PDA

View Full Version : What would this guys Challange Rating be?

Sims
2011-03-30, 12:13 PM
Before you read this, just know that I was really bored in my work base learning course and had alot of free time.

That being said, as absurd as the stats you are about to read are, they aren't as bad as a Neutonium Golem, so keep that in mind.

Stats:

Name: Sir Pwnage
Creature type: "Intelligent" Construct (Gargantuan Size)
HD: 300d10+60 (Maxed out: 3060)
Stats: Str 106, Dex 25, Con -, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 10
Initiative: 5 + 8 (superior initiative feat) = (13)
Speed: 60ft (can move as agile as a living person)
Fly Speed: 200ft (Perfect)
AC: 160 (10 + Armor(18) + Shield(14) -4(Size) + 1 (Dex) + 24(Deflect) + 91 (Natural) + 6(Misc.)
Flat Footed: 159
Touch: 37
BAB: 225
Grapple: 293 (Str(48) + Size(16 due to bracers of Relentless Might) + Misc(4)
Special Qualitities: Construct Traits, Fast Healing 35, DR 93/- Energy Resistance Fire, Cold, Shock, Acid 100, Sonic 80, Eye Rays
Saves: Fort 95, Reflex 102, Will 96
Skills: Didnt think they were important, and couldn't find anything on what is typical.
Organization: Usually accomponied with Sir Smash-a-lot, who is identical, except he uses a Warhammer instead, and is white. (Sometimes I am inside and will come out, sort of like a Gundam. My stats are in my sig XP)

Feats: Improved Initiative, Martial Weapon Proficiency (Great Axe), Weapon Focus (Great Axe), Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Power Critical (Great Axe), Improved Critical (Great Axe), Monkey Grip, Oversized Weapon, Improved Sunder, Improved Bullrush, Improved Overrun, Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple, Stunning Fist (75/day), Overwhelming Critical (Great Axe), Devastating Critical (Great Axe), Superior Initiative, Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Improved Disarm, Snatch, Awesome Blow, Improved Natural Attack (Slam deals 16d8+48), Shield Proficiency, Tower Shield Proficiency, Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor Proficiency, Simple Weapon Prof. (Morningstar), Martial Weapon Prof. (Longbow), Exotic Weapon Prof. (Spiked Chain), Closed Mind, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack, Improved Whirlwind Attack, Addtional Magic Item Space (Bracers, Necklace, Belt, Rings), Blind Fight, Dire Charge, Improved Darkvision(x3), Improved Lowlight Vision (x4), Knock-Down, Combat Reflexes, Hold the Line, Damage Reduction (admittedly cheesed) x28, Investigator, Knock-Back, Great Dexterity (x12), Great Strength (x9), Energy Resistance (Fire, Shock, Ice, Acid) x10 each, Energy Resistance Sonic (x8), Quicken spell-like Ability (Holy Smite, and Dimensional Anchor), Penetrate Damage Reduction (Cold Iron, Silver, +1, Adamantine, Epic, Mythril), Martial Weapon Prof. (Greatsword), Weapon Focus (Greatsword), Improved Critical (Greatsword), Two-Weapon Fighting Tree, Oversized Two Weapon Fighting, Quick Draw.

Sir Pwnages Epic "Intelligent" Armor
+10 (Adamantine)
Heavy Fortification (unnecesary, I know)
Slick
Greater Shadow, Greater Silent Moves
Negating
Chaotic Good Aligned
~Speech and Telepathy
~Grants Uncanny Dodge
~Grants Evasion
~Dedicated Power: Waves of Exhaustion

Sir Pwnages Epic "Intelligent" Shield
+10 (Adamantine) Tower Shield
Infinite Arrow Deflection
Exceptional Arrow Deflection
Great Reflection
Animated
Lawful Good Aligned
~Speech and Telepathy
~Detect Evil
~Detect Magic
~Can cast Lightning Bolt
~Can cast Meteor Swarm
~Can cast Sunburst
~Dedicated Power- Ice Storm

Sir Pwnages "Intelligent" Great Axe (Sir Slasher)
+30
Evil Outsider Dread
Chaotic Outsider Dread
Lawful Outsider Dread
Holy Power
Axiomatic Power
Ghost Touch
Vorpal
Adamantine
Speed
Everdancing
Neutral Good Aligned
~Speech and Telepathy
~10 Ranks in Survival
~Greater Shout
~10 Ranks in Knowledge Abyss

Even though he is a Construct, his Magic Items work normally for him.

Spell-like Abilities- At Will- Holy Smite, Destruction, Dimensional Anchor, Sunburst, and Wall of Force. Casts as a 20th level Cleric.

Eye Rays: (1 every 8 rounds he can fire a particular energy type. Sort of like a Retriever as it is a free action that turn)
10d6 Fire + 40d6 Disentegrate + 2d6 Holy (Reflex DC: 160 Half)
10d6 Cold + 40d6 Disentegrate + 2d6 Holy
10d6 Shock + 40d6 Disentegrate + 2d6 Holy
2d6 Energy Drain (Fort DC: 161 to Negate)

Cape Grants Flyspeed: 200ft Perfect, and Functions as a Constant Globe of Invulnerability.

Gore- 3d6+48

Full Attack: (Colossal GreatAxe) +303/+303/+298/+293/+288 (Will Often use Power Attack) 8d6+72 19-20 x3 Critical

EDIT:
Scenario 1: Has Magic Immunity as a Golem
Scenario 2: Does not have Magic Immunity as a Golem

grimbold
2011-03-30, 12:32 PM
this... seems ridiculous
the highest CR i know of is the Elder Titan who has a CR of 70
this seems a tad weaker
so i would place it at CR 60 or so

Sims
2011-03-30, 12:46 PM
I dunno, I think that Shield of Great Reflection should shoot him up another few, seeing as it Reflects back all spells.

I'd say alone, his CR is: 90
With Sir Smash-a-lot: it Doubles
With me: It doubles
With Me AND Sir Smash-a-lot: It could possibly Triple.

grimbold
2011-03-30, 01:28 PM
spell reflection doesnt give the tarrasque a huge bonus anyway this guy would only have like ~900 hp
a 9th level spell can take him down

Sims
2011-03-30, 02:09 PM
spell reflection doesnt give the tarrasque a huge bonus anyway this guy would only have like ~900 hp
a 9th level spell can take him down

Constructs are Immune to Magic, and his HP in terms of Average, would be 1560. Buddy, did you even read this? Or just replied to the wrong thread on accident?

Great Reflection
Any time its bearer of this shield is targeted with a spell, it automatically reflects the spell back at the caster (as the spell turning spell). The wearer can lower or raise this effect as a free action (thus allowing beneficial spells in as desired).

Doc Roc
2011-03-30, 02:40 PM
I can probably kill it with an L20 wizard. At epic levels, CR is meaningless, it's just another yardstick by which you measure the net idiocy involved. I might need some PrCs.

Also, constructs are not natively immune to magic. That's a special property of golems.

Cog
2011-03-30, 02:45 PM
Constructs are Immune to Magic, and his HP in terms of Average, would be 1560. Buddy, did you even read this? Or just replied to the wrong thread on accident?
The construct type does not do what you think it does. And your Spell Reflection mechanic calls out targeted spells only, so rays, area effects, and the like would still be fair game.

Sims
2011-03-30, 02:49 PM
The construct type does not do what you think it does. And your Spell Reflection mechanic calls out targeted spells only, so rays, area effects, and the like would still be fair game.

Well, the shield reflects rays too, but the AoE spells might still work. Its true about the CR thing being messed up. A Level anything Fighter would dread this, but a level 20 Wizard shouldn't have as much a problem.

Doc Roc
2011-03-30, 02:49 PM

And orbs. My delicious beloved orbs.

Nohwl
2011-03-30, 02:52 PM
can't you just gate it to the positive energy plane and wait for it to explode?

Sims
2011-03-30, 02:54 PM
And orbs. My delicious beloved orbs.

Screw it, Im giving him Magic Immunity, or at least a scenario with it.

Alleine
2011-03-30, 02:55 PM
can't you just gate it to the positive energy plane and wait for it to explode?

I believe construct traits actually negate that. It just gains a stradily increasing supply of HP.

SurlySeraph
2011-03-30, 03:07 PM
Great Reflection can be bypassed by effect spells, area spells, touch-range spells, and supernatural abilities.
What kind of action does it take to fire the eye rays? Can he fire them all at once?
Why did you take so many feats for weapons that he doesn't use?

Also, I'd go with a 9th-level Halfling Cleric with Martial Study (Emerald Razor), Quicken Spell, Divine Metamagic (Quicken), Yondalla's Sense (a feat that lets Halflings add their Wis bonus to Initiative), the Time domain, the Portal domain, and a Mace of Smiting (which he can't actually afford until 12th level, but everything else is easy to get by 9th).
He casts Sign, a spell from the SpC that gives him +4 initiative. Time domain gives him Improved Initiative already, so he can easily equal +13 initiative.
Before the fight, he casts Surge of Fortune (from Complete Champion) and True Strike (from the Time domain).
When he sees Sir Pwnage, he casts Quickened Dimension Door (from the Portal domain) as a swift action to teleport adjacent to Sir Pwnage, and uses his standard action to hit him with the mace using Emerald Razor.
Emerald Razor lets you make an attack as a touch attack. Surge of Fortune lets you automatically count on attack as a natural 20, including getting a critical hit. So even with a +0 attack bonus, he gets at least 40 on a touch attack, which hits Sir Pwnage and kills him with no save, because that's what critical hits with a Mace of Smiting do.
And magic immunity doesn't stop that, either.

Sims
2011-03-30, 03:14 PM
Great Reflection can be bypassed by effect spells, area spells, touch-range spells, and supernatural abilities.
What kind of action does it take to fire the eye rays? Can he fire them all at once?
Why did you take so many feats for weapons that he doesn't use?

Also, I'd go with a 9th-level Halfling Cleric with Martial Study (Emerald Razor), Quicken Spell, Divine Metamagic (Quicken), Yondalla's Sense (a feat that lets Halflings add their Wis bonus to Initiative), the Time domain, the Portal domain, and a Mace of Smiting (which he can't actually afford until 12th level, but everything else is easy to get by 9th).
He casts Sign, a spell from the SpC that gives him +4 initiative. Time domain gives him Improved Initiative already, so he can easily equal +13 initiative.
Before the fight, he casts Surge of Fortune before the fight and True Strike (from the Time domain).
When he sirs Sir Pwnage, he casts Quickened Dimension Door (from the Portal domain) as a swift action to teleport adjacent to Sir Pwnage, and uses his standard action to hit him with the mace using Emerald Razor.
Emerald Razor lets you make an attack as a touch attack. Surge of Fortune lets you automatically count on attack as a natural 20, including getting a critical hit. So even with a +0 attack bonus, he gets at least 40 on a touch attack, which hits Sir Pwnage and kills him with no save, because that's what critical hits with a Mace of Smiting do.
And magic immunity doesn't stop that, either.

Wouldnt his Heavy fortification Armor stop that? Also, hes got the Martial Weapon Prificiency Feat for his Great Axe.

If your plan works, then awesome haha now i know what to do against uber Golems. If its doesn,t then Sir Pwnage litterally tears him in half.

Oh yeah, and his eye rays are a free action on his turn.

SurlySeraph
2011-03-30, 03:18 PM
Since constructs are normally immune to critical hits anyway, and yet the Mace of Smiting works on them, I don't think having immunity from another source will help. I may be wrong, though. If so, first I'd have to cast... it's called Incarnate Construct or Living Construct or something like that, it makes constructs subject to critical hits. It wouldn't work if he was immune to spells, unless I went into Dweomerkeeper to make it a supernatural ability instead of a spell.

Cog
2011-03-30, 04:58 PM
Well, the shield reflects rays too, but the AoE spells might still work. Its true about the CR thing being messed up. A Level anything Fighter would dread this, but a level 20 Wizard shouldn't have as much a problem.
Rays are Effect spells, not Target spells, so that doesn't come from the Spell Turning ability. If you're referring to the Exceptional Arrow Deflection ability, there's a one in twenty chance of that failing by default, and is only usable when the wielder is aware of the attack and not flatfooted. Without ranks in Sense Motive to oppose bluffs, Spot to oppose hiding, True Seeing, Blindsight, or any other such abilities, that's going to be relatively easy to pull off.

Sims
2011-03-30, 05:07 PM
Rays are Effect spells, not Target spells, so that doesn't come from the Spell Turning ability. If you're referring to the Exceptional Arrow Deflection ability, there's a one in twenty chance of that failing by default, and is only usable when the wielder is aware of the attack and not flatfooted. Without ranks in Sense Motive to oppose bluffs, Spot to oppose hiding, True Seeing, Blindsight, or any other such abilities, that's going to be relatively easy to pull off.

His intelligent Armor grants him Uncanny Dodge, as a 5th level Barbarian. Wouldn't that make it harder?

Cog
2011-03-30, 05:16 PM
His intelligent Armor grants him Uncanny Dodge, as a 5th level Barbarian. Wouldn't that make it harder?
5th level Barbarians get Improved Uncanny Dodge. Regular Uncanny Dodge comes at second level, and is unaffected by class level. It doesn't matter which you meant, though; neither of them make you aware of an attack you weren't already aware of. The basic version doesn't actually make you not flatfooted, and the improved version is about flanking and not the other sources of surprise attacks.

Sims
2011-03-30, 05:22 PM
5th level Barbarians get Improved Uncanny Dodge. Regular Uncanny Dodge comes at second level, and is unaffected by class level. It doesn't matter which you meant, though; neither of them make you aware of an attack you weren't already aware of. The basic version doesn't actually make you not flatfooted, and the improved version is about flanking and not the other sources of surprise attacks.

Ah yes haha the ole' element of surprise. I like that! I did some calculations, and I know he'd have 900 skill points, but I don't think he could use any of them since I don't know what constructs get (if anything at all. Yeah, probably nothing.)