PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Council of Theives IC

Ruik
2011-03-31, 06:38 AM
http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/15457/Council_of_Thieved_Banner.jpg

Haunted by the apparent death of Aroden and its subsequent fall from grace, Westcrown has become a shadow of its former glory, beset by criminals, a corrupt nobility, and a shadowy curse. For your own reasons, each of you has an interest in seeing the current regime in Westcrown replaced, or at the very least an end to the influence of the cursed house of Thrune. Your search for likeminded individuals has slowly but surely seen you drawn slowly but inexorably together.

Duncan
Quiet questions about your master and the House of Thrune met with silence from fellow citizens who considered you at best a menace, and at worst an inquisitor of the current regime. There were those, however, who took notice of your hostility to the current regime. This morning you found yourself accompanied all of a sudden by a young woman named Janiven, which was strange in that you had never met her before. Your walk together was both short, and to the point.

”I understand that you have recently lost both a mentor and a friend, and that hardly makes you alone in Westcrown today. So many of us suffer and choose to do nothing about it. If you feel differently, you should come to Vizio’s Tavern tonight for dinner. I think it will be worth your time.”

Morvius Mironeth
Your discreet enquires regarding those who wish to see Westcrown nights reclaimed from the creatures that took everything from you have borne fruit. Last night, a fellow hunter of these shadow creatures directed you to a young woman named Janiven at Vizio’s Tavern. You found the young woman busy working to clean the dilapidated bar, and unwilling to talk to you in any great detail. She did however dance around a topic generally best left alone in Cheliax, and one close to your heart.

”These horrors you speak of, and other problems, are tearing at the heart and soul of Westcrown. Some friends and I believe that we all, concerned citizens, should work together to make our city safe again. If you feel the same, you should come by tomorrow evening for an early dinner. We can talk some more, and I can introduce you to others who share this view.”

Anrae & Turrok
Driven by anger at the current state of Westcrown, you have both arrived at the decision that enough is enough, and it is time for a change. Thoughts that are not generally well received in Cheliax, and can land you on the wrong end of a noose. Nevertheless, your inquiries lead you both to hear rumours of a group of like-minded people defying the current regime, and your search eventually lead you both to a similar abrupt encounter with a striking young woman. Without saying a word she passed you a small slip of paper before disappearing back into the throng.

You seek a return to a Westcrown of safety, justice and honour. You seek an end to the corruption and the terrors of the night. You are not alone. Be at Vizio’s Tavern tonight, before sundown for dinner. We can discuss more then.

Your only clue to the identity of the woman is the simple signature at the bottom, ‘Janiven’.

Cador
Your newly granted knighthood brought both freedom and a simultaneous lack of purpose for the first time in your life. With no mission from your Order, you found yourself training and studying the teachings of your god, and increasingly concerned about the creatures of the night that haunt your city. Then one day, a young woman in the clothing of an acolyte brought you a note.

I believe that this city needs men of faith and conscience, who are willing to stand against the tide of chaos and evil that makes our very streets unsafe to walk. There are those amongst the order who trust you are such a man. If you believe as I do, come to Vizio’s Tavern tonight before sunset and we will talk.

Written on the leatherhead of your faith, it bore no seal or device, and was simply signed ‘Janiven’. When you looked up for the acolyte, she was nowhere to be found.

Each of you therefore for your own reasons now find yourselves nearing Vizio’s Tavern. It is nearing 4 o’clock in the afternoon, the traditional dining hour for those who live in a city where being home before dark is a matter of general survival, and the appointed hour for your meeting…

Lost Demiurge
2011-03-31, 08:30 AM
Underneath a faded cloak, green eyes study Vizio's tavern.

Heard a bit about this place. Never found myself over here, though. Well then.
A quick glance to make sure that Turrok's at her side, and in she goes. Now what do we have here...
She looks around carefully, letting her eyes adjust to the lighting inside.

Zefir
2011-03-31, 08:58 AM
Ducan took note of Janiven but didn't react at that moment.

After Lunch he headed out for the Vizio’s Tavern. He looked for a side gasp and watched who entered and left the tavern.

After the sun falls he heads in himself he heads intio the tavern.

Ducan is a very keen person he wears common clothes, but they are a bit darker to hide in the shadows. He has nothing that differentiate him from the mass no scarfs or a face you remember. The only thing what may draw attention is the difference between his hair and eye color's. While he has black hair which melt with the shadows his eyes gloom in a bright blue.

He looks out for Janiven, if not found he takes a seat which is covered in some shadows.

arkol
2011-03-31, 07:41 PM
Cador (no last name) - LG Paladin of Iomedae

The young man left his temple heading towards Vizio's Tavern immediately upon reading the note.

He didn't know where the tavern was but a couple questions here and there took him in the right direction.

He's tall and muscular and walks the streets with pride.

He doesn't wear a helmet which makes his above-the-shoulder-length hair flow behind him with the speed at which he moves. He moves has if he has a mission, a quest.

His silvery armor is spotless as is his red cape. Slung over his back a more modest, but well cared for, wooden shield and at his hip a beautiful blade whose beauty is for now hidden within the scabbard. He also wears something else, something unusual in the streets of Westcrown: a smile. Looking at his figure as a whole his smile looks like a smile of overconfidence... cockiness. But if you look at his kind blue eyes you can see it's just a general aura of positivity and even... happiness.

The tavern at least. He enters and goes straight to the bar. As soon as someone asks him what he wants he turns down the request with his hand and instead says:

"Good afternoon good sir/lady! Lady Janiven?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-03-31, 10:07 PM
Morvius Mironeth sweeps into the tavern, a pale face shadowed by a large black cloak. The cloak seems to hide all of him from view. A gaunt hand emerges and adjusts the silvery clasp at his throat. His footsteps barely make a sound, and as he takes his seat, the shadows almost seem to pull towards him, like iron to a lodestone.

"Good afternoon," he says in a quiet, almost whispering, tone

King Tius
2011-04-01, 07:12 AM
Turrok

A rather burly looking man strides into the bar behind Anrae with a smile upon his face. No wait, not a man, a half-orc! While others might slink in, he saunters straight up to the bar and orders himself a drink. Though his entrance may draw undue attention, a haughty half-orc with a large blade on his back at a bar is hardly a rare scene.

Reaching the counter, regardless of whether the barkeep is ready for his order or not, he says to the bartender in a loud, clear voice.

"Ale! I'll have an ale. And something weak for the woman."

Some people blend in by hiding under cloaks and blending into crowds. Others by playing up stereotypes!

Ruik
2011-04-01, 08:05 AM
As you enter you find the Tavern in the midst of a renovation, apparently being undertaken single-handed by the young woman behind the bar. For those of you who have met her in person, you recognise Janiven. She gestures to one of the few clear tables in the room "Please, everyone, have a seat. The food will be ready soon."

She makes her way over to Cador, and taking his arm guides him towards the table. Despite no longer wearing the cloth of an acolyte, she is clearly the woman who delivered the letter earlier. "Lady Janiven indeed. I'm sorry for not introducing myself earlier, and for my subterfuge in your holy temple. I hope that our discussion will be worth your time."

Turrok's bold request is met with a wiry smile, and he very rapidly finds himself in possession of a large mug of ale, and a cup also filled with something that appears suspiciously like ale. "I'm afraid our selection is rather limited at the moment." She raises her voice as she turns towards the table. "There is plenty for everyone, so long as you feel like ale. The food will be ready soon. So make yourselves at home."

Lost Demiurge
2011-04-01, 08:29 AM
"That's quite alright." Says Anrae, as she takes the mug of near-ale, and sits at the table. She pulls her hood back to reveal a rather attractive face, with a hint of elven features. Studying the others one by one, she sips her drink and smiles.

"Call me Ann." The year or two she spent in the city's underbelly, dodging the legates, taught her a little caution.

"I'm quite pleased to meet you all. What may I call you?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-01, 08:35 AM
Morvius stands and pulls back his hood, revealing his thin, pale face, bleached-white hair and sickly yellow eyes, and then bows politely.

"Morvius, of the noble house Mironeth, at your service."

Zefir
2011-04-01, 08:36 AM
Ducan takes a seat, too most likely near Morvius cause it seems to be darker near him. He didn't take of his cloak and his voice is dull coming from the scarf that hides his face.

"Names are nothing but smoke and mirrors. But if you need to call me somehow, you can call me Ducan."

He takes one of the mugs, but didn#t drink at first waiting for the others.

arkol
2011-04-01, 06:03 PM
Cador (no last name) - LG Paladin of Iomedae

Cador is quite suspicious of all this. A noble, an half-elf, an half-orc and a shady human to say the least is a very odd combination... he walks with the half-stranger lady in his arm, up to the table, where he helps her sit.

He declines any beverages with a simple "No thank you."

As the others as preseting themselves he tries to determine if any of them might be of an evil nature. Including their host.

Detect evil on everyone. Because it's the paladin thing to do :smallbiggrin:

His eyes narrow when the shady human replys.

"One should not be afraid to state one's name. I'm Cador. Recently appointed Knight of the Shining Light*."

I just came up with this. Didn't really realize I didn't have an order. I looked around for something that actually existed but the only thing I could find was the Knights of Ozem, but that was the Order to which Iomedae belonged to herself. Too big. So I came up with that totally cliché name. If there's an actual order with a better name I would be glad to change to that.

Zefir
2011-04-02, 06:09 AM
Ducan gives the paladin no look.

"So if names are so important why do people tend to forget them first?"

Lost Demiurge
2011-04-02, 08:36 AM
A knight. Well, that explains it.

Anrae takes another sip of her drink. "Not everyone has the luxury of acting openly, Sir knight. Not in this city."

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-02, 02:12 PM
Morvius observes the others, not truly feeling as if he had anything valuable to say. After a few minutes, he absently pulls out a sheet of parchment, followed by ink and a pen, and begins writing.

arkol
2011-04-02, 05:56 PM
"Perhaps, Mister Ducan, you don't make a lasting impression on people, so they tend to forget your name...

As for what you mention Miss Ann... Names and actions are two quite different things. But I belive we digress. I am sure Lady Janiven didn't brought us here to discuss philosophy..."

Ruik
2011-04-03, 05:52 AM
Cador bearly finishes speaking as Janiven makes her way back into the common room with a couple of bowls of what smells like stew. "Actually, in a way philosophy is exactly why I asked you here. But we can talk about that after dinner." She glances towards the door before setting the bowls down. "It's not much, given the state of the kitchen, but I hope you enjoy it."

She dissapears back as quickly as she came, to get the remaining bowls and some water for the table. The food is hearty, but nothing compared to what is served at the tables of the city's nobles. Janiven joins you again herself, glancing towards the door once more as she seats herself.

Zefir
2011-04-03, 08:19 AM
Ducan (without a n) raise an eyebrow.

"It's not MISTER Ducan just Ducan. And I think the appereanc is to commen people more remember on the name since it's the only way to fdiffer him from other."

Then the meal comes. ducan notice her look at the door and after she did it again he do it himself, trying to be not so flashy then she is.
He indeed beginns to eat slowly.

"Is there another guest coming?" he asks Janiven over the edge of his bowl.

Lost Demiurge
2011-04-03, 10:04 AM
"You're worried, Miss Janiven." Says Anrae. "Now why is that?"

King Tius
2011-04-03, 10:24 AM
"Thank you for the hospitality." Despite his initially boisterous nature, Turrok quickly settles down and shows that he is as eloquent and civil as any elf. He sits quietly and waits to hear Janiven's response.

OOC: I realize my sheet isn't all finished but I'll get to it as soon as I can. Turrok is definitely Good aligned, so no worries there.

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-03, 12:37 PM
Morvius puts his writing utensils away and begins eating hungrily.

"This is good!" he comments.

"It feels more...real than even the extravagant feasts I've been forced to attend."

arkol
2011-04-03, 07:19 PM
Cador starts to eat slowly, observing the others and their host as he does so. When Ducan makes his question he looks at Janiven, also waiting for a reply.

Lost Demiurge
2011-04-03, 09:34 PM
Morvius puts his writing utensils away and begins eating hungrily.

"This is good!" he comments.

"It feels more...real than even the extravagant feasts I've been forced to attend."

"Forced to attend extravagant feasts, sir knight? My, how horrible. I rather wish some of the destitute families I know had that problem." Anrae digs in, relishing the food. It's quite clear that she's VERY hungry.

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-03, 11:40 PM
"I am no knight, but I agree with you."

Morvius wipes his delicate hands with a napkin.

"I look at some of the parties my cousins have thrown and feel disgusted that the servants bearing the platters probably missed meals so their masters could afford to waste such food."

Ruik
2011-04-04, 05:41 AM
Seemingly unaware that she had been noticed, Janiven's response is clipped, and somewhat agitated. "No, no other guests have been invited." She replies to Ducan, before turning to Anrae. "Our street is not illuminated at night, and the shadow beasts prey on my mind." She seems to brighten up before continuing. Our business should be concluded well before sunset, but if it is not, or should any of you wish to stay here after curfew, I can find rooms for you to rest here tonight. Now, would anyone like seconds?"

Your all welcome to make Sense Motive checks if you wish, just include them in spoilers in your next post. Also I subscribe to the DM school of 'you can do whatever you like, you just might not succeed'. In other words, if you want to spot or sense motive, etc, just roll. If there is nothing to see/discern, then thats what I'll tell you :smallwink:

Zefir
2011-04-04, 06:30 AM
I'm sure she hides something.

Sense Motive [roll0] If she planed something.
Perception [roll1] Wannt to hear something coming from outside, spoting other people in the bar.

And if he sense that she has planed something he won't even eat the first bowl, if not he just eats and drinks normal saying nothing. He just throws a few looks over the bar and the entrace.

arkol
2011-04-04, 06:39 PM
Might as well...

sense motive
[roll0]

perception
[roll1]

Ruik
2011-04-07, 02:36 AM
Once she is sure that everyone is finished, Janiven clears the table and brings fresh drinks for those who need re-filling. Once she is sure that you are all comfortable, she moves to the head of the table. She takes one last look out at the afternoon light, and a deep breath, before she begins speaks with passion.

"Again, thank you for agreeing to meet with me here. I assure you once more that we will be done in less than an hour. Plenty of time to get you on your way before curfew.

I have chosen each of you for a singular reason—everyone here, myself included, has suffered, whether we realize it or not. I have lived in Westcrown my whole life, and although I love this city, I must admit, as must you, that despite our peace and prosperity, we continue to suffer. Fear should not be an expected part of life, and yet each night brings fear to our doorsteps.

Yes, Westcrown has been safe from war and famine for nearly seventy years, and yes, our businesses has prospered—but this safety and prosperity has been bought with the coinage of fear and prayers to Hell. Other lands live free from tyranny. Other cities do not fear the night. Other governments do not cede the streets to monsters of the infernal shadows. Westcrown was once such a place, and she wants to be such a place again. Westcrown is not only her buildings and canals and docks and history—she is also her people. Westcrown is our friends and neighbors, our mothers and fathers, our siblings and cousins, our sons and daughters!

With but a small group of supporters and dedicated brothers and sisters, we can earn the trust and admiration of those people. A Westcrown free of these shadowy beasts that stalk our streets is one step closer to a Westcrown free of the devil that is the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune!"

Figured I'd bump the game along a bit...

Ducan does not get any sense of duplicity from her, and Cador gets the impression that she is definitely worried about something, but she was not lying about anything she said.

Neither of you hear anything unusual from outside the bar, and aside from invited guests, there is no one else inside.

Zefir
2011-04-07, 04:04 AM
Ducan watches her.

"I can't say I'm firm with the past and I'm not in the mood to hear about it could you come to the point while we are all here?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-07, 08:15 AM
"Here here!" Morvius cries, pounding a fist on the table.

"Never again should a child lose family simply for walking the streets at night!"

Lost Demiurge
2011-04-07, 09:39 AM
Anrae glances over at Ducan. "Stop being rude," She advises. "The lady's taking a risk with us, and she's giving us dinner."

Then she leans forward again.

"THIS is what I came to hear. Let's talk plans. Got anything solid, or are you leaving that to us?"

arkol
2011-04-07, 03:26 PM
Cador paciently waits for her reply, mentally considering the implications of what's being said.

Zefir
2011-04-08, 01:48 AM
Ducan first looks angry and then laugths.

"Oh, you are so funny telling my I'm rude and asking such specific questions the second after. Don't be so rude."

He tries to clam down since Anrae isn't available.

Ruik
2011-04-08, 08:28 AM
Janiven gives a moment for what she has said to sink in, then raises her hands appealing for calm. "As I have said, our plan is to earn the trust and admiration of our fellow citizens. Our numbers are small, but growing. We plan to fight back against the fell creatures of the night, and at the underbelly of corruption that plagues our city. By serving the people in this way we can simultaneously give them hope, and inspire them. Eventually we hope to return this city to its glory days, before the fall of Aroden." She continues in a lower voice. "The main reason I asked you here tonight was to confirm my suspicion that you shared our ideals. If you choose to join us, then we can talk about what is to be done."

Zefir
2011-04-08, 08:58 AM
"That is just the reason I'm here, please go on."

HE still keeps himself in the corner watching out for the door Perception if needed. Still try to note if something is out the door or otherwise coming in, also check the windows if there are any.
[roll0]

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-08, 04:16 PM
Morvius nods emphatically.

"I strongly advocate the need for change in this city. You have my support, come what may."

arkol
2011-04-08, 06:40 PM
Cador palces his hands almost together, each finger in each hand touching the opposing finger, elbows resting on the table, he clears his throat and then says as he eyes everyone at the table except Janiven

"I belive, Lord* Morvius, that goes without saying. Clearly we all have revealed our displeasure with the current state of things, one way or another and with or without having had the intention of doing so" he pauses for a moment more that he had to, looking at Ann in particular and then continues. "Thus I think the real question is two-fold." He pauses again and looks at Janiven, and Janiven only now:

"Why us and why now? I ask because on my religious studies I have come across several stories of change, and while stories always try to put a single person or very few individuals in the spotlight the truth is that change happens when many many different little details come together. And while one or a few individuals can be the sprak that ignites the fire, the firewood surely must have been there in the first place. Surely if something significant and relevant can be done, it could have been done soner... So again I ask, why us? And what has changed in the status quo that makes now the time to act?"

*or you now... whatever the appropriate title for a noble is in Westcrown.

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-09, 12:16 AM
"Why now? Why not now? The status quo should have been overturned decades ago, when these monsters began haunting our streets!"

What's the asterisk for? :smallconfused:

Lost Demiurge
2011-04-09, 10:11 PM
"I'm in." Says Anrae, simply. "I'm not a mighty mage, but I can bend some small magics to the cause. And I will not shy away from a good fight."

King Tius
2011-04-10, 05:08 PM
Turrok

The half-orc who has been listening intently finally clears his throat and speaks up.

"I applaud you for your courage, Janiven, but what you speak of is treason. Hiring brutes to clear the streets is noble enough, but are you prepared to give your life for this cause when the guards drag you to the gallows?"

He pauses and takes a deep drink of his ale, waiting for her reply before he continues.

OOC: I apologize again for my absence. I am back from my business trip and ready to start this revolution!

Ruik
2011-04-11, 05:26 AM
"I would remind you all that I have taken a great personal risk in bringing you all here and telling you this. I assure you that I am committed to seeing this through, come what may. We are also not talking about brutes, but skilled individuals with a conscience who want to see our city made safe."

She seems about to say more, but before you can you notice Ducan's head snap towards the door moments someone begins to hammer on it, not overly loud but definitely insistant. Her hand slips in behind her jacket as she moves swiftly to the window. Upon seeing outside, she relaxes and quickly opens the door to reveal a bedraggled, out of breath, and clearly frightended teenager.

Before anyone can speak, he bursts out "They've got Arael!", before doubling over in a coughing fit from what was obviously a marathon run.

Zefir
2011-04-11, 06:07 AM
Duncan jumps up from his place. Since he is in a corner he makes a jump over the table, to reach through the door.

[roll0] acrobatic check if needed

If he maned it he will first try to hide near the door, but the eased expresion on her makes him stop.
After the man told his story Ducan reached for a chair so he can take a seat.

"So I think you know this guy, right? And the person he is talking about is a friend of yours as well right?"

Lost Demiurge
2011-04-11, 06:41 AM
Anrae starts muttering under her breath, tracing a pattern on the tabletop with wine, her eyes distant.

After about roughly a minute of this, there's a distant KRAK, and the tablecloth bulges near her. SOMETHING has been called up, as the glowing draconic brand on her forehead attests. SOMETHING sniffs at the feet around it, then settles back on its haunches, scraping the table from below.

"Who has Arael?" Anrae finally asks. "And what can we do about this?"

King Tius
2011-04-11, 07:08 AM
Turrok
Turrok nods in approval at Janiven's reply. "Good, then I shall add my sword to this cause, and I appreciate that you do not think me a brute, despite my heritage."

When the knocking comes, Turrok seems unconcerned. He waits patiently for the tired runner and/or Janiven to explain things in more detail.

arkol
2011-04-11, 10:00 AM
Cador hand immediately goes to the handle of his sword when he hears the door knocking. He relaxes a bit when Janiven seems to know who's knocking but when Anrae does her thing it's too much for him. He draws his sword poiting it towards whatever is under the table

"What was THAT!?"

Lost Demiurge
2011-04-11, 10:25 AM
Cador hand immediately goes to the handle of his sword when he hears the door knocking. He relaxes a bit when Janiven seems to know who's knocking but when Anrae does her thing it's too much for him. He draws his sword poiting it towards whatever is under the table

"What was THAT!?"

"That's the least possible fraction of my god's presence on this plane. Now settle the hell down, he's on our side." Says Anrae.

The thing under the table chuckles.

"I OBJECT TO BEING CALLED THE 'LEAST' OF ANYTHING, CHILD."

Anrae snorts, and knocks back her drink. "Then you should've manifested and empowered a cleric or a paladin or somebody whose knees bend a lot easier. But no, you chose me and I'm not gonna lie about your situation. Deal with it."

"NO, I THINK YOU'LL DO. SORRY, YOU'RE STUCK WITH ME."

arkol
2011-04-11, 10:32 AM
"You should at least show yourself" says Cador without lowering the sword.

Lost Demiurge
2011-04-11, 11:38 AM
Anrae scowls. "Well, since you're acting like a git and waving your sword around now, that DOES cancel out my attempt at being subtle and not attracting attention. Way to go, warrior boy. C'mon out, Ba."
Silvery scales slide out from under the table, as a clawed hand gently pushes Cador's sword out of the way. A silvery-white, dragon the size of a human is revealed, as it looks upon the assembled personage. It has a regal bearing far mismatched from its size, and its eyes are dark voids literally full of stars.

"I SHALL HELP YOU FREE YOUR CITY FROM THE EVIL THAT HOLDS IT." Its nostrils flare.

"HM. IS THAT BACON I SMELL?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-11, 11:46 AM
Morvius' eyes widen as the eidolon emerges.

"Inan'Harel!" he exclaims in Elven.

Ruik
2011-04-12, 03:50 AM
The boy gestures wildly as he sucks wind, but seems too worn out to speak. All that stops as what appears to be a dragon appears in the room. He snaps out nearly straight away as he clutches at Janiven's sleeve and manages to force the words out through his panting. "The dottari nabbed Arael, and the Hellknights of the Rack are trying to get custody of him! There’s a
bunch of Hellknights on their way here now! I only just made it in here; they’ve already surrounded us!"

Ducan hears it first, but soon enough you can all hear the distinctive sound of clanking armour advancing on the tavern.

Zefir
2011-04-12, 04:33 AM
Ducan suggest the other to be silent by placing his finger on his lips. Then he lens to the wall and tries to look out the window without beeing noticed by the guys outside.

Stealth check:[roll0]
Perception again if needed.[roll1]

I think I do as you say just rolling as I feel it's needed.

King Tius
2011-04-12, 07:03 AM
Turrok
Turrok stands and draws his falchon. "If they're coming we'll want to bottleneck them at the door. Quickly, let's move some of these tables."

arkol
2011-04-12, 07:18 AM
"I belive in honourable combat as much as the next Knight, but going against a platoon of Hellknights is more akin to suicide."
With his sword still drawn he points at the dragon and asks Ann:

"Can that thing fly?"

Lost Demiurge
2011-04-12, 08:56 AM
Anrae is already upending a table and pushing it against the door, shouldering Turrok aside. "No, he can't fly. Not yet, anyway... Come on, help me block the doors!"

"WE SHOULD STAND AND SLAY THE WICKED!"

"No, these are bloody HELLKNIGHTS. They eat idealists for breakfast."

"OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS SHALL PREVAIL!"

"Yes, if we're clever and cunning and don't go directly against them until- gah! We've discussed this before! Help me out here!"
The dragon mutters something, and starts pushing tables over. Anrae looks back to Janniven as she works. "Tell me there's another way out of here."

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-12, 03:53 PM
"I know a few things about sight unseen, but we need to have a means of leaving unnoticed for them to count," Morvius adds.

Ruik
2011-04-13, 04:57 AM
Through the edge of the window both Ducan and Janiven see a large group of heavily armed Hellknights in full armour advancing on the tavern. Distracted by the Hellknights and the young man on the floor, Janiven doesn't respond immediately to the group. She turns however as Anrae speaks to her and nods emphatically. "Your right of course. I apologize to all for getting you caught up in this. We have a way out for situations such as this. Follow Morosino and I." She grabs the young man, apparently the 'Morosino' she referred to, and moves swiftly behind the decrepit bar and opening a heavy trap door in the floor. "Come, there isn't much time!"

You hear a mailed fist begin to hammer on the Tavern door, followed by the angry booming voice of what is a surely one of the Hellknights. "You in the tavern, under the authority of the Order of the Rack, I demand you come outside and surrender yourselves immediately!"

King Tius
2011-04-13, 07:31 AM
Turrok
"Go quickly, I will cover the rear." He takes up a defensive stance in the middle of the room, waiting for everyone to clear out.

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-13, 07:40 AM
Morvius follows the two down the trapdoor.

Zefir
2011-04-13, 08:07 AM
Ducan follows two, if there was only one Hellknight it yould be no problem, but a whole troop? Thats bad.

"I hope this thing has an exit." He sais befor entering the hole.

Lost Demiurge
2011-04-13, 08:07 AM
"I WILL NOT LET YOU STAND ALONE, BRAVE KNIGHT." The dragon clambers next to Turrok. Anrae slaps her forehead.

"Look, you lads want to be heroes, go for it. Just do me a favor and run like hell once we're all through, hm? And remember, Ba. 100 Feet! Catch up REAL fast!"

The dragon grumbles again. Anrae vanishes down the trapdoor.

After a quick glance left and right, the dragon looks at Turrok with its star eyes.

"THERE ARE MANY TABLES IN THE WAY. THIS WILL SLOW THEM DOWN FROM REACHING US. WE SHOULD MOVE THEM ASIDE SO THAT WE DON'T HAVE TO WAIT AS LONG TO MEET THEM IN GLORIOUS COMBAT. I'LL HANDLE THE FIRST TWENTY, YOU TAKE WHAT'S LEFT!"

King Tius
2011-04-13, 08:11 AM
Turrok
Turrok laughs heartily at the dragon's battle plan but gives no other response. As soon as everyone else has cleared the trap door, he will drop through himself (though he will wait to shut the door until after Ba comes through).

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-13, 04:40 PM
Ducan follows two, if there was only one Hellknight it yould be no problem, but a whole troop? Thats bad.

"I hope this thing has an exit." He sais befor entering the hole.

"It wouldn't make much sense as an escape route if it didn't," Morvius comments.

arkol
2011-04-13, 05:59 PM
Cador also enters the trapdoor, waiting for a moment to make sure Turrok and the dragon are following.

Lost Demiurge
2011-04-13, 06:50 PM
After a few long seconds, the dragon finally follows, looking very disappointed.

Zefir
2011-04-14, 01:21 AM
"It wouldn't make much sense as an escape route if it didn't," Morvius comments.

"Maybe it's just a hiding place like a wine cellar. They normaly have only one exit."

He comments Morvius calmly.

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-14, 05:24 PM
"These are Hellknights. They're not going to stop searching because no one answers the door. If our goal was to hide and expect them to just leave, we'd be in for a grave disappointment."

Zefir
2011-04-15, 06:18 AM
"I just hope they have an escape plan."

Ducan sais a bit confused by the shadow man.

Ruik
2011-04-15, 07:21 AM
Janiven bundles Morosino in among the group as you begin to move through the trapdoor. "Follow Morosino - we have taught him the way!" When it is just herself and Turrok left, she reaches under the bar and comes up with a small leather bag, which she hurls at the door of the tavern, splashing it and the surrounding floor with a strange looking goo. Finally she pushes open the door to the kitchen and then gestures for Turrok to follow her.

Once everyone is down through the trapdoor, Janiven lets it slam shut above you. A quick look around reveals a short tunnel of rough hewn stone leading to a simple wooden door. With the tunnel rapidly filling with bodies, she calls down from her crouched position from the steps. "Head on through the door, it leads to the sewers."

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-15, 03:33 PM
Morvius looks at Ducan.

"Told you so."

Lost Demiurge
2011-04-15, 05:47 PM
"Good. Alright Bahamut, time to get stinky..." Anrae picks her way through the door, casting a light spell upon her newly-drawn mace as she goes.

arkol
2011-04-15, 06:03 PM
"The sewers?! I think I'll take my chances with the Hel..." he pauses for a second to look back. "Aww... crap! Literally!" and moves foward with the group.

Iomedae's priests are composed of clerics and paladins. Personal cleanliness as well as an honorable demeanor are both very important for her followers. An hour of prayer a day is practiced, in addition to a weekly public worship service.

Zefir
2011-04-17, 07:15 AM
Ducan will move on. In some way it seems he was in here befor. His steps are save and his view is clear. he allways takes a look around sarching for any signs that tell him, that this way is in use.

"Would be bad if not." he responds to Morvius without looking back.

I know, that i do many rolls, but hey better rolled one time more than one to less.
[roll0] With this Ducan tries to spot signs of use like footsteps or other things that tell him this seweres are in use.
[roll1] This one is for traps searching them up. (Trapfinding grants a bonus of 1/2 Levle min 1)

King Tius
2011-04-17, 08:33 AM
Turrok merely chuckles at the others' displeasure for the sewers and starts walking, offering to take point if nobody else wants to.

Lost Demiurge
2011-04-17, 09:55 AM
Anrae gladly lets Turrok take point, falling in behind him.

"Ba, you take the rear."

The dragon perks up and does so.

"GOOD. PERHAPS THEY SHALL CATCH UP TO US! WHAT A FIGHT IT WILL BE..."

Ruik
2011-04-18, 05:16 AM
The other side of the door turns out to be a sewer tunnel running to the left and to the right. The tunnel is 10ft wide, with a shallow 3ft trench for sewerage and water, and the low ceiling forces you to crouch slightly. As you all move out into the tunnel, Morosino moves over to the left and crouches near a mark on the wall, underneath a wall bracket that holds a spluttering torch. "This here is our mark - Janiven and Arael left them to show the way."

Finally Janiven makes her way out into the tunnel, shutting the door and dropping a wooden bar into place. "Hopefully that will slow them down!" She then moves to the side and slides a loose stone out of the wall to reveal a small hollow. She sighs with relief as she reaches inside and pulls out a backpack. "Good, they are still here." She opens the bag and begins to pass out what appear to be potion vials as she continues. "We stored these here in case of emergencies such as this. They are potions of healing created by Arael. I'm afraid we won't have time to stop as long as the Hellknights are after us. I see Morosino has shown you our mark. It will show us the passages to a place of safety. We must make haste."

Right, so Janiven has passed out enough potions so that you all get 3 potions of Cure Light Wounds. If you don't want to hold onto them for some reason, she can keep some in her bag, or you can re-distribute them among the group as you see fit.

Ducan finds no traps in the immediate area. There are signs that the tunnel has been used within the last few weeks, but you cannot tell if that was Janiven, Arael or Morosino, or indeed someone or something else.

Zefir
2011-04-18, 06:02 AM
Ducan takes the flask with a nod. He wil try to remember the make as good as he can, knowing that if he note it somewhere it could be found by others.
Then he looks up and down the tunnel.

"Have you used this tunnel recently? It seems like traffic here is quiet higher than I expected."

King Tius
2011-04-18, 08:08 AM
Turrok
Slipping the healing potions into a pouch on his belt, he turns to the group and points towards his eyes.

"I can see just fine in the dark. Please allow me to scout ahead and make sure the way is safe. While I'm not much good at keeping quiet..." he brandishes his falchon "I do have a certain talent at silencing others."

Unless there are any objections he starts off into the darkness, looking for more of the markings that Morosino showed him.

Lost Demiurge
2011-04-18, 08:38 AM
Anrae takes her potions, nods, and follows Turrok into the darkness. Bahamut brings up the rear, casting mournful glances at the barred door.

Zefir
2011-04-18, 08:53 AM
Ducan watch them oing and sights.

"Hey guys! Just a hint, the one who takes the last position will clearly be the first one batteling a Hellknight if they catch up with us."

And he will follow as well.

arkol
2011-04-18, 08:57 AM
Cador takes the potions also.

"Where should be head to?"

Lost Demiurge
2011-04-18, 10:12 AM
Ducan watch them oing and sights.

"Hey guys! Just a hint, the one who takes the last position will clearly be the first one batteling a Hellknight if they catch up with us."

And he will follow as well.

"Yep," says Anrae. Who is in the front. Well away from potential Hellknight incursion.

"I WOULD NOT HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY," says Bahamut.

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-18, 12:04 PM
Morvius takes the flask Janiven offers and begins looking for an accompanying mark to the first.

Ruik
2011-04-19, 07:14 AM
As the group sets out, Janiven explains to Ducan, "Arael and I made these marks a few months ago when we explored the sewers. We have used it a couple of times since then, but we are not the only ones who use the sewers to move around." She looks at Cador as she continues. "We marked all the intersections so our people could find their way through the sewers to our hideout - thats where we are heading. You should feel comforted to know he picked the sword for because it is the symbol of Iomedae."

As you move down the tunnel, the noise of the Hellknights back at Vizio’s Tavern diminishes. Eventually you come to the shadowy edge of the illumination offered by the latern outside the door, "They might take a few minutes to search in the tavern, but some are going to follow us down here after they grab a lantern or make torches. They might even try to infiltrate the sewers ahead of us if they can guess our route. We will attract less attention down here if we move forward without light, but it is up to you. Either way we need to keep moving.""

Could we sort out some sort of marching order in the OOC thread? So far I have Turrok and Morosino up front, with Anrae close behind, and Bahamut bringing up the rear. I'll let you sort out the order of the rest in between.

Zefir
2011-04-21, 05:05 AM
Ducan whos is on the end keeps walking.

"So where do we head right now? I mean is this place really save?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-21, 03:54 PM
Morvius regards him somewhat stunned.

"Safe? In the sewers? Hardly. You get all sorts of pests down here."

King Tius
2011-04-22, 03:09 PM
Turrok
Tired of talking, Turrok takes off into the darkness, his sword at the ready. He scans the sewer walls for the symbol and takes a moment to stare down any side passage not marked for signs of trouble.

OOC: Not sure what/how many rolls you need me to make, so let me know!

Lost Demiurge
2011-04-22, 04:48 PM
Anrae follows, mace in hand. I just had to leave the spear at home, now didn't I...