This spell summons an aquatic creature 75' in the air above the target area. The exact size is based on the size of the Focus Fish. Using the table below, one can determine how big of a fish can be summoned.

{table]Caster Level|Size Increase
1st-5th|+1 Category
6th-10th|+2 Categories
11th-15th|+3 Categories[/table]
And so forth

For Damage, calculate it as if the fish summoned had fallen 75 feet +Xd8 damage, with x being the size category (1 is Fine, 2 is Diminuitive, and so forth).

Any creature that has a natural swim speed and an intelligence score of 1 or 2 can be summoned with this spell. If a blue whale is summoned, a bowl of petunias is summoned over the caster's head, leaving them dazed for one round. The cause of this is unknown.

Sypher667
2011-04-02, 05:02 PM
As a huge fan of Darths and Droids, how about the "Summon Bigger Fish" spell?

It would appear that this has already been done, in the post above this. Oops. :smallredface:

Mutazoia
2011-04-03, 10:28 PM
Exactly what it says on the Tin. Any Ideas for April Fools material you say the idea. And I'll try and make it.

Ok lets try:

Fairy Fire spell: When cast all Fae with in the area of effect lose their jobs.
Incense of Illusions: When burned every think looks so GROOVY man. (will save or contract the munchies.)
Slippers of Slipping: -10 to dex and dex checks
The Coat of Arms: when worn the user gains 2D10 extra arms (all with a 1D4 strength) from random locations on their body.
Deck of Annoyance: A regular playing deck with 51 cards.
and for a bit of the adult humor:
the **** Ring: Turns the wearer into a rooster

DracoDei
2011-04-04, 08:15 AM
Regarding The Conversation, I think there was a card in the Deck of Many Things that advanced you to half-way through the next level.

Thugorp
2011-04-04, 09:21 AM
I very much like the coat of arms, I would love to use it... I don't supose anyone would like to flesh that out some?(or give me permission to do so).

sengmeng
2011-04-04, 10:01 AM
Gold Golem: monster's loot pile comes to life, attacks party, absorbs their gold into its mass, flees.

Or use the idea in my signature to start a campaign.

DracoDei
2011-04-04, 12:58 PM
Gold Golem: monster's loot pile comes to life, attacks party, absorbs their gold into its mass, flees.
There are almost cetrainly stats for that on these boards, and it certainly has been done more than once acerross the internet/splat-books.

Or use the idea in my signature to start a campaign.
And how exactly is that humorous/silly?

sengmeng
2011-04-04, 02:54 PM
There are almost cetrainly stats for that on these boards, and it certainly has been done more than once acerross the internet/splat-books.

Link/example?

also, humor can't be explained. If you don't think a splash fight in the River Lethe is funny, then you don't think it's funny.

Milo v3
2011-04-04, 04:46 PM
Coin golem (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Coin_Golem_(3.5e_Creature))
Note: I don't think it's finished. I didn't make it.

Mutazoia
2011-04-04, 05:50 PM
I very much like the coat of arms, I would love to use it... I don't supose anyone would like to flesh that out some?(or give me permission to do so).

Go for it :)

Thugorp
2011-04-04, 06:24 PM
Awsome thankyou. :-)

Mutazoia
2011-04-04, 10:34 PM

Almost forgot...actually used this. PC sauntered into a tavern. Being the stereotypical tough guy adventurer he immediately ordered a bottle Dwarven Spirits. He uncorked it and a 1D6 Dwarf Wraith's spewed out and proceeded to gnaw on his psyche.

And then there's the ever (un)popular bottle of Rot Gut: Fort. save or contract Mummy rot.

DracoDei
2011-04-05, 11:54 PM
Link/example?

also, humor can't be explained. If you don't think a splash fight in the River Lethe is funny, then you don't think it's funny.

Ah! A splash fight would be funny... the boat having turned over and you getting it upright, despite lack of memories and climbing back in was approximately the scenario I had in mind, which isn't particularly silly.