PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Dresden files monster

Gorilla2038
2011-03-31, 03:11 PM
Hi playground,

Im in need of a touch of help. I'm having a very hard time writing up a monster for my campaign.

The creature is a large, bloated mass of flesh with no real anatomy. Its biggest traits are its massive psychic type powers(maybe neuromancy?) and its ability to produce spores, that when they infect a person, turn them into a clone of the first human this creature ate.

Thanks in advance.

subject42
2011-03-31, 04:15 PM
This should probably be in the other games section.

Beyond that, what kind of refresh cost are you looking for this thing to have? I might be able to cook up a rough analogue to what you want tonight.

averagejoe
2011-03-31, 05:02 PM
Is this for the Dresden Files RPG, or do you want a monster from the Dresden Files to be adapted for a different RPG? If the latter, what system is it?

Gorilla2038
2011-03-31, 06:20 PM
Whoops. Will a mod move this thread for me?

Its for the Dresden files RPG. I have 5 PC's at a submerged level of play, and so i was thinking of refresh of some where like -10/-15.

Its a end boss for the first 'book' of the campaign. I would like for the PCs to be able to kill it.

averagejoe
2011-03-31, 10:07 PM
Yeah, sure thing. It's actually why I asked, as I didn't know where to place the thread. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with that RPG at all, so I can't really help.

subject42
2011-04-01, 07:45 PM
I would use a power list that's kind of like this:

Psychic Abilities: Dominination (-2)
Creature Features: Hulking Size (-2)
Greater Glamours (-4, rule 0 the Fae requirement)

These should handle the takeover spores (via domination) and some of the psychic abilities (via glamour).

Hulking size covers the abilities and leaves some room for sorcery or tentacle grapple abilities. You can probably mix and match two or three more of those.

Gorilla2038
2011-04-04, 12:00 PM
Thanks mate, that should start me off nicely.

subject42
2011-04-05, 06:08 PM
No problem. Let me know how you end up statting it up and how your players like it.