PDA

View Full Version : Diving Rule <3.5>

Tokuhara
2011-03-30, 02:08 PM
This is an odd question, so I have to explain why I'm asking:

Friday, I'll be playing what will become a Fighter/Stormtalon who dual-wields halfspears and uses his talons, divebombs, ad deals ludocris damage with one rush (around 200 and change). I thought of adding Dungeoncrasher in tandem with this rediculousness, but I haven't been able to find the rules anywhere.

So here's the question: Can you divebomb and bullrush in this instance to strike with all 4 weapons?

Keld Denar
2011-03-30, 02:12 PM
Normally, no. Bullrush is a standard action, or a full round action if performed at the apex of a charge. Its not an attack action like tripping or disarming is, and thus can't be combined with a full attack.

That said, there are a few ways to trigger a bullrush as part of an attack. Knockback and Large and In Charge both do this, but require being large+, so that might not be an option. The 3rd is the Brutal Surge weapon enchantment, MIC IIRC. It only functions 3/day though, and uses your swift action, but it works. You could have each of your weapons with one, and possibly a Necklace of Natural Attacks for each of your talons that also contain it, which would give you up to 12 uses per day. That'll be pricy, but you don't have to get all 4 at once.

Tokuhara
2011-03-30, 02:18 PM
Normally, no. Bullrush is a standard action, or a full round action if performed at the apex of a charge. Its not an attack action like tripping or disarming is, and thus can't be combined with a full attack.

That said, there are a few ways to trigger a bullrush as part of an attack. Knockback and Large and In Charge both do this, but require being large+, so that might not be an option. The 3rd is the Brutal Surge weapon enchantment, MIC IIRC. It only functions 3/day though, and uses your swift action, but it works. You could have each of your weapons with one, and possibly a Necklace of Natural Attacks for each of your talons that also contain it, which would give you up to 12 uses per day. That'll be pricy, but you don't have to get all 4 at once.

Okay. I wasn't sure on the rules for it. If I brutal surged my spears, I'd use Dungeoncrasher and my Divebomber tactic to do LOTS of damage (I think...)

Keld Denar
2011-03-30, 02:37 PM
Yes, in theory, assuming you hit, and all that jazz.

You'd also need some way to make a full attack as part of a charge, like Pounce, and that would generally preclude the use of Fly-By Attack for you to fly up out of striking range after the attack.