PDA

View Full Version : Infernal Charm Halp (Exalted 2e)

golentan
2011-03-30, 02:31 PM
So as my questions in the general exalted thread have gone largely ignored and unanswered, I'm reposting some important questions I've got for a fiend I'm working up ATM.

1. What are the limits on Eldritch Secrets Mastery? Consensus from what I've seen seems to imply it can disguise an anima banner, but not negate it (which is how I read the thing) but can it
1a. change the iconic display image as well as the "color?"
1b.Can it change the visual effects of some obvious charms? (I.E. can I blind myself and use Witness to Darkness, but have the "primordial essence seepage" look like blood or solar essence or the like)?
1c. Can it disguise attuned artifacts as well as mundane clothing?

2.Puissance Mimicry Intuition. I know it can only be activated when Nemesis Self is up, and the duration is "Until Calibration"

What I'm wondering is whether the two interact. If I Mimic someone's charms and then decide I'm sick of being their nemesis, do I still know their charms until next calibration as long as PMI remains committed?

3. Nemesis Self.
3a. Do intimacies gained revert/fall off when motivation does at the end of the charm?
3a. Pt. II Can I make them do so deliberately?
3b. Would this combine with Intolerable Burning Truths and Bitter Heart unbleeding the way I think I think it might?
3c. Can I nemesis myself (long story, don't ask)? What would that look like?

Xefas
2011-04-09, 03:38 PM
1. What are the limits on Eldritch Secrets Mastery? Consensus from what I've seen seems to imply it can disguise an anima banner, but not negate it (which is how I read the thing) but can it

This is a pretty open ended question. What are its limits? Well, to quote the charm, "...this charm ensues that the Infernal's magical traits appear to be whatever he wants them to be."

So, if it is:
1) A magical trait
2) The Infernal's
3) Something the Infernal wants to look different

...then he can change it. It can even disguise things so ephemeral and fundamental to one's nature as being a Creature of Darkness.

1a. change the iconic display image as well as the "color?"

Yes.

1b.Can it change the visual effects of some obvious charms? (I.E. can I blind myself and use Witness to Darkness, but have the "primordial essence seepage" look like blood or solar essence or the like)?

Yes.

1c. Can it disguise attuned artifacts as well as mundane clothing?

This is not a magical trait of the Infernal's. So no.

2.Puissance Mimicry Intuition. I know it can only be activated when Nemesis Self is up, and the duration is "Until Calibration"

What I'm wondering is whether the two interact. If I Mimic someone's charms and then decide I'm sick of being their nemesis, do I still know their charms until next calibration as long as PMI remains committed?

There is nothing in the charm text that says you couldn't. So yes.

3. Nemesis Self.
3a. Do intimacies gained revert/fall off when motivation does at the end of the charm?

No.

3a. Pt. II Can I make them do so deliberately?

You need to get rid of them in the normal fashion. Though note that you cannot even do that to the Intimacy of hate towards your target until the charm itself ends.

3b. Would this combine with Intolerable Burning Truths and Bitter Heart unbleeding the way I think I think it might?

You'll have to elaborate.

3c. Can I nemesis myself (long story, don't ask)? What would that look like?

If:
1) You are a living being
2) You can perceive yourself

Then yes.

golentan
2011-04-10, 12:59 AM
Answers! Much as I thought, muchas gracias. Confirmation is important!

Xefas
2011-04-10, 01:30 AM
I'm just sorry it took so long. I guess I missed it the first and second times around, but whilst I was doing an unrelated search, I found this thread languishing on the dreaded second page. So...well, I hope you haven't needed these answers for the last two weeks. :smalltongue:

Also, I very much like the idea of becoming one's own Nemesis. It reminds me of a certain episode in the first season of Code Geass, and even more of a significantly large portion of Death Note.

I've also had this idea (I dunno if it actually works, so if someone more knowledgeable reads this, please clarify) of a Fiend crafter using Black Mirror Shintai on one of his combat-focused teammates to become a brawler on the days when he's not crafting. And then using Enemy of All to swap his teammate's corrupted motivation with the corrupted motivation of one of the coven's enemies, so that the two of them can still work together.

golentan
2011-04-10, 02:28 AM
Yeah. The way I was envisioning Nemesis Self + Intolerable Burning Truths + Bitter Heart Unbleeding is (whenever meeting an enemy) using Nemesis Self to add them as a negative intimacy, rapidly wracking up a DV/Soak which can be boosted into the high dozens (or maybe hundreds over the course of a long campaign) since Intolerable Burning Truths allows negative intimacies to not count against the intimacy cap or "fall off."

I don't think that that would work, though. Wouldn't he still have the "spiteful hate" intimacy towards his teammate? And wouldn't "I will go out of my way to spite you because I hate you so much it effects game mechanics" interfere with the working relationship even if their motivations weren't unmatched?

Xefas
2011-04-10, 03:22 AM
I don't think that that would work, though. Wouldn't he still have the "spiteful hate" intimacy towards his teammate? And wouldn't "I will go out of my way to spite you because I hate you so much it effects game mechanics" interfere with the working relationship even if their motivations weren't unmatched?

Hmmm...very true. Still a kink to work out, I guess.