PDA

View Full Version : Constructive Destruction

dark.sun.druid
2011-03-31, 11:40 AM
So I have a character who is a patron of Talos, and I've recently decided to really embrace my deity's ideals. I am looking for interesting ways to cause as much destruction as possible, and at the same time hopefully help out the party a bit. I have 37 strength, a magic large-sized greataxe, and a flint and steel. I have some other things, but they're not very conducive to destruction.

Does anyone have nay ideas of what I should do to destroy some things? I was planning on starting a forest fire or maybe burning down a village, but those things could end up hurting the party in the long run, and I'd rather cause my destruction in a party-friendly manner.

Amnestic
2011-03-31, 11:44 AM
Start a war.

Seems like the fastest way to the most destruction to me.

arguskos
2011-03-31, 11:45 AM
Let menget the straight. You are a Talosian, and you are worried about being friendly with your destructive tedencies? You are a terrible Talosian. Talos demands maximum destructive force at all times, knobs of this namby pansy "I want to be nice to my friends" stuff. Just warn the party that you lit a nearby orphanage on fire or whatever so they can clear out of dodge. That's pretty nice by Talosian standards. ;)

dark.sun.druid
2011-03-31, 12:48 PM
Let menget the straight. You are a Talosian, and you are worried about being friendly with your destructive tedencies? You are a terrible Talosian. Talos demands maximum destructive force at all times, knobs of this namby pansy "I want to be nice to my friends" stuff. Just warn the party that you lit a nearby orphanage on fire or whatever so they can clear out of dodge. That's pretty nice by Talosian standards. ;)

No, I don't want it to be obvious in game that I'm letting my party off easily, but I don't actually get them all killed. If someone knows some way that, in game, it seems like I'm being mercilessly destructive but at the same time, out of game, I don't have to kill everyone, that would be perfect.

arguskos
2011-03-31, 12:50 PM
No, I don't want it to be obvious in game that I'm letting my party off easily, but I don't actually get them all killed. If someone knows some way that, in game, it seems like I'm being mercilessly destructive but at the same time, out of game, I don't have to kill everyone, that would be perfect.
Let them know when your "prayer time" is, so they can not be in the area when you start hurling torches while howling Talos' name. Nothing wrong with that, and after all, you need some allies to help you destroy better.

Or hell, just RECRUIT them to help you destroy a town or whatever. That'll keep Talos happy for awhile, laughing at the destruction.

dark.sun.druid
2011-03-31, 12:54 PM
Or hell, just RECRUIT them to help you destroy a town or whatever. That'll keep Talos happy for awhile, laughing at the destruction.

I like this idea. Most of my party is evil, so I can probably convince them to come with me. I wonder what to destroy though...

Cespenar
2011-03-31, 12:55 PM
The most blatant answer would be to channel your destructive tendencies towards you and your party's enemies, whoever that might be. And if there isn't an enemy, then make one.

arguskos
2011-03-31, 01:02 PM
I like this idea. Most of my party is evil, so I can probably convince them to come with me. I wonder what to destroy though...
Anything in sight? Just make it awesome with fire and lightning and whatnot and Talos will be pleased. Start with bar fights, then move to riots, then try arson, and maybe after that lets stage a local revolution, then a large-scale one, then lets start a few wars. That'll really make Talos happy.

Also, what class and level are you? That really is important.

Psyren
2011-03-31, 05:21 PM

According to FaP, toppling towers always pleases him.

dark.sun.druid
2011-05-03, 07:49 AM
Also, what class and level are you? That really is important.

I'm ECL 14. 8 levels of Sea Hag, 5 levels of barbarian, and one level of war hulk. I'm retraining a feat next level (as per the rules in PHB2) to get leadership, and taking Might Makes Right as my new feat (ads my STR mod to Leadership score).

Rei_Jin
2011-05-03, 07:57 AM
You must destroy boats that do not give tribute to your god, ie, you. Destroy them all. And then, destroy one or two that DO give you tribute, if they give the least.

Then, in a show of utter depravity, destroy the tribute so that it goes to Talos, and demand MORE tribute.