PDA

View Full Version : Arena Tournament, Round 103: Lunaticus vs. Mountie

ArenaManager
2011-03-30, 01:28 AM
Arena Tournament, Round 103: Lunaticus vs. Mountie

Map:http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab330/ArenaManager/Arenas/07-candles.png
The outer Arena walls for this map are 30 ft high, with a Climb DC of 30.

XP Award: 300 XP
GP Award: 300 GP

Lunaticus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=281599) - TheFallenOne
Mountie (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=273639) - candycorn

All Combatants, please roll initiative and declare final purchases, if any. Remember that this is a single elimination Endurance tournament; all damage and effects carry over, with one hour between matches.

candycorn
2011-03-30, 01:44 AM
Init: [roll0]

...Great. I was really hoping to not face you until second or third. Lunaticus is tough as nails.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-30, 01:47 AM
so they do meet right away

Initiative [roll0]

I think I'll go with

50 loaded slings - 0,5 GP
self-crafted heavy wooden shield - 3,5 GP
lance - 10 GP
a club - free

that's all except reactionary

edit: well, he isn't named The Wall That Rides for nothing. Blame Psidog and Vollmond, I thought I had a perfectly good tank with SPARTA Cuss and they've proven it just wasn't enough

not Candycorn
damn, completely forgot I didn't buy a lightsource yet and she has darkvision... Let's hope she won't notice my screwup and decline purchases

candycorn
2011-03-30, 02:00 AM
No reactionaries to the above purchases. You may begin.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-30, 02:03 AM
hah, you got me. I completely forgot I removed some sunrods before submitting the character and now I don't have a lightsource on Candles against a character with darkvision :smallbiggrin: should think things through better when posting in the morning

candycorn
2011-03-30, 02:04 AM
If you'd like, I can be sporting and buy a lightsource and some other stuff. After all, I may have darkvision, but my mount doesn't.

EDIT: And yes, I was all typing out my purchases, and looking at your lance, and then your vision, to determine your charge range, and I had to do a triple check to make sure you couldn't make light somehow.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-30, 02:09 AM
your call what to do with your purchases. When I noticed my mistake I hoped you'd buy, well, anything so I can reactionary buy a sunrod or lantern. And if you not buy anything, well, I guess blindly stumpling through an Arena with arrows raining on you out of nowhere will feel like buisness as usual for a depraved mind like Lunaticus

candycorn
2011-03-30, 02:10 AM
In that case:

Sunrod, and 3 Acid flasks (40gp).

As much as your character makes me shiver, I want a match, not target practice.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-30, 02:16 AM
would've been hilarious in a certain way though. But also very dragged out likely and I don't want to break any length records(again)

2 sunrods - 2 4 GP
10 pints of oil - 1 GP
bullseye lantern - 12 GP

candycorn
2011-03-30, 02:20 AM
Miscounted above. The above purchase is only 32gp (sunrods are 2gp, not 10gp).

I'll add in another Acid Flask.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-30, 02:25 AM
I'll read up on some mounted combat stuff before starting just to avoid more unnecessary mistakes

I intend to let Furball I carry a lit sunrod in his mouth. Not sure if that's acceptable by Arena rules, feel free to challenge it

candycorn
2011-03-30, 02:31 AM
I've seen people hold greatswords between their teeth. I don't think that a sunrod in a mount's mouth is anything crazy. Seems like a logical extension of PC's being able to. I don't intend to challenge that.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-30, 03:47 AM
ah, I've been really sloppy here... Can't actually afford all those purchases, thought I had more money left. I'll have to sell my banded mail for 125 GP and craft myself a chainmail instead for 75 GP. That leaves me with 19 GP. I assume a reduction of my AC won't change anything for you?

oh, and I think congratulations are in order on your High Reffage

candycorn
2011-03-30, 04:13 AM
Thanks! I actually set up Round 103. My first "high" act, as it were. I figured I'd keep it low key, only pull out the title when it's needed. I've come to realize that it's mostly just more work, lol.

And I'm happy with the purchase fix. No reactions.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-30, 04:41 AM
yeah well, they can't give the High Referees extra loot or things like that obviously :smalltongue: sure, it's more work(or more work one can do) but we need some people to keep this running smoothly

I think Furballs carrying capacity is 299(strength 20, large quadruped), so he can carry me and all my gear as light load. On that assumption

start mounted, armor and shield equipped, wielding lance. Lit bullseye lantern pointing at you in teeth
lit sunrod in Furballs mouth

Refs
second sunrod in my pockets also lighted. Rageclaws shaped with 1 Essentia in it

candycorn
2011-03-30, 04:53 AM
399, actually. :)

Start mounted, armor worn, Two acid flasks in hand, using mount for cover. Sunrod is lit, and in Benny's mouth.

Starting Square: B10.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-30, 04:56 AM
thought right number, typed wrong one

Hm, start with mount as cover... Well, nonaction and you autosucceed on the DC 15, so looks right enough

anyway, you got the wrong starting zone

candycorn
2011-03-30, 05:04 AM
Y10, then. :)

TheFallenOne
2011-03-30, 05:16 AM
Maneuver rolls
Top down, in order

Crusaders Strike
Vanguard Strike
Stone Bones
Douse the Flames
Leading the Attack
[roll0] [roll1]

so, is there any rule that says I can't attack after my mount took a Run action? :smallconfused: I'd be quite surprised if you overlooked that possibility so I better make sure it's legal

candycorn
2011-03-30, 05:18 AM
Ranged attacks are explicitly allowed during run actions, so I can't imagine melee would be different. It's why I started in Y10, rather than Z10.

Of course you won't get the benefits of a charge, but such is life.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-30, 05:24 AM
withdraw action into the Z line to avoid AoO I assume

anyway, I'm waiting on question posted in Waiting Room. Could be quite a hard nut

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 01:30 AM
alright, onwards with the action

Lunaticus, The Wall That Rides Turn 1

Furball I runs to W10/X11
Can't find anything preventing you from using Mounted Combat when flatfooted, otherwise tripping Benny would've been interesting

Guide with Knees: autosucceed
Free: drop lantern in W12, centered W12/X13, pointing northeast
Free: lance to mouth
Move: draw club
Standard: use Stone Bones on Mountie. On the assumption I count as 'in contact with the ground' for the purpose of Stone Dragon maneuvers since I share my mounts squares. If not, Douse the Flames instead(for all the good that would do)
[roll0] vs. FF AC
[roll1]
Free: club to teeth, lance to hand

done

Stats
HP 13/13
AC 18, 11, 17
Delayed Damage Pool 0/5
Stone Bones
Douse the Flames

candycorn
2011-03-31, 02:29 AM
10 Misses. And lance, eh? Interesting. Well, mount ran, so it can't make AoO's... And you're wielding only a reach weapon, so you can't make AoO's near you...

Provided neither you nor your mount are currently able to make AoO's into adjacent squares:

Swift Dismount Attempt: Ride: [roll0] vs DC 20 (into Y11)

If Successful, Ranged touch attack (Throw Acid): [roll1] vs your mount (AC 9).
If successful: [roll2] acid damage to your mount, and you, I, and my mount each take 1 damage.

Swift Mount attempt: [roll3] vs DC 20

If Not successful:Swift Mount Attempt: [roll4]vs DC 20

In either case, after remounting:

Cover Riding (DC 15, Autosuccess).
Mount Double Move: North, provoking an AoO as it leaves Y8, entering Y7. I do not, as I have cover.

If you attack, I intend to use mounted combat only if your attack hits Benny's AC.

Final position depends on result of current turn and AoO.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 03:20 AM
Pity I only got an idea how I could've prevented this while shopping

hm, no mount AoO because of running... Run says I lose dex to AC. I assume your assessment is based on "A flat-footed character loses his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) and cannot make attacks of opportunity." Are the two actually synonymous? That would have certain implications

You also cannot use an immediate action if you are flat-footed.

Meaning you can't use immediates if you're grappling, for example.
(not being able to use Moment of Perfect Mind when grappling might actually become relevant for some builds on mine, so I better know what RAW is on this)

candycorn
2011-03-31, 03:40 AM
Actually, I think I got total defense and run mixed up. Flat-Footed and (lose dex to AC) are not equal.

Amend Turn: No Attack, no dismount. Cover riding, guide with knees. Animal Withdraws to Z9 > Z7 (partial).

Remainder of movement after resolving AoO vs my mount.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 04:02 AM
That's good. I actually don't care that much about the AoO and more about the implications for Sturmherz. Grappling casters/manifesters has been a matchwinner two times(one of them a Round Final), losing that option when the enemy has Color Spray and similar would be a bummer

AoO
[roll0] +1 high ground
[roll1]

wow, that might actually work *collects firewood for impromptu offering to the RNG*

candycorn
2011-03-31, 04:15 AM
Ride Counter: [roll0]

And there is no firewood. That reminds me of something to buy for RNG offerings in the future.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 04:20 AM
well, that one makes up for missing your FF AC quite easily.

I have noticed that the probability of unlikely successes rises when making offerings to the RNG or invoking Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. True story

candycorn
2011-03-31, 04:52 AM
Well, that's.... less than good. First an unlikely initiative loss, then a very unlikely ride check loss. Seems like the RNG is showing me every bit as much love as I've come to expect from it. Should've left you blind, methinks. Sigh.

Continue Movement out of LOS to the north.

Remainder of Turn:Continue to R7.
Move: Draw longbow.
Shift an acid flask to mouth.
Standard: Total defense.

Sunrod emanating from R7/S8.
Standard: Ready action: Dismount if I am attacked.

You should see bright light emanating into... M8
N9 through P9
N10 through O10

and shadowy light from I-8 through L8
K9 through M9
H10 through M10
I-11 through L11

In addition, Q9-S9 blocks are lit, as is S7 and S8 blocks.

And yes, I'm well and truly boned, I think. But I have an idea, so here's hoping...

Done.

Stats:Location: R7, Ready Action.

HP (me,my mount): 11/11, 3/13
AC (me,my mount): 22 (FF 17, Touch 20), 16 (14, 12)
Gear: Longbow (hand 1), Acid Flask x2 (hand 2)
Mount Gear: Sunrod(lit) -Mouth
Temp Effects: Curse of the RNG 1/??

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 05:16 AM
Maneuver roll
Crusaders Strike
Vanguard Strike
Leading the Attack

[roll0]

OK, that narrows it down good. To light up those six the source has to be in Q-R 6-8 or P8 far as I can see. The illuminated squares narrow it further down

Lunaticus Turn 2

mount partial double moves to O8/P9. I expect I should get LoS on you somewhere

also, you'll have trouble matching the frustration I felt at my swim checks here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166761). That one was painful

candycorn
2011-03-31, 05:33 AM
I'm mounted in R7.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 05:36 AM
change in held items? Are you currently using your mount as cover?

candycorn
2011-03-31, 05:44 AM
I was when I left, so still yes. And I have my bow in hand now, also.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 05:57 AM
hm... let's try something

Squeezing

In some cases, you may have to squeeze into or through an area that isn’t as wide as the space you take up. You can squeeze through or into a space that is at least half as wide as your normal space. Each move into or through a narrow space counts as if it were 2 squares, and while squeezed in a narrow space you take a -4 penalty on attack rolls and a -4 penalty to AC.

When a Large creature (which normally takes up four squares) squeezes into a space that’s one square wide, the creature’s miniature figure occupies two squares, centered on the line between the two squares. For a bigger creature, center the creature likewise in the area it squeezes into.

A creature can squeeze past an opponent while moving but it can’t end its movement in an occupied square.

To squeeze through or into a space less than half your space’s width, you must use the Escape Artist skill. You can’t attack while using Escape Artist to squeeze through or into a narrow space, you take a -4 penalty to AC, and you lose any Dexterity bonus to AC.

I think by that it is possible for Furball to reach and end movement in Q7-8.

If no
Fast Dismount attempt [roll0] into R6
on failed check, dismount as move action

will revise if there is a rules flaw with that

... if I knew I'd roll a 17 I'd have just attacked

candycorn
2011-03-31, 06:29 AM
Everything seems legal so far... Next?

Oh, and 14 was the minimum for the success on that roll. I do believe you provoke an AoO for that dismount, though.

candycorn
2011-03-31, 06:31 AM
AoO (Benny the Burro): Decide whether you're using your immediate action, then open:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 06:37 AM
no immediate
both Furball and Lunaticus provoke on the movement. With no rules on how the mount decides who to attack I'll let the rider decide

lance to mouth
club to hand
Disarm attempt on Mounties bow
[roll0] +4 size
if success
Free: drop lance
Move: pick up bow. Bow to mouth, club in hand

Stats
HP 13/13
AC 18, 11, 17
Delayed Damage Pool 0/5
Stone Bones
Douse the Flames
Crusaders Strike

candycorn
2011-03-31, 06:44 AM
Bow Attack Roll: [roll0] (-4 not melee, +4 two-handed weapon)

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 06:46 AM
hm... Pity. Your turn

corrected stats
HP 13/13
AC 18, 11, 17
Delayed Damage Pool 5/5
Stone Bones
Douse the Flames
Crusaders Strike

candycorn
2011-03-31, 07:01 AM
Did the mount attack hit you? It was AC 18 for 5 damage.

Mount Attack Lunaticus: Decide on Immediate Action:Attack:[roll0] for [roll1]

Guide with knees, Cover Riding (autosuccess)
Swift Dismount: [roll2] DC 20 (No AoO, as I have cover from the square I'm leaving)
Dismount into R8.

Remainder of turn pending Lunaticus decision and Swift Dismount result.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 07:06 AM
18 hit, yes

this time I will take the Immediate for DR 5

Brings up a question though

Attack (DC 20): The animal attacks apparent enemies. You may point to a particular creature that you wish the animal to attack, and it will comply if able.

I don't think I can give it instructions when confused, so how do we determine whom Furball attacks? Do I have some control, randomize it?

candycorn
2011-03-31, 07:24 AM
I'd say continue with the last person it attacked, personally. But random works too.

Crit confirm for the mount: [roll0] for [roll1] additional

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 07:27 AM
random then, on the assumption that Mountie takes an attack action. Right now Benny is the more obvious enemy since he actually attacked me

also, I'd like the address of the breeder you got Benny from. Fierce little bugger

candycorn
2011-03-31, 07:33 AM
Continue turn.

Swift Mount: [roll0]
If Swift mount succeeds:Draw Acid Flask
Rearrange gear: Acid flask in one hand, All other gear in the other.
Ready Action:throw Acid when Lunaticus Attacks

Done.

Stats:Location: R7, Ready Action.

HP (me,my mount): 11/11, 3/13
AC (me,my mount): 22 (FF 17, Touch 20), 16 (14, 12)
Gear: Acid Flask (hand 1), Longbow, Acid Flask x2 (hand 2)
Mount Gear: Sunrod(lit) -Mouth

It should be noted, for posterity: In post 29, I accidentally made an illegal action. I took total defense, then readied an action. I don't think it had any impact (ready action not taken, total defense was irrelevant due to disarm attack), but I'm noting it because I just caught it.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 07:40 AM
if you took two standard actions and none of them did change anything I see no problem. A rewind would force you to choose one of both, the impact of which would be... well, nothing. So nevermind

[roll0] 1 is Mountie, 2 Benny. He'll keep attacking the same target unless instructed otherwise or selected target moves away and alternate target is closer

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 07:48 AM
maneuver roll
Vanguard Strike
Leading the Attack
[roll0]

Pity, would've preferred ganging up on Benny
also, I'm an idiot for forgetting Martial Spirit

Lunaticus, The Wall That Rides Blocks Your Way Out Turn 3

Furball attacks Mountie
[roll1] -4 squeezing
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
note: I think the stats on my sheet are wrong. Attack is noted as +6, but should be +7 I think(2 BAB for 3 Animal HD, 5 strength)

Lunaticus automatically attacks Benny because Benny attacked him
Crusaders Strike
[roll5] +1 Furious Counterstrike
[roll6] same
Healing on hit [roll7]

done

Stats
HP 8/13
AC 18, 11, 17
Delayed Damage Pool 0/5
Stone Bones
Douse the Flames
Crusaders Strike

candycorn
2011-03-31, 07:58 AM
You're forgetting the penalty for being large on your mount.

All attacks miss, but your mount gets another.

Ready action triggered when you announce attack on my mount.

Ranged touch attack: [roll0] for [roll1] acid damage. In the event this hits, both I and my mount take 1 damage, as does your mount.

Lunaticus does not get an AoO, as he is confused, and (until the attack is completed, at least), he is not devoted to attacking me.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 08:03 AM
oh, right that

That makes attack 2 a 18 though, how did that miss? Your sheet shows AC 18, you're not using your mount as cover as is evident from the readied attack and your lack of declaring you after remounting

AoO
[roll0]
[roll1]

candycorn
2011-03-31, 08:06 AM
Oh, that was 2 attacks. Attack 2 hits. Forego Ranged attack.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 08:10 AM
That is then all to my turn

By the way, why did you stop playing at the Neverending Dungeon? Just curious

candycorn
2011-03-31, 08:16 AM
On Neverending Dungeon:Frustration, mostly. My characters kept dying to the same stuff, and when I went back after quitting to look at the issues, I found characters that were ran very similar to mine, but didn't have half the little "surprises" come up. I just got tired of waiting 2 months for an update, only to have that update be, "killed ya again". I don't care for the oversight. It's very inconsistent, and the challenges favor enemies with 1 shot kills.

It just... Stopped being fun.

My Turn:

Cover Riding (nonaction).

Benny: Attack your mount.

Attack:[roll0] vs FF AC -4.

candycorn
2011-03-31, 08:20 AM
Followup: [roll0]

candycorn
2011-03-31, 08:24 AM
Sweet niblets, my mount is far more effective than I.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 08:27 AM
NED
that sounds... nasty. I'll have to take a look at it. Yes, many encounters are intended to be kinda unfair, but I haven't noticed gross inconsistency yet. May be because of different DMs

O.o
nasty little beast. Is that end of turn? I assume Mountie won't do much due to being disabled

btw the FF is only when using Escape Artist for squeezing, so I think that doesn't confirm

candycorn
2011-03-31, 08:32 AM
NED:No, it's little things. There's a hallway in level 2 with poison spores. A character back in the beginning used warlock pew pew beams to shoot them down, and it was fine.

I tried, same DM, and I got this weird, expanding gas mechanic. It just seemed like the DM was trying to make his dungeon kill people, and changing the rules was fair game. At that point, it's not an optimization challenge, and it's just a DM self-gratification fest. Not interested.

And yes, I'm done. And yes, you're right, no confirm.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 08:43 AM
NED
If I'm not completely off it's actually in the DM notes that attacking the fungi causes poisonous spores to errupt. Maybe it was an honest mistake with the former player and noticed before you did it.

From those threads I read my impression is actually that most DMs let the players get away way too easily with some stuff. It's intended to be hard(and yes, even occasionally unfair, but not inconsistent. If that happened it was a screwup), pity it didn't turn out as fun for you

Lunaticus Turn 4

Free: point at Benny, instructing Furball to attack him

Furball attacks
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

need result on this and potential use of Mounted Combat before deciding on Lunaticus' action

candycorn
2011-03-31, 08:57 AM
While you are mounted, directing your mount to attack is a valid and good part of the ride skill.

While you are not, I believe it is a Handle Animal check.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 09:01 AM
"Attack (DC 20): The animal attacks apparent enemies. You may point to a particular creature that you wish the animal to attack, and it will comply if able."

Hm... Well, that seems to take a Handle Animal check after all
[roll0] DC 12 since damage taken

candycorn
2011-03-31, 09:06 AM
Ride Check: [roll0] to negate hit.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 09:11 AM
Swift: Martial Spirit stance
Standard: Vanguard Strike on Benny
[roll0]
[roll1]

done

Stats
HP 8/13
AC 18, 11, 17
Delayed Damage Pool 0/5

Furball I
HP 20/25
AC 18, 16, 11. -4 squeezing

candycorn
2011-03-31, 09:18 AM
Autosucceed on Soft Fall.

Looks like this one's not in the cards for me, so let's make you work for it.

Attack: Acid: [roll0] on you.
Damage: [roll1] Acid.
If threat: [roll2]
If Crit: [roll3]

At damage resolution, I go unconscious from acid damage.
After action, I take 1 more damage, going to -2.
If this hits, your mount takes 1 as well.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 09:27 AM
what, you throw away 10 GP just to give me 3 damage as parting gift? Come on that's mean :smallbiggrin: pity Crusaders Strike requires you to be a threat, otherwise I'd have a certain retort to field against your unconscious body

I can though avoid this with a hitting AoO
Lunaticus [roll0]
[roll1] and 2 healing with Martial Spirit

Furball [roll2]
[roll3]

Well, anyway, nice game. I freely admit that luck was on my side(Bennys Wolverine mode notwithstanding).

candycorn
2011-03-31, 10:03 AM
That'll do it before the Acid.

And this is a character with no wins and losses. Spending 10gp would just result in a suspiciously-similar-yet-10-gp-richer-twin being created.

On the other hand, I wouldn't feel right not throwing my best out, especially since damage carries over.

But luck notwithstanding, I can't fault your tactics. That was a beautiful move with the dismount trap.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 10:07 AM
Fair and logical enough. Endurance Rounds can be a bummer, no second chance after a loss

with two Martial Spirit hits, I'm left with 1 damage on Lunaticus and 5 damage on Furball I. Fighting that dwarfen crusader could be plenty interesting if he wins his match...

Thanks. At that point I think the match was pretty much done when you were boxed in. Didn't notice the deathtrap until I thought about how to avoid squeezing penalties on my attack

Sallera
2011-03-31, 10:51 AM
High Ref Sallera

Lunaticus takes victory through violation of personal space.

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 11:14 AM
I will buy

a sheep - 2 GP
half a ton worth of firewood - 1 GP

One might call it a senseless waste of money, but don't let it be said I'm not a man of my word

candycorn
2011-03-31, 12:21 PM
I will buy

a sheep - 2 GP
half a ton worth of firewood - 1 GP

One might call it a senseless waste of money, but don't let it be said I'm not a man of my word

Just make sure the sheep is a burny-sacrifice, and not performance art... :smallbiggrin:

Where are sheep, anyway? I would love to have a character use a sheep for a mount!

TheFallenOne
2011-03-31, 09:24 PM
The price? PHB I p. 112. Easy to overlook since it's under trade goods.
The stats? Nowhere that I'm currently aware of unfortunately. Which is a pity, I'd bet a Magebred Ox would be quite a beast for his 30 GP price.

darkillini
2011-04-05, 01:15 AM
So i just noticed this that may hurt lunaticus's invulverablity. deformity madness makes you immune to all mind affecting spells and abilities. However your shape soulmeld rageclaws is a mind affecting ability, so technically lunaticus cann't gain the effect of rage claws, though taking the feat is not blocked by restrictions.

TheFallenOne
2011-04-05, 07:14 AM
wha... Why the hell is that mind-affecting? :smallannoyed: Bloodtalons isn't and has the same base effect, strange... I need to take a closer look at the transparency rules, maybe there's a way out of this. Otherwise I'll have to retire Lunaticus after this Round and resubmit with Bloodtalons

candycorn
2011-04-05, 07:15 AM
wha... Why the hell is that mind-affecting? :smallannoyed: Bloodtalons isn't and has the same base effect, strange... I need to take a closer look at the transparency rules, maybe there's a way out of this. Otherwise I'll have to retire Lunaticus after this Round and resubmit with Bloodtalons

If you gain a level, you can always retrain it.

I'm guessing Rageclaws gets you really pissed... Like boars.

TheFallenOne
2011-04-05, 07:19 AM
yeah, but only one thing and I also planned on switching a Trait so I can selfcraft a fullplate. Skill Shards won't work I think because of the time limit, maybe I find something else to boost Craft

I'm guessing Rageclaws gets you really pissed... Like boars.

it certainly does right now

candycorn
2011-04-05, 08:36 AM
it certainly does right now

I'm sorry, but that's absolutely hilarious.

TheFallenOne
2011-04-05, 08:54 AM
I'm also sorry, but I now decided that Lunaticus will use Mounties corpse to blow off some steam :smallamused:

eh, maybe I can get around it

immune to all mind-affecting spells and abilities

Incarnum and Spells, p. 52, makes clear that Soulmelds are not spells, though there is a transperancy between Soulmelds and spells, spell-like abilities and magic items(but only between these, feats, supernatural effects etc aren't included). Unless there is a part that says that a Soulmelds effect on you is an ability I might be in luck

candycorn
2011-04-05, 09:00 AM
That's... a bit of a long shot, but good luck.

SHAPE SOULMELD
You gain the ability to shape a single soulmeld.

If an ability has the descriptors associated with it (casting an evil spell is an evil action, etc etc), then choosing to shape the meld would be a mind affecting ability.

TheFallenOne
2011-04-05, 10:36 AM
well, if he wins the Round I think I won't need retirement after all. I planned on going Incarnate, I'll be able to make the fullplate craft check by shaping Lucky Dice. Course, now I have to go through 2 more matches with half as many HP as expected

candycorn
2011-04-05, 10:42 AM
It's alright. I'm sending you a PM.