PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Challenge Rating 90?

Sims
2011-03-30, 02:20 PM
Before you read this, just know that I was really bored in my work base learning course and had alot of free time.

That being said, as absurd as the stats you are about to read are, they aren't as bad as a Neutonium Golem, so keep that in mind.

I made this in another section, but well.....i dunno.

Stats:

Name: Sir Pwnage
Creature type: "Intelligent" Construct (Gargantuan Size)
HD: 300d10+60 (Maxed out: 3060)
Stats: Str 106, Dex 25, Con -, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 10
Initiative: 5 + 8 (superior initiative feat) = (13)
Speed: 60ft (can move as agile as a living person)
Fly Speed: 200ft (Perfect)
AC: 160 (10 + Armor(18) + Shield(14) -4(Size) + 1 (Dex) + 24(Deflect) + 91 (Natural) + 6(Misc.)
Flat Footed: 159
Touch: 37
BAB: 225
Grapple: 293 (Str(48) + Size(16 due to bracers of Relentless Might) + Misc(4)
Special Qualitities: Construct Traits, Fast Healing 35, DR 93/- Energy Resistance Fire, Cold, Shock, Acid 100, Sonic 80, Eye Rays
Saves: Fort 95, Reflex 102, Will 96
Skills: Didnt think they were important, and couldn't find anything on what is typical.
Organization: Usually accomponied with Sir Smash-a-lot, who is identical, except he uses a Warhammer instead, and is white. (Sometimes I am inside and will come out, sort of like a Gundam. My stats are in my sig XP)

Feats: Improved Initiative, Martial Weapon Proficiency (Great Axe), Weapon Focus (Great Axe), Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Power Critical (Great Axe), Improved Critical (Great Axe), Monkey Grip, Oversized Weapon, Improved Sunder, Improved Bullrush, Improved Overrun, Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple, Stunning Fist (75/day), Overwhelming Critical (Great Axe), Devastating Critical (Great Axe), Superior Initiative, Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Improved Disarm, Snatch, Awesome Blow, Improved Natural Attack (Slam deals 16d8+48), Shield Proficiency, Tower Shield Proficiency, Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor Proficiency, Simple Weapon Prof. (Morningstar), Martial Weapon Prof. (Longbow), Exotic Weapon Prof. (Spiked Chain), Closed Mind, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack, Improved Whirlwind Attack, Addtional Magic Item Space (Bracers, Necklace, Belt, Rings), Blind Fight, Dire Charge, Improved Darkvision(x3), Improved Lowlight Vision (x4), Knock-Down, Combat Reflexes, Hold the Line, Damage Reduction (admittedly cheesed) x28, Investigator, Knock-Back, Great Dexterity (x12), Great Strength (x9), Energy Resistance (Fire, Shock, Ice, Acid) x10 each, Energy Resistance Sonic (x8), Quicken spell-like Ability (Holy Smite, and Dimensional Anchor), Penetrate Damage Reduction (Cold Iron, Silver, +1, Adamantine, Epic, Mythril), Martial Weapon Prof. (Greatsword), Weapon Focus (Greatsword), Improved Critical (Greatsword), Two-Weapon Fighting Tree, Oversized Two Weapon Fighting, Quick Draw.

Sir Pwnages Epic "Intelligent" Armor
+10 (Adamantine)
Heavy Fortification (unnecesary, I know)
Slick
Greater Shadow, Greater Silent Moves
Negating
Chaotic Good Aligned
~Speech and Telepathy
~Grants Uncanny Dodge
~Grants Evasion
~Dedicated Power: Waves of Exhaustion

Sir Pwnages Epic "Intelligent" Shield
+10 (Adamantine) Tower Shield
Infinite Arrow Deflection
Exceptional Arrow Deflection
Great Reflection
Animated
Lawful Good Aligned
~Speech and Telepathy
~Detect Evil
~Detect Magic
~Can cast Lightning Bolt
~Can cast Meteor Swarm
~Can cast Sunburst
~Dedicated Power- Ice Storm

Sir Pwnages "Intelligent" Great Axe (Sir Slasher)
+30
Evil Outsider Dread
Chaotic Outsider Dread
Lawful Outsider Dread
Holy Power
Axiomatic Power
Ghost Touch
Vorpal
Adamantine
Speed
Everdancing
Neutral Good Aligned
~Speech and Telepathy
~10 Ranks in Survival
~Greater Shout
~10 Ranks in Knowledge Abyss

Even though he is a Construct, his Magic Items work normally for him.

Spell-like Abilities- At Will- Holy Smite, Destruction, Dimensional Anchor, Sunburst, and Wall of Force. Casts as a 20th level Cleric.

Eye Rays: (1 every 8 rounds he can fire a particular energy type. Sort of like a Retriever as it is a free action that turn)
10d6 Fire + 40d6 Disentegrate + 2d6 Holy (Reflex DC: 160 Half)
10d6 Cold + 40d6 Disentegrate + 2d6 Holy
10d6 Shock + 40d6 Disentegrate + 2d6 Holy
2d6 Energy Drain (Fort DC: 161 to Negate)

Cape Grants Flyspeed: 200ft Perfect, and Functions as a Constant Globe of Invulnerability.

Gore- 3d6+48

Full Attack: (Colossal GreatAxe) +303/+303/+298/+293/+288 (Will Often use Power Attack) 8d6+72 19-20 x3 Critical

Is CR 90 accurate?

Sacrieur
2011-03-30, 02:27 PM
There's no easy way to tell. Since the creators of D&D threw everything together willy-nilly, high level can really have some /serious/ issues. Let me be the first to say that epic level is already INCREDIBLY broken.

A level 90 fighter would get smashed by this thing.

A level 90 wizard would obliterate it with a look.

---

This whole thing makes the CR system really broken, because classes are all at different tiers. And the higher level you are, the bigger the difference gets.

Sims
2011-03-30, 02:35 PM
There's no easy way to tell. Since the creators of D&D threw everything together willy-nilly, high level can really have some /serious/ issues. Let me be the first to say that epic level is already INCREDIBLY broken.

A level 90 fighter would get smashed by this thing.

A level 90 wizard would obliterate it with a look.

---

This whole thing makes the CR system really broken, because classes are all at different tiers. And the higher level you are, the bigger the difference gets.

Excellent point. I shouldn't forget about Epic Spells. but who would seriously be a Fighter for 90 levels? XP

But I do agree, the CR system isn't right. MAybe they should make seperate ones. Like Spellcaster CR and Melee CR.

The Glyphstone
2011-03-30, 02:49 PM
Not even Epic spells...a Mailman build could defeat this guy at level 20, let alone 90.

CR just breaks down entirely post-Epic, because the fragile math that D&D clings to through its first 20 levels completely falls apart through Epic attack/save bonuses, absurd WBL making everyone a wizard, and of course Epic Spells.

tonberrian
2011-03-30, 03:09 PM
A staff of Intensified Maw of Chaos at CL 40 "only" costs 4.5 million gp and deals 480 damage/round for 40 rounds. That's only 8 castings to kill this in one round. Maw of Chaos is not a targetted spell, so it isn't reflected, nor does it deal energy damage . A staff of Intensified Time Stop at CL 31 "only" costs 3.72 million gp, which gives us 8 rounds to drain the Maw of Chaos staff and 2 to sip lemonade.

This is well within a level 40 character's budget, and there's not a thing this can do about it.

Sims
2011-03-30, 03:29 PM
A staff of Intensified Maw of Chaos at CL 40 "only" costs 4.5 million gp and deals 480 damage/round for 40 rounds. That's only 8 castings to kill this in one round. Maw of Chaos is not a targetted spell, so it isn't reflected, nor does it deal energy damage . A staff of Intensified Time Stop at CL 31 "only" costs 3.72 million gp, which gives us 8 rounds to drain the Maw of Chaos staff and 2 to sip lemonade.

This is well within a level 40 character's budget, and there's not a thing this can do about it.

That does explain why I have seen some pretty absurd creature far stronger than this guy. but its safe to say his CR is little past 20.

The Glyphstone
2011-03-30, 03:35 PM
Basically, his CR is :Plot. as is anything past 30 or so.