PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Multiple homunculi?

tuesdayscoming
2011-03-31, 12:26 PM
Is there anything to stop you from having multiple Dedicated Wrights, thereby multiplying your crafting speed? I can't find a clause saying you can have only one of a given homunculus, though for some reason I seem to recall such a thing...

TroubleBrewing
2011-03-31, 12:29 PM
Not so far as I know. Most of the crafting guides out there seem to suggest the same.

Honestly, once you have access to Genesis (about ECL 17 or so), you only need one. Just make time as slow as you want in the plane you create, and have that wright craft away the centuries while mere moments pass in the material plane.

Veyr
2011-03-31, 03:30 PM
You're allowed as many homunculi as you have the time and resources to make.

Coidzor
2011-03-31, 03:37 PM
Yup, you can have multiple iron defenders and those flying arbalester homunculi, that's actually what allows the Hordeficer build to work. So you can have multiple dedicated wrights.

As far as having them crafting magical items simultaneously... I think that's a bit more problematic.

Of course, they are an additional vulnerability due to the damage that their destruction causes you.

Not so far as I know. Most of the crafting guides out there seem to suggest the same.

Honestly, once you have access to Genesis (about ECL 17 or so), you only need one. Just make time as slow as you want in the plane you create, and have that wright craft away the centuries while mere moments pass in the material plane.

You'd want time to be as fast as possible within the plane, so that a day there is moments on the material plane, I believe that's how the time traits view it. But otherwise yeah, pretty much spot on.

Of course, I think Genesis only really becomes available to Artificers at about 15th level in exchange for crafting an item to cast it for 'em.

Angry Bob
2011-03-31, 03:57 PM
You can have an army of them churn out mundane items, but you can only work on one magic item at once, by yourself or with a dedicated wright. Once you make a flowing time x100 plane, it's not a problem, but it is a restriction before then.

kamikasei
2011-03-31, 04:07 PM
You're allowed as many homunculi as you have the time and resources to make.
So long as you can keep coming up with different deadly sins to name them for.

tuesdayscoming
2011-03-31, 04:10 PM
Damn, Id completely forgotten about the one magic at a time, bit... Yeah, Genesis seems the obvious solution.

But wait, homunculi can be made by anyone with Craft Construct, not just Artificers, right? I seem to recall the Craft Homunculus feature reading something along the lines of 'allows the artificer to craft homunculi as if he had the Craft Construct feat.'

tuesdayscoming
2011-03-31, 04:12 PM
So long as you can keep coming up with different deadly sins to name them for.

Somebody just earned themselves a cookie!:smallbiggrin: