PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Reality OotS

electricbee
2011-03-30, 03:57 PM
What would the party be like if they were created under an alternate or different set of rules . . . kind of a guided reimagining of the OotSverse.

For example if the Gestalt optional rules were used, I think we'd have a power trio consisting of Velkaarsuvius , Durkelan and Haleroy.

Qwertystop
2011-03-30, 08:41 PM
I think Gestalt would not result in combining the characters. Durkon might be Cleric//Crusader or Paladin, Belkar might have started off as Ranger//Barbarian instead of multiclassing later. V might be Wizard//Warmage, or possibly just a significantly higher level to make up for being single-class. Not sure about Haley, but Roy might be Fighter//Swordsage. Limiting to Core would be a lot harder.

Goonthegoof
2011-03-30, 09:13 PM
They'd be a lot better as a 4E party, their choices of playstyle would actually be close to useful.

Leliel
2011-03-30, 10:03 PM
Exalted!

...Okay, that game has stolen my soul, but given the moral ambiguity and emphasis on customization, I can see the OOTS fitting snugly.

Roy: A Dawn with Mental Primary, specializes in War and Melee.

Haley: I actually think she would be a better Scourge than a Night, since she has the "dark past" with Ian and her quickness.

Elan: Changing Moon. Duh.

Vaarsuvius: Twilight. More duh, though he's done the feat of recovering from being akuma.

Durkon: Zenith, though one who hasn't neglected his Physical stats.

Belkar: There is so much Dusk it isn't funny.

Xykon: This one's a stretch, but I'm going to say Moonshadow with Necromancy-he's not really possessing of the patience of a Daybreak, but he's quite adaptable. That, and he's Oathed Redcloak into working with him.

Redcloak: Malefactor, high in Compassion-though he happily ignores most plights.

Monster in the Darkness: A Third Circle Demon who seems to have gotten a bit lost outside of Malfeas.

Tarquin: First Age Eclipse. He's pretty noble, but he's also very evil.

Ganji and Enor: A pair of Dragon Kings, one who's purchased more Essence than the other (and thus, literally more sapient).