PDA

View Full Version : Isaac Clarke (Pathfinder)

m4x0r
2011-03-31, 12:56 AM
I'm trying to stat up Isaac Clarke from Dead Space as a CR12 opponent for my party. Basically, that gives me 13 class levels to work with, and currently I'm trying to find a balance between Tinker, Rogue, and Ranger that'll make him an effective combatant. Any thoughts?

MammonAzrael
2011-03-31, 02:06 AM
Honestly? Don't make it Isaac Clarke. Make it a reference to Dead Space.

The problem is, DnD (and to my knowledge, Pathfinder) do not support the single most influential aspect of Dead Space, which is strategic dismemberment.

I don't have any experience with Pathfinder, but given my love for Dead Space (I did work on it and help it ship, so I better love it!), I feel like I need to offer some suggestions. :smalltongue:

For an Isaac-esque character, put a heavy emphasis on using his items. Isaac himself is probably a level 3-5 expert, with awesome gear and psychosis. Gving him Improved/Superior unarmed strike would help with the damage of his curb stomp, but isn't really in flavor otherwise, as he isn't a martial arts expert.

You'll certainly want a custom suit of full plate armor, something to let him fly around, and a wand of slow. Probably a helm that grants immunity to anything based on breathing or drowning, environmental conditions, etc. He shouldn't have mind blank, though having a resistance to such effects could work.

Other than that...well, if there are spells that remove the use of limbs or something to that effect, that would be perfect.

He should kite your players as much as he can. And impose lots of various penalties and debuffs.

Amoren
2011-03-31, 02:24 AM
I'd suggest giving him a magical crossbow which does fire damage, and fluffing it out to shoot a pulse of plasma ala plasma cutter. If your game also has called shot rules he should definitely put them to use; have him aim for the legs to cripple their movement and aide his kiting. Of course, since he's facing (hopefully) living beings and non undead, he really doesn't have to focus on dismembering, so he can be free to take aim at their heads after this unless he's trying to keep them alive.

I also believes there's some sort of clock work power armor in one of the splat books... A retuned version of this might work wonders as a DnD version of his suite (or just have a strength increasing item as part of his full plate set).

A hand of the mage dialed up to 11 would also be cool as part of his equipment, allow him to pick up boulders and toss them at the party. Or, for fun, have him do a called shot to the fighter's hand to disarm him, use it to pick up the sword and then telekinetically shove it back at the fighter point first (bonus points if it impales him to the dungeon wall!).

Yora
2011-03-31, 10:45 AM
In D&D, I'd suggest a soulbow with mindblade chakrams. :smallbiggrin: