PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone figured out a Strategy to kill Neutronium Golems?

Sims
2011-03-30, 03:54 PM
I'll listen to any strategy on this one. They are insane.

kaiserthe3rd
2011-03-30, 04:19 PM
There's been a few threads about this and yeah people have found multiple ways to kill them. Not as hard as one would think. Here's a Link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159082&highlight=Neutronium+Golems)

SurlySeraph
2011-03-30, 08:48 PM
You know what's great about enemies that move at the speed of light? They still have to take move actions like everybody else. And this one only has 10 feet of reach. I'm thinking a Warblade-based Ruby Knight Vindicator with Evasive Reflexes, Rapid Counter, and that practice dummy that lets you make 10-foot five-foot-steps. Keep Thicket of Blades up for AoOs whenever it comes for you. Whenever it tries to get up to you, you use your AoO to step out of its reach, then smack it with Rapid Counter. Due to being a Windicator, you can get all the swift actions you want, so recovering your maneuvers and using a counter every round isn't a problem. And you just keep stepping away and beat the silly thing to death.Character limit

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-03-30, 09:01 PM
Swordsage with a focus in Setting Sun also does surprisingly well here. Baffling Defense + Shifting Defense makes for an all mighty nasty combination. Manticore Parry is also a very fun way to make it hit itself. Repeatedly.

Eldan
2011-03-31, 04:28 AM
I think we actually came to the conclusion that a wizard shouldn't have a hard time locking it up somewhere, preferably some pocket plane.

TroubleBrewing
2011-03-31, 08:09 AM
For the last time.

Big numbers do not mean it is hard to kill.

They really don't.

Sure, it's nice to have damage in the millions, but everything has weaknesses. There is no such thing as "unkillable" in D&D.

No such thing.

Worira
2011-03-31, 01:21 PM
Alternately you could not play with them because they're a stupid gimmick monster designed purely as an act of "hurr hurr look at me my monster has a big CR".

The Glyphstone
2011-03-31, 01:22 PM
Immortals Handbook, epileptic monkeys, boxing gloves, blah blah blah.

Alleine
2011-03-31, 02:05 PM
Immortals Handbook, epileptic monkeys, boxing gloves, blah blah blah.

I take that as an insult to epileptic monkeys everywhere. They can do so much better than the Immortals Handbook.

TroubleBrewing
2011-03-31, 02:07 PM
For those unfamiliar with the Immortals Handbook, it's basically "HERP DERP BIG NUMBERS DERP PANCAKES".

Togo
2011-04-01, 05:55 PM
Presumably anything that would kill Pun Pun would work equally well against one of these things?

Jack_Simth
2011-04-01, 06:26 PM
I'll listen to any strategy on this one. They are insane.
Not that hard, really.

Take a Psion-17 with Affinity Field, Telekenetic Sphere, Syncronicity (Complete Psionic), Leadership, a Psionic cohort, and two followers of 3rd level or better who are also Psions.
The cohort makes sure to take Burrowing Power, Psionic Meditation, and some no-save, no-sr blasty power that's low enough level to apply Burrowing Power to it.
The two followers take Bestow Power.

The Psion-17 buries everyone in a Telekenetic Sphere (except the Neutronium Golem).
The Psion-17 manifests Affinity Field.
The Psion-17 Manifests Synchronicity (augmented to 3 points, so he doesn't need to specify what the readied action is)
Both followers accept the Synchronicity through the Affinity field, and immediately take their actions to use Bestow Power on the Psion-17 - costing each of them 3 power points.
Check it out: The Psion-17 spent 3 power points and a standard action to gain a standard action for himself and the other three people in the affinity field.
The first follower spent 3 power points to give 2 power points to the Psion-17... which is shared through the affinity field, so everyone gains two power points (including the manifesting follower).
The second follower spent 3 power points to give 2 power points to the Psion-17... which is shared through the affinity field, so everyone gains two power points (including the manifesting follower).
The Cohort blasts with Burrowing Power through the Affinity Field.

If you're keeping track, the Psion-17 has gone up by 1 power point, both followers have gone up by 1 power point, the Cohort has gone up by 4 power points (not counting any he's spent blasting), and it's still the Psion-17's turn, and he still has his action from Synchronicity. So he uses it to manifest Synchronicity again, for 3 power points. The two followers Bestow Power again, then the Psion-17 Synchronizes again... they're pushing both infinite standard actions and infinite power points into anyone inside the Affinity Field, while they're all safely locked up inside a sphere of indestructible force. However, they're eating up all of those infinite actions for themselves in doing so. Seems useless, except as a recharge mechanism.

Until you realize the Cohort is inside the affinity field, and isn't spending his actions maintaining this. So the cohort uses his actions to regain psionic focus, and spend his infinite power points to use his no-save, no-sr blasty power with Burrowing Power to get it out of the sphere.

Soak Infinite cheese damage, Mr. Neutronium golem.